• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well wether people think he's a bland character or not, I'd say he's got as much chance of being in this game as Megaman. If not more, unfortunately.

Remember how Capcom Japan thinks the West hates Megaman? I wouldn't be surprised if they give us Frank West.

I'm still going to be rooting for Megaman. Ryu is a decent runner up, but nowhere near the league of the blue bomber. :D

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starphoenix, what about the naked characters? How would we see them in that Donkey Kong stage with the sunset? Yoshi, Kirby, and especially the Pokemon.
Kirby has his bright red shoes. Pikachu's yellow coat will shine through, except for the parts of him that are dark. Squirtle has his shell. Ivysaur his bud. Charizard his flaming tail. Poor Jigglypuff would be a full silhouette. :(

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Grow up ? Do you think Nintendo is a small company ? Nintendo is always steps ahead.
I didnt mean like that,I meant that nintendo is trying to move away from Rated E games.Im no Capcom fan,Microsoft,or Sony fan.Nintendo practicaly raised me.us

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
An idea: All 5 gens can be represented by PT.

Gen V: The trainer himself, having the appearance of Black/Hilbert
Gen V: Samurott or Emboar , Dewott or Pignite , Snivy.
Final Smash : The trainer send Zekrom and Reshiram and then they do Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare where these two moves create bigger and a more powerful move when combined. Click here to get the idea.

Fixed...all the things you are nice but this is what it seems it going to be.

D

Deleted member

Well wether people think he's a bland character or not, I'd say he's got as much chance of being in this game as Megaman. If not more, unfortunately.

Remember how Capcom Japan thinks the West hates Megaman? I wouldn't be surprised if they give us Frank West.

I'm still going to be rooting for Megaman. Ryu is a decent runner up, but nowhere near the league of the blue bomber. :D
Yeah, uh, Frank West probably isn't going to happen and he shouldn't be in anyway. It doesn't help that his only game on a Nintendo platform is a water-down version of Dead Rising. That would kind of infuriate fans.

Still supporting the Blue Bomber as my most wanted character for SSB4.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OMG I have to jump in here. Starphoenix, that idea is AMAZING!! Great job with the song choices--IMO you can never have too many DKC themes but your selection is still great. I would like to add on to your idea by listing the highlights of the silhouetted characters:

-Mr Game and Watch remains black, but he can have an outline that matches his player color. For the default color he can have a white outline.
-Yoshi's white cheeks (and belly), spine, saddle and shoes can be highlighted. Yoshis have differently colored shoes.
-Bowser's hair and shell
-Kirby's shoes
-ZS Samus's suit and hair
-Pika's red spots; the accessories of his alternate costumes can glow.
-Jigglypuff's eyes. Her alternate accessories behave like Pika's.
-Olimar's suit and Pikmin can glow.
-Falcon's helmet, gloves and boots.
-The PT's hat and shirt can glow. Squirtle's eyes and shell, Ivysaur's bulb, razor leaves and vines, and Charizard's stomach and wings can glow.
That's all I have for now, and GREAT STAGE IDEAS!

Someone else mentioned a multi-gen PT that can play a role in having all pokemon gens playable? Deja vu...

EDIT: not complete deja vu though. A PT with 5 pokemon is going overboard.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
OMG I have to jump in here. Starphoenix, that idea is AMAZING!! Great job with the song choices--IMO you can never have too many DKC themes but your selection is still great. I would like to add on to your idea by listing the highlights of the silhouetted characters:

-Mr Game and Watch remains black, but he can have an outline that matches his player color. For the default color he can have a white outline.
-Yoshi's white cheeks (and belly), spine, saddle and shoes can be highlighted. Yoshis have differently colored shoes.
-Bowser's hair and shell
-Kirby's shoes
-ZS Samus's suit and hair
-Pika's red spots; the accessories of his alternate costumes can glow.
-Jigglypuff's eyes. Her alternate accessories behave like Pika's.
-Olimar's suit and Pikmin can glow.
-Falcon's helmet, gloves and boots.
-The PT's hat can glow. Squirtle's eyes and shell, Ivysaur's bulb razor leaves and vines, and Charizard's stomach and wings can glow.
That's all I have for now, and GREAT STAGE IDEAS!

Someone else mentioned a multi-gen PT that can play a role in having all pokemon gens playable? Deja vu...
It's hard to be implemented.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually, it depends on how they go about utilizing light and/or filters. But this stage is one of a kind for a reason.

As far as a multi-generational Pokémon Trainer. I always thought of a Female Pokémon Trainer who has one Cute, Beauty, and Cool Pokémon.

Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Blaziken. For example.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Your opinion is inferior in other people's perspective you can't force your opinion you can only share it....I can understand the hate for Ryu I personally hate Cloud Strife and he is very much favored over my favorite characters...so if you hate a character just hate him from you heart....and remember having a character you hate and a character you like in one fighting game doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just think about kicking the *** of the character you hate with your favorite character. :)
I am not trying to force my opinion. I would just like to be enlightened. I want someone to explain WHY Ryu is an awesome character, especially compared to Nintendo's massive catalog. That is it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Here's a moveset for a Micaiah/Sothe team....

Specials:

Neutral B: Micaiah holds her hand upwards and and orb of light appears and explodes. Any enemies that are close enough are put into a stun state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds13lJHzq8I&t=8m50s

Side B: Micaiah casts the basic light spell. Works kind of like how Sonic's Homing Attack does in Brawl... Takes a second to charge up, then an orb of light appears above the nearest opponent and rays shoot down onto them.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiWfYqqvOY&t=2m07s

Up B: Sothe grabs Micaiah's hand and throws her upwards. Sothe then does a backward flip upwards to follow her. Startup is invincible and there are super armor frames from when Micaiah is thrown upward and Sothe jumps up after her.

Down B: Micaiah takes out a staff and casts a healing spell. Works kind of like how Wario's fart does in Brawl... The longer you wait, the more the spell will recover in % until it is fully charged after a minute or two...

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Sothe quickly takes a step forward swinging his knife(think Shiek's dash attack). Has super armor frames.

Usmash: Sothe does a bicycle kick

Dsmash: Both of them attack simultaneously on both sides. Micaiah slaps in one direction while Sothe kicks in the other direction...

Tilts:

Utilt: Micaiah sticks her hand upward and casts a large light orb in her palm

Ftilt: Sothe does a roundhouse kick forward

Dtilt: Sothe slashes the ground with his dagger(has no hitback), then Micaiah quickly casts a light spell that hits in front of them

Aerials:

Uair: Sothe does a little kicking flip... Kind of like Cpt. Falcon's/Ganondorf's uair

Nair: Micaiah and Sothe spin around together. Multi-hitting move.

Fair: Sothe does a quick horizontal slash forward. Think Pit's fair.

Bair: Micaiah makes a light explosion behind them.

Dair: Sothe grabs Micaiah's hand and they quickly lunge downward until they land... Think ZSS/Shiek/ToonLink dair.

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Sothe jumps forward to grab an opponent(think Olimar's grab). Then Sothe holds his knife to their neck while Micaiah moves to stand behind Sothe.

Pummel: Micaiah slaps the held opponent.

Uthrow: Micaiah makes a magical light explosion that sends the opponent upward

Dthrow: Sothe slices the opponent's neck and sets them on the ground

Fthrow: Sothe kicks the opponenet in the back, hitting them forward

Bthrow: Sothe hurls the opponent backwards into the air and then Micaiah hits them with a light spell. Think Fox/Falco's bthrow.

Other:

Jab: Three parts. Sothe does a floor sweeping kick, then Micaiah steps forward and smacks them, then Sothe does an upward slash with his knife that hits the opponent away.

Dash attack: Has 2 hits, Sothe jumps forward and Micaiah dashes in after him. Has super armor frames.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Colaya that's an excellent moveset. So is Ike's.
I've been pondering one too but you two beat me to the chase :D
and that DK stage is by far impressive, espically if it included all the characters

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Here's a moveset for a Micaiah/Sothe team....

Specials:

Neutral B: Micaiah holds her hand upwards and and orb of light appears and explodes. Any enemies that are close enough are put into a stun state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds13lJHzq8I&t=8m50s

Side B: Micaiah casts the basic light spell. Works kind of like how Sonic's Homing Attack does in Brawl... Takes a second to charge up, then an orb of light appears above the nearest opponent and rays shoot down onto them.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiWfYqqvOY&t=2m07s

Up B: Sothe grabs Micaiah's hand and throws her upwards. Sothe then does a backward flip upwards to follow her. Startup is invincible and there are super armor frames from when Micaiah is thrown upward and Sothe jumps up after her.

Down B: Micaiah takes out a staff and casts a healing spell. Works kind of like how Wario's fart does in Brawl... The longer you wait, the more the spell will recover in % until it is fully charged after a minute or two...

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Sothe quickly takes a step forward swinging his knife(think Shiek's dash attack). Has super armor frames.

Usmash: Sothe does a bicycle kick

Dsmash: Both of them attack simultaneously on both sides. Micaiah slaps in one direction while Sothe kicks in the other direction...

Tilts:

Utilt: Micaiah sticks her hand upward and casts a large light orb in her palm

Ftilt: Sothe does a roundhouse kick forward

Dtilt: Sothe slashes the ground with his dagger(has no hitback), then Micaiah quickly casts a light spell that hits in front of them

Aerials:

Uair: Sothe does a little kicking flip... Kind of like Cpt. Falcon's/Ganondorf's uair

Nair: Micaiah and Sothe spin around together. Multi-hitting move.

Fair: Sothe does a quick horizontal slash forward. Think Pit's fair.

Bair: Micaiah makes a light explosion behind them.

Dair: Sothe grabs Micaiah's hand and they quickly lunge downward until they land... Think ZSS/Shiek/ToonLink dair.

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Sothe jumps forward to grab an opponent(think Olimar's grab). Then Sothe holds his knife to their neck while Micaiah moves to stand behind Sothe.

Pummel: Micaiah slaps the held opponent.

Uthrow: Micaiah makes a magical light explosion that sends the opponent upward

Dthrow: Sothe slices the opponent's neck and sets them on the ground

Fthrow: Sothe kicks the opponenet in the back, hitting them forward

Bthrow: Sothe hurls the opponent backwards into the air and then Micaiah hits them with a light spell. Think Fox/Falco's bthrow.

Other:

Jab: Three parts. Sothe does a floor sweeping kick, then Micaiah steps forward and smacks them, then Sothe does an upward slash with his knife that hits the opponent away.

Dash attack: Has 2 hits, Sothe jumps forward and Micaiah dashes in after him. Has super armor frames.
I'd rather have Micaiah in the background because that will save space and Sothe will have better mobility.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If DKCR could do it on the Wii for multiple stages, and SSBM could do it for an event match on the Gamecube, I highly doubt that the Wii U would have a hard time doing it for one stage; especially since its more powerful than the Wii.

Besides, in an interview, one of DKCR's developers said its like anti technology. You don't have to stress extreme details in graphics because you're using silhouettes.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, I'd rather Ryu stay away from my Smash Bros game. I can't stand Ryu, he is completely over rated. Almost "Cloud" level... But not quite there...

Now if it's Brood Ryu that is a different story... Can't get into a Vs. series let alone Smash Bros. :(

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ugh, I'd rather Ryu stay away from my Smash Bros game. I can't stand Ryu, he is completely over rated. Almost "Cloud" level... But not quite there...

Now if it's Brood Ryu that is a different story... Can't get into a Vs. series let alone Smash Bros. :(
Well I want Slime away from my smash game to....excuse Ryu for being too awesome with his Hadoukens and Shouryoukens

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I want Slime away from my smash game to....excuse Ryu for being too awesome with his Hadoukens and Shouryoukens
At least Slime has magic, can summon a knight doll on his back, call other slimes, and summon a tank to attack. The more specific slime "Rocket" from the spin off series is cute and humorous...

I'm tired of Ryu, sick of him in every crossover. He is like the Wolverine of Capcom. At least Dan makes me laugh...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
At least Slime has magic, can summon a knight doll on his back, call other slimes, and summon a tank to attack. The more specific slime "Rocket" from the spin off series is cute and humorous...

I'm tired of Ryu, sick of him in every crossover. He is like the Wolverine of Capcom.
Well OFC you are jealous because slimes can't do Hadoukens neither Shouryoukens for the lack of limbs and Ryu is going to be the easy route for Sakurai if you ask me.:D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well OFC you are jealous because slimes can't do Hadoukens neither Shouryoukens for the lack of limbs and Ryu is going to be the easy route for Sakurai if you ask me.:D
That's right, the same limbs Ivysaur uses... No because Megaman is a better choice than Ryu in every facet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mario - Starship Mario
Luigi - Luigi's Mansion
Peach - Peach's Castle
Bowser - Rainbow Cruise
Bowser Junior - Dry Dry Desert
Toad - Mario Circuit
Yoshi - Yoshi's Island
Wario - Warioware
Donkey Kong - Jungle Japes
Diddy & Dixie Kong - Sunset Shore
King K. Rool - Gangplank Galleon
Link - Skyloft
Zelda & Sheik - Hyrule Temple
Ganondorf - Gerudo Valley
Toon Link - Spirit Train
Tingle - Rupeeland
Jigglypuff - Pokémon Stadium A
Pikachu - Pokémon Stadium B
Pokémon Trainer - Battlefield
Mewtwo - Final Destination
Zoroark - The Dreamyard
Kirby - Green Greens
Meta Knight - Battleship Halberd
King Dedede - Dream Land Castle
Fox - Sauria
Falco - Corneria
Wolf - Lylat Cruise
Ness - Onett
Lucas - New Pork City
Marth - Castle Siege
Ike - Gallia
Pit - Skyworld
Game & Watch - Flat Zone
R.O.B. - Gyromite Zone
Ice Climbers - The Summit
Samus/ZSS - Brinstar
Ridley - Norfair
Tom Nook - Smashville
Olimar - Distant Planet
Captain Falcon - Big Blue
Samurai Goroh - Port Town Aero Dive
Isaac - Lighthouse
Little Mac - Punch Out Arena
Starfy - Focus Hill
Sonic - Green Hill Zone
Snake - Shadow Moses Island
Mega Man - Elec Man Power Plant

Lol I don't even care about this roster, it was just for the purpose of seeing how a stage list would turn out if every character got a stage. I gave Pokémon Trainer and Mewtwo Battlefield and Final Destination respectively because those stages are iconic to smash and the Pokémon franchise has so many characters with not as many stage options. I thought it worked out.

EDIT: Many stages with the same names as past ones are actually changed here, they are just the same place. The stage itself is altered.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I wouldn't care Mega man or Ryu both are one of my favorite characters (Mega Man.EXE is the best incarnation IMO) but you know I'll put any character that has a big role in their game over Slime it's just impossibly imaginable.
Famitsu's top 50 favorite video game characters
01. Snake (Metal Gear Solid series)
02. Mario (Super Mario Bros. series)
03. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
04. Slime (Dragon Quest series)
05. Sora (Kingdom Hearts series)
06. Link (Legend of Zelda series)
07. Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vespersia)
08. Amaterasu (Okami)
09. Pikachu (Pocket Monsters [Pokemon] series)
10. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
Just thought you might find that fascinating.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dude it's Famitsu.....you are talking like japan is the whole world.....you know that the game is worldwide famous....you just boost Slime because you like him.
No I boost Slime because the character is actually more popular than you give it credit. No matter what you may think you cannot dismiss the following it has in Japan. It is almost cultish in places... On top of that Dragon Quest is a series Nintendo has taken a personal investment in, publishing Dragon Quest titles and even their spin offs. Heck, we are getting Fortune Street, which is a big Mario/Dragon Quest crossover game. Nintendo is publishing this title even before the likes of Xenoblade and The Last Story. Which are their own. I'm only noticing what others have:

Speaking of other Dragon Quest games, Nintendo is really serious about this Dragon Quest thing, huh? It published Dragon Quest IX last year, then VI early this year -- and Dragon Quest characters are in both Mario Sports Mix and Fortune Street (also announced at this E3). We never expected to see any Western publisher care this much about Dragon Quest, much less Nintendo.
Joystiq.com http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/11/round-up-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2-in-august/

Truth is I'd rather see another Dragon Quest character over Slime. On top of that I don't expect Slime like some people do with characters they like.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Ugh, Crimson. I was going through that stage list, putting comments next to each one, but I just couldn't do it anymore. That's a really phoned in one there, even if you do say the stages would be technically altered. I mean really, you bring back Distant Planet, Lylat Cruise, and Castle Siege? You could have made up something instead of those. And the Summit? And two Pokemon Stadiums? And what the balls was up with the Metroid stages? And why does Ganondorf have Gerudo Valley as a stage? And why does Bowser Jr. have Dry Dry Desert as a stage? And why does friggen Bowser have Rainbow Cruise as a stage instead of Bowser's Castle? And what do you even mean by Gallia? That's like saying England or Russia or something along those lines. And Goroh should have Red Canyon. And I can't think about this anymore, I'm frustrated. :glare:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, Crimson. I was going through that stage list, putting comments next to each one, but I just couldn't do it anymore. That's a really phoned in one there, even if you do say the stages would be technically altered. I mean really, you bring back Distant Planet, Lylat Cruise, and Castle Siege? You could have made up something instead of those. And the Summit? And two Pokemon Stadiums? And what the balls was up with the Metroid stages? And why does Ganondorf have Gerudo Valley as a stage? And why does Bowser Jr. have Dry Dry Desert as a stage? And why does friggen Bowser have Rainbow Cruise as a stage instead of Bowser's Castle? And what do you even mean by Gallia? That's like saying England or Russia or something along those lines. And Goroh should have Red Canyon. And I can't think about this anymore, I'm frustrated. :glare:
Try taking a look at some of my stage concepts then? Maybe it'll relax you?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Pieman, you mad bro? You're taking that list so seriously by the names you see. I was only trying to map out franchise representation and stage list size. I just put some names next to people that generally could fit with the names. Obviously I don't mean to port over all the brawl stages as mentioned there, and most of them don't make sense! I don't know much about Starfox, I just remembered the name Sauria as the Dinosaur Planet. If I meant what I posted as my stage wishlist, I would have backed things up. That was just to see how it would work out with a stage for every character per franchise.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Pieman, you mad bro? You're taking that list so seriously by the names you see. I was only trying to map out franchise representation and stage list size. I just put some names next to people that generally could fit with the names. Obviously I don't mean to port over all the brawl stages as mentioned there, and most of them don't make sense! I don't know much about Starfox, I just remembered the name Sauria as the Dinosaur Planet. If I meant what I posted as my stage wishlist, I would have backed things up. That was just to see how it would work out with a stage for every character per franchise.
Yes, I am mad, because while I can shrug off poor character selection, poor stage selection is a different beast. :mad:

But anyways, its just that most of those stages are just the Brawl/Melee ones while some aren't, so excuse my frustration. But you really didn't need to do that if you just wanted to map out how many stages there would be, since you could have just looked at your character list and said everyone got one.

Quite frankly, I think there are easy enough ways to get around any series having too much, and that's through the use of other series having additional spots. For instance, to not have too many Mario stages, you could have two Yoshi stages, and give one to Bowser Jr. That's sort of how it worked out in Melee anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom