• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of Latin choirs, this song needs to find its way into the next Smash game (no it's not One Winged Angel).

Pandora's Tower - Boss Batte

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I get what Kumo was saying though. Like they are supposed to be you. You are right they would have a lame moveset. I've never liked the idea of it, although I get why people like the idea.
I don't really care much for the idea either, but I can really see it happening easily; Miis have gotten into other games, and if Sakurai really wants to work on the customization it's difficult not to picture the miis getting in. What a character is or was supposed to represent is not an argument.

Besides, I think Link kind of stopped being a link to the player. If Nintendo was trying to do that nowadays he'd look more plain, have less backstory, would probably change appearance and would have a female version, ala Pokemon. He might have started as a link to the player but he's his own person now.

Of course, that's a whole 'nother argument.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I know who old oSo is, he's abandoned muscle man for the big fat panda I see . I was just trying to be comedic for the moment. Interesting how references are taken so seriously around here.
still bringing personal deals with em

I hope the wacky cartoon art style makes a comeback, I just don't think the franchise is so epic to sport a coliseum feel. Nor am I so big on Latin tongue orchestras. One can only hope.
You know who ELSE abandoned muscle man for the big fat panda?....

Anyways, I preferred Brawl's menu. I think the original's menu was horrible and I liked Melee's but I felt like Brawl's was just really polished and pleasant to look at.

Concerning opening cinematics, I thought Brawl's was an absolute cop out. I know he worked hard on the terrible SSE, but it is no excuse to recycle the movies for the opening. I agree that Melee's custom opening was fantastic and perfectly captured Smash and all the franchises in it. I'd love a unique opening again.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I actually prefer the pastel color. I get migraines and red-eyed easily, so it was easier on my eyes.
The color is probably a very important arguement that I've been making since we had the "Super Smash Bros Strife" pic come up. Thye darker looking game, gives off a hardcore/lets duke it out feel, and they intentionally went pastel because Nintendo was looking for a "Hey gran some friends and lets have a little fun". While the grabbing some friends part is awesome, the fact that it was casual, not so awesome.

I'm personally hoping for some painty splashy background or some interesting theme, like MvC3 was comic book and SFIV reminds me old Japanese paintings.

Moms like this word. That shouldn't be the major demographic to please!!

Also, the Mii's could have different moves, based on their weight/height? I've always liked that idea.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
It doesn't necessarily have to have a neon tone in it for it to appeal to hardcore fans.

They might have just been trying to help people like me, who get migraines easily, or even more photosensitive people. Super speedy action and rapid transition between dark colors and bright colors can trigger migraines. So for me, the pastel colors and the floatiness was a godsend, even though I understand why it would bother more competitive players.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Menus? Is that what you guys were talking about? I feel embarrassed I thought we were talking about art styles.

You know who ELSE likes cartoony art styles?

If you're talking about the theme song or menu theme, I'm gonna have to bring Iblis in here with his different strokes puns...
Well I was discussing pallete choice originally. Guess it just descended into menus. Cannot help that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Reyairia

Smash Champion
There isn't such thing as a bad art style, so long as you learn the basics first.
The problem is when it's suitable. You don't want to have a cartoon look in a dark game, and you don't want to have super high graphics in a game aimed for children.

Of course there exceptions, like Nintendogs and Final Fantasy or whatever, but you get my point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, what about Online achievements in Smash 4?

We could have achievement points and everything. Maybe even some kind of rewards for getting harder achievements or multiple achievements

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There isn't such thing as a bad art style, so long as you learn the basics first.
The problem is when it's suitable. You don't want to have a cartoon look in a dark game, and you don't want to have super high graphics in a game aimed for children.

Of course there exceptions, like Nintendogs and Final Fantasy or whatever, but you get my point.
Colours actually play a very large role in how your mind processes an object. Not just games but in general. For games, and Smash Bros, a good pallete of colours can set the mood for the entire game. Just compare:

The difference between the two is obvious.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Colours actually play a very large role in how your mind processes an object. Not just games but in general. For games, and Smash Bros, a good pallete of colours can set the mood for the entire game. Just compare:

*insert evidence*

SEE. I'm no kook. That's why I liked the strife screen image.

Reyairia

Smash Champion

I'm not saying otherwise, but I really hope they don't go back to Melee style graphics simply because I'd like to enjoy a game without getting addicted to painkillers. :p Graphics do mean a lot but they don't make a game. We should all know that as Nintendo fans after all.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not saying otherwise, but I really hope they don't go back to Melee style graphics simply because I'd like to enjoy a game without getting addicted to painkillers. :p Graphics do mean a lot but they don't make a game. We should all know that as Nintendo fans after all.
Graphics don't, but colours can. If Nintendo has been good at one thing it has been utilizing colour to supplement pure pixel power. Which is why games such as Wind Waker, Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Mario Galaxy and others will always never age as poorly such as their 64 predecessors.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
When I mean graphics I include colors in it too.

My point still stands. Nintendo doesn't want to turn off people who are prone to migraines, and I think they should keep it that way, even if it may appeal less to competitive gamers. If they want to do exactly that, which they seem to want to do more judging by this year's E3, there are other ways to do so.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

My point still stands. Nintendo doesn't want to turn off people who are prone to migraines, and I think they should keep it that way, even if it may appeal less to competitive gamers. If they want to do exactly that, which they seem to want to do more judging by this year's E3, there are other ways to do so.
Graphics make something look nice

Colors manipulate emotion reactions

Edit: Technically graphics can too, the definitions are too arbitrary

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I'm just being picky, usually when the term "graphics" comes up online it is in reference to pixel count and resolution.

I don't know if their choice in coloring has as much to do with migraines as much as it does with this label they seem to fear now. As, Miyamoto I believe, stated in an interview when asked about why the Wii U is white again and not coloured like the Gamecube. He mentioned that during the Gamecube era they received much denigration from developers due to the coloring of the GC. The perception was the system was seen as nothing more than a toy, "kiddy". To be taken more seriously they streamlined the Wii's design, broadening its appeal and lessening potential stigmas.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
When I say graphics, I mean anything that is purely visual; art style, patterns, shapes, etc. Sorry about the confusion.

That's odd; weren't you guys just saying that the graphics of Melee felt like it was more a competitive, serious game?

In terms of the Gamecube, I figured it was the shape of the console, not the color, that made it look like a toy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I say graphics, I mean anything that is purely visual; art style, patterns, shapes, etc. Sorry about the confusion.

That's odd; weren't you guys just saying that the graphics of Melee felt like it was more a competitive, serious game?

In terms of the Gamecube, I figured it was the shape of the console, not the color, that made it look like a toy.
That reminds me, at one time Nintendo marketed their system as a toy because no one was willing to buy a video game console after the industry crashed

Barbasol

Smash Ace
You're thinking of R.O.B.. After the video game crash, retailers didn't want to sell game console hardware. R.O.B. was an NES accessory that looked like a toy so retailers weren't so hesitant to stock it... With ROB as their foot in the door, game makers were able to stock other games and hardware too. And so, this one little robotic operating buddy saved the video game industry... or so the legend goes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're thinking of R.O.B.. After the video game crash, retailers didn't want to sell game console hardware. R.O.B. was an NES accessory that looked like a toy. ROB convinced them to stock video game consoles again... and saved the video game industry... or so the legend goes.
Yes, but they used ROB to convince US stores that the system was a toy

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The Mario series has always been colorful, perhaps a little too colorful at times, but it's a good thing.

Ever since starphoenix introduced me to THIS I've been hooked, Im seriously am considering importing it.

LoL.. Chris the Reaper got banned

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Okay I know it is rather late, but I want to know why almost everyone wants to give Ganondorf a sword. He has plenty of other qualities that don't involve a sword. His entire moveset could be taken from OoT alone.

I want SSB4 to be a lot more colorful than Brawl. It was too realistic & bland IMO.

OmegaXXII

Okay I know it is rather late, but I want to know why almost everyone wants to give Ganondorf a sword. He has plenty of other qualities that don't involve a sword. His entire moveset could be taken from OoT alone.

I want SSB4 to be a lot more colorful than Brawl. It was too realistic & bland IMO.
I agree completly, Ganondorf has a variety of power spells he could use, plus his brute strength can also be utilized.

The reason I believe as to why people want Ganondorf with the sword is because it makes him look cool and evil, personally I wanted to see him with a Sword, but then I realized that Smash already has a good number of Sword users, and I'm afraid that if Sakurai gave him a sword he would be an Ike clone rather than Falcon, which is why I agree with using dark magic based moves instead.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Him having a sword makes more sense than being a captain falcon clone.
If I had to choose between a clone or a sword, I would of course choose a sword. But I just don't understand why people would choose a sword over a new moveset that focuses on him being a wizard instead of some sword-master. He has only used a sword in two games I believe.

I agree completly, Ganondorf has a variety of power spells he could use, plus his brute strength can also be utilized.
Yes.

OmegaXXII

Lets talk Namco. . . any thoughts? Do Nintendo and Namco have any sort of good relationship? I'm not a fan of a lot of Namco Franchises, but I really really do like Soul Caliber, and I also think Nightmare/Cassandra would fit in nicely.
Nintendo and Namco Bandai definitely have good relations, if you saw Nintendo's conference you would have heard about the new Tekken game for Wii-U.

And.....Soul Caliber characters in Smash? Well I must tell you that as much as I love those two I think Pac-Man would stand a better chance than those two, personally I don't like Pac-Man.

As for Soul Caliber, I would pick Ivy or Nightmare, Cassandra meh.... even if they are unlikely. :(

You aren't the only one. a lot of the veterans on this thread care about gameplay a lot. It's just not really fun to talk about. Plus all the newer members go nuts with characters, so thats where we stay most of the time.
Actually, I'm an SSB veteran but I care about both gameplay and characters.

You see me discussing more about the characters because most of the time, it's all about characters.
Ook F**k you guys who dog on me when infact I'm not talking to you. Secondly,Im glad I don't have knowledge about useless things. I never look up such information as game history. All you Megaman fans might want to change your expectations or you will be disappointed
Isn't that the other way around?
........:facepalm:....omfg! You guys started with me! I didnt even say anything to that other guy! He came out of nowhere with "You're wrong,blah blah blah,ima ignore you,blah blah blah" So doesn't his earlier comment count as flaming?
You had to say F.U.

No need for words.
@CTR He's contributing to the thread while you're replying 283957 times with your pointless ****. Post something that adds to the conversation. Or don't post. lol.

OT: Anyone else think Bowser Jr's stage could be his airship? I don't think it'd really turn out like Pirate ship. There could be random times when a goomba/koopa might walk out, or something.

His Final Smash could be something like Yoshi's Island where Kamek turns him huge and he's in the background.
Airship over Delfino imo for jr.

Anyone thinking about Shiek's final smash?
Smart post about chris
Overkill?

At least he's banned.
You aren't?

I can't tolerate his stupidity o_o
:facepalm: I just want a Human Smoke gif. I don't see u trolling the guy who wanted a Halo one
At least Drake and Chief have a better chance than Goku but all of them won't appear in smash 4.
Did people not see my P. Mario moveset? :(
Just lead me to the moveset then I'll post it in my moveset list. Don't worry. Credit will be given to you :)
Meh, this doesn't really affect me much. I just knew this would happen, so unless things get beyond the mod's control, I'll be sticking around until release date or later. If I can handle GameFAQs, I can surely handle this.
Chris is nothing compared to Game FAQ.

I didn't have the power to register.
They're smart :p

[COLLAPSE="Suicune Moveset"]
Suicune​

Suicune is one of the most iconic legendary Pokemon. It has spurred a movie, and even it’s own spot as #1 legendary in Pokemon Crystal. She is one of the handful of Pokemon in HG/SS who has their own storyline and plot that at it’s climax leads you into a dramatic battle. For the reasons above, I see Suicune as a forerunner of the Second Generation.

Speed: Close to the speed of Peach

Strength: Weaker than average.

Jump: Similar to Ganon’s in Melee

Type of Attacks: Her moves have are made up of half closer range, while other half have varying lengths (About as long as Mewtwo’s tail bair)

Her Moveset:Suicune’s moveset will really focus on utilizing Raindance’s special effects, and ledge guarding. I was planning on going all out, but I think you get an Idea of how her moves will work themselves into a playstyle.

USmash – Tailwind sends a gust of wind that lift’s Suicune into the air. She can be lifted straight up, slightly to the left, or the right. When this move is used and an enemy is near they will be pushed back by the uplifting wind.

Smash – Mist can be used up in three different spots on the field. Each spot is about the size of one and a half Bowsers. Mist’s effect will make those spots slippery to opponents, as well as strengthen any sort of Water/Ice type moves. If the opponent is hit with Hydro pump, or by the gust coming from tailwind, the “Iced ground will send the opponent sliding backwards. Blizzard will have a freezing effect that last’s longer.

Mist’s goal: With Blizzard, the longer your opponent is frozen, the more time you have to rack up his %. With Hydro pump your opponent will slide (possibly off the ledge) where you can use Dsmash or tailwind to keep them from recovering.

FSmash - Hydro Pump is a simple power move. Suicune lacks strength behind her attacks, so this move is her saving grace. A forward blast of water hits your opponent, pretty simple. The move has decent knockback.

DSmash – Blizzard another simple move, your opponent becomes frozen. It works in air as well as on ground.

Other significant moves:
Fair: Suicune swipes her paw, with water surrounding it. After using this, the left over water drops, acting as either a weak attack for opponents on the ground., or a “mini footstool” for aerial opponents that pushes them slightly lower. If the opponent is low enough, they could miss their chance to recover.[/COLLAPSE]

Sorry, He's more or less new and I was posting all the veterans of the old SSB4 thread. SSBF is defnintely smart, he just has a weak spot for this thread (like me) and doesn't leave when things get derpy!

Splice is on, be back in a few. Haaavvvve fuuuuun~
I was in both SSB 4 and this one. It's just that I went in the SSB 4 discussion before the thread got locked which was like 1 month after my first time there.

What has happened for the past pages!? Chris got his stupidity written all over this thread.

About Paper Mario, he's a great candidate honestly. He's not gonna be a clone. I can't see him being a clone. Why? Well, look at his arms and legs. This is what you guys should have said against those Paper Mario clone dudes.

I got a post from the first pages of the thread
*has flashbacks to SWF during the pre-Brawl speculation era*.......

I'm gonna hide in my bunker now. . .
Keeping it here.

Alice over here has a point about the **** that happened in the pre brawl speculation. So guys, imagine Game FAQs plus 100x Chris when the trailer and dojo releases. Ffff-----

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

I agree with this opinion. Ganondorf isn't consistant with the weapons he used. He has used a single sword, dual wielded, and the trident. The only consistant style of fighting is that he's a magic user. I preferrably think that it make Ganondorf more BA looking if he didn't use a weapon but has it to show off.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Why no love for Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman or Hogans Alley. Excitebike and Polar bear from iceclimbers too.

Some flashgun shooter stage could be fun. The Wild Gunman thugs coming out of tavern to shoot players, players hunting for the Ducks or getting damaged for hitting civilians or keeping a can in the air.

Zapper could be a boss too

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So reading this thread has really turned into sifting through Chris's posts which make up half of the posts? I would suggest some sort of chatroom for you.

Edit: He got banned as I was writing my post? Oh happy day! What are the chances?!
YO WHO GOT MY SON BANNED LOL??

Now I kinda miss him. . . :(
Actually I don't. I was fine with him until he moved to the actual Brawl forums and started being stupid there.

edit: that ****in ****** is finally banned.
I would get a "Happy Days" video but it's too early in the morning.

OMG. Seeing them so close dog...I really look at the melee screen and feel like I'm about to get into something serious. Now that I think about it me and almost everyone in the tourney scene changed the texture for the Brawl background. It might have to do with the colors. I never though of that.

I use this though

A
Chris is nothing compared to Game FAQ.

I got a post from the first pages of the thread

Keeping it here.

Alice over here has a point about the **** that happened in the pre brawl speculation. So guys, imagine Game FAQs plus 100x Chris when the trailer and dojo releases. Ffff-----
Stop lying. There can't be people worse than him. Well at least you'll have entertainment from me popping off on them LOL

Back to Star though, I also disliked how some stages were so damn bright yo.

Look at this compared to one of my favorite textures for it.

I use this one now

and this one is new but I think DK fans would like it

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eh... I hope I'm not late on this, but, SHORTIE, was your idea to have a group of people suggest characters, then each one votes for which characters they think should be part of the roster? Then, say, only the top 44 are the wieners. If there were too many TIES near the end, there could be another vote for who should get the boot out of them.

Democracy is always cool. :V

ANYWAY, about the Miis, I think they're failry likely, and I suppose I wouldn't DISAGREE with them being in the roster. I wonder if they would make Smash-style models for your Mii to be converted into? (Y'know, that sort of realistic look) It would look SO VERY out of place if they didn't do something like that.

As for the menus, apparently the Brawl menus were lifted from Kirby's Air Ride, SOOO lets have some Kirby's Epic Yarn menus for Sm4sh. Yehs.

YO WHO GOT MY SON BANNED LOL??

Stop lying. There can't be people worse than him. Well at least you'll have entertainment from me popping off on them LOL
SSB Fan did. I think. He said he reported him.

Well, either way, I'm ready for 2013. I hope. Your conversation with him was epic. I can't believe you played with him :awesome:

Miis. I'm indifferent to them

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why no love for Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman or Hogans Alley. Excitebike and Polar bear from iceclimbers too.

Some flashgun shooter stage could be fun. The Wild Gunman thugs coming out of tavern to shoot players, players hunting for the Ducks or getting damaged for hitting civilians or keeping a can in the air.

Zapper could be a boss too
I don't know about playable characters but I would like to see an Excitebike or Duck Hunt level. I also think the Ray Gun should look like the NES zapper too.

I really like the Mii idea. You have a lot of potential for custom characters. You could make all sorts of characters that wouldn't have a chance in Smash. With Wii Sports titles they have a lot of potential of movesets or you can have their movesets customizable. A lot of cool things can be done with Mii's

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
or they could just make an original menu....

and yeah berserk, I'm used to people like Chris, he reminds me of my younger cousins on how the way he argues and the such. So I knew what exactly to do LOL.

I'm looking forward to 2013. I'll graduate from HS and I'll have the time of my life in this forum.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Don't try to take my colors! I like the superhappyfunfun color scheme (for stages anyway, dont really care about menu). there are darker Metroid and such stages if you can't bear the light

I'm really confused. I always thought SSB is about the casual fun of having all sorts of bright Nintendo characters battle in their iconic usually bright locales with the flashy powerups. Never thought someone would like to turn it into moody dark Metroid/Zelda style and super competitive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following is a long post. Look inside the collapse box to see it.

Nintendo. Better. Make. The. GameCube Controller. Compatible. With. The. Wii U. Or. Else. People. Will. Rage.

Had to do it. Anyways, the controller shown at E3 would look very awkward to be playing ANY smash game with. :/
If you haven't followed the first set of posts, the Wii U does not have GameCube support. Not that it matters on my end, since in the long run, the only Wii game that I use the GCN Controller for is Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

ok so heres my roster. i'll put up more information later. but anyway:

Mario Universe
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Paper Mario (Yes he shou;ld be in, and no he is not a clone!)

Donkey Kong Universe
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong
8. King K. Rool

Zelda Universe
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Sheik
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link

Metroid Universe
14. Samus
15. Zero Suit Samus

Yoshi Universe
16. Yoshi

Kirby Universe
17. Kirby
18. Meta Knight
19. King Dedede

Star Fox Universe
20. Fox
21. Falco
22. Wolf
23. Krystal

Pokemon Universe
24. Pikachu
25. Jigglypuff (get rid of her please!)
26. Mewtwo
27. Mudkip/Treecko
28. Grovyle/Marshtomp
29. Blaziken
30. Lucario
31. Zoroark

F-Zero Universe
32. Captain Falcon

Earthbound Universe
33. Ninten
34. Ness
35. Lucas

Fire Emblem Universe
36. Marth (can we take this guy/girl out?)
37. Roy
38. Ike

Kid Icarus Universe
39. Pit
40. Magnus

Wario Universe
41. Wario

Golden Sun Universe
42. Isaac/Matthew
43. Felix/Garet/Tyrell

Pikmin Universe
44. Olimar

Ice Climbers Universe
45. Ice Climbers (no broken chain grab now.)

R.O.B. Universe
46. R.O.B.

Game and Watch Universe
47. Mr. Game and Watch

Third Party
48. Sonic
49. Snake
50. Megaman (forget ryu, megaman deserves this more.)

i'll post information at a later time.
Paper Mario: He'd be classified as a Paper Mario franchise character. The 5th Mario franchise slot would probably get Bowser Jr..

Zelda & Sheik: Separate entities? Doubt it.

Samus & ZSS: Separate entities? Doubt it.

Pokemon: Unless the Pokemon Trainer returns, don't expect the 3rd generation starters to be playable.

Ninten: I really don't know about this person.

Roy: His role in Melee was for advertisement purposes.

Magnus: Not exactly deserving enough.

It is amusing how Brawl's menu resembles that of Kirby Air Ride's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom