• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my guess for top tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OR, ya know, we could stop posting tier-lists. M2K posting it doesn't make it any less foolish. Stop riding his nuts, please.

D

Deleted member

Eh, it is OK but I can't see Olimar being a top tier. He is a great character and fun to play and all but he is defenseless and somewhat offenseless (not a word but w/e) without the Pikmin and half od his special moves do nothing but pluck Pikmin and get your Pikmin back in order. Frankly, I find the Pikmin Order move pretty useless. Yeah, it'll get back your Pikmin that was separated but, they come back eventually when you don't do the Pikmin Order.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see even more good words for Toon Link. Hell yeah! Falco and Metaknight too. My three guys are turning out to be great! :D

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
They've updated the WiiKey firmware? I'm running 1.9g and it won't boot the SSBB DVD9 ISO but it works fine if I switch.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Eh, it is OK but I can't see Olimar being a top tier. He is a great character and fun to play and all but he is defenseless and somewhat offenseless (not a word but w/e) without the Pikmin and half od his special moves do nothing but pluck Pikmin and get your Pikmin back in order. Frankly, I find the Pikmin Order move pretty useless. Yeah, it'll get back your Pikmin that was separated but, they come back eventually when you don't do the Pikmin Order.
*cough* Super armor! *cough*

BentoBox

Smash Master
You musn't know about the Pikmin's individual properties~

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
OR, ya know, we could stop posting tier-lists. M2K posting it doesn't make it any less foolish. Stop riding his nuts, please.
It does make it less foolish considering that M2K is basically the person most knowledgeable about smash, EVER.

Also, like he said, people ARE interested in his opinion, so he posted his opinion. He didn't even claim that it was a tier list.

Lastly, it is kinda cool to be able to look back several years from now at your predictions =P

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
marth - really good, but gets camped easily, but otherwise super good

toon link - long bair combos, potentially dair OHKO (unlikely to be used), fast grapple, back throw sends at dumb angle, all his moves have good damage, range, and power, and he combos well and can camp super well with all 3 projectiles, and his recovery is amazing.

olimar - chain grab (dunno how escapable it is), super campy, super long shield grab, good range/power/speed combination overall, weakness is recovery (just edge hog him)

pit - super campy, strong bair kills around 100% or very low 100s usually, good overall at damage/speed and has good priority too.

Falco - too harddddd to edge guarddddddddd, and he seems very solid overall, he can camp decently without being camped back, decent power, great recovery, seems good so far.

other really good characters include, GW, Zelda, Diddy, and Metaknight.

I didn't put these in any order

i could be way off, but this is my guess for what top tiers might evolve into

this thread isn't important, i just wanna see how accurate i am in a year from now

also i main marth and DeDeDe so far, I like them the most.

Olimar is extremely broken in like everything cept that his recovery is garbage and easily gets edge hogged, otherwise he's super good when he's not gimped off the stage.

Also guys, Ike is good, if you think otherwise you need to play Azen online. I'm not telling his FC cuz I don't think he wants to give it out, but if you can find another way to play him online and get destroyed then please try it.

No FOX?!?!?! Fox is always Top Tier!!! This is BLASPHEMY!!!!
Oh and you forgot Wolf. That guy is f***ing beast.
Come on M2K get with it.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman

toon link - long bair combos, potentially dair OHKO (unlikely to be used), fast grapple, back throw sends at dumb angle, all his moves have good damage, range, and power, and he combos well and can camp super well with all 3 projectiles, and his recovery is amazing.

olimar - chain grab (dunno how escapable it is), super campy, super long shield grab, good range/power/speed combination overall, weakness is recovery (just edge hog him)

pit - super campy, strong bair kills around 100% or very low 100s usually, good overall at damage/speed and has good priority too.

Falco - too harddddd to edge guarddddddddd, and he seems very solid overall, he can camp decently without being camped back, decent power, great recovery, seems good so far.

this thread isn't important, i just wanna see how accurate i am in a year from now

Olimar is extremely broken in like everything cept that his recovery is garbage and easily gets edge hogged, otherwise he's super good when he's not gimped off the stage.

Also guys, Ike is good, if you think otherwise you need to play Azen online. I'm not telling his FC cuz I don't think he wants to give it out, but if you can find another way to play him online and get destroyed then please try it.

Come on M2K get with it.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman

Come on M2K get with it.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
I think I speak for the entire Mr. Game & Watch subforum when I say "please keep that QUIET!".

Seriously, we're going to get a ton of bandwagoners and just general BS like the melee top-tier forums did. :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The people saying that there is alot more balance in the game, so there won't be any low or bottom tiers are wrong. Sure they will be very close, and those who said that have the right idea.... BUT! it is very hard to have characters perfectly equal, so all of those good characters that are just slightly worse than the better ones will be drafted into the bottom and low tier.

Also with that said the bottom and low tiers won't be as meaningful since they are slightly more blanced(so far). Oh and this is an opinion, not a fact, and yes brawl has not been out for very long, and it is quite possible that the tier list will even be more drastic in quality of characters then melee was.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
I think I speak for the entire Mr. Game & Watch subforum when I say "please keep that QUIET!".

Seriously, we're going to get a ton of bandwagoners and just general BS like the melee top-tier forums did. :(
If he doesn't say it, somebody else down the road probably will. Also, even if nobody says it, people will notice when they try out G&W. There will be "band wagoners" regardless of how hard you try to stop it.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Your character mentions make me happy, as all those characters are characters that I want to choose between for my main (And maybe Snake and Sonic too for novelty purposes).

Zink

Smash Champion
wow marf is the new shiek. how lame.
I wanna know who's bad. like I've heard that CF, Dorf, ICs, etc are worse. true?

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
The game is too balanced for us to need a tier list. If anything, a pseudo tier list will just influence not to play who they really want to. Only charcter I haven't been following was Yoshi, but everyone else seems pretty balanced. You may have a few better than the others and a few worse, but the majority of them will be able to win.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser should be Mid or high tier with his improvements, which include his moves having greater range, less lag, faster to perform, New move that can function as an Improved Kirbycide, and Bowser is slightly faster. The only thing that Bowser lost from melee is KO power a bit. Overall, he improved a lot.

Zelda on her own has improved, especially her Din's fire.

I think Pikachu will be mid tier, since his moves are the same, but his Thunder is still dangerous.

Fox, of course has been weakened, but probably still be in the mid-high tier section due to his speed.

Sheik, like Fox, has been weakened, but might be below Fox for the lack of quick KOs.

That's all I know for now.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
i think wolf has a chance to be top tier, looking at toon link he seems very good so he shud be top tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom