• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MPJVI - Mourning Pirates Jubilee Six - Raleigh, NC - August 16th & 17th

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
BEHR, top Marths? I'd like to think so lol. Sure hope those other Marth guys don't come in here and stuff, those guys cain't take a joke fer nuthin.

Dere's freakin two of em!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You mean about what I said? I know, but wait, why am I worried? We're the dern best Marths anywhere, we can defend our titles as we please!

Lol we are indeed too good.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh yeah, well it's our thread now, just as the title of best double Marth team ever will be taken by us too.

I heard from a certain Karn bro that you have amazing comebacks...what's your best one?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Um idk I have so many lol. Like there was this one time where I was playing teams and it was against a toon link and snake they both had 2 stock low damage I had 1 stock about 70 damage the snake had 175 and toon link had 0 I killed the toon link without being touched then ds'ed the snake out of his mortar slide after that he came back out of the portal and I zero to deathed him at like 40 f-throw db (down finish) f-air then d-air. Then I killed the toon link shortly afterwards.

And then there are some times when I play singles (not anymore) and sd then I have to step it up and try to come back (most times I usually comeback and win) but there have been a lot of times where I've done that.

What about you?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Pretty cool.

Lol, my style doesn't really get me amazing comebacks or anything...I usually go even with people until the very end.

I was wondering cuz Karn told me at Jubilee that your more agressive style gave you much more incentive to watch, and that you had epic comebacks.

I, on the other hand, space much more and punish with DB to the point of utter frustration lol.

You can get kills much better than I can.

That's why this match will be so good: two very different (yet successful) Marths going at it! The contrast always heightens the suspense and massive hype! Plus, Toasty will be there with his hawt nachos for the winner lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh I'm just makin it sound better, but I'm sure gonna ask him to do it now lol.

Well then, I've always wanted to play against them, so I'm thinking you've gotta be pretty close to play similarly to them. Gosh Kadaj, why you gotta be so good?

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Truuu, NC had biiig issues and such (justified in my humble opinion) with Brawl. Massive community split that left nearly all of the originals disgusted, so they left the boards (for the most part). It's nowhere near the fun now as it was back before Brawl....goood times...

Anyways, Brawl is a good game, but I just like Melee much more. Do you play Melee Kadaj? If you haven't, then you may like it. If you have, then play it some more lol.

How's SoVA feeling now that NoVA came and did it's thing? Balls to the wall training now?
Not me though. I stayed true to smash. What you all dont know is I've been secretly training my king ddd's chaing grabbing and I'm going to come and start taking everyones money.

I LOVE BRAWL!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
There are a lot of zero to death combos and great damage racking combo's that aren't posted in the marth boards BUT " a magician never reveals his secrets :devil:" lol
I mean, you ARE an Alliance-approved magician, after all. Good ****. But for real (and I guess I gotta show you the Arrested Development clip some time as evidence), you're at least allowed to share that with fellow Alliance members ^_^

and lmao @ me making nachos for the winner. Food is so expensive now ;____; For you two, I'd gladly do it...so long as you both train me as well (Kadaj, I'll continue to come over every Friday or every other Friday for some training after work since I'll be in Newport News those days. I think I can improve drastically in short periods of time (just ask Cyrain/Ether), and help you fix whatever major holes you may have in your game...and help you polish your 1337 edgeguarding game =D My Robot needs an upgrade. Also...you'll force my MARTH to become amazing..it'll be the only way to survive @_@

I LOVE BRAWL!!!
I LOVE DR. NEO!!!! Mancakes + awesome mountain man = one of the best weekends eva [yaaaa homo son!]

Oh and as far as SoVa/VA power rankings go, I think people have their own lists for SoVa and for MD/VA but nothing official yet...for Brawl, that is. SoVa is SLOWLY being acknowledged by MD/VA and we're gradually making a name for ourselves. As for last weekend, I'm serious when I say most of the top Brawl players in SoVa had been either focusing on Melee and little-to-no Brawl for September, or they just haven't been playing often, or often against good people.

There's one massive Melee fest this weekend that will feature a good number of the original SoVa smashers [who feel the exact same way as the old NC scene, understandably] but after that a lot of us who love Brawl and want to compete will be putting Melee off a bit [as far as intense training for it, goes] and focus on Brawl again to gain back the momentum we had in the summer.

After traveling around MD/VA/NC a tiny bit this summer, I can say that we're pretty good contenders in all of these regions so long as we keep up the pace. top spots in singles are a different story...but we can hold our own.

if only MD/VA were like...3 hours closer to SoVa hahahaha

Oh right! SoVa power rankings! That's tough. What's worse is: I almost always place better in Singles/Teams than my SoVa counterparts when we TRAVEL but I don't do as well in my own region in singles :( The last 2-3 months or so have been ridiculously John-worthy for me, so my singles placings have been steadily declining, but my spirits seem to be back, so I'll just have to deal with the enormous stress of being a paralegal at a BANKRUPTCY law firm in these shltty *** times >_>

I completely just Johned instead of actually talking about SoVa PR...let's try this again.

Oh right! SoVa power rankings!
It's kinda muddy but I'd say top people who place well in tourneys are [in no order, though Kadaj is #1]
Kadaj
MaSHi
BlackG
JWolf*
toasty*
Whodat*

* - over the long-term they deserve those spots, but have been slipping lately and there are other contenders who are rising up:

(again, no order)
SlashTalon [I think he has the potential to be really good, but it's a slow, but steady, rise]
SK [kinda came outta nowhere but he's got a lot of potential to be nasty really quickly]
Famous [kinda in the background for a while but he's smart as hell and will eventually bring the ruckus]
DragonCharlz (.................maybe. It was really just that one tourney where he got 3rd >_>)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Really Dr Neo? If you're serious, that's pretty cool bro. I'm so terrible at picking up internet sacrasm....

Famous-lol yeah, you think we're bad? You should've seen NC back in the day. BARRY BONDS FOR TOP 10 IN NC MUTHA (you get the idea).

Toasty- thanks for the updates bro. Kadaj is #1? Sweet to get called out by your dang best SoVA! Ima step up and show that NC can be a contender as well!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol, we are certainly rivaled in enthusiasm, fo sho.

Yesss, Toasty's actually getting the winner nachos, much better than any prestige that might come with victory lol.

When is another SoVA tourney vs NoVA? I'd like to know how the rematch goes.

Which Billfest are you guys goin to btw? If you don't know now, just lemme know when you decide cuz I need to clear my schedule.

November is truly much too far off.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The one I just got back from lol. The Billfest.

I got first bro. I'm gonna try to get more solid cuz I noticed I had some holes in my game (vids to come) so that our matches can be even better!

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Jesus guys. Practice brawl? I got you!!! MIND GAMES!!! I still hate the game so bad. I was going to break my copy at behr's tourney if someone didnt buy it. I love you guys. Dr. Peepee is too kool and I miss toasty but brawl gives me a negative boner.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Negative boner?? Wtf tooo goodz. Yeah, once you play it enough, it's all about knowledge and opponent playstyle.

I'll play Melee only with you should I ever see you again Neo pimp.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Rhan-next month. 3 Billfests in that month. Be at one of them!! I'm gonna go when you guys go, so the sooner the better for me lol.

PLUR-Man love.

Bladderjuicebro! Too good.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Billfest is just another way to name one of those Chapel Hill bi-weeklies hosted by Karn and NC Billbill.

Pretty much the only NC tournaments right now actually...(Melee and Brawl, only with good Brawl attendance though, and LoZR ****** in Melee lol).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I did. I had him at 2-1 and I think I was an entire stock ahead and he came allllll the way back. Disgusting. He's too good though, but I know for sure that I can do it now. It's always been my goal to beat LoZR in a tournament set, and I bet that I can do it next time!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks bro. You have no idea how hyped I get every time I think about us goin at it!

I, on the other hand, can't train lol. Twitch needs to get his act together so I can get some serious practice in.

November is tooooo far off.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know.

Tell me who you have trouble against player-wise ok? I just wanna know what my Va competition is like lol.

Oh yeah, Chu's pretty good. Watch out for him lol.

Top Bottom