• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
If Slime was ever put in before Ridley or King K Rool, I wouldn't buy the game.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There are Smash Bros trolls even on Capcom Unity? Is there no end to them?! It is like they all spread out from Gamefaqs and fester.

I wouldn't worry to much, priority will always be given to Nintendo characters above all.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
There are Smash Bros trolls even on Capcom Unity? Is there no end to them?! It is like they all spread out from Gamefaqs and fester.

I wouldn't worry to much, priority will always be given to Nintendo characters above all.
Then I wouldn't mind. The more characters, the merrier. Slime is okay by me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright. Sorry I frustrated you so much. I made the list in a hurry and with the way my mind works I have to actually put an example name next to the characters. I can't just list a roster and say "they all get one", I actually have to show myself it's possible, however badly.

I like stage discussion, as it has a lot of potential and there are so many different options, so I'll just post individual stages like Starphoenix has been doing with some thought put into them. Anything but pointless character debates...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Alright. Sorry I frustrated you so much. I made the list in a hurry and with the way my mind works I have to actually put an example name next to the characters. I can't just list a roster and say "they all get one", I actually have to show myself it's possible, however badly.

I like stage discussion, as it has a lot of potential and there are so many different options, so I'll just post individual stages like Starphoenix has been doing with some thought put into them. Anything but pointless character debates...
I hate stage discussion because it barely affect core gameplay.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who do you refer to... ?
Some user on the "Ask Capcom" board. Keeps trolling everyone, crying about how third party characters are ruining the series. Yet suggests Ninten as a great addition to the roster? So logical...

Actually stage discussion can have a VERY important role on core gameplay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You hate discussion that doesn't affect core gameplay? This is the Super Smash Brothers WiiU thread, including all things related to the next console smash game. All I've seen so far is character arguments. I'd much rather see some ideas for stages people would like to see in the next smash bros game. I'm also fairly certain the core gameplay is played out on stages, so they completely affect it.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You hate discussion that doesn't affect core gameplay? This is the Super Smash Brothers WiiU thread, including all things related to the next console smash game. All I've seen so far is character arguments. I'd much rather see some ideas for stages people would like to see in the next smash bros game. I'm also fairly certain the core gameplay is played out on stages, so they completely affect it.
Well I said I hate I didn't say you can't ;)

Kantrip

Kantplay
The reason you hate it is invalid, is all.

Personally, I hate character discussion because it goes in circles that lead to arguments where everyone thinks they know who "deserves" a spot, like they earned it working in pit mines somewhere off the coast of Crocodile Isle. Either way, it would be a nice change of topic for a bit.

I'm thinking every character getting a stage and that's it is stupid anyways. Every represented franchise should have at least one stage, but it shouldn't equal the number of characters. Some franchises have better stage concepts and some have better character concepts. Also, stages like Pictochat and LOLenbow wouldn't get in this way.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The reason you hate it is invalid, is all.

Personally, I hate character discussion because it goes in circles that lead to arguments where everyone thinks they know who "deserves" a spot, like they earned it working in pit mines somewhere off the coast of Crocodile Isle. Either way, it would be a nice change of topic for a bit.

I'm thinking every character getting a stage and that's it is stupid anyways. Every represented franchise should have at least one stage, but it shouldn't equal the number of characters. Some franchises have better stage concepts and some have better character concepts. Also, stages like Pictochat and LOLenbow wouldn't get in this way.
Funny thing is the stage count has always been slightly above the character count. Only exception being Smash 64. Technically in Brawl every character had their own stage. Only R.O.B, Wolf, Ganonndorf, Bowser, and King DDD did not to my knowledge.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, and there were franchises represented with a stage that didn't get a character (Animal Crossing and I guess Electroplankton. The stage is so baddddddd)

Generally it's better not to give every character their own stage, it just turns out that way I think.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yeah, and there were franchises represented with a stage that didn't get a character (Animal Crossing and I guess Electroplankton. The stage is so baddddddd)

Generally it's better not to give every character their own stage, it just turns out that way I think.
I personally think that every character deserves a stage and franchises that don't get characters shouldn't get a stage (HINT HINT PLAYABLE TOM NOOK PREASE!) Technically Diddy didn't even get a stage in Brawl. Both games where the DK stages came from were utterly devoid of Diddy.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I guess the point is that they can accomplish it while giving us independent stages that have no playable character associated.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
They could remake past stages for some characters, like give Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) and Luigi's Mansion (Brawl) back to Peach and Luigi, then make new stages for Bowser (Bowser's Castle) and Mario (Starship Mario). Would give us past stages and give each character their own stage. I guess. :V

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They could remake past stages for some characters, like give Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) and Luigi's Mansion (Brawl) back to Peach and Luigi, then make new stages for Bowser (Bowser's Castle) and Mario (Starship Mario). Would give us past stages and give each character their own stage. I guess. :V
In some cases I had always assumed this was the case with a couple of characters in Brawl? Like Ness (Onett), Zelda/Sheik (Temple), Jigglypuff (Pokémon Stadium 1), and Falco (Corneria).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
THAT IS A VERY COMPELLING ARGUMENT. IN THAT CASE THEY SHOULD JUST DO WHAT THEY'VE ALWAYS DONE. GOOD ON YOU, SAKURAI.

Would anyone like having past stages remade into HD beauties?

I actually haven't played many Zelda games, but would Death Mountain work for a Ganondorf stage?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Bowser's Castle is such an iconic setpiece in the Mario franchise it seems bizarre it hasn't been in an games yet...

Mario Series;
Galaxy Stage of some kind
Luigi's Mansion
Peach's Castle
Bowser's Castle

Zelda:
Temple (Such an iconic stage)
Termina Clocktower
Great Sea or Great Bay

Kirby:
Air Ride themed stage

Custom Robo:
A changing holloseum map could be really cool.

SteliKingOfSpeed

Smash Cadet
Bowser's Castle is such an iconic setpiece in the Mario franchise it seems bizarre it hasn't been in an games yet...

Mario Series;
Galaxy Stage of some kind
Luigi's Mansion
Peach's Castle
Bowser's Castle

Zelda:
Temple (Such an iconic stage)
Termina Clocktower
Great Sea or Great Bay

Kirby:
Air Ride themed stage

Custom Robo:
Good Start for a Stage list, I think it is very likely that Bowser Castle will be the Next stage with the addition of Bower Jr. Don't you think?

Napos

Smash Ace
Mad Hype! So glad I use the Classic Controller! Any other CC users out there?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Y'all know that in Brawl, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, DK and Diddy can all claim Mario Circuit as a stage of their's right? I know it has Mario's name in it, so its generally his, but because its from Mario Kart it encompasses all of those characters since they've been playable in most entries.

Individually speaking, I think Melee's Jungle Japes is a home of Diddy's because of the DKC theme (as well as songs) while Rumble Falls and 75m is more of a home to DK (and CK). Also, I think Fox, Falco and Wolf share Lylat Cruise equally; the music, Corneria's atmosphere (representing Fox and Falco), Star Wolf battling Star Fox and the various conversations make this stage a representation of all by showcasing the series. Melee's Corneria likely represents Fox and Falco in Brawl and not Wolf. I doubt Wolf would be welcomed on the Great Fox. Also, I think the Bridge of Eldin represents all Zelda characters who are playable excluding Toon Link. The final battle of Twilight Princess takes place in that general area, and the 3 main TP characters are present during the fight.

I think a case can be made for Dedede and Green Greens, but that one seems like a stretch.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
/ Why it's always like this: I wake up, go to see this topic and BAM. 20 NEW PAGES!

This topic's so popular that we need a subforum. Agree?/

StarPhoenix's New stage: I was stunned back those days when I saw that kind of stage done for DKCR. So I approve this stage wholeheartedly.

Let's see the characters I was delighted to see in Brawl.

- Diddy Kong

- King Dedede

- MetaKnight

-Wario (Though in the end I was disappointed on him since he didn't representate Warioland, while Warioware didn't have even much throphies.)

But I must agree: Bowser needs his own stage for good. Bowser's Castle, yeah.

One question quys, I've been given up on Lip becoming playable somewhat because I've seen how obscure she is and the skirt-issue she has been struggling with, (though I had found my solution on it. I might show it soon.

But I still can't believe Nintendo doesn't much emphasize on puzzle game representation.
Should I still root for her to appear in SSBU? She has moveset potential, isn't that hated (more like hated because they judge her too early) and is pure Nintendo all-star to be included, since she's unique and wouldn't feel too much out of place with the rest of Nintendo all-stars in Smash.

But still, should I root for her anymore?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Custom Robo:
I like the way you think, but yea I've been suggesting that Bowser get his own stage represented in Brawl, in this case is castle would be perfect, it's iconic and I think some kind of stage hazard would do it some justice, just like the Mario Kart Wii stage.

And Star made some suggestion concerning Custom Robo, it definetly would raise the bar if Sora and team actually came up with these cool ideas.

It's weird that no one suggested an airship being a stage in SSB.

I even find it strange that it didn't appear in Brawl. Off for now

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
In a Bowser's castle stage, I just hope it is possible to hit the button to open the bridge over the lava. And, as a bonus, if you win as Toad (if he were to make it), the victory cheer would be "the Princess is in a another castle!"

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
It's weird that no one suggested an airship being a stage in SSB.

I even find it strange that it didn't appear in Brawl. Off for now
Dear god, how has there not been a honest-to-goodness Bowser airship stage yet? I mean, a airship showed up in Rainbow Cruise, but it wasn't the same. I am totally with you, Berserker, a Bowser airship would be awesome. Even if it's Bowser Jr.'s airship from the SMG games.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
"I can not say that is out of question the possibility that some of the Capcom characters may appear in the next Smash Brothers. The big problem, however, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a different universe fit the style that was dedicated by Nintendo characters in a fighting game.

In fact, I believe it was a miracle we got Smash Bros.. and all the Nintendo characters working together in the first place. "

Sakurai said this in an interview. Was he referring to Megaman?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kirby has his bright red shoes. Pikachu's yellow coat will shine through, except for the parts of him that are dark. Squirtle has his shell. Ivysaur his bud. Charizard his flaming tail. Poor Jigglypuff would be a full silhouette. :(
The silhouettes may also be an issue for team battles. The only sources that you'll get are the equipment. Of course, some silhouettes are pitch-black.

Anyway, like I said before, Mr. G&W would be the only character who does not have a silhouette form; the white outline helps.

Ugh, I'd rather Ryu stay away from my Smash Bros game. I can't stand Ryu, he is completely over rated. Almost "Cloud" level... But not quite there...

Now if it's Brood Ryu that is a different story... Can't get into a Vs. series let alone Smash Bros. :(
Again I'm neutral, in terms of Capcom franchises.

As unlikely as it sounds, that would be pretty hilarious.

D

Deleted member

I like the way you think, but yea I've been suggesting that Bowser get his own stage represented in Brawl, in this case is castle would be perfect, it's iconic and I think some kind of stage hazard would do it some justice, just like the Mario Kart Wii stage.
Yeah, I've had a couple of ideas about a Bowser's Castle stage.

It takes place in Bowser's boss room SMB and NSMB. There's the platform above the lava which is walk-off on the left, a solid platform to the stage's right that's walk-off to the right, and a fair amount of decently-sized floating platforms. Every so often, the axe will spawn on the solid platform. Grabbing destroys the entire base stage, save the solid platform, which respawns a little later.

There's also a bunch of windows in the background, through which the Koopalings appear to throw hammers or cast spells.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai also said ssb3ds will have items unlockables.
That'd be an interesting spin, if you had to unlock stronger assist trophies and pokeball pokemon. Maybe on the solo experience, in a SSE type gameplay, you find these said AT or Pokeball pokemon and unlock them. Allowing for more characters to get camero appearances?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That'd be an interesting spin, if you had to unlock stronger assist trophies and pokeball pokemon. Maybe on the solo experience, in a SSE type gameplay, you find these said AT or Pokeball pokemon and unlock them. Allowing for more characters to get camero appearances?
I like your Ideas :D it seems we think alike. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When I mentioned the White Mage and Black Mage, I have been going through their attributes to see how they'll work out.

White Mage

The White Mage utilizes magic attacks, like Zelda. However, her speed is much faster than Zelda's. She's also heavier than Zelda (even heavier than Peach), but is still classified as one of the lightweights.

In terms of physical strength, the White Mage isn't very powerful. However, she does make up her lack of physical abilities with her powerful white magic spells.

Specials...

Holy Orb: The White Mage builds up white magic on her hands, and compresses the energy into an orb. She can hold the energy in place (like how Lucario can hold its Aura Sphere), enabling her to move around freely. The orb grows bigger as white magic gets added to it, and when it's at full power, the attack deals effective damage and knockback. If there isn't much white magic in the orb, the attack is very weak with little knockback.

Dia: The White Mage releases a white magic beam, which does decent damage. While its knockback isn't that strong, it can sends foes flying at low angles, which can be troublesome for those who fall fast.

Teleport: The White Mage teleports from one area to another. It deals no damage, and has a large range.

Barrier: The White Mage creates a barrier around her, reflecting almost any kind of projectile back at opponents. This move also possesses the ability to heal the White Mage for each projectile that gets reflected, so it works as a healing move as well. However, this move has no effect against direct attacks, so it's useless against those who lack projectiles.

Holy Judgment: The White Mage's Final Smash. She'll cast a high leveled Holy spell, which will not only protect her from attacks, but it will also display a special targeting cursor on the ground. The player can control the cursor in an attempt to catch the opponents. After 5 seconds, the spell will be released, with a large ray of light aiming at the cursor. Anyone caught in that attack will take heavy damage, and be sent flying. This move can easily make KOs on small battlefields. It can also go through walls, just like Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend.

Black Mage

Like the White Mage, the Black Mage also relies on magic attacks in battle. However, unlike the White Mage, he is a bit on the slow side, despite being tied with the White Mage's weight.

Also, the Black Mage's physical strength is much weaker than the White Mage's, so he's at a major disadvantage without his black magic spells.

Specials...

Fire Blast: The Black Mage performs a fire spell, which releases an orb of fire at opponents. He can charge up the attack to make it do more damage, but he can't hold onto the energy (just like with Ike's Eruption). If fully charged, the Black Mage will automatically release the attack.

Thunder Shock: The Black Mage performs a lightning spell, and fires it horizontally. While the move does decent damage, its knockback isn't that strong. However, it does send foes flying at low angles.

Teleport: Oddly, this Black Mage does possess a white magic spell, which is used for recovery. However, unlike the White Mage's Teleport, the Black Mage's creates a small explosion upon reappearing, which can damage those who are too close to him.

Quake: The Black Mage casts an earth elemental spell, which causes the ground to shake near him. The attack radius is large, but it has the most impact when opponents are real close to the Black Mage. From a distance, the damage is weak with hardly any knockback. At close range, however, the attack sends foes flying vertically, dealing good damage during the process.

Meteor Storm: The Black Mage's Final Smash. He'll summon meteors to damage targets and send them flying. The meteors normally aren't large, but the final meteor that the Black Mage releases is quite large, though still smaller than the Final Destination stage. Anyone caught in that large meteor's path is not only heavily damage, but in danger of being KO'd as well. The large meteor will also explode upon hitting the ground, which adds to the damage. Unfortunately, this Final Smash can't go through walls, so it's rendered useless if the opponents are taking shelter in areas that have ceilings.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
When I mentioned the White Mage and Black Mage, I have been going through their attributes to see how they'll work out.

White Mage

The White Mage utilizes magic attacks, like Zelda. However, her speed is much faster than Zelda's. She's also heavier than Zelda (even heavier than Peach), but is still classified as one of the lightweights.

In terms of physical strength, the White Mage isn't very powerful. However, she does make up her lack of physical abilities with her powerful white magic spells.

Specials...

Holy Orb: The White Mage builds up white magic on her hands, and compresses the energy into an orb. She can hold the energy in place (like how Lucario can hold its Aura Sphere), enabling her to move around freely. The orb grows bigger as white magic gets added to it, and when it's at full power, the attack deals effective damage and knockback. If there isn't much white magic in the orb, the attack is very weak with little knockback.

Dia: The White Mage releases a white magic beam, which does decent damage. While its knockback isn't that strong, it can sends foes flying at low angles, which can be troublesome for those who fall fast.

Teleport: The White Mage teleports from one area to another. It deals no damage, and has a large range.

Barrier: The White Mage creates a barrier around her, reflecting almost any kind of projectile back at opponents. This move also possesses the ability to heal the White Mage for each projectile that gets reflected, so it works as a healing move as well. However, this move has no effect against direct attacks, so it's useless against those who lack projectiles.

Holy Judgment: The White Mage's Final Smash. She'll cast a high leveled Holy spell, which will not only protect her from attacks, but it will also display a special targeting cursor on the ground. The player can control the cursor in an attempt to catch the opponents. After 5 seconds, the spell will be released, with a large ray of light aiming at the cursor. Anyone caught in that attack will take heavy damage, and be sent flying. This move can easily make KOs on small battlefields. It can also go through walls, just like Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend.

Black Mage

Like the White Mage, the Black Mage also relies on magic attacks in battle. However, unlike the White Mage, he is a bit on the slow side, despite being tied with the White Mage's weight.

Also, the Black Mage's physical strength is much weaker than the White Mage's, so he's at a major disadvantage without his black magic spells.

Specials...

Fire Blast: The Black Mage performs a fire spell, which releases an orb of fire at opponents. He can charge up the attack to make it do more damage, but he can't hold onto the energy (just like with Ike's Eruption). If fully charged, the Black Mage will automatically release the attack.

Thunder Shock: The Black Mage performs a lightning spell, and fires it horizontally. While the move does decent damage, its knockback isn't that strong. However, it does send foes flying at low angles.

Teleport: Oddly, this Black Mage does possess a white magic spell, which is used for recovery. However, unlike the White Mage's Teleport, the Black Mage's creates a small explosion upon reappearing, which can damage those who are too close to him.

Quake: The Black Mage casts an earth elemental spell, which causes the ground to shake near him. The attack radius is large, but it has the most impact when opponents are real close to the Black Mage. From a distance, the damage is weak with hardly any knockback. At close range, however, the attack sends foes flying vertically, dealing good damage during the process.

Meteor Storm: The Black Mage's Final Smash. He'll summon meteors to damage targets and send them flying. The meteors normally aren't large, but the final meteor that the Black Mage releases is quite large, though still smaller than the Final Destination stage. Anyone caught in that large meteor's path is not only heavily damage, but in danger of being KO'd as well. The large meteor will also explode upon hitting the ground, which adds to the damage. Unfortunately, this Final Smash can't go through walls, so it's rendered useless if the opponents are taking shelter in areas that have ceilings.
If classes going to make it in Fire Emblem has the priority for having Druids and Priests and Mages .... so many classes that have more varieties than those of FF...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

White Mage

Specials...

Black Mage

Specials...

What's with the pokemon attack names? Why not Firaga, Thundara, Warp?

For White Mage, I'd do something like this.

Cure: heals.
[B>] Reflect: acts like a Franklin Badge for a short time.
[B^] Warp: teleports you like Mewtwo.
[Bv] Float: decreases White Mage's gravity for a while.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Awesome stage that will never happen: Tetris. Fight as the blocks fall. Avoid getting crushed. Bonus: It could be possible for somebody to actually play the Tetris game using the "new controller" during the fight.

Never going to happen though, although, given the fact that Tetris music was in SSBB, maybe Nintendo does still hold some rights....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom