• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
While he has the enemy inside his mouth, he can input Up B, down B, forward B or B. He'll copy the move and err... You probably understand what I'm getting to right?
Kirby swallowing Zelda and copying her Down Special. That'd be weird. ANYWAY, it's a nice idea, but at the same time that would be a looot of work to do since that would essentially be creating... around 200 moves for him.

Kirby swallowing Zelda and copying her Down Special. That'd be weird. ANYWAY, it's a nice idea, but at the same time that would be a looot of work to do since that would essentially be creating... around 200 moves for him.
Well damn.

Sakurai is gonna need to work harder though especially since he needs to make Ridley now (Not saying he's unlikely but he said that would take a lot of time).

Anyway, I'm betting that Sakurai will make 55 characters for the game. Time to step it up I guess. Either way, despite how disappointing the roster is, I'll always be a super smash bros. fan (Lol)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Berserker:

Yep I saw your comments about Toad. And I do agree, that was Melee, chances are with all the new games and exposure he's much better off getting in this time around then back during Pre-Melee or Brawl.

Still you can't disreguard what Sakurai said either. So I do think the Mario characters are very much at a standstill right now, and unless we get a reveal at E3 (which I doubt) we will be seeing a major Mario rep war that's even larger then the one that came up when Brawl was announced.

That said, I'm now neutral on Toad gettting in or any other Mario character for that matter as it could go either way in terms of reps.

Also nice moveset. ;)

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
55 characters? That is a bit much. it will probably be only a bit
larger than what we have in Brawl. Time constraints being what
always happens, and he has so much to work on other than the
characters.

Still, 55 would be sooo amazing. It would take me years to pick a main.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Is Sakurai done with Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Also a quick guide I wanted to show you. In Pokémon media, Charizard is shown to be huge, much bigger than a human. However, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it is much smaller, being not that much taller than Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Also a quick guide I wanted to show you. In Pokémon media, Charizard is shown to be huge, much bigger than a human. However, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it is much smaller, being not that much taller than Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

This is why the "Ridley is too big" comments are moot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard was never huge, actually more the size of an adult human. In Brawl he's scaled perfectly, just like Ivysaur.

It's Squirtle, Pikachu and Jigglypuff who are absurdly huge. Pikachu is almost taller than Wario...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ProfPeanut, multiquote next time. I could not quote most of your message.

ProfPeanut said:
Toon Zelda is no bad choice, and Tetra is infinitely awesome.
Tetra is fine. Toon Zelda is pretty much Zelda. She barely did a thing. Too many unneeded reps.

Most iconic, doy.
Pretty sure StarFox and Donkey Kong were the most iconic Rare characters. Just saying. Banjo-Kazooie had two games, and one playable appearance with everyone else so far.(Diddy Kong Racing DS not counted) I'll take a Nintendo-only character first. Then we'll talk about Third Party characters that decided to leave Nintendo.

Ninten has squat offensive PK attacks.
Tell that to Sakurai. Give a full non-clone moveset. Otherwise, it'll happen. Same body type, nearly all the same PSI moves exist in the game too.

With who? None of the other main Fire Emblem characters are any more deserving than each other, that's the problem. Only Ike and Marth have appeared in more than one game.
Roy, Hector, Lyn, Chrome. There's probably more. "Only appeared in one game" isn't a good enough reason. Ice Climbers, remember?

Define dealable. Pichu is awesome and Lucario is unique. 3rd Gen was forgettable, and Victini I'd consider.
Too many Pokemon. Absolutely nothing new. Pichu is the Scrappy of Melee. Lucario was shoehorned in, despite having a Generation before it. They don't need that many slots whatsoever. Especially if there's nothing new. 3rd Gen was NOT forgettable. It didn't have four seasons and more than one movie for no reason. Likewise, it started the trend of many gameplay annoyances. EV's started there. Don't diss 3rd Gen.

You asked an MYMer that question. Challenge accepted.
Alternatively, this is a fine example, though not exactly to my preferences.
That works.

And why? Wario and Yoshi side characters suffer the same problem as Fire EMblem characters in that they're no more worthy of a character slot than each other. Kamek pretty much loses a slot to Bowser Jr.
Except they don't. Possibly Yoshi, but WarioWare and Wario Land have a plethora of characters. Especially Ware. Bowser Jr. over Kamek? No thanks. I'll take the character that has no chance of being a clone first. Likewise, no, Bowser Jr. needs his Shadow Mario persona to actually be original. We don't need a heavy chance of being a clone.

Berserker01 said:
I don't want Shadow Mario. Jr. is fine as a stand alone fighter
Let's avoid obvious clones, shall we?

--------------

Getting back to the Zelda thing: The Bombs and Boomerang are Link's only GOOD specials so far. His Spin Attack originated in Zelda 3, as in A Link to the Past, not Zelda II. Please do research before stating incorrect stuff. It's also just as iconic as the Bow. The Bow is really the only one that could be changed out, as it's the only special that really just blows. The rest have their uses. Save this one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has he ever said he will avoid clones in SSB4?
Nope. But I find it better to suggest characters with less chances of being clones. Likewise, if Mother needs another rep, there's tons of characters that aren't the main ones. We both know that if Ninten got in, he'd just be another Ness-like character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Charizard is officially 5' 7" (1.7 meters) meters tall. He probably looks bigger in the anime since it's full of a bunch of Japanese 10 year olds.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra is old now, Brawl was her best bet, and she didn't make it then so she won't now. Compare him to Skull Kid if you will. His best bet was Melee, he didn't make it then, so he didn't make it in Brawl either. Cause he's an old (irrelevant, by now then) character.

StarFox ain't no Rare franchise either. They made StarFox Adventures, that's it. Donkey Kong Country is different, Rare created just about everything for the franchise. For a Rare rep, Banjo-Kazooie would be the best. I'd like them playable but they don't have a chance. Just Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool are fine. Then comes Krystal.

Hector and Lyn are old now to. Roy moreso. Heck, I would even say Ike is old. Characters that are not re-appearing and aren't retro won't probably be making it in. By those standards, I don't even think K.Rool is all that likely. If DKCR is the new 'standard' for the series then the Tiki tribe has officially 'conquered' the Kremling Krew as the main bad guys for DK. That's not so good for K.Rool as you can imagine.

Bowser Jr. would in no way be a clone of Bowser either. Even without Shadow Mario transformation (that'd be the clone). Just you see. Before Brawl came out, everyone and his dog who were against Diddy's inclusion said he would be a DK clone to... Conclusion; I guessed most of Diddy's moveset right. Now that I talk about it, there was someone saying 'All that Diddy would do if he was included in Brawl is throwing bananas, nothing more' conclusion; he was also right.

Ever since that moment I believed in wizards. I might even be one myself.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tetra is old now, Brawl was her best bet, and she didn't make it then so she won't now. Compare him to Skull Kid if you will. His best bet was Melee, he didn't make it then, so he didn't make it in Brawl either. Cause he's an old (irrelevant, by now then) character.
There's no proof of this. She still could. And Skull Kid has nearly as many game appearances too. Skull Kid could've also made it in Brawl, considering he appeared in Twilight Princess.

StarFox ain't no Rare franchise either. They made StarFox Adventures, that's it. Donkey Kong Country is different, Rare created just about everything for the franchise. For a Rare rep, Banjo-Kazooie would be the best. I'd like them playable but they don't have a chance. Just Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool are fine. Then comes Krystal.
Cause Rare totally didn't make the StarFox franchise. Do some research. Rare is the reason Donkey Kong split off from the Mario series. Neither would be notable without them. They're both heavily connected.

Hector and Lyn are old now to. Roy moreso. Heck, I would even say Ike is old. Characters that are not re-appearing and aren't retro won't probably be making it in. By those standards, I don't even think K.Rool is all that likely. If DKCR is the new 'standard' for the series then the Tiki tribe has officially 'conquered' the Kremling Krew as the main bad guys for DK. That's not so good for K.Rool as you can imagine.
And? Both are just as viable as Chrome. Chrome is most likely, but relevance is a bull**** reason. Don't use it as the only possible way. Most likely, sure, but that's it.

Bowser Jr. would in no way be a clone of Bowser either. Even without Shadow Mario transformation (that'd be the clone). Just you see. Before Brawl came out, everyone and his dog who were against Diddy's inclusion said he would be a DK clone to... Conclusion; I guessed most of Diddy's moveset right. Now that I talk about it, there was someone saying 'All that Diddy would do if he was included in Brawl is throwing bananas, nothing more' conclusion; he was also right.
Because Bowser Jr. doesn't totally share the same body type as Bowser? Both could be clones. You cannot say Shadow Mario, who has absolutely nothing similar to Mario outside of jumping capabilities would be a clone, but then say Bowser Jr. wouldn't be? That's ridiculous. Both have equal chances of being clones. But if I can play two characters at once, regardless of cloneage, it'd be better than playing as one clone.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I second that. I have come to the conclusion that Diddy Kong is indeed one as well.

Rudimentary really.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EVERYONE.
IS GOOSES.

Just some are sillier than others.

I... can't actually think of anything worth discussing. :V

Miis are Rare characters, right.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
THIRD PARTY PHILOSOPHY~

How do you guys feel about non big five (SEGA, Konami, Square, Capcom, Namco) characters? Do you think they're going to happen? Do you like them? Just, give me your reasoning with third parties.

Also, do you think there are any companies missing from my big five? If you say Level-5, I'll eat your first born baby.

Anyway, I see far more clone potential in Shadow Mario than Bowser Jr.
Shadow Mario is a hack. PAPER AND DOC IS WHERE IT'S AT!

Seriously, no more alternate Mario's. We're finally down to THREE Links, can we keep it at three Marios? (We lost Wolf Link, UNFORTUNETLY)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought I was the silly goose D:

Anyway, I see far more clone potential in Shadow Mario than Bowser Jr.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
THIRD PARTY PHILOSOPHY~

How do you guys feel about non big five (SEGA, Konami, Square, Capcom, Namco) characters? Do you think they're going to happen? Do you like them? Just, give me your reasoning with third parties.

Also, do you think there are any companies missing from my big five? If you say Level-5, I'll eat your first born baby.
I see Namco getting shafted. Capcom and Square is where it's at. Snake, Slime, Mega Man, and Sonic is the best-case scenario for third-parties, IMO. Worst-case scenario... none of them! I suppose Layton would be the best non-"Big Five" bet.

yani_

Smash Ace
I think Sonic & Snake will stay. I don't think there will be more than 2 more 3rd parties. My hopes are for square and rare. (square being Geno that is, otherwise idc for them.)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hey! my sister calls me goose... (if you pronounce my name, you can hear the word)

sonic and snake... i got tired of talking about guests already... let's turn me into a happy goose!! stages!!!

Bowser's Castle is a must!

Underworld should be a new stage with Skyworld in the past brawl stages.

no more crappy 75m or Mario Bros stages... they suxorz.

did star ever come up with a Sin and Punishment Stage?

(my first born is a highlander... you'd have to be immortal to kill him)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sup guys? I got a little present for those who have seen my recolor pallettes on some character ideas: 3D Victini. I'll show it soon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OKAY. Maybe this is just me or my controller, but Brawl seems a little ...unresponsive? Seems like some characters' jump-off-the-ground animation lasts much too long. ANOTHER THING THAT IS ANNOYING is that they put like three functions on one button. Sometimes I want to follow up the first two hits of an A-combo with a grab, but when you press Z, you'll just finish up the combo and sit there punching like an idiot. So dumb.

Maybe I should just learn to NOT DO THAT, but balls.

I think there was another MECHANICS/PHYSICS RELATED THING that bothered me, but I forgot. :I

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Stages I want:

Rainbow Road >:| (Overdue for this)
Smash Ranch (harvest moon plox D: can have crops grow as platforms)
Pokemon Colosseum (epic title and title sequence reference xD)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'm probably a baby goose. :rolleyes:

Of the big 5 I really only see us getting Capcom currently. But of the non big 5, I'd have to say Team Ninja has the best shot.

Stages:
Dragon's Altar (:p)
Distortion World
Underworld (KI)
Bowser's Castle
The Ring/Doc Louis's Training Room

@Augusto: I see you now have a Protoman avatar... Also yes, Star did make a S&P stage.

@Asage: Amazing. SSBF will love this. ;)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@--- Yeah, I've been in school, and this was one of my projects. I got an animation sprite (from B&W) being made with these pallettes. And notice they apparently had some sort of food or drink item that changes the color of their tounges ;)

D

Deleted member

Out of the "Big Five" for third-parties, I can see Capcom and Square getting new additions, but I have a hard time picturing a Namco rep in Smash. For the non-big 5, I could see us getting Layton or Ryu Hayabusa.

@asage94: Nice recoloring of Victini, thought I'd like to see a yellow one as well. :) I especially liked the grey scheme.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage94: Nice recoloring of Victini, thought I'd like to see a yellow one as well. :)
Can't do the bold. I tried Yellow, Black, and Light Teal, and they wouldn't work. I added animation with fire (Can't save those due to my dumb school rules: only pics) and the colors disfigured, meaning that the fire would abolish Victini's main fighting moves by warping the colors to auto white. Yes, I went THAT deep figuring out what colors to use. (I hate that ****ing green..). Black, however, was replaced by Gray when I thought of Black and White.

@augustoflores No shinies! All pkmn had no shiny forms. So it will stay like that. Altho I did try to do a camo with Reshiram and Zekrom with Victini. Eww...

Also, I decided to do ONE MORE moveset. For Micheal, from PKMN XD:

Wes said:
What? Meh whatever. I gotta shine my wierd-@$$ bike/wagon thing anyways.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Some look a little plain for some reason, but nice recolors :D

The green one kind of looks like Celebi. I think if it was Zoroark that got in, he'd have some sort of Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem recolors....but that doesn't mean it'll get in over Victini xD

Pika had shiny colors. Not too sure about Jiggs and Lucario tho, but I'm pretty sure Squirtle and Ivysaur did too

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
For the Paper Mario debate: I personally don't think Paper Mario should get in Smash as a Mario newcomer. Don't get me wrong, I've played the Paper Mario games, and I know how unique he can be. However, that does not change the fact that he is still Mario. Perhaps his own series while letting Toad or even Jr. getting the Mario slot, then yes I'm fine with him.

The Mario series is not a franchise like the Zelda or other ones that are limited in characters. For Zelda, it is alright to have a second version of the main character as the only 3 notable characters are the Link, Zelda, and to an extent Ganondorf. These three are the most recurring while there are very few other characters who are recurring and as important as these three. Older Link and Younger Links effectively represent the two genres of the Zelda series. Paper Mario as a series is still just one of the many spin-off franchises in the Mario series. The main Mario series still has priority over it; even Mario Kart could by pass the PM series (much more installments and more sales).

The Mario series is a very expansive franchise with many characters. Why add a second version of Mario when you could add actual characters such as Toad and Bowser Jr.? These two appear in the main series and spin-offs. Toad also appears in the PM and RPG series. PM might have more moves and more games than these two, yes; however, we already have Mario in Smash, and whatever PM can do, so can Mario. Yes, Mario does not have the hammers or special abilities like PM; however, he still has most of his basic moves. Toad and to an extent Jr. are long time Mario characters who played their roles well in the mainstream games. Why put another Mario and ignore actual characters who are still left in the franchise. To me the priority list goes like this: Toad -> Bowser Jr. -> Paper Mario -> Anyone else.

Now don't look at me as a Paper Mario hater as I do still see his chances as a newcomer (and I love his games - especially PM TTYD); however, I still feel that Toad and possibly Bowser Jr. (though more the first one) should get in before him. However, if PM gets in with his own series and allows Toad or even Jr. to take the Mario slot, then I have no issues against Paper Mario's inclusion.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Shiny?

I'm pretty sure Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur had Shiny colors as outfits. Not that it matters much as theirs were all just minor color changes. Victini's a little bit more complicated if I remember correctly.

I'm positive though that Mewtwo had his.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some look a little plain for some reason, but nice recolors :D

The green one kind of looks like Celebi. I think if it was Zoroark that got in, he'd have some sort of Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem recolors....but that doesn't mean it'll get in over Victini xD

Pika had shiny colors. Not too sure about Jiggs and Lucario tho, but I'm pretty sure Squirtle and Ivysaur did too
Nadda. Pikachu's shiny w/ red hat doesn't count. That's a "Hue Recolor" which is what I do. Squirtle and Ivysaur is also a negative.

yani_

Smash Ace
Shiny?

I'm pretty sure Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur had Shiny colors as outfits. Not that it matters much as theirs were all just minor color changes. Victini's a little bit more complicated if I remember correctly.

I'm positive though that Mewtwo had his.
Yup, he did :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom