• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners (Abq, NM December 12th)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Haha brawl bashing. Good stuff. Thats great to hear tho. See you guys there for sure =]

Yo GG's 7. Lemme know if you are for sure gonna come. I'll house you and the other AZ smashers for Friday and Saturday night. Just you guys gotta go by sunday morning most likely.

Jane

Smash Hero
maaan i wanna stay with the twins and have a two day non stop smashapalooza! and magic and wet dreams! oh boy!

...now if only i find a way to get to alby-Q D:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
kool kool....
i just have a few questions...
wat are the rules for the MELEE tournament???
Are you doing two out of three matches???
With counterpick stages???

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Standard rules.

2/3, 4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit.

Neutrals - FD, FoD, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland

Counterpicks - Neutrals plus Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokefloats, DK64.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Standard rules.

2/3, 4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit.

Neutrals - FD, FoD, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland

Counterpicks - Neutrals plus Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokefloats, DK64.
Just what i expected... ^-^
thanx 4 the info

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
We can probably house past then. But I may have a final that Monday which would mean less hanging out for me past Saturday more studying. But if not then game on :D

We live in an apartment though mind you so depending on how many come it may be easier just to crash at Neils and we'll go join you down there :D

However as long as no theft occurs you can stay at our place as long as needed until you are ready to head home. I trust you guys tho :D

Oh and Neil I said I plan on getting first or second in melee depending on turnout. Someone has to get your *** riled up :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I have 3 finals on Monday so Sunday will be set aside for pure studying!!! But all saturday is open game lol.

And yes it will be non stop hanging out and magic tricks friday and saturday night lol.

I'm too lazy to google map this place. Can someone tell me roughly where it is. I eard its on the westside near us but I also thought I read its somewhere else

tekkie

Smash Master
we need to make this a side tournament tournament and make side tournaments for bomberman and muscle march

also maybe i should talk to out of staters about getting to abq lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
No. Just no on tactical pausing. I will not play with bull**** like that. It's not even worth joking about.

Also, side smash64 tourney would be amazing winsauce.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
@Walker
Now I might be a little biased fanboy when it comes to tactical pausing, but I would advocate for it. Besides, the point of side tourneys is to escape the reality and serious business of hardcore singles and doubles tournaments with hundreds of dollars on the line :dizzy:

That's why we're willing to exchange the "bull****" loss of $1 for the mind-numbing lulz that ensue with tactical pausing, banned stages, items, low tier, hell even stamina mode or friendly fire off...

I'm down for a 64 tourney as well. Although I might even practice for it, and that means I'll need somebody to hack my wii within the next few days ;)

@Bryce
Yeah, we'll definitely need to change the rules on it (most likely settled by popular vote). I'd even go so far as to suggest each player gets x pauses allowed in a game, where x is the amount of stocks. I wouldn't even consider a doubles tourney with tactical pausing allowed (in either game), since personally it's already hectic enough.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
You're all jews
you're = chris, aka darklink

lol, he maybe jewish, but hes good at brawl XD

for arizona....

wait.... can we say that now? i mean, how much does az have to improve to be considered "good" by other states standards...

rob beat atomsk, thats gotta mean something.... right?

Yea I've been wondering that for a really long time actually
Everyone still talks about our little 4 corner region like we're downright horrible, yet I know we can compete with some big states like Washington

In doubles Arizona *****
Wobbles and I took games off [Ally (Best snake ever) and Sean] and [DSF (one in norcal) and Dao (number 6 in socal)], and we beat really good teams like [Richbrown and Typh (number 8ish and 9ish in Socal)] and other teams that included bigfoot and others at ActiveGamers.
and Wobbles and Jard won the regional beating New Mexico's/El Paso's/ and Utah's Best Teams :p
Justin and Wobbles have amazing chemistry placing 3rd at the arizona regional where m2k, sk92, dsf, z, and other big names came!

Light placed high in genesis beating amazing people like excel zero, sethlon, meep, etc, he beat Z in tournament before..
Wobbles and I have beaten some good people too like atomsk, rockan, bardull, etc..

Dekar always does good out of state! Sorry I dont know many of your accomplishments =(

X took seventh at last weekends socal tournaments almost beating Havok, beating some big names like bigfoot and i forget who else
He also 2-0'd DSF in a money match
and he's beaten most of Vegas in tournaments!

I mean even if only our respective states best players can compete at Brawl, it still has to mean something right? Since many states only have a few good players.
WHY DOES EVERY OTHER REGION THINK WE"RE COMPLETE TRASH!
We've improved so much since last year

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Compete with big states like washington?
You mean **** them so hard that they go back crying and quit smash all together and pick up halo?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hmm this might be a nice place to start for ooS tourney exp. If I can come I will bring my Wii too (Brawl ex. No tripping, infinite replay, and texture hacks.) It would be awesome to play people from New Mexico

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Y is for yes, no?

Casey take me off the Brawl count.

<3 COLORADO. PLEASE COME DOWN HERE
ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I LIKE TO HOUSE YOU
Remember how it went down last tourney ;)
I'm already housing Arizona, so we could seriously have a three-state sexy party!!
We're just missing Utah >_<

Oh well. Not like anybody cares about the Easy-Bake Oven state anyway.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@Walker
Now I might be a little biased fanboy when it comes to tactical pausing, but I would advocate for it. Besides, the point of side tourneys is to escape the reality and serious business of hardcore singles and doubles tournaments with hundreds of dollars on the line :dizzy:

That's why we're willing to exchange the "bull****" loss of $1 for the mind-numbing lulz that ensue with tactical pausing, banned stages, items, low tier, hell even stamina mode or friendly fire off...

I'm down for a 64 tourney as well. Although I might even practice for it, and that means I'll need somebody to hack my wii within the next few days ;)
as a side turne? Brawl is slow enough. Also......

lol @ the ice climber main hating tactical pausing
Someone gets it. I'm pretty sure that randomly main my main low tier is pretty gay. If people can prove to me that it makes 2 characters viable, then maybe, but without making more characters viable than characters it obsoletes, it's just bull****. Besides, brawl is slow enough withought pausing. Can you actually imagine a camping war with pauses?

Bees!

Smash Ace
bring the rest of colorado!
I am trying to come. I believe Dave is coming for sure. Maybe DTL as well. If I can come I will have to face as many people as I can in friendlies and in the tourney(provided I make it very far lol.)
EDIT: Meno might be coming as well.
I will be in attendance at this tournament.

Is this hype (Y/Y)?
Answer now to win a free Toshiba flat screen monitor!
Yes it does get me hyped actually. I don't know if you remember me GoldenGlove. But when I first starting out in competitive smash you stomped me at Road to Cutthroat(back in May I believe) in the Springs. I have been working on improving since then so I hope to face you again and see how I do.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Answer now to win a free Toshiba flat screen monitor!
Yes it does get me hyped actually. I don't know if you remember me GoldenGlove. But when I first starting out in competitive smash you stomped me at Road to Cutthroat(back in May I believe) in the Springs. I have been working on improving since then so I hope to face you again and see how I do.
We'll have to play some friendlies. You'll have to enter Melee or BlazBlue for your chance at revenge though. Don't think I'll be entering Brawl.

Bees!

Smash Ace
We'll have to play some friendlies. You'll have to enter Melee or BlazBlue for your chance at revenge though. Don't think I'll be entering Brawl.
Revenge? Naw I am not a vengeful guy. Me facing you is more for a measurement of personal growth. I am no good at Melee or BlazBlue. Someday I may pick up BlazBlue. But yes it would be great to get some friendlies in with your DK.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yea I've been wondering that for a really long time actually
Everyone still talks about our little 4 corner region like we're downright horrible, yet I know we can compete with some big states like Washington

In doubles Arizona *****
Wobbles and I took games off [Ally (Best snake ever) and Sean] and [DSF (one in norcal) and Dao (number 6 in socal)], and we beat really good teams like [Richbrown and Typh (number 8ish and 9ish in Socal)] and other teams that included bigfoot and others at ActiveGamers.
and Wobbles and Jard won the regional beating New Mexico's/El Paso's/ and Utah's Best Teams :p
Justin and Wobbles have amazing chemistry placing 3rd at the arizona regional where m2k, sk92, dsf, z, and other big names came!

Light placed high in genesis beating amazing people like excel zero, sethlon, meep, etc, he beat Z in tournament before..
Wobbles and I have beaten some good people too like atomsk, rockan, bardull, etc..

Dekar always does good out of state! Sorry I dont know many of your accomplishments =(

X took seventh at last weekends socal tournaments almost beating Havok, beating some big names like bigfoot and i forget who else
He also 2-0'd DSF in a money match
and he's beaten most of Vegas in tournaments!

I mean even if only our respective states best players can compete at Brawl, it still has to mean something right? Since many states only have a few good players.
WHY DOES EVERY OTHER REGION THINK WE"RE COMPLETE TRASH!
We've improved so much since last year

I am loving this post. Don'f forget that Goyf also placed decent at Genesis even tying with some respected and even some insulted players (cough Inui cough)

I can't wait for everyone to get here. But some of AZ best be crashing at our place lol. For the sake of room if nothing else!

And I requested Sunday off work for studying. So you guys can stay at our place till noon ish if anything. Maybe even later lol. Or I an go to Neils for the awesomeness!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Revenge? Naw I am not a vengeful guy. Me facing you is more for a measurement of personal growth. I am no good at Melee or BlazBlue. Someday I may pick up BlazBlue. But yes it would be great to get some friendlies in with your DK.
Sounds good.

goldenglove do you main dk in melee? :D
While that would be incredibly awesome, I do not.

Top Bottom