• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Negative Shiny. His V crown, hands, and feet are red. But I think I can submit some new colorings if you guys want..
Edit: Ok, sry they are red, sort of lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Good ol' red, white, and blue Victini.

AMERICA.

I hope they would go with other notable flag colors for its palette swaps. I don't think they would get that creative, though. Maybe a red and yellow Spain/McDonald's Victini.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@asage
Pika and Mewtwo for sure had shiny colors. Just because some were hue changes, you can't deny that they were shiny :)

@Oasis
America! FU** YEA
Red, White, Blue and Yellow (Pika?) would be so awesome fo da Philippines

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie's verdict?

Return to Dream Land >>>>>>>>>>> Epic Yarn

It's freaking awesome. Whoever made it actually gave it a slight SSB feel with the new powers. Each power isn't a single attack, they're directional/aerial/running attacks.

Pretty much it's worth buying.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I never said Pika's was red just shiny :O The darker colors do compliment the red hat, which is why I think it was used on that alt.
Mewtwo's tail wasn't that dark in Melee, but it was still there.

Too lazy to look for Squirtle's and Ivysaur's, but I'm pretty damn sure Squirtle's green shell was in Brawl

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Shortie's verdict?

It's freaking awesome. Whoever made it actually gave it a slight SSB feel with the new powers. Each power isn't a single attack, they're directional/aerial/running attacks.

Well alright. I'll definitly take a look at it when I get the chance. Thanks for the recomendation ;)

Too bad my Wii's broken. :( :(

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Shortie's verdict?

Good to hear. I'm going to get it eventually as it looks really good. Looks kind of short too, which sucks.

yani_

Smash Ace
The whole concept of the NSMB things in KRTDL seems really fun, I wonder if Sega will ever do something like that with sonic.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't want to spoil anything but Magolor is just as cool/slightly cooler than Prince Fluff. Umm I think it's going to be short as well, but it does have some extras like challangng levels you can unlock and some other unlockable stuff.

Pretty much it's a sequel to Kirby 64. One of my favorite Kirby games. I have yet to play as DDD/Meta/Bandana Dee yet, which sucks.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I find it silly that HyperFalcon skipped over Andy in his tirade.

In fact, I'd like to bring that topic in now. How much does Andy's moveset potential hurt his chances of getting in?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

In fact, I'd like to bring that topic in now. How much does Andy's moveset potential hurt his chances of getting in?
I think the fact that no one asks for him anymore, or talks about AW is a bigger problem. I mean, he's bottom of the smaller franchise totom pole. Moveset potential? I can see him playing the leader role, like Olimar.

Easy? Yeah, it's a Kirby game.. but there are challenge levels. I haven't tried them, but they're probably more challenging than regular play.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah the Kirby games are pretty easy. The only real hard one would be Super Star Ultra after you beat all the original games and have to do the new ones.

Dedede should get his Masked Dedede as his new FS. Agree/Disagree?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Kirby's adventure was pretty hard (then again, i was 10 and my gaming skittles were in the pooper but still. took forever to beat Nightmare)

speaking of nightmare... could he be a boss for smash?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Because I don't see a problem whatsoever with Andy. A character not asking to be a clone already is in good graces. I didn't ask for one, because I've seen them before.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I love how all of you completely ignore Zap Tackle's long yet decent post from a couple of pages ago...

Anyways, Zap, although I wouldn't mind Paper Mario or even Doc as playable characters, I do agree that we don't really "need" another Mario. It's a little different than having more than one Link, IMO, since there's more than one incarnation of him.

Though I do think he has a decent shot of getting in...

:phone:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
andy can play like ratchet for all of his physical moves.
I'm a bit lost for what you mean by that, since I recall Ratchet has a more space-technology level wrench, and Andy has a pretty...normal one in comparison.

In fact, I'd like to see a link to a decent Andy moveset, if anyone has one. Just to see if someone's made a good one already.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
There were plenty of mentions specifically for Ridley/Goroh/Black Shadow, just that there were even more that said "where all the Metroid and F-Zero characters at?"

Coincidentally, I recall a JP Smash wiki that had a series of polls for all sorts of Favorite ____ bits, lots of landslides for F-Zero stuff. Made my day that day.

I looked at dozens of sites. 2ch (the "one") gets more attention on account of it being the largest JP forum, yes.

Oh yeah, Toise Tokens for your avatar.
Obviously I heard this information wrong. Thanks for clearing that up and thanks for the Toise Tokens.

Maybe someday I'll have enough for the Toise Shop...

3rd gen is forgettable? Get out.
Agreed.

Shortie's verdict?

I've seen reviews of it too and they all say it's an improvement (at least difficulty-wise if not anything more) over Epic Yarn. I have Skyrim and Skyward Sword earmarked for this year, but I'm considering Kirby too.

As Shortie put it, his plain unpopularity kills much of his chances. Although his franchise is bigger than many other modern franchises we consider, he just has no popularity. Plus, Nintendo Wars hasn't had a new game since 2008.

In terms of a moveset, I see him working like Pokemon Trainer where he works in the background. Instead of switching between soldiers like Pokemon though, he summons soldiers with his B attack - which he makes attack with the A buttons - and then uses the rest of the B attacks for various military arsenal attacks such as airplane bombings or summoning a tank.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How can there be a SSB3DS model if Kid Icarus: Uprising is not even finished yet, or even close to it? Seriously, do I need to go find the translated Twitter post where Sakurai stated he would not begin development on Smash Bros 4 until his current project is complete? Considering Uprising has been delayed into 2012, so has pre-development for Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

I am curious how this has not spread elsewhere when the whole "Universe" paper managed to catch like wildfire.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Based on the graphical style and all the above reasons^^ it's fake. If at all real it would be Mario's model from 3D Land.

Thankfully it hasn't spread yet. Since I'm pretty sure we all don't want another headache inducing "leak" to deal with.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't want it to spread, but given the tendencies within the community I am surprised it has not.

So what all have I missed? I have kind of been loosely following this thread since I have been busy with classes and work.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not much. The only real things that have happened over the past few days were:

Looking back at the old thread.
Me and Johnknight taking a look back the Melee dojo for some information.
A Mario rep war. :facepalm:
More Pokemon Generation discussion. :rolleyes:
How to make Link and Zelda better.
Which Newcomer could work as a defensive/spacing character.
Return to Dreamland hype.
Ect.

EDIT: Goroh Hype. :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That picture also has HAL Labs on it. I don't think they'll have much at all to do with Smash this time. If I recall correctly, their work with Brawl was pretty minimal, wasn't it?

@Tryphen: Don't forget Goroh hype. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I say it's a 3D Land model. WHOOOAAAHHHH!?! And even if it wasn't, omgz! Maria confurmed! I mean, that would be the MOST BASIC model, and it wouldn't even look the same when the game came out. THAT MODEL, being from SSB3DS does NOTHING for us...

Remember when Brawl was going to have damaged clothing? Well, what about this time around? I'm betting we're getting it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Damaged looks would be pretty sweet. I like those little details. Of course, I'm more interested in the gameplay than the graphics, but yeah.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, Smashchu beat me to it. His decision was along the lines of why he did not include an Animal Crossing fighter. The only thing I see him going back on, so to speak, is when it pertains to Mii's.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Of course his only exception was Samus. :awesome:

But yeah, that sounds about right Star and Smashchu.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HMMM, perhaps battle damage was to be a visual indicator of health? Not that it would have been very necessary... maybe they'll go with different idle/waiting animations above 100% instead?

...Maybe those were scrapped story mode things. :I

Actually, I only found out about that stuff a few weeks ago, lol.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
As Shortie put it, his plain unpopularity kills much of his chances. Although his franchise is bigger than many other modern franchises we consider, he just has no popularity. Plus, Nintendo Wars hasn't had a new game since 2008.

In terms of a moveset, I see him working like Pokemon Trainer where he works in the background. Instead of switching between soldiers like Pokemon though, he summons soldiers with his B attack - which he makes attack with the A buttons - and then uses the rest of the B attacks for various military arsenal attacks such as airplane bombings or summoning a tank.
I was under the impression popularity was a non-issue ever since R.O.B. got in.

The problem I have with a PT solution is that you could use any other C.O. from Nintendo Wars and the moveset would still fit well with a few differences. Personally, it works for Pokemon Trainer because he's supposed to be a generic Pokemon trainer that's literally interchangeable with a thousand others. In fact, it's probably the reason people keep requesting "PT from Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova", which is silly enough. But no one's going to mistake Andy for Sami or Max or Jake or Will or etc., so, in my opinion, he needs a moveset that reflects that.

Not that the developers would ever pay attention to things like that -_-

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was under the impression popularity was a non-issue ever since R.O.B. got in.
R.O.B and Andy are not comparable. One is a retro life saver, the other is a recent unknown. HE COULD be cool, but I'm betting we get an AW AT.

Yeah, I've known about it for a while too, I just thought some here may not know about things like Fox holding his blaster, and the battle damage idea.

Pra_Mai needs to go to hell. Why couldn't it just have been RANDOM instead of pra_mai? Like...everyone else had regular names. what is a pra_mai????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom