• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

After completely spoiling myself with Uprising info (didn't really plan on getting the game), I can wholeheartedly say Magnus>Palutena for Smash.

Come at me, bros.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@bread[]
It's supposed to be staryu

Pushmo should definetly get a stage. Dillon has enough abilities/items to be a full character but since that isn't too likely, yea he should get an AT over a stage. Although if the game were to get an AT I think I'd prefer a grock.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I bet people would say that he and Ike would be the same. Although Ike doesn't have a BFS. :awesome:

Well, TvTropes CLAIMS he does, but it also mentions that it's quite shrimpy to other BFSes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess a tower defense type of game would work well on a tablet controller? I bet he would AGAIN be an eShop kind of guy though.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yeah it's an update for after I posted that 60 character roster a couple weeks back. Sure it's a long stretch, but playable character predictions is only half the battle.
I'm sorry. There is never ANY excuse to add Leon Powalski to ANY roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

True that.

Magnus would be badass, he reminds me of Nightmurrrr from Soulcalibur for some reason
I want to hit you so bad right now.

Nightmare is nothing like Magnus. FURIOUS.

So, I've been looking at the newcomer pool, and has anyone noticed how much smaller it's becoming? I guess if you were smart, you would have seen this coming like Toise did, but a lot of you here DI (Like me, to an extent) believe some of the following characters were good candidates for SSB4. This is, Short's list of dead newcomers. A dead newcomer is someone who's star has fizzled, or recent findings/realizations has lead the ever slow majority to start reevaluating how important they are, or how Sakurai may feel about them. Let's start shall we?

Ghirahim: I called it from the beginning, but, some people really rallied(and still do to an extent) behind him. I think most however, have let the hype die, and the view that is NEWNESSSSZOMGGZZ finally revealed he's just a really cool, one shot. Does he have a chance, I suppose, as does anyone, but I call this myth, busted, this gay, rainbowless. No happy ending for him, IMO.

ON MY POLL (Gotta plug the plugs yo) Ghirahim started out ranked as 19th most popular newcomer, he dropped to 21st, then jumped to 17th, and atm is 18th. It's clear that even during his height of popularity, he didn't really make much of an impact. And, I forsee his number staying in the same zone, and by 2013, his numbers dropping on the 2013 poll.

Medusa: I always had a growing suspicion that KIU wasn't going to mean too much in terms of new characters, and in the past couple months, I feel like my suspicion was pretty much right. I think Sakurai's interest is lacking in Medusa (Casting her aside) and while I am willing to say I would MUCH RATHER see slithery Medusa be playable, I think we've all realized Palutena is, unfortunetly, KI's best shot at a newcomer, and even then, that ***** is on thin ice. Medusa is actually coninously beating out Palutena (And most other characters for that matter) on my poll, but the problem isn't how popular she is, I just don't think Sakurai thinks much of her, like the fans do. Medusa hit the poll at number seven (right behind Krystal, Little Mac, Isaac, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo) She eventually dropped to her PERMANENT home at ninth (Megaman and Toad passed her up). So it's not the lack of fan interest that kills her in my mind... it's the over assumption that Kid Icarus Uprising was going to mean a lot in terms of new potential characters, AND her treatment in the game that shows me, that Sakurai doesn't care TOO much for her. Lastly, Palutena showed up in Brawl, she's much more prominent in the new game, and I even have maor resevations about her. This *****, is dead.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Keyword: Reminds ME of Nightmare

The blade that Magnus wields reminds me of Soul Edge, which I associate with Nightmare so that's the first thing that popped up in my mind

Someone could say that Mewtwo reminds them of Falco (just an example) and I wouldn't be mad. Chill out lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm interested in your reasons.

I'd add Krystal first, to be honest. I think the actual series is complete, but if we have extra space... Plus, she's a NOTABLE female, even if not the ultimate fan favorite. The staff also helps.(who cares if Fox used it, she can still use it)

Alternatively, Fox goes pure staff in SSB4. That's also acceptable. It would make him more interesting, and the other characters less clonish.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Hey if I see one more Diddy Kong post with Impa in it, I'm gonna force you to all listen to me wanting King Boo for the next 1000 pages.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey if I see one more Diddy Kong post with Impa in it, I'm gonna force you to all listen to me wanting King Boo for the next 1000 pages.
...Sadly he's a much more important character. He's the main villain of Luigi's Mansion and may be Bowser himself.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Diddy as to see this,and realise,if he says it's stupid,idk,we ignore ALL what he says!
Whoa, calm down, dude. I know he's annoying and trolls, but take a chill pill.

It's as simple as ignoring any really dumb statements from anyone. And only reply to the logical ones for legitimate discussion.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
guys, shhhhh. diddy hasn't been a pest for the last, like, 20 pages. don't tempt him.

so i heard from a reliable Source that digimon are eligible as third-party characters. not enormously probable, maybe, but entirely possible. as digimon and pokemon co-owned a good portion of my childhood, i can say with absolutely no irony that i'd be thrilled with a digimon addition.

it'd be better than hamtaro, anyway.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Where'd this even come from? I couldn't find the word impa in any post on the last 3 pages with 40 posts per page.

@shortie
That will continue to happen as things get put into perspective. Characters seem to explode in popularity pre game or during the inital launch window but slowly shrink when we realize theyre not as good as we thought/ really bland.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Maybe we won't get anyone as playable newcomers from Kid Icarus

I could easily see Palutena staying as an NPC and having her own in-game codecs like Snake and the space animals do, while Medusa gets in as in Adventure Mode boss or just a trophy

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon originated as Video Game characters and have a few Nintendo appearances, DS and GameCube. Possibly GBA. So yep, eligible. However, getting in over Pac-Man, Nightmare, or any Tales Of character... not so easy.

@MO: I hope we get atleast one Kid Icarus guy. However, getting one from Killer Instinct... :grin:

D

Deleted member

guys, shhhhh. diddy hasn't been a pest for the last, like, 20 pages. don't tempt him.

so i heard from a reliable Source that digimon are eligible as third-party characters. not enormously probable, maybe, but entirely possible. as digimon and pokemon co-owned a good portion of my childhood, i can say with absolutely no irony that i'd be thrilled with a digimon addition.

it'd be better than hamtaro, anyway.
This is true. Technically, Digimon started off as a Tamagatchi variant.
People normally associate the series with the anime though, which is where the misconception comes from about how they are "inelligible".
It'd perfectly reasonable to see Agumon or Greymon as a candidate (most well known of the old pet simulators), but a Digimon rep is not all that requested, nor is one likely due to all the competition it has as well as the misconception about it being inelligible.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh, with the fact that
she's a boss battle, and apparently gets to fight in part 2 of her anime short
I'd say that Palutena has a better shot at being playable. Plus, its not like Fox/Falco/Wolf were stopped from talking to each other in the Star Fox stages. Plus
Viridi can take up that role.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Eh, with the fact that
she's a boss battle, and apparently gets to fight in part 2 of her anime short
I'd say that Palutena has a better shot at being playable. Plus, its not like Fox/Falco/Wolf were stopped from talking to each other in the Star Fox stages. Plus
Viridi can take up that role.
I'll have to pay attention to that then if I want to properly do/re-do my moveset.

I finally got my class work done, but for some reason I feel like playing Sonic Generations more than Uprising right now believe it or not, so I'll hold off on Uprising a little while longer.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They should try cosplaying as A RESPECTABLE WOMAN.

I think I've been playing too much Pushmo. With all caps, those look like blocks I need to push forward...

Incidentally, Pushmo stage y/n? Making a cameo on a stage would be better than an Assist Trophy in his case. Would a Rolling Western stage work, or would Dillon be best as a lone Assist Trophy?
YES to Pushmo Park as a stage!!!!!!!! I also would like to see 3DS eShop games get some representation in Smash.

Pushmo Park as a stage.
Swapnote as a stage, replacing PictoChat.
Dillon from Rolling Western possibly as an Assist Trophy.
Sakurai Samurai possibly as one of Takamaru's palette swaps and/or as an Assist Trophy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been trying to figure out some way to represent Pushmo. However, my mind is currently blank, considering that Smash Bros. is a side-scrolling game, while Pushmo uses 3D controls.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lately I've been trying to figure out some way to represent Pushmo. However, my mind is currently blank, considering that Smash Bros. is a side-scrolling game, while Pushmo uses 3D controls.
This is how I picture a Pushmo stage. The platforms are the pulled-out blocks. If Mallo pushes the blocks in, the platforms "disappear". If Mallo pulls the blocks out, the platforms "reappear".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is how I picture a Pushmo stage. The platforms are the pulled-out blocks. If Mallo pushes the blocks in, the platforms "disappear". If Mallo pulls the blocks out, the platforms "reappear".
Sounds good, but wouldn't that lead to self-destruct risks to players? You can't go through the blocks after all.

On the other hand, if you get hit by the blocks while they're getting pulled, you'll take damage, which may be a more fair hazard than an instant SD.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Got bored and realized, for the MOST PART, the most popular characters are almost ALL static. We basically have a "Number" that keeps switching characters, and then once, Ghirahim was outvoted by Pichu.

Red - Been top 20 100% of the time
Orange - Been top 20 75% of the time
Blue - Been top 20 25% of the time

Toad
Junior

Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Pichu / Bros
Victini

Ghirahim
Ridley
Samurai Goroh

Black Shadow
Krystal
Roy
Medusa
Palutena
Isaac
Little Mac
Saki
Takamaru

Shulk
Megaman

vicgur

Smash Ace
Sounds good, but wouldn't that lead to self-destruct risks to players? You can't go through the blocks after all.

On the other hand, if you get hit by the blocks while they're getting pulled, you'll take damage, which may be a more fair hazard than an instant SD.
How about that:

Can you see the ground where the character-whose-name-I-don't-really-remember-and-I-feel-totally-bad-for-it is standing? It's the main platform, floating ove the park.
Here's the deal: Mr. Whatshisname doesn't really pull the blocks. He sits there, in front[or beside, I don't care] of the stage, watching the match.
As the fight progresses, some pop-out buttons[I'll call them that way. It's those buttons that pull a specific color all the way out.] appear on the ground.
If they're pressed, the blocks of its color pop out.
If you're in front of the block, you receive minor damage and knockback up[or maybe down, if you're in the air].
The blocks work as walls, platforms etc.
From time to time, the little nameless dude runs to the button in front of the stage and presses it, emptying the stage, restarting it.

Something like that. The cool part of that is: The stage could be a different image everytime you play it!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
From Shortie's poll, would people be content if this was Smash 4's newcomers (assuming there was a 50 slot roster, with all of Brawl's characters returning, and one slot being random)?

Toad
Bowser Jr.
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
Krystal
Mewtwo
Samurai Goroh
Roy
Palutena
Little Mac
Isaac
Mega Man

It would basically leave many series without a popularly requested character for Smash 5 at the very least, but I think it would leave most people happy. Though I can see some complaining about the lack of newcomer series (though Melee only added three new series with playable characters).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Got bored and realized, for the MOST PART, the most popular characters are almost ALL static. We basically have a "Number" that keeps switching characters, and then once, Ghirahim was outvoted by Pichu.

Toad
Junior

Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Pichu / Bros
Victini

Ghirahim
Ridley
Samurai Goroh

Black Shadow
Krystal
Roy
Medusa
Palutena
Isaac
Little Mac
Saki
Takamaru

Shulk
Megaman
So pretty much the red is a good bet.

Surprised to see Bandanna Dee up there a lot. Guess people really like him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Chrono: Almost. I'd prefer Medusa over Palutena. But that's presuming only that all of Brawl's roster, including ALL the Forbidden 7 are in too. Otherwise, I wouldn't take it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Toad
Junior

Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Mewtwo
Zoroark

Pichu / Bros
Victini

Ghirahim
Ridley
Samurai Goroh

Black Shadow
Krystal
Roy
Medusa
Palutena
Isaac
Little Mac
Saki
Takamaru

Shulk
Megaman
Most of those characters I have no complaints about. I'm surprised that Waluigi is not there, while Victini is. SSBF would be so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom