• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't try to take my colors! I like the superhappyfunfun color scheme (for stages anyway, dont really care about menu). there are darker Metroid and such stages if you can't bear the light

I'm really confused. I always thought SSB is about the casual fun of having all sorts of bright Nintendo characters battle in their iconic usually bright locales with the flashy powerups. Never thought someone would like to turn it into moody dark Metroid/Zelda style and super competitive.
LOL, welcome to SWF. Home of competitive smash.

I can't argue with you at all unlike chris because you are just saying your opinions, but yes Smash has been VERY competitive since the beginning.

One thing I don't like about this new wave of people is. They all seem to have SSB in their name. Get some originality homes. Take that as you will.

or they could just make an original menu....

and yeah berserk, I'm used to people like Chris, he reminds me of my younger cousins on how the way he argues and the such. So I knew what exactly to do LOL.

I'm looking forward to 2013. I'll graduate from HS and I'll have the time of my life in this forum.
The problem with 2013 is the fact that we need to catch up with the pages and posts.

@Reserk: Awww... not the character rosters again.

I liked it better when we suggest lulzy characters like Nathan Drake

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Think of "ssbowns" as "The S. S. Bones" then. :3
Wut

The problem with 2013 is the fact that we need to catch up with the pages and posts.

@Reserk: Awww... not the character rosters again.

I liked it better when we suggest lulzy characters like Nathan Drake
NO. NO MORE CHARACTER ROSTERS. This thread has turned to something at least different for the moment. I'd like it to stay this way for at least a day. I like talking about the menus and stages LOL.

Also what do you guys think of this new Final D texture I ran across. I might use it now.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
LOL, welcome to SWF. Home of competitive smash.

I can't argue with you at all unlike chris because you are just saying your opinions, but yes Smash has been VERY competitive since the beginning.

One thing I don't like about this new wave of people is. They all seem to have SSB in their name. Get some originality homes. Take that as you will.
i didnt plan to make more than 2 or 3 posts here so i wrote what first came in mind

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Like a ship full of doctors looking at X-rays, or a bunch of animators making a skeleton for their CG characters, or maybe dress makers adding boning to their corsets.

Surely there is a definition thought of MORE READILY for a ship named "Bones."

Also, was that a Murasame Castle stage you posted back there? ANYWAY, on the subject of ...stage brightness? I guess I'd be disappointed if they weren't all that bright. If they all looked subdued it'd be pretty boring. At least make the stages reflect the universe they come from. What the hell, Mushroomy Kingdom? lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@beserker: Here is my P.Mario moveset, feel free to critique!! :)

First off, I think A attacks (smash attacks) would be somewhat similar to Mario but not by much... anyway here's what I think.

B: Hammer Throw
Throws a hammer forward. The hammer is thrown a little slower than Wolf's blaster and doesn't go quite as far, but does more damage.

>B: Fire Drive
A short-range attack. Paper Mario pulls out a flaming hammer and swings it in front of him. Charge by holding B.

^B: Paper Airplane
Turns into a paper airplane and flies upward. Similar to Meta Knight's ^B.
Alternate ^B: Tornado Jump
Three small tornadoes form around Paper Mario, allowing him to jump very high. Length of jump is similar to Mr. Game & Watch's ^B.

vB: Repel Cape
Paper Mario covers himself with a red cape, making him dodgy. Any attack received within a short period of time will be countered with a quick punch. Similar to Lucario's vB.
Alternate vB: Spike Shield
Paper Mario spins around, creating a blue shield of spikes around him that lasts about 1/2 second. Paper Mario is invulnerable during this time. Timing has to be just right, but does about 10% damage and some good knockback.

Final Smash: Showstopper
Mario stands in a defensive position as large stars come in from the background. These stars are larger, about 3 times faster, and do more damage than Andross' plates. There aren't as many, though. Once a star passes through an area, the area becomes a blind spot for about 7 seconds after the Final Smash has ended (nothing can be seen there; just black).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_An_p7DO8 (starts at 0:27)

ALTERNATE COSTUMES:
Red: Normal
Green: Wears L Emblem (Paper Luigi)
Blue: Paper Jumpman (blue shirt, red overalls)
Other 1: Wears W Emblem (Paper Wario)
Other 2: Wears L Emblem and W Emblem (Paper Waluigi)
Other 3: Paper Fire Mario (white shirt, red overalls)

TAUNTS:
Taunt 1: Paper Mario looks at the screen, gives a thumbs up, and then adjusts his hat.
Taunt 2: Paper Mario spins around and wags his finger toward the screen.
Taunt 3: Paper Mario jumps back a little while waving his arms in the air, looking surprised and startled.

He would somewhat inherit the Game and Watch feel but not by much.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Like a ship full of doctors looking at X-rays, or a bunch of animators making a skeleton for their CG characters, or maybe dress makers adding boning to their corsets.

Surely there is a definition thought of MORE READILY for a ship named "Bones."

Also, was that a Murasame Castle stage you posted back there? ANYWAY, on the subject of ...stage brightness? I guess I'd be disappointed if they weren't all that bright. If they all looked subdued it'd be pretty boring. At least make the stages reflect the universe they come from. What the hell, Mushroomy Kingdom? lol.
LOL they don't all have to be dark but there should be a balance imo. Also yes it was in the texture background.

Sonic Fanboyism

No one commented on the song link I posted.

Also on a musical note (my friends in and outside the smash community know I hate rock and I only listen to rap/jazz/R&B/other black music. I'm like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq4NeqOXZGc ) Why don't we have more music like this on smash? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69z_goLu30Q <- It's not black, I swear lol.

@beserker: Here is my P.Mario moveset, feel free to critique!! :)

Great moveset. Want me to handle the standard attacks?

Yeah iblis. The thread is WAY more peaceful with out the character discussions. I liked it better when all we did was checking out Star's stages and add-ons and discuss other aspects of SSB.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think the closest thing we had to that song was... Ridley's theme? BUT IN ALL HONESTY songs like that just wouldn't fit for Smash, unfortunately lol.

Now I think I'll go listen to some Metroid Metal... That reminds me, the Ending Theme from Metroid is sooo good, but they balls it up in Brawl somehow. It's so BORING.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
TBH, they could make a stage that fits the song and if they speed up the game mechanics (doesn't have to be melee speed) it would be perfect seeing how the song is of a faster pace.

OmegaXXII

Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?
That's one cool suggestion, Team Rocket definetly would be cool.

Also since they are suppose to work like Pokemon Trainer in the same aspect, I would give them a neutral B since that's used for switching, the overall attacks are nice though.

But... I'd suggest Giovanni instead, he may not be as popular as Team Rocket, but he sure is a bad*** antagonist.

His Pokemon would consist Persian, Nidoking and Mewtwo/Armored Mewtwo.

It would make sense to include Mewtwo as part of a set in case a new rep takes a solo spot. I'll have to cook up a moveset now...

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
That's one cool suggestion, Team Rocket definetly would be cool.

Also since they are suppose to work like Pokemon Trainer in the same aspect, I would give them a neutral B since that's used for switching, the overall attacks are nice though.

But... I'd suggest Giovanni instead, he may not be as popular as Team Rocket, but he sure is a bad*** antagonist.

His Pokemon would consist Persian, Nidoking and Mewtwo/Armored Mewtwo.

It would make sense to include Mewtwo as part of a set in case a new rep takes a solo spot. I'll have to cook up a moveset now...
It would be a 'terrible' antagonist. I need to see his moveset.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
As for the Mii's, I'm not a mega fan. They're all right, I mean they're nothing special and I'm not head over heels for them, but they're okay. I was hoping to implament something I've been thinking of doing, but this place has been far too chaotic to make a group-voted upon roster. A private discussion thread I'm part of has been doing it, and I was hoping to do one here(seeing as how the pdt is beyond dead at the moment)
I'd be willing to participate in it, now that things have calmed down.
Starphoenix said:
There probably isn't any correlation between the two. It was difficult enough for Retro to work on Donkey Kong Country Returns having to deal with the time difference. I'm not sure an even more high profile game would be any less strenuous. Not to say it isn't possible, but not likely. Chances are Retro is getting ready to begin another project, more than likely for the WiiU. Which is exciting on it's own! Please Metroid Prime 4 WiiU...
Personally, I'd prefer a new Star Fox or F-zero.
KumaOso said:
I hope you're not picturing me big and hairy, because I'm not.
If I did, that would be kind of disgusting. Yeah, I don't picture you as that at all.
Hoots said:
He got banned as I was writing my post? Oh happy day! What are the chances?!
Goes to show that if you aren't willing to behave, expect to suffer the consequences. Now things can return to "semi-normal"
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Lets talk Namco. . . any thoughts? Do Nintendo and Namco have any sort of good relationship? I'm not a fan of a lot of Namco Franchises, but I really really do like Soul Caliber, and I also think Nightmare/Cassandra would fit in nicely.
I don't think we need any Namco rep for SSB4, although I would be okay with Pac-man.
Starphoenix said:
Here is a thought, who wants another animated intro like the one in Melee?
I prefer Brawl's and 64's intro to Melee's. Let's just say that I loved the orchestration of Brawl's intro and the more intense 64 version. Not to say Melee's wasn't great, just not as good.
Starphoenix said:
Another minor thing Brawl changed was the color scheme of the menus. Up until Brawl the coloring was dark neon, in Brawl we have bright pastels. My "nit pick" of the day is going to be this, they should return to the darker color scheme they've had once before.
I've actually noticed a correlation between the consoles and the menu screen. I think we'll see a gray menu screen for SSB4.

OmegaXXII

Looks like they stopped making bad Kirby games like Yarn and are making something good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXN_0R_8WY

That new Kirby game looks awesome, hopey Sakurai will gives us new items from the series, I'm always looking forward to new franchise stages as well.

Like shortiecanbrawl mentioned a Dog Hunt Stage would definetly fit.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes I think a new, new Kirby stage would be cool. I've liked all the kirby stages in SSB (not to mention they all have been tourney legal).

Also that will be my first Kirby game I've bought in a while. (Still mad there isn't a Kirby Airride 2 LOL)

D

Deleted member

Yes I think a new, new Kirby stage would be cool. I've liked all the kirby stages in SSB (not to mention they all have been tourney legal).

Also that will be my first Kirby game I've bought in a while. (Still mad there isn't a Kirby Airride 2 LOL)
I would so go retro to buy all the old Nintendo titles I want if it weren't for Super Smash Bros.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Welcome anyways though, you are probably going to end up staying longer than you think.

Also on a musical note (my friends in and outside the smash community know I hate rock and I only listen to rap/jazz/R&B/other black music. I'm like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq4NeqOXZGc ) Why don't we have more music like this on smash? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69z_goLu30Q <- It's not black, I swear lol.
Damn son, you weren't kidding. I'm surprised I clicked on it because I absolutely loathe "black music"(no racist!). That song is awesome because it is done in the style of European power/symphonic metal and only a handful of games choose that style, instead opting for more traditional heavy metal. The thing about power metal is that its so much happening so fast the hooples tend to get overwhelmed and confused. I love the stuff, however.

Also, love the idea of Team Rocket being playable. Back in the day well over a decade ago I was the biggest Team Rocket fanboy. I stopped watching the anime into gen2, so I'm not that familiar with what has happened since then, but I feel like more generations could be represented in addition to Meowth. I know James had a Cacnea which is one of my favorite pokemons, so that would be cool.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I would so go retro to buy all the old Nintendo titles I want if it weren't for Super Smash Bros.
Haha same. I'd probably buy a Sega Dreamcast and get SA 1&2 again.

Damn son, you weren't kidding. I'm surprised I clicked on it because I absolutely loathe "black music"(no racist!). That song is awesome because it is done in the style of European power/symphonic metal and only a handful of games choose that style, instead opting for more traditional heavy metal. The thing about power metal is that its so much happening so fast the hooples tend to get overwhelmed and confused. I love the stuff, however.
It's cool, people have their musical opinions I'm aight with it lol. Yeah idk but I like Touhou music a lot. I have that song on my smashville, when I record and upload videos that song usually tends to be a favorite of my watchers lol.

Lol my brawl is so customized. I hope the same can be done with SSB4.

PG-13

Smash Cadet

A stage from the new kirby would be cool
Speaking of Kirby air ride, a stage from that game would be cool too, like frozen hillside or macheine passage or even a delfino plaza styled stage around city trial.
Now a want an Air ride stage...

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
i would like to see a stage where the players would fight on one of the vehicles (dragoon maybe)and the background would show the fp view of the track and the other racers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like to see a stage based on Sin & Punishment.
It HAS to be ON-rails (not literally).

Some of m choices would be.

-The Elevator (SP1) (Just an elevator with enemies dropping in)
-Blue Navy Raid (SP1) (Platform with dynamic background)
-Yokohama beach (SP1) (on rails stage of beach and city)
-Massive city raid (SP2) (On Rails barefoot stage)
-Water Tunnel (SP2) Hovering Platforms, water all around you (even walls and ceiling)
-Mt.Fuji Top (SP2) A Lava filled on-rails stage. With minecarts, ramming beasts, and more air raids.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I would like to see a stage based on Sin & Punishment.
It HAS to be ON-rails (not literally).

Some of m choices would be.

-The Elevator (SP1) (Just an elevator with enemies dropping in)
-Blue Navy Raid (SP1) (Platform with dynamic background)
-Yokohama beach (SP1) (on rails stage of beach and city)
-Massive city raid (SP2) (On Rails barefoot stage)
-Water Tunnel (SP2) Hovering Platforms, water all around you (even walls and ceiling)
-Mt.Fuji Top (SP2) A Lava filled on-rails stage. With minecarts, ramming beasts, and more air raids.
I think Blue Navy Raid would be the best stage by far from Sin and Punishment. That was awesome in the game and would make the coolest stage.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Also, love the idea of Team Rocket being playable. Back in the day well over a decade ago I was the biggest Team Rocket fanboy. I stopped watching the anime into gen2, so I'm not that familiar with what has happened since then, but I feel like more generations could be represented in addition to Meowth. I know James had a Cacnea which is one of my favorite pokemons, so that would be cool.
Wobbuffet

But yea Victreebel and Lickitung are way too unknown Team Rocket characters (But Growlithe is another possibility if so be). If anything Koffing or his second form should be the 3rd along with Arbok and Meowth. Giovanni sounds like a much more solid team and easier to pick. Nidoking, Persia and Mewtwo are his gang.

Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard
vs
Meowth, Arbok and Weezing
or
Persia, Nidoking and Mewtwo

As cool and iconic the TR team sounds I'd have to go with Giovanni for more epic and fairer match up.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@xXIblis: That is a way better menu than the official one, I thought you said you didn't know anything about wii hacks? Actually, it would be pretty neat if the next game had a customizable aspects to it.

LOL, that vid was too much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0mIDHaGbzo
I said I don't know what that one person meant by hacking as in B-/B+/Balanced Brawl/etc. when I said that I was referring to only hacking tourney related wiis for texture and music change like mine.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think Mii's can be really fun. Think about the characters you can create.

Miyamoto: Meet your Maker Mario.
Sakurai: I brought you into this world and I can take you out.
Upside Down Face Guy: Because you can
Hitler/Osama: Ideal punching bag characters
Captain N the Gamemaster: The original Smash character
Error: I AM ERROR.
Earthbound characters like Poo, Paula, Jeff: If you want.
Nester/Lark: Nintendo Magazine and Pilotwing ace.

And of course, you.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Problem is that Giovanni, like many Pokemon villains, has sort of disappeared (his event cameo in the GS remakes notwithstanding)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm... I wouldn't mind Mewtwo being a Pokéball Pokémon for Giovanni. It isn't as though his down special is worth missing. But if we are going to get an "enemy" trainer it will be N. Besides being the most recent he also happens to have one of the most fleshed out personalities in the entire series. Not exactly sure who his Pokémon would be, but I do know we'd definitely see Zoroark.

Also, got some new GIF signatures to share. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12930420&postcount=23

Sukapon, the MyUnit characters, and two oddball choices.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm new here. I primarily joined because I like speculating about Smash Bros. 4. I'll post my personal character roster eventually, but I understand the need to change the topic from characters for the moment, and I'm still working on it.

Anyways, on topic, how exactly does everyone want Adventure Mode (a.k.a. the Subspace Emissary) handled next time? I've read that some people would prefer a return to a more Melee-type Adventure Mode, while others preferred Brawl's more story-based mode. So how exactly do you want Adventure Mode designed next time?

Personally, if I designed Adventure Mode, I'd base it mostly off of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, but with some changes. The most obvious modification would be the lack of those generic SubSpace enemies and locations. I'd replace them with real Nintendo enemies and areas. Who wouldn't want something like Samus invading a Space Pirate base, or Donkey Kong kicking Kremlin butt in his own DK country?

The biggest chance overall, however, would a less linear storyline more focused on the individual characters. For example, when you select Adventure Mode in the start screen, you're presented with the character selection screen. Let's say you pick Olimar. Now, when you enter Adventure Mode, you're not just playing the next level with the given character options in one linear storyline. Instead, you would play as separate characters, and the levels would revolve that particular character's side of the story, and would continue until a certain point.

At a point, obviously, all the characters do meet, and you can just select the character you want to play as. But early on, selecting a character means playing their part of the story.

This probably took too long to explain one idea, but I have a bad habit of letting things drag on. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom