• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed any demands for character creations prior to SSB4? I saw a few people over the year wanting it.

Also, would anyone here like to see Crono in SSB4? Granted he has very little chance, but I just want to see if people really want him in. Honestly, he would be great for SSB4 and would serve as a nice surprise from Square to all it's fans of Chrono Trigger.
Chris the Ripper said:
But....it seems like a good idea.Instead of hopeing for one your favorite character to be in ssb4,you can create something similar to tha certain character.....
I wouldn't hope for a character creation that makes your character similar to Mega Man.
Starphoenix said:
There are Smash Bros trolls even on Capcom Unity? Is there no end to them?! It is like they all spread out from Gamefaqs and fester.
Trolls suck. When it comes to trolling lulzworthy people, I'm okay with that. This is a different story when it comes to my favorite franchise and my favorite company, although I try to ignore the trolls in that case.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
As far as Mario stages, there are four that I want to show up:
Starship Mario
Bowser's Castle
Kingdom III (SMB3 retro level)
And a Paper Mario level.

There's nothing else that comes to mind that's needed beyond those.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That is what my next stage concept should be, Paper Mario. Or maybe I'll wait until Paper Mario 3DS is out before I begin speculating? Hmm...

There's nothing else that comes to mind that's needed beyond those.
A better Metroid Prime stage...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A better Metroid Prime stage...
I meant for the Mario series. Yeah there should be new stages for the other series, but I meant Mario there. :glare:

But I do agree that a Metroid Prime stage is needed, and I have been saying for a while that it should be Skytown. Could be paired with a Other M stage in either the Biosphere or the Pyrosphere. :V

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I meant for the Mario series. Yeah there should be new stages for the other series, but I meant Mario there. :glare:

But I do agree that a Metroid Prime stage is needed, and I have been saying for a while that it should be Skytown. Could be paired with a Other M stage in either the Biosphere or the Pyrosphere. :V
Well excuuuuuse me princess!

If we get an Other M stage it will more than likely be the Geothermal Powerplant where you fight Ridley.

Geothermal Powerplant
Skytown http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12894563&postcount=3
Norfair (returning)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well excuuuuuse me princess!

If we get an Other M stage it will more than likely be the Geothermal Powerplant where you fight Ridley.

Geothermal Powerplant
Skytown
Norfair (returning)
Ehhhh, I'd rather that not be the stage personally. And if it were, we'd probably get Frigate Orpheon as the past stage instead, since the Geothermal Powerplant is sort of similar to it. Sort of.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Also, would anyone here like to see Crono in SSB4?
I know I would die to see Crono in SSB4. But my expectations for that to happen are around.... 0,00000001% since SQUEENIX stopped aknowledging the series for some reason.

I know I stopped supporting him when Chrono Trigger wasn't even in their product/game timeline. How sad is that?

I also stopped supporting Crono because of the idiot CEO saying that Chrono Trigger DS didn't sold very well, so how come we keep asking for Chrono Trigger 3... Well sheesh, who ever expects a 15 year old game to sell full retail price in this day and age?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ehhhh, I'd rather that not be the stage personally. And if it were, we'd probably get Frigate Orpheon as the past stage instead, since the Geothermal Powerplant is sort of similar to it. Sort of.
I don't want it either but you know we are going get it... The developers have some kind of lava/acid fetish when it comes to Metroid stages.

Pieman0920

Smash Master

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just because its in that DoA game doesn't mean it will be in Smash! Hopefully

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110209190003/metroid/images/5/57/Biosphere_Central_chamber_HD.jpg

I really would prefer it just being there. Maybe its just the acid/lava fatigue. :(
I'm just going by the history of the stage selection for Metroid. Plus it does represent a rather important point in the story... Yes I'd rather have Biosphere too, I'm just thinking that is unlikely. I have no doubts Norfair will be the returning Metroid stage, so hopefully we don't see a double dip in the lava/acid stages.

JUST GIVE ME SOME OUTSIDE ATMOSPHERE DANGIT!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually, you know what Metroid stage I'd really love but probably won't happen? The surface of Crateria cira the start of Super Metroid. It'd be awesome. All stormy and rainy with jagged cliffs and the Gunship in the center. They could also make it New Prok City or Temple huge or tunnels that led underground (with plenty of areas where you'd just fall and get KO'd of course, so people don't just get stuck down there forever. Yeah it'd probably get banned from competition, but it'd be sweet, in my humble opinion.

To tell you the truth, Metroid is probably one of the series that has probably the most pottential for awesome stages, though it will never be able to get more than two out at a time, and Sakurai seems to associate it with Lava/acid which is dissapointing because it limits things.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Cool, is there any other Fansites/Petitions for Other Characters to be in SSB4?!
The only reason this one is significant is because is because it is Capcom's official board. We have big wigs who go through and check the threads every now and then. They see it at like 400+ replies they'll have to notice.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I do like the idea of the location of the Ridley fight from Other M being a stage. I mean, say this for Other M: it had some interesting locations, especially considering it all took place on a ship.

SteliKingOfSpeed

Smash Cadet
The only reason this one is significant is because is because it is Capcom's official board. We have big wigs who go through and check the threads every now and then. They see it at like 400+ replies they'll have to notice.
Yeah, sorry about that I forgot to click the Link first I just wantend To immeadiatly (spelt wrong) find out LOL! :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess to add to the stage discussion: I've been playing Chibi-Robo!, and if Chibi-Robo doesn't make it as playable, hopefully he could get a stage. Would love fighting on a coffee table with 10 cm characters, with a weirdo family watching and reacting. When you fall off, you'd fall into a trash can. :p

AND FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, I made a RATHER CONSERVATIVE roster with minimal bias. (lolNess)

If anything you should be impressed with how well I made character placement work. Took way too much time figuring out the best locations for each character. (That's actually kind of a fun part for me when making rosters... :V) Anyway, that's 44 slots, 48 total playable characters, with 12 newcomers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I've had a couple of ideas about a Bowser's Castle stage.

It takes place in Bowser's boss room SMB and NSMB. There's the platform above the lava which is walk-off on the left, a solid platform to the stage's right that's walk-off to the right, and a fair amount of decently-sized floating platforms. Every so often, the axe will spawn on the solid platform. Grabbing destroys the entire base stage, save the solid platform, which respawns a little later.

There's also a bunch of windows in the background, through which the Koopalings appear to throw hammers or cast spells.
Yes, this would the best idea ever.

I feel all antagonists such as Ganondorf and Wolf should also get an iconic stage that represents them well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I never understand why there are rosters that take away Ike and Lucario, yet add in Isaac and Saki. Oh well.
More like, Ike was replaced with a future lord, while Lucario was replaced with Zoroark(/Victini THOUGH I MADE NO DISTINCTION).

As for Isaac and Saki, do you want newcomers or not. :V

OmegaXXII

AND FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, I made a RATHER CONSERVATIVE roster with minimal bias. (lolNess)

If anything you should be impressed with how well I made character placement work. Took way too much time figuring out the best locations for each character. (That's actually kind of a fun part for me when making rosters... :V) Anyway, that's 44 slots, 48 total playable characters, with 12 newcomers.
I guess that number of character looks very reasonable but...

Where Ike and Ray MK I from Custom Robo??!!

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Roster's good, except I think Ike should stay in with a new FE character. Not sure about masked man replacing Ness. Pit needs a rep, and so does DK.

Omega, ray's in there. Bottom right corner

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess that number of character looks very reasonable but...

Where Ike and Ray MK I from Custom Robo??!!
UNFORTUNATELY, I'm not sure that Fire Emblem would get three characters, and I'm kind of going along with my own little idea that we'll see a future Lord. Marth isn't going anywhere, so I had to cut Ike. u3u

And you have Ray Mk. III. Does the model number matter that much? :V

Mishudo said:
Roster's good, except I think Ike should stay in with a new FE character. Not sure about masked man replacing Ness. Pit needs a rep, and so does DK.
Masked Man over Ness is a case of my own bias, I'm afraid. :p To have both Ness and Lucas is kind of boring, and you can't have Lucas without the Masked Man, so I booted Ness. As for Medusa, I can see Sakurai's humility getting in her way. For K. Rool, I can DKC just being neglected as usual. u3u If it were a 46 slot roster, I'd probably put them in. :3 (OR SUKAPOOON)

My general view is to expand the franchises that NEED expanding, while adding more new franchises.

(Are people not noticing the Mii in the middle there? Is that not... controversial? :V)

OmegaXXII

UNFORTUNATELY, I'm not sure that Fire Emblem would get three characters, and I'm kind of going along with my own little idea that we'll see a future Lord. Marth isn't going anywhere, so I had to cut Ike. u3u
Well I won't say that Ike is out of the picture just yet, sure his series of games may have sold the worst in Japan, but him being the last recent protagonist of the series still makes him relavent.

As for a new FE Lord, I believe we'll only see one if the new FE gets close to finished during SSB4's development, otherwise we just might get stuck with Ike or another past FE rep.

And you have Ray Mk. III. Does the model number matter that much? :V
Yes it does because the MK I Model is the original one, that's like saying you want to see original Megaman, but Battle Network version of him shows up instead.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
More like, Ike was replaced with a future lord, while Lucario was replaced with Zoroark(/Victini THOUGH I MADE NO DISTINCTION).

The issue is that you replaced older characters with newer ones here, but you didn't have Matthew and Isa. And if its for nostalgia reason, it doesn't make much sense why you'd have Ray mk 3 instead of 1.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The issue is that you replaced older characters with newer ones here, but you didn't have Matthew and Isa. And if its for nostalgia reason, it doesn't make much sense why you'd have Ray mk 3 instead of 1.
Oh, okay. That makes more sense. If I could put it in a list format, I'd have said Isaac/Matthew and Saki/Isa. Making a picture on MS Paint to convey that thought would take more time than I'm willing to give, lol. That's really... the only reason. :V

OmegaXVII said:
Yes it does because the MK I Model is the original one, that's like saying you want to see original Megaman, but Battle Network version of him shows up instead.
Then I'll just say I think we'll have a Ray, and leave it at that. lol.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The silhouettes may also be an issue for team battles. The only sources that you'll get are the equipment. Of course, some silhouettes are pitch-black.

Anyway, like I said before, Mr. G&W would be the only character who does not have a silhouette form; the white outline helps.
What do you think of this?

I would like to add on to your idea by listing the highlights of the silhouetted characters:

-Mr Game and Watch remains black, but he can have an outline that matches his player color. For the default color he can have a white outline.
-Yoshi's white cheeks (and belly), spine, saddle and shoes can be highlighted. Yoshis have differently colored shoes.
-Bowser's hair and shell
-Kirby's shoes. The grey Kirby can have his skin highlighted, and that's it. All alt kirbies' UpB swords will glow.
-ZS Samus's suit and hair
-Pika's red spots; the accessories of his alternate costumes can glow.
-Jigglypuff's eyes. Her alternate accessories behave like Pika's. This can distinguish teammates.
-Olimar's suit and Pikmin can glow.
-Falcon's helmet, gloves and boots.
-The PT's hat and shirt can glow. Squirtle's eyes and shell, Ivysaur's bulb, razor leaves and vines, and Charizard's stomach and wings can glow.
That's all I have for now, and GREAT STAGE IDEAS!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

You people don't understand..... Sakurai is taking SSB to a new direction adding characters won't be the measure step neither new stage his going to work more in gameplay.... and Ike is the most recent Lord he has more potential than any Lord in Fire Emblem series and if you were hoping for Fire Emblem 13 it doesn't seem that it's even in works.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Miis seem very likely. I mean very very very likely. I'd say they or it or whatever is the most likely character for the next Smash. I mean honestly, everyone talks about relevancy for series that are barely known by the general public, or secondary or even third tier characters from popular franchises, but everyone keeps ignoring Nintendo's biggest new "franchise" this generation. :/

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
For all we know, the Mii might be our WTF character this time around. I actually wouldn't complain, either.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I think Miis would work best as a Fighting Mii Team.

Wonder what the odds of seeing Kalas are? Baten Kaitos has a odd state of dual ownership, Nintendo funded the games and published Orgins, plus owns Monolith Soft now, though the IP itself seems to be NB owned (at least mostly).

Kalas would be a pretty cool character. While directly a sword fighter (dual wielding, though Kalas uses his dagger to block primarily), the game's battle system provides interesting options, like summoning trees and animals, or throwing rotten fruit at people, to round out the moveset, plus his unique finishers.

edit:

Oh wait! I got an idea! Finally show the face behind Master/Crazy Hand

It's you! Remember that photo the game asked you to take via uPad camera for your profile?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You people don't understand..... Sakurai is taking SSB to a new direction adding characters won't be the measure step neither new stage his going to work more in gameplay.... and Ike is the most recent Lord he has more potential than any Lord in Fire Emblem series and if you were hoping for Fire Emblem 13 it doesn't seem that it's even in works.
Of course we understand that. We just know he's going to add more characters too, lol.

Also, unless Fire Emblem suddenly died as a franchise, it is safe to assume one is in the works. It'll probably be announced that they're working on it later this year, or at the latest next E3, and you'll probably be playing it next summer. Unless they'll take longer due to it being for the 3DS for some reason.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I think the next FE character would be from an unreleased game (FE13) given this hasn't even started.

OmegaXXII

True, but even if the latest FE is in the works, do really believe a rep will be most likely represented? We can't say for sure but I know Ike isn't certaintly going to be forgotten so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom