• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The Prestige is the only Nolan film I haven't seen in full. I don't think I could make a Nolan tier list because just because he hasn't made a bad movie and putting any of his films as 'last' would be difficult.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I've had the prestige on my PC for about a year... I am going to watch it tonight.

I think David Fincher would be my favorite director

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Must see movies:
The girl with the dragon tatoo <-- By david fincher
Final Destination 5
Colombiana
50/50
Dream House
Don't be afraid of the dark

These movies have the highest rating of being watched.
There's also an action thriller starring justin timberlake. I'm not sure what it's called though.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Nolan is definitely an excellent director, need to see Momento, I can never find it at my DVD shop lol. Finch as well.

I'm kinda a Quentin Tarantino fanboy though lol
Of the ones I've seen, him as director
Pulp Fiction>Inglourious Basterds/Reservoir Dogs>Kill Bill 1>Kill Bill 2>Jackie Brown.

Olikus

Smash Champion
saw 127 hours. Was worrired it should be long and boring. But it turned out great. One of the best films for 2010 imo.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The scene is rise of the planet of the apes where
cesar says NO!!!
the entire audience gasped in a kinda stunned way.
I stood up in my chair and was about to say "**** YEAH."
Then someone already did it.

"SHHYEEEAAH".

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Just got back from watching Final Destination 5.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. Notches better than the fourth. Although, I thought that the opening credits to it were bad and very lackluster compared to the fourth.

My favorite death was
the first with the gymnast. It was very suspenseful with all that I thought was going to potentially happen to her.

The ending was magnificent. Probably my favorite part of the whole movie.
Them incorporating the film with the first movie's premonition incident was extremely well thought out and very shocking. I was curious about the date of the movie initially when they showed the gymnast looking at the champion poster and the date on it was 1994. But I shrugged it off as something else. But them having the movie set before the first and incorporate it with the plane was very original and very different from the other installments.

The whole concept of "taking someone's life" I thought was interesting. They didn't exactly make it clear or not if it's any effective.

Oh, and I thought it was very interesting that the person having the premonition actually died before someone else (his girlfriend) that was involved with the whole accident. It was a first and brought a lot of questionable possibilities to the ending through my mind.

Mota

Finally got round to watching 'Leon: The Professional'

Loved the performances of both the leads, Jean Reno and of course the young Natalie Portman. The relationship between the two was mesmerizing to watch.
One of my fave movies already XD

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Finally got round to watching 'Leon: The Professional'

Loved the performances of both the leads, Jean Reno and of course the young Natalie Portman. The relationship between the two was mesmerizing to watch.
One of my fave movies already XD
It's in the top 3 movies for sure, the ending gets me every time :(

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
The last movie that I watched was True Grit. I thought it was above average, well acted, carried on nicely, and at times, oddly comedic. I tend to avoid westerns but I think that this one has something for modern audiences which is a plus.

As for a movie I'm looking forward to, In Time with Justin Timberlake. From the looks of it, I think that it will be one of those smart and original thrillers that only comes along every so often throughout the years. It could be the Inception of this year, and the Minority Report of this decade.

Favorite movies. Tron/Tron:Legacy. The Dark Knight, Star Wars of course.

Mota

I'm on a gosh darn movie spree. Need to focus on my studies more oh well.

Heard a lot of good things about "Moon" starring Sam Rockbell.
Very intriguing movie with a mindfudging twisty thingo. Loved it. 9/10 a bit slow after the a while though.

Kinda wanted Gerty to have a female voice though...GLaDOS?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm on a gosh darn movie spree. Need to focus on my studies more oh well.

Heard a lot of good things about "Moon" starring Sam Rockbell.
Very intriguing movie with a mindfudging twisty thingo. Loved it. 9/10 a bit slow after the a while though.

Kinda wanted Gerty to have a female voice though...GLaDOS?
GERTY is a reference to HAL9000 from 2001. I imagine that's the main reason they chose a male voice.

Mota

Hmm interesting, fair enough :)

Yes, saw the trailer for In Time, awesome concept. Would really make the divisions between the socioeconomic classes unavoidable. Def want to see it.
Don't hate or love justin timberlake.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The Thing.

This is the mother of all horror movies in my opinion.

And don't be afraid of the dark is coming out on Aug 26. That's my birthdate! :bee:

:phone:

Mota

^I think its gonna blow and i'm sad cause the concept is fresh in an time when we keep getting reboots, sequels and remakes.
Sadly I agree with you. :( Keep duh faith!

I knew I was going to enjoy "Friends with Benefits" Starring Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake, but I didn't know I was gonna enjoy it that much!
Great movie, even though you know what's gonna happen, it strays enough. Very witty and funny, had the whole cinema laughing, with one lady being very loud. As much as I love Natalie Portman, her version "No String Attached" with Ashton Kutcher, wasn't as funny, but had more memorable moments.

Gonna go watch "Shawshank Redemption" for the hell of it

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I just watched Source Code and I enjoyed it. I was almost turned off when I noticed it had the director of Moon but luckily it was nothing like that film.

I wouldn't tell you to dash out and buy it but definately rent it if you want a sci-fi thriller to watch one night. It's not going to rock anyones world but it was definately satisfying to watch, plus both plot threads keep you guessing on what's actually happening for the first half of the film, and it keeps up the pace seeing as though he only has 8 minutes to figure out what's going on every time.

Peeze

Smash Master
So I just watched Source Code and I enjoyed it. I was almost turned off when I noticed it had the director of Moon but luckily it was nothing like that film.

I wouldn't tell you to dash out and buy it but definately rent it if you want a sci-fi thriller to watch one night. It's not going to rock anyones world but it was definately satisfying to watch, plus both plot threads keep you guessing on what's actually happening for the first half of the film, and it keeps up the pace seeing as though he only has 8 minutes to figure out what's going on every time.
I thought it was alright. I agree there was nothing extraordinary about it. But it would suffice if you needed something to watch

Mota

I really liked Source code until the ending. Taking over another persons life, friends, family and body, what's with that?
I was almost turned off when I noticed it had the director of Moon but luckily it was nothing like that film.
U no liek Moon? :/

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nah, too slow and predictable. As soon as
the 2nd one woke and GERTY made up some story you could connect the dots. The little town being worked on previously, him getting ill just before going home, the new one having no memory, the flash of an earlier Sam on the harvester screen. By that stage we knew about all of that yet the film takes an hour to connect those dots when you already have and it only took you 5 minutes. You expect GERTY to do something, or the people arriving to do something, but GERTY doesn't do anything and the people arrive in the last 20 seconds.

M@v

Subarashii!
So yeah, The dark knight rises has been filming around town here for a while now. Been filming all over pittsburgh. Our mayor and some pittsburgh steelers are extras in it :p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
In Time looks good. I'll take a look at this one.

Also, Battleship, A movie based on the game, will be released 2012.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
What's the last movie you saw?
The last movie I saw in theaters was Fast Five. It was pretty good but it's not my style of movies. My brother dragged me along. Although, I think it would have to be the best out of the series, right after the first one that is. The last I've most recently seen was The Crazies. It wasn't bad but it was like all of the other post-apocalyptic/zombie movies out there. There were some creepy parts in it but I don't think I was actually scared at all. So, it defeated the purpose.
What movies are you excited for?
I'm not excited for anything really. I mostly like older movies. The new ones just seem like re-makes of old stuff.
Your favorites?
Sleepy Hollow, because just the concept of the story intruiged me; Iron Man, although I am sad to admit that I've never read any of the comics; Star Wars, especially the old ones; Paranormal Activity because it was one of the few scary movies to freak me out; I Am Legend, again because of the concept and the way things were carried out; and 1408 which was just mindblowing in itself.

If anyone has a really good horror movie they've seen I'm open to recommendations (please, I'm actually begging, haven't seen a really good one in a while).

Top Bottom