• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New *neo* FALCON STAGE DISCUSSION (C-c-c-castle Siege)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I don't like Lylat personally, but I think it hurts other characters far more than it hurts Falcon. Falcon Dive is pretty reliable in grabbing onto the strange ledges there, far more than moves like Dolphin Slash or Super Jump Punch. Platforms are good for Falcon, and mock waveland can be useful sometimes. In my opinion, it's his second best stage after Battlefield, but I'm not sure who would be good to take here. Marth?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Ahh lylat....Id never really like to play on this stage for falcon, in fact, I personally think its about an even stage for him....considering the how the floors tuned out, its ledges, and it's tilting.....

Lotta things could go wrong....
In my opinion, If playing on lylat, it's best to centralize on a platform game

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I take all of my opponent's here for counter pick, if I'm using Falcon. The platforms are low, so at lower percentages, it's easier to combo, if they end up landing on a platform, and not teching out, and even if they do, it's very easy to tech chase, and follow up with any aerial attack.

The ledges do Falcon no harm, at all, since his Dive has a weird way of bringing him back to grab it, if he's gone too far under it.

Characters I'd take here are: Luigi, Marth, Ike, Ganondor, DDD, and possibly MK (I need to play a good MK player in order to find out if it's a good counter pick, but a good MK knows how to recover, from any situation.)

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I like Lylat cruise because of the short platforms and the moving stage which can hinder campers. The stage itself is pretty thin and so if you get under it, you're screwed

Player-3

Smash Hero
aAaAah

nononono
do not take mk here

the lower platforms let his puny sword reach through them and **** you

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
aAaAah

nononono
do not take mk here

the lower platforms let his puny sword reach through them and **** you
I wasn't speaking on the three platforms, I was speaking more on the edge, wher if you grab it in time, can screw a recovery like MK's over. It's not a bad stage, since the blast zone on the sides, allow for kills at lower percentages with proper usage of Utilt (spacing is a must), and his Fsmash.

Player-3

Smash Hero
actually, you CANNOT screw a recovery like mks over

there is no way
5 jumps and 3 different recovery options?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
But how many MKs do you know that actually use the other two? It's either the people I fight, or watch, but no MK user that I look at, uses the other two options like they should be used. On top of everything, it's all about timing and mindgaming.

MK's recovery options on this particular stage are numbered like this, IMO, especially since I used to main him:

1st:Drill Rush
2nd:Shuttle Loop
3rd:Dimensional Cape

You may disagree, but MK will use Drill Rush to recover more than Shuttle Loop, depending on how far you knock him away, or how far down under the stage edge he is, because Drill Rush is known to heal aids in those situations.

Player-3

Smash Hero
But how many MKs do you know that actually use the other two? It's either the people I fight, or watch, but no MK user that I look at, uses the other two options like they should be used. On top of everything, it's all about timing and mindgaming.

MK's recovery options on this particular stage are numbered like this, IMO, especially since I used to main him:

1st:Drill Rush
2nd:Shuttle Loop
3rd:Dimensional Cape

You may disagree, but MK will use Drill Rush to recover more than Shuttle Loop, depending on how far you knock him away, or how far down under the stage edge he is, because Drill Rush is known to heal aids in those situations.
i know like 5 mks that use those all.

and i disagree, ALOT

Player-3

Smash Hero
some mks use jumps to recover

some mks use glide to recover

some mks say **** you and uthrow you while the side of the ship tips up and and then falls down and stage spikes you

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
I liek Lylat. Mock waveland goodness, easy air coverage for falcon too. The only thing I hate about this stage is how distracting the background gets.
I've died SO MANY TIMES looking at the BACKGROUND!

OH LAWDS!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol, indeed. The background is the true test of focus. I suppose picking that stage would be another great reason to help your chances of winning.

Personally, this is the stage to bring your Captain Falcon to, if Battlefield has been banned. He can cover the stage pretty well with his speed, and it's roomy enough to allow the opponent to approach you, if you begin to get predictable on your approaches. Like everything, there's pros and cons.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
The background is very cool looking, but it is not as cool as landing a knee on your opponent, so I watch the fight.

Anyway, I don't think this stage is amazing for Falcon, but it certainly has some aspects of it that help him. The tilting doesn't **** over Falcon as much as others, I believe I've mentioned. Some characters it can **** over though: Bowser, Ganon, Ike, PT, Peach, Mario, Link (he'll probably tether), Marth, ZELDA, Snake, Wolf, Olimar (methinks).

I might be wrong on some of these and maybe I've left some out. The point is, look for who you screw on recovery. Don't take everyone here. Leave Battlefield for that. The three platforms are nice for Falcon, but they're nicer for other people. Taller people. DK, Bowser, Ike, Snake, Wolf does nicely here. Still, they're good for tech chasing. The tilting can also mess up various projectiles, (I'm thinking the Earthbound kids PK fire stuff,) so that's always good.

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
Don't pick this stage if your opponent is one of the StarAnimals. They will get their special taunt, which is only countered by a timely down taunt.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
CGer's suck here but it can help against spammers. I personally like to take a few characters there like TL and Wario. The stage changes all the time and it can help Cf by providing opportunity's and some good mindgames. I say pick it with the small chaos of the stage it can benefit Falcon alot and help his cause.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
This is a whatever stage for me. I think its fun to take really fat chars on here.

Mind games can work here. The frequent changes and the destructible environment can be awesome.

I'm pretty scared of Metaknight here. This is sort of like a neo-Rainbow cruise.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
During the transitions 2=>3 and 3=>1 you can take advantage of falcon's aerial speed (like the fifth best in the game ort something) by making your opponent go (willingly or not) far on one of the sides, then when the transition ends get to the ledge before him.

Of course don't do this on characters that are not disadvantaged by this setup (like ROB or MK, or even jiggs).

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
In my experience Castle siege is good aganist campers specially the first and second places,but the third is just a mini FD so cgs(falco) can get the edge there... i will edit when i have more info

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I really do like picking this stage for Falcon. While I don't think any of the three forms benefit him terribly, they all help in interesting little ways.
In the beginning section, on top of the ol castle we can uair a lot. You'd be surprised how many times your opponent gets on the upper platforms. Falcon is not easily stage here, and that is a plus as well. Look to play people that can easily get stage gimped. Utilt also works wonders. I've been using it more and more these days. It's my bread and butter.

The second section is also uair central. Use the statues to extend the hitbox on your smashes like down and forward. Hide behind them when projectiles get to be to bad. If people are up on the flags, hit them with uair or better yet bair. It will kill.

The third part. This weird rock floating over some lava. Yeah, it works like Lylat but no platforms. Falcon can get back on stage easily. Go for crazy kills. Chase those Olimars and Ivysaurs off. Hell, I'll even chase a ROB off the edge, but that's because I'm crazy!

Top Bottom