• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is how we satisfy everyone.

Link=Skyward Sword
Zelda/Sheik=Twilight Princess
Ganondorf=Ocarina of Time
Toon Link=Four Swords/Spirit Tracks

Problem solved.:)

Jonas

Smash Champion
Well, I don't think they differentiated those three enough. Look at Akuma, compared to Ryu and Ken, he has an air fireball, a teleport, a demon flip, and low health. That kind of diversity wasn't expanded on the best with Falco and Wolf.
If Fox and Falco are Ryu and Ken, Wolf is definitely Akuma lol. While Fox and Falco are more different than people give them credit for (both in Melee and Brawl), Wolf is just a completely different type of character. You could call Akuma a shoto, but it doesn't actually make much sense to call Wolf a "spacie."

As for Falcon and Ganondorf, their moves look similar (sort of) but they feel completely different, and their gameplan with spacing/combos etc. are nothing like one another.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
My theory :

The two Links begun after SSBM ....

we had:

Adult Link : Representing OoT

Young Link : Representing MM

the ending of OoT were two endings one that ends with Link being Adult and the other that ends with Link getting back to his Young self to live the seven years of his life that he missed out on where it has a sequel which is Majora's Mask.

In SSBB we had 2 incarnation of Link :

TP Link : It's presumed this Link follows the ending of the Adult Link from OoT.

WW Link : It's presumed this Link follow the ending of Young Link from OoT.

For SSB4 we will have:

SS Link : He is the first of all the Links,Skyward Sword is the Premium Prequel to all the Zelda games.

what we saw since Melee all we recieve from Zelda were sequels for 2 split Time lines.....(DS games don't count because they are not considered a measure Zelda titles)....but now we have a Prequel which is before the split timeline existed.....(you can figure it out from the art direction of Skyward Sword it combines WW with TP).

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Don't bring up the Zelda timeline. :glare:

Wind Waker acknowledges the adult Link, as well as the seven sages, so that interpretation is off

Anyways, I'd bet that Toon Link is going to show up again. He's pretty much the definitive "child" Link at this point. He's had two games since Brawl came out, and Nintendo hasn't forgotten him, as evident by those 3DS card thingys.

Of course that doesn't mean he should come back still as a clone. There's plenty of items that Toon Link could use in order to seperate himself from the impending Skyward Sword Link, who himself could change a bit too with his new items.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Blah blah blah.SSB4 could have the coolest characters ever,but if the new modes arent good good then the whole game will bomb.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Don't bring up the Zelda timeline. :glare:

Anyways, I'd bet that Toon Link is going to show up again. He's pretty much the definitive "child" Link at this point. He's had two games since Brawl came out, and Nintendo hasn't forgotten him, as evident by those 3DS card thingys.

Of course that doesn't mean he should come back still as a clone. There's plenty of items that Toon Link could use in order to seperate himself from the impending Skyward Sword Link, who himself could change a bit too with his new items.
I'm sure about what I'm saying and remember we had character interaction in SSE which put the bases on the SSB storyline which seem is going to happen ,where Toon Link didn't exist on any of the cutscenes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Fox and Falco are Ryu and Ken, Wolf is definitely Akuma lol. While Fox and Falco are more different than people give them credit for (both in Melee and Brawl), Wolf is just a completely different type of character. You could call Akuma a shoto, but it doesn't actually make much sense to call Wolf a "spacie."

As for Falcon and Ganondorf, their moves look similar (sort of) but they feel completely different, and their gameplan with spacing/combos etc. are nothing like one another.
Ganondorf's current moveset looks like something that Black Shadow would be implementing. After all, Black Shadow utilizes dark magic too, and is Captain Falcon's biggest enemy.

For Ganondorf himself, make him a sword user, like I've mentioned before.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Blah blah blah.SSB4 could have the coolest characters ever,but if the new modes arent good good then the whole game will bomb.
Needs a brand spanking new Halo/CoD styled FPS mode complete with realistic bloom and brown effects. :awesome:

Actually, I'd love it if they had an alternate mode where you can use a updated Nintendo Cossover version of Star Fox Assault's third person shooter multiplayer

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm sure about what I'm saying and remember we had character interaction in SSE which put the bases on the SSB storyline which seem is going to happen ,where Toon Link didn't exist on any of the cutscenes.
Then by your standards, Jigglypuff and Wolf should be scrapped too. Sorry, but that's a lame excuse.

I'm just sad that we won't get a Young Link with Goron mask, Zora mask and Deku mask haha.
That would be as hard as trying to implement Deoxys's four forms into one moveset.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I kind of really doubt that they'll continue SSE's story, even if Sakurai decides he wants another big story mode. Nintendo isn't fond of continuity.

But what point are you trying to bring up with Toon Link not existing in it, anyways?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I'm a couple pages late but ****, just throw in Roy with Ike. Why remove Ike if you want to include Roy. Except this time, make Roy and his teh ph1r3z actually useful. Essentially a buff.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I kind of really doubt that they'll continue SSE's story, even if Sakurai decides he wants another big story mode. Nintendo isn't fond of continuity.

But what point are you trying to bring up with Toon Link not existing in it, anyways?
My theory :

The two Links begun after SSBM ....

we had:

Adult Link : Representing OoT

Young Link : Representing MM

the ending of OoT were two endings one that ends with Link being Adult and the other that ends with Link getting back to his Young self to live the seven years of his life that he missed out on where it has a sequel which is Majora's Mask.

In SSBB we had 2 incarnation of Link :

TP Link : It's presumed this Link follows the ending of the Adult Link from OoT.

WW Link : It's presumed this Link follow the ending of Young Link from OoT.

For SSB4 we will have:

SS Link : He is the first of all the Links,Skyward Sword is the Premium Prequel to all the Zelda games.

what we saw since Melee all we recieve from Zelda were sequels for 2 split Time lines.....(DS games don't count because they are not considered a measure Zelda titles)....but now we have a Prequel which is before the split timeline existed.....(you can figure it out from the art direction of Skyward Sword it combines WW with TP).
This is the point read it before you judge.

D

Deleted member

Hey Hoots, put this in your signature. You've always wanted one.
Starphoenix said:

Link=Skyward Sword

Problem solved.
*clap hands*

Each major game gets fair representative. Just make them all unique and I won't need anymore from Zelda.
Chris the Ripper said:
True, but even if it's excellent in other ways, if the roster sucks, people will not buy the game. People talk about the roster extensively for a reason.
Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Ganondorf's current moveset looks like something that Black Shadow would be implementing. After all, Black Shadow utilizes dark magic too, and is Captain Falcon's biggest enemy.

For Ganondorf himself, make him a sword user, like I've mentioned before.
This is the only reason why I would be okay with Black Shadow as a second rep., but also why I prefer Samurai Goroh to Black Shadow.

Chris the Ripper

Who said anything about SSE even being in SSB4?The will be a new story mode,but Nintendo is trying to create one that makes more sense than brawl's storymode.Itt wont even be called Sub-Space.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Link=Skyward Sword

Well, in my opinion, the designs of the characters in tloz will be based on all SS, Exeter Sheik and Ganon. I like the design link in the TL, they may be based TL wii u:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrocXHMRns0

As Toon Link, he'd better get out, basically it means nothing. Ghirahim (mainly) or perhaps Vaati would be good choices.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm just sad that we won't get a Young Link with Goron mask, Zora mask and Deku mask haha.
I personally would have preferred Skull Kid over Young/ Toon Link, everybody keeps making a big deal about these two, I honestly do not find them that different aside from looks of course, just being that Toon Link could offer a bit more uniqueness.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I take it you don't like Majora's Mask? That would be pretty freaking awesome, no matter how out dated the concept is.

While Fox and Falco are more different than people give them credit for (both in Melee and Brawl),
While I understand that their playstyle isn't identicle, that hardly qualifies them as being very different in Melee. Mario and Ganondorf, they're different in Melee. I also can't tell if you are justifying clones, or simply stating facts? Do you like Clones/"Luigified" Clones?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
@xXIke-SamaXx:

Accoding to time line theorists, WW Link follows the Adult Link ending and TP Link follows the Young Link ending.
@Sonic_Poke:
Vaati isn't likely and Ghirahim is probably a one-shot villain.

Chris the Ripper

Hey Hoots, put this in your signature. You've always wanted one.*clap hands*

Each major game gets fair representative. Just make them all unique and I won't need anymore from Zelda.True, but even if it's excellent in other ways, if the roster sucks, people will not buy the game. People talk about the roster extensively for a reason.This is the only reason why I would be okay with Black Shadow as a second rep., but also why I prefer Samurai Goroh to Black Shadow.
Really both go hand in hand to make a good game

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@xXIke-SamaXx:

Accoding to time line theorists, WW Link follows the Adult Link ending and TP Link follows the Young Link ending.
@Sonic_Poke:
Vaati isn't likely and Ghirahim is probably a one-shot villain.
Lol my bad got them mixed anyways it doesn't defeat the point because the Split doesn't exist in SS. Don't underestimate Ghirahim the next SSB is going to be heavily based of Skyward Sword.

Chris the Ripper

Wait a sec.If Nintendo wanted to move away from the other ssb's,why would they bring back old characters?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Link=Skyward Sword

I wish Toon Link had a different Final Smash where he splits into four Links like he did in Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. It would be like Ice Climbers but with four characters. That's all I am asking for, at least. :urg:

I think we will see Zelda as she appears in Skyward Sword but she transforms into Sheik as she appears in Ocarina of Time but with some slight modifications to make her look like she came from Skyward Sword. That's what happened with Sheik in Brawl... As for Ganondorf, I think he will take the Sheik routine as well. I think it would be pretty cool if he was stylized after Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I wish Toon Link had a different Final Smash where he splits into four Links like he did in Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap. It would be like Ice Climbers but with four characters. That's all I am asking for, at least. :urg:

I think we will see Zelda as she appears in Skyward Sword but she transforms into Sheik as she appears in Ocarina of Time but with some slight modifications to make her look like she came from Skyward Sword. That's what happened with Sheik in Brawl... As for Ganondorf, I think he will take the Sheik routine as well. I think it would be pretty cool if he was stylized after Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.
You are thinking ahead we barely have anything to base of from Skyward Sword other than the fact that the Wii will be marked as a one Link console.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why do people keep coming back to the arguement whether Toon Link or Young Link gets in? It's just an art style but they are essentially the same character. There will be a child Link and he represents all the games with child link in it (Which is most of the Zelda Games). So if you're going to make a moveset look at all the games and not just the latest one.

The problem with De-cloning "Child" Link is that both Links use the same weapons in each game. The only thing you can argue is that one Link uses certain items more than the other (e.g. child Link uses boomerangs more while adult Link uses hammers more). Every weapon is based off of a series of weapons and usually they give him the most recent editions to them (regular boomerang to Gale boomerang).

I think will have to settle with Child Link being the Mini-Me of Adult Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom