• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Formula used to be 11, 3, 1. Eventually they replaced a common with a basic land. Not sure about color distribution. I haven't played MtG in like 6 years.

Edit: I just realized you're probably talking about sealed decks aren't you? Yeah, I forget those. Maybe 3-4 rares, 11 uncommon, 15 land, and ~30 common.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
It's true that I can't put together the packs without looking at all of the individual cards. But there are so many variables in drafting (who gets what pack in what order and where they sit) that I consider knowing a bomb rare is out there (but not knowing who has it) negligible.

As for online tonight, the thing is that I won a draft on MTGO last night which got me 8 packs, which is enough for at least two more drafts, assuming I win nothing from either of those drafts. And I really like MTGO's interface and the fact that I'm at least drafting with 8 real people. And the actual play portion of MTGO is great, too (automatic rules enforcement). Whereas if I draft on CCGdecks I would have to play on, like, MWS. Which is one of my least favorite programs. Though I understand MTGO costs money and not everyone can afford it (If I didn't work for wizards I wouldn't play MTGO often).

And get someone nearby to take you!
I might join you on MTGO drafting if I can accumulate some fundage. I have really nothing else to spend my money on, other than Green Greens.

EDIT: MWS is not that bad. It's not good, it's buggy as hell, laggy, and most people on it suck really terribly, but it's not that bad.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Formula used to be 11, 3, 1. Eventually they replaced a common with a basic land. Not sure about color distribution. I haven't played MtG in like 6 years.
Thankfully MTG changed their print runs so it's far less predictable to see what colors will appear in what order. Came about probably directly as a result of this guy.

And you were right, draft not sealed.
I might join you on MTGO drafting if I can accumulate some fundage. I have really nothing else to spend my money on, other than Green Greens.
Bad counterpick IMO. :bee:
Ledger_Damayn said:
EDIT: MWS is not that bad. It's not good, it's buggy as hell, laggy, and most people on it suck really terribly, but it's not that bad.
I like your pros to balance out your cons. The only reason I would play MWS is that it doesn't cost money. And that's its ONLY pro and it's a big one.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Bad counterpick IMO.
Nahh, mikeHAZE counterpicked that **** as DDD vs. Ook and lost. It's legit :D

I like your pros to balance out your cons. The only reason I would play MWS is that it doesn't cost money. And that's its ONLY pro and it's a big one.
Hmm... yeah, that's about it's only pro. You can sidestep some of the cons if you only play with people you know, so the disconnect and bad players problem doesn't rear it's ugly head as often.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
The standard with Bloodbraid Elves and Vengevines? Probably quite expensive. Jace is going to go nowhere but up though.

But basically you buy in and then play in dailies, which give you I think it's 6 packs for a 3-1 record, which is 24 tix. 4-0 gives you 11 packs or 33 tix. And it's a 4 tix entry fee. And it's Swiss, so if you have a good record you play in about eight dailies (and they happen multiple times a day, and this number is less if you go 4-0) and recoup all the money you spent. Which I did when I bought my bad standard deck (when Great Sable Stags were more than 0.50) and played in Standard tournaments.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
A lot of scrubs play in dailies actually. I was able to recoup my deck's cost and I was playing Hedron Crab combo (hint: not a top tier deck).

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I mean, building Jund isn't expensive. I might do that to work my way up to a deck I'd actually enjoy playing.

UWr Planeswalkers looks too fun to play. Just not $1000+ worth of fun, lol.

EDIT: I'm just being lazy, but you know more about the MTGO economy than I do. How much would estimate Jund to be? I'll do it if it's in the $200 range.

null55

Smash Master
just stop.

seriously.

dont buy it.

leave it alone.

go play smash with someone.

or something.

anything.

trust me.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Actually, that's probably a good stopping point. I know there isn't much to discuss about Foxy's series right now, but we should put this thread back on-topic >_>.

Foxy

Smash Master
Actually, that's probably a good stopping point. I know there isn't much to discuss about Foxy's series right now, but we should put this thread back on-topic >_>.
Working on it... just trying to confirm the venue, probably going to do that tomorrow afternoon. Then I can update everything.

*CT*

Smash Lord
woah its ct

i totally thought you quit
I so did after Pound 4, but since I miss you guys and I'm actually back home for a bit. I think I'll start playing again, although I'm lame like a lot of people and dont have a wii, besides the one in my pants.

null55

Smash Master
lol damm the NC Brawl community is full of such f@gs.

especially Keith.

Top Bottom