• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just want Adventure Mode to be reduced to:

"Choose your character"
and go through a bunch of Nintendo inspired lands, and fight familiar enemies with him/her.

It sucked that I couldn't play as Sonic from the beginning of SSE for example, or Samus, or ROB. By the time I COULD play as them, I didn't want anything to do with the SSE again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

"Choose your character"
and go through a bunch of Nintendo inspired lands, and fight familiar enemies with him/her.

It sucked that I couldn't play as Sonic from the beginning of SSE for example, or Samus, or ROB. By the time I COULD play as them, I didn't want anything to do with the SSE again.
Melee's Adventure Mode was way too repetitive in that you had to play it up to 25 times (once for each fighter) in order to unlock everything.

The Subspace Emissary removed that issue, even though you weren't given the option to use whoever you want all the time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just realized. With the release of OoT, and the potential to remake MM we might be able to see some old school 64 Zelda stuff in the game. Now if only they unveil MM between now and Smash 4 trailer. Skull Kid for Smash 4?
No, I would rather have a Young Link who transforms into Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link (in that order like Pokemon Trainer) with a Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash.... the catch? Young Link himself is not playable, you only see him on the character select screen and before-match entrances and end-match victory poses and taunts where he takes off his mask for a moment.

D

Deleted member

No, I would rather have a Young Link who transforms into Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link (in that order like Pokemon Trainer) with a Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash.... the catch? Young Link himself is not playable, you only see him on the character select screen and before-match entrances and end-match victory poses and taunts where he takes off his mask for a moment.
This is much better. There is no reason why Young Link should be a clone of Link, he and Ganondorf should be completely unique in SSB4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm... I wouldn't mind Mewtwo being a Pokéball Pokémon for Giovanni. It isn't as though his down special is worth missing. But if we are going to get an "enemy" trainer it will be N. Besides being the most recent he also happens to have one of the most fleshed out personalities in the entire series. Not exactly sure who his Pokémon would be, but I do know we'd definitely see Zoroark.
N's Pokemon? How about Zoroark, Reshiram (the white fire-dragon), and Zekrom (the black electric-dragon) with Victini as Final Smash? Zoroark is the star of the 13th movie while the other three are the stars of the 14th movie.

I still hope that Meowth will be playable this time, though... it is the only 1st gen Pokemon (who is not Pikachu) that is still relevant in the anime and shows up in all 14 movies.
Also, hoping that Sakurai's love for cats may influence him to add Meowth. LOL

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Master Rapier

And the butthurt fans can create a Geno Mii when Geno is unplayable. :troll:

PG-13

Smash Cadet

"Choose your character"

YES. You get a little tired of using mario and pit, and when you see snakes box, guess what. No snake for you until later.
Honestly I think they could just shorten the SSE and let you choose the character to run through the whole thing with that character, and have a different final boss and ending depending on the character.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well, people seem to be in the mood of posting good music for the game, so here are my choices for a Wario Land-type stage.

Virtual Boy Wario Land - Level 6 Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfK0os19gck
Wario Land 2 - The Journey Home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWXGPA86rM
Wario Land 2 - One Noisy Morning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muOCZiIcJY4&feature=related
Wario Land 3 - Credits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH70CwY__Ms&feature=related
Wario Land 4 - Title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocrNBs09Ao
Wario Land 4 - Toy Block Tower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWj37eplLKc
Wario World - Greenhorn Forest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxA33Jw61Kg
Wario Land: Shake It - Neon City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJHcrWzBOM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Wario Land: Shake It - Mount Bighill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqUXvTOHzg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

D

Deleted member

N's Pokemon? How about Zoroark, Reshiram (the white fire-dragon), and Zekrom (the black electric-dragon) with Victini as Final Smash? Zoroark is the star of the 13th movie while the other three are the stars of the 14th movie.

I still hope that Meowth will be playable this time, though... it is the only 1st gen Pokemon (who is not Pikachu) that is still relevant in the anime and shows up in all 14 movies.
Also, hoping that Sakurai's love for cats may influence him to add Meowth. LOL
That would be absolutely perfect. It would solve the debate between Zoroark and Victini and let us play as both along with two other legendary Pokemon characters. I would definitely support something like that.

Also, I agree that Meowth should be playable, however, I'm not sure if I want him more, Mewtwo to return, or Lucario to keep his position.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
That would be absolutely perfect. It would solve the debate between Zoroark and Victini and let us play as both along with two other legendary Pokemon characters. I would definitely support something like that.

Also, I agree that Meowth should be playable, however, I'm not sure if I want him more, Mewtwo to return, or Lucario to keep his position.
Neither Mewtwo, nor Lucario will return. Zoroark will be in their place.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'm totaly agree with that, Meowth can represent very well something very important in pokemon: the bad guys (i consider Mewtwo as a good guy since the end of the first movie and he represent better legendary pokemon than team rocket) and the rival of Pikachu.
He even have some appearance in video games: Pokemon yellow, Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Puzzle league and maybe SSB, SSBM and SSBB.
I support him since Melee but never find a moveset for him, do you have an idea ?

D

Deleted member

Neither Mewtwo, nor Lucario will return. Zoroark will be in their place.
I could go on about why I think it is not impossible for Mewtwo/Lucario to return, but this will lead to pointless quibbles, so we'll just agree to disagree.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm totaly agree with that, Meowth can represent very well something very important in pokemon: the bad guys (i consider Mewtwo as a good guy since the end of the first movie and he represent better legendary pokemon than team rocket) and the rival of Pikachu.
He even have some appearance in video games: Pokemon yellow, Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Puzzle league and maybe SSB, SSBM and SSBB.
I support him since Melee but never find a moveset for him, do you have an idea?
Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?
Here's a move set for Meowth.

As much as I like the guy, he may be important, but IMO there are more deserving pokemon that should take his spot instead like Victini for example, I feel Mewtwo deserves it way more even though his chances aren't that good anymore due to Zoroark, besides he isn't as popular as he once was.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As long as I get some Pokemon Trading Card Game music, don't care what they do with the Pokemon series.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
One flaw I just realized in the Zoroark theory we all have.
One of it's core tenants is that Zoroark is the big marketable pokemon of G5. He was in a movie shortly before B&W were released, for example, much like how Lucario was for G4.

But what if that changes over the next two/three years before SSB4 is released? Genesect hasn't been "officially" unveiled yet by Nintendo, and so is presumably going to be featured in a future movie. That would mean it would become the "hot" Pokemon in marketing.... and Genesect looks VERY "smashable".

D

Deleted member

What do people think of this idea?

During a Final Smash, when it starts, there is a close-up view of the Final Smash taking place.

For example, take Sonic. When he turns into Super Sonic, the camera close up on him as he transform. The screen returns to normal as the Final Smash continues. Then when it ends, we get another close-up of Sonic returning to his normal form. I just think this would be a neat idea to implant.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

Here's a move set for Meowth.

As much as I like the guy, he may be important, but IMO there are more deserving pokemon that should take his spot instead like Victini for example, I feel Mewtwo deserves it way more even though his chances aren't that good anymore due to Zoroark, besides he isn't as popular as he once was.
Great moveset for meowth, as a team i can see him with wobbuffet and mime jr./cacnea, and yes i'm aware than meowth's chance of being in the roster are low.

Yes, I wouldn't mind mewtwo since he was in SSBM and was nearly in SSB and SSBB.

I'm an anti-humanoid pokemon so I go with Victini (if I want to play as a humanoid animal I play as a star fox caracters =p )

What do you tink about the trio Pansage, Pansear and Panpour (represent two of the new way to fight in Black and White: Triple battles and Rotation battles) ? We need moar monkeys

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

During a Final Smash, when it starts, there is a close-up view of the Final Smash taking place.

For example, take Sonic. When he turns into Super Sonic, the camera close up on him as he transform. The screen returns to normal as the Final Smash continues. Then when it ends, we get another close-up of Sonic returning to his normal form. I just think this would be a neat idea to implant.
You mean cutscene type attacks like SF's Ultras? I've thought about it before, but the problem is that this isn't a one on one fighter only and if certain attacks involve traveling extensively horizontally or vertically, that's gonna mess things up for the rest of the players not in the Final Smash.

I'm still all up, though, for Final Smashes being instant kill moves with certain conditions:
1. All your meter must be available (just go along with this).
2. There can only be two people remaining.
3. The opponent must have 100+% damage.

Steam

Smash Hero
if it's cinematic everyone can just freeze. think of CF's final smash in brawl.

and Mewtwo deserves a spot more than meowth. but that's in my biased opinion

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Sounds a bit too distracting in my opinion. Plus, other players would like to know what they're doing and prepare before possible impact.

OmegaXXII

One of it's core tenants is that Zoroark is the big marketable pokemon of G5. He was in a movie shortly before B&W were released, for example, much like how Lucario was for G4.

But what if that changes over the next two/three years before SSB4 is released? Genesect hasn't been "officially" unveiled yet by Nintendo, and so is presumably going to be featured in a future movie. That would mean it would become the "hot" Pokemon in marketing.... and Genesect looks VERY "smashable".
Well, while we might be anticipating another gen of pokemon or even a movie for that matter you still have to take into effect that SSB4 development will start shortly in October, which means he may be planning a roster just as he did before Brawl development back in 2005 which was at least 2 and half years before the game was released, by that time Lucario had possibly been considered, and if the game is to be released with 2 and a half years time then that may be the case, of course there may be exceptions to that rule.
With the exclusion of Sonic who was demanded heavily the entire roster of characters may have already decided upon back before Brawl began.

D

Deleted member

You mean cutscene type attacks like SF's Ultras? I've thought about it before, but the problem is that this isn't a one on one fighter only and if certain attacks involve traveling extensively horizontally or vertically, that's gonna mess things up for the rest of the players not in the Final Smash.

I'm still all up, though, for Final Smashes being instant kill moves with certain conditions:
1. All your meter must be available (just go along with this).
2. There can only be two people remaining.
3. The opponent must have 100+% damage.
Yes I do mean something like SF's Ultra, even thought I have never played the game.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well, while we might be anticipating another gen of pokemon or even a movie for that matter you still have to take into effect that SSB4 development will start shortly in October, which means he may be planning a roster just as he did before Brawl development back in 2005 which was at least 2 and half years before the game was released, by that time Lucario had possibly been considered, and if the game is to be released with 2 and a half years time then that may be the case, of course there may be exceptions to that rule.
With the exclusion of Sonic who was demanded heavily the entire roster of characters may have already decided upon back before Brawl began.
Well, it is the Smash Bros. team; I'm sure they have access to certain Nintendo classified information such as Genesect's description and powers. Considering that the Pokemon only needs to be announced at this point, he seems ready for the Smash team to integrate into the game whenever it releases. Considering that this movie featuring Genesect probably has to wait until production on the other film/films finish, his movie's release could actually be timed close to the next Smash Bros. (Then again, I'm not aware how long it takes to create each Pokemon film, so who knows.)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Tbh it looks like living proof of Pokemon is running out of ideas and are cranking out bad designs...but anyways I guess it can be in for advertising like Roy was.

OmegaXXII

Well, it is the Smash Bros. team; I'm sure they have access to certain Nintendo classified information such as Genesect's description and powers. Considering that the Pokemon only needs to be announced at this point, he seems ready for the Smash team to integrate into the game whenever it releases. Considering that this movie featuring Genesect probably has to wait until production on the other film/films finish, his movie's release could actually be timed close to the next Smash Bros. (Then again, I'm not aware how long it takes to create each Pokemon film, so who knows.)
The only thing that can be said is, if Genesect is being considered before SBB4 development between Nintendo and Sakurai then we might actually see some kind of involment concerning Genesect, I believe if they go so far as to promote it before development even begins then we might just have a shot at it, but I still think it wouldn't affect Zoroark in any way since he's pretty much the movie guy right now.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
The only thing that can be said is, if Genesect is being considered before SBB4 development between Nintendo and Sakurai then we might actually see some kind of involment concerning Genesect, I believe if they go so far as to promote it before development even begins then we might just have a shot at it, but I still think it wouldn't affect Zoroark in any way since he's pretty much the movie guy right now.
What about Victini? Wouldn't he be the movie guy since his movie is coming out in less then a month?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Victini is definitely a possibility too, although I have to wonder if it's a little too.... cute.
If they added characters like Yoshi and Jigglypuff into the game, then I doubt anything is really too cute for Smash Brothers.

He is, honestly though, a little odd-looking for a legendary Pokemon...

By the way, earlier in this thread people were complimenting someone's Victini moveset. I could not find any links to it and my searches turned up blank, so can anyone provide me where the moveset is? Thanks.

OmegaXXII

What about Victini? Wouldn't he be the movie guy since his movie is coming out in less then a month?
Yes of course, I wasn't aware of it, but like I mentioned earlier, if any Pokemon deserves it better than Meowth or Mewtwo it's definetly Victini, and with that upcoming movie, it's just a possibility.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Meowth might make it to next Smash, maybe looking at the fact that he's been said to be cut and cut and just cut from every Smash so far due the time constraints.

Of course, I want him in so bad.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The link to Victini -> http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12716637&postcount=76

My response V

Ok so I read Victini

and....why is he soo broken? I like the moveset overall but the special effects assumed knockback is stupid. Not even Ike can kill at 50% percent even if the opponent doesn't DI and momentum cancel.

Up-tilt is broken as hell too LOL, It takes like 1.5 seconds (sometime around that I read in another thread) for your shield to regenerate a phase and if the shield is at lowest possible it takes a good 14 seconds for it to regenerate all the way. So going off Utilts description that's soo ********, not only does it do significant shield reduction (that part is not really a problem. See: Marth's shield breaker) but it also misplaces my shield so even if I try to shield tilt I'm open to cross-ups until my shield goes back to 100%? Nahh that's not going to come across well competitively and casually. It defeats the whole purpose of shielding. Don't give the well just spotdodge/dodgeroll crap either, everyone knows you aren't going to spotdodge/dodgeroll on reaction to everything.

It didn't give what the possible framedata for it would be so I'm assuming the normal speed type character's frame data and it being somewhere between 4-10 frames. The human's natural reaction time is around 14 frames. So that makes the move even more broken if you were to be pressured into a situation where shielding looks like the best option.

This Utilt is not the only problem I feel like I can go for ever about it actually. Let's try, so let's say you try to cover the option of Victini trying to Utilt you, so you Jump OoS (Out of Shield) it's side B (Flare Blitz) completely denys Jumping OoS as an option because of the mechanics behind Flare Blitz that I read from. What makes even worse Flare Blitz is the move that kills you at 50%.

Ftilt's timer needs to be severely reduced to about 40 frames because that's ridiculous to chased around by a projectile. You are forced to cover the option of being hit by Ftilt for three whole seconds. That's 180 frames. Not only that but now I read you can use it a move end lag canceler? What is this. I was enjoyed with this now I'm disappointed.

Wtf. Why does it kill so damn early? I understand maybe one or two moves on a speed character being a heavy hitter. (See: Fox's Usmash). Is Victini going to be slow start up framewise or ending lag wise? If not this a definite NO, as a moveset or character.

WOOOOW, Dair kills at 80%, and Victini has a 8% Super Armor while in start up frames? Wooww that's pretty gay. Let's look at another move. Hmm. I like Uair it's pretty different. Too bad about 80% of this moveset is broken LOL. More moves need to look Fair tbh, it mentions having a noticeable start-up with some serious knockback...oh look it kills at 70%.

More knockback usually means bigger shield reduction,

ALL of this would be a lot more legit, if I didn't have to worry about covering the most obvious broken move on this moveset. Utilt. SO, I'm stuck waiting for my shield to come back to 100% until it's an actual viable move, because cross-ups are going to **** me for shielding all day. Not to mention most of these other moves if I were to shield would perfectly keep my shield from ever reaching 100%
LOL someone teach me how to bracket.

EDIT: @The Mewoth thing - There isn't any data what so ever on any smash game of Mewoth.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Thanks Iblis for the link, but reading your post now... hmm... not so sure if I should bother reading the moveset. ;)

Anyways, I've onticed in the past that each game has added two retro characters - one available at start, and one hidden and usually a "WTF" character. What do people want for the next two new retro characters?

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, on topic, how exactly does everyone want Adventure Mode (a.k.a. the Subspace Emissary) handled next time? I've read that some people would prefer a return to a more Melee-type Adventure Mode, while others preferred Brawl's more story-based mode. So how exactly do you want Adventure Mode designed next time?

Personally, if I designed Adventure Mode, I'd base it mostly off of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, but with some changes. The most obvious modification would be the lack of those generic SubSpace enemies and locations. I'd replace them with real Nintendo enemies and areas. Who wouldn't want something like Samus invading a Space Pirate base, or Donkey Kong kicking Kremlin butt in his own DK country?

The biggest chance overall, however, would a less linear storyline more focused on the individual characters. For example, when you select Adventure Mode in the start screen, you're presented with the character selection screen. Let's say you pick Olimar. Now, when you enter Adventure Mode, you're not just playing the next level with the given character options in one linear storyline. Instead, you would play as separate characters, and the levels would revolve that particular character's side of the story, and would continue until a certain point.

At a point, obviously, all the characters do meet, and you can just select the character you want to play as. But early on, selecting a character means playing their part of the story.

This probably took too long to explain one idea, but I have a bad habit of letting things drag on. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying.
K I highly doubt this but I can dream.
How about instead of SSE, in the next game each character obtains their own adventure mode.
Where you go through their own story, own enemies, and find own alliances (maybe unlocking new pokeballs and AT's).

and then at the end they have their own unique boss, let it be an existing character or a boss unique to their game. Like Ness fighting Porky as his final or Mario fighting Bowser, or Ike fighting Black Knight.

Just a thought :L

YES. SO MUCH.
By far my most favourite LoZ game, and it offers such a unique character to be played!

reserk

Smash Cadet
Meowth might make it to next Smash, maybe looking at the fact that he's been said to be cut and cut and just cut from every Smash so far due the time constraints.

Of course, I want him in so bad.
well i rather have meowth than jigglypuff thats for sure. if not i rather get pichu back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom