• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners (Abq, NM December 12th)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
two whole pauses! THE HORROR!!
Opponent gets two whole free mistakes? Yes, ****ing terrible. It literally ruins the ICs game. If you get more than 2 grabs in a game, your opponent deserves to get 3 stocked for sucking so much.

I can't wait to see the look on Walker's face next time we play friendlies and I pause it on him...
It actually happens a lot when people mash their controllers too much lol.

I am loving this post. Don'f forget that Goyf also placed decent at Genesis even tying with some respected and even some insulted players (cough Inui cough)
**** JV 2 stocking DSF and then losing the set.......

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
lol @ this whole tactical pausing discussion.
I brought it up for melee anyway. I'm not even entering in any brawl tourneys. Though I'll probably moneymatch you ghetto brawl players ;)
nom nom nom that hype is DELICIOUS

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Oh, I forgot about this. I can bring a PS3, Gamecube, and TV.

And Melee and Blazblue and Brawl and whatever other games are needed.

tw1n

Smash Champion
i will money match anyone at this tournament in melee (who is not also from AZ of course)
Hmm.... Arm wrestling MM? Grappling MM? Magic trick MM <.< >.> <.<
Sorry but I will only MM in those =]

So do we know exactly what room the event is taking place in?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Alright so-

MMs? :)

Me v Darklink
Me v who else?

Doubles MMs? :D:D:D

OoS crews will be $5 per head, and we'll be organizing that at the venue :O

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I figured out what I'm gonna be doing for this tournament. Brawl doubles and Melee singles. Money's a little tight, so I can't do as much as I wanted to. Considering this, it should come up to $15, provided I can find me a doubles partner. *hint hint*

I do have to pay the venue fee even if I'm not going to Pound 4, right?

The fact that OoS has to pay a venue fee just to PERSONALLY benefit you guys is so wrong

Venue fees should only pay for things THAT BENEFIT THE VENUE, like food or drinks, or the actual venue itself

tekkie

Smash Master
The fact that OoS has to pay a venue fee just to PERSONALLY benefit you guys is so wrong

Venue fees should only pay for things THAT BENEFIT THE VENUE, like food or drinks, or the actual venue itself
think of it as a fundraiser, or a "funraiser" if you prefer.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I like the idea that it goes to help out players going to Pound 4. And anybody rooming with us down there gets the added benefit of this going to help them as well. Besides I'm sure some of it is goign to help out Overgames Aunt for opportunity costs acquired form letting us use the space provided versus' another option.

And I think $5 isn't that bad of an amount to spend to be given the cance to prove that you are better than Goyf, or Dekar, or NM in general (you won't beat Banjo though. That kid will make M2K cry). If you're scared then it's understandable. And for those of you who are "great" players, you cn always win it back by MMing scrubs amirite?

And hey Dlink, if you don't have the 5 dollars then you can just skip the grappling MM with me :p

no johns OoS :D

:link:

Even if i win it back in moneymatches
I'm still short 5$
Its just unethical to charge a venue fee to go towards that

After this post I won't complain anymore but its still wrong
<3 Goyf

EDIT: i'm not going to pound 4 but if by some miracle I do, I'm sneaking into your rooms and sleeping there for this

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to train a lot in two weeks so Twin_A's trash talking will seem legit.
I'm gonna get even better in the next two weeks, so be sure to bring tissues.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
(not angry post, just clarification heads up)
Oh and on topic of the unethicality of the fundraiser.

Just to help clarify:
It was never said to be going to be used as anything other than Pound 4 help. Unethical would have been if we told you there was a venue fee to go towards the venue and instead pocketed the money for personal use. Instead we made it clear early on as to where it was going.

Sorry just had to say that because I had to take a semester long class over business ethics for my major >.< haha

<3 DL

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Even if i win it back in moneymatches
I'm still short 5$
Its just unethical to charge a venue fee to go towards that

After this post I won't complain anymore but its still wrong
<3 Goyf

EDIT: i'm not going to pound 4 but if by some miracle I do, I'm sneaking into your rooms and sleeping there for this
Just be happy you aren't paying a 15$ ****ing venue fee. That is expensive as ****. colorado...

jt!!!

Smash Rookie
Be informed i will bring one TV (crt) and one wii with brawl.
Also, if not made clear by above statement i will be attending this tourney. for brawl and brawl doubles

tw1n

Smash Champion
Or there's an IHOP right down the street =]

Yo Paul. Are we teaming at this?

Oh ya and one plain and simple thing.
EVERYONE!!! is paying a venue fee. Unless you bring the set ups for a discount! I am going to pound and I am paying venue here. So tough it out anyone who is freaking *****ing like a little school girl. $5 is not that much. As said prior at least its not $10 or $15! When they came up with $5 they were being generous.

<3 Dekar for running with my idea to host a tournament in Dec. =]

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's paying for a hotel room for an already expensive trip (Pound 4,) and paying for drinks for THIS tourney.

This also goes towards messes that will inevitably be made. I've cleaned up after every tourney I've ever hosted, and I will probably continue to be forced to do so, so get over it. The tourney in AZ had a venue fee, and tourneys in CO have dickload venue fees. I'm not pocketing the money, or anything of the sort, it's helping to pay for a hotel room (and from the assumed 50 person turnout, it still won't cover all the nights we'll be staying in Maryland) so stop complaining about something that isn't even that big a deal.

OP updated with pics of venue.

Venue fees are charged because they actually pay for the venue

Its not people's obligation to pay for your crap, Its like me charging a venue fee for my tournament saturday to pay for gas to get to your tournament
But since it pays for drinks I don't mind, I'm just speaking for the people who do care cause its an extra $5 to just giveaway

Also, brawl doubles should be $20 a team, isn't is usually the singles entree fee for both people, like you're doing for melee?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Most of the money IS going toward the venue. The manager of the complex isn't letting us use it for free... :ohwell:
Not my venue so I was unaware, oh well. There'll still be drinks :)

As for entry for doubles-

I'd like a vote, I'm fine with $20/team but I don't know about everyone else. What's the consensus? Vote!

$10/team for doubles, or $20/team for doubles?

Decide!

Overgames, if its really for the venue and drinks then thats perfectly fine. Thanks for clarifying that (or you could be lying too haha)
and Dekar I never said $20 lol, we could finish our FIVE dollar moneymatch we started in Arizona

Arizona votes 20$ a team :p, I asked Justin too

Twin_A

Smash Champion
They have a gym and a racquetball court? Nice! I'd laugh so hard if we used the racquetball court fior smash. the echoes would kill lol.

And now we know that it's going to the venue. But otherwise you could consider it like a lemonade stand (I wont say bake sale because we are better than Utah people :p). You come, enjoy yourselves, hang out with great people, 5 seems a little cheap to me.

Look at it this way, to go hang out with friends and lets say go see a movie, you would have to pay for your ticket ($8), grab somethuing to eat before or after (~10 - 15), soda and popcorn (7), you'd have to spot someone because everyone has that one friend that has to bum off of others (double your costs now), and later possibly go grab some adult beverages (pricey). So in my opinion $5 seems like a pretty cheap price to pay to have a good time with friends :D

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Money's tight around here, so I would like $10 per team. I guess it wouldn't be too much if I paid an extra $5 though.

Top Bottom