• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Chrono- I'd be very happy with those, only ones I'm really ehhhhhhhh about are Bowser Jr and Waddle/Bandanna Dee

But I'd love if it turned out that way honestly, besides those two

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Try, look two people above victini =P

MGS, I see a pushmo stage working sort of like defino plaza/frigate orphan hybrid. The stage would have a certain layout and then something would happen, maybe mallo would hit the reset button, (like frigate flipping or delfino stopping at a landmark) and then the stage would change as mallo pulls out new blocks -> new layout created.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Opps, well I fixed it.

Seems that Sakurai has commented about the future of the KI series, where he pretty much confirms Pit is going to be in the next smash game...

Obvious, but there's at least that one character down. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
With that said, we've got... 13 obvious characters. First 12 and Pit.

Any 2 time veterans are pretty fair game for obvious... although I wouldn't count my chicken before they hatch. But if we go with that... 9 more. So, 22 characters are most likely to get in without issues.

That leaves almost twice as many more(or more than that).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
poor Africa... always gets shafted.
Kony 2012! :awesome:
Don't worry, I won't vandalize your guys' neighborhood with graffiti while running around in my underwear...
:cool:
Take the time you would put into Doc and put it into a different clone. There are tons of better choices.
Fair enough. Yet I think the "improvements" Dr. Mario has helped Smash and Mario for the good in the long run. That and Dr. Mario had a perfect role in Melee.
Waluigi is not that creepy if you asked me.
Maybe when Waluigi awkwardly tries to touch your elbow, you might have a change of heart! ;)
After completely spoiling myself with Uprising info (didn't really plan on getting the game), I can wholeheartedly say Magnus>Palutena for Smash.

Come at me, bros.
Meah, I don't care either way my fellow smash brother. :bee: I'm just here for the popcorn... :reverse:
Most of those characters I have no complaints about. I'm surprised that Waluigi is not there, while Victini is. SSBF would be so proud.
The less Wah Wa Wee Gee, the better. Some of his fans... are just... >:urg:< yeah... :glare:

Edit: Those name edits were fun. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I could say that about a lot of characters' fans, John.
The difference is they haven't been annoying you for almost a decade. :glare:

While I don't throw all Waluigi fans under the bus, I would throw a lot of them under the
CRAZY
train. :smirk:
So, I've been looking at the newcomer pool, and has anyone noticed how much smaller it's becoming? I guess if you were smart, you would have seen this coming like Toise did, but a lot of you here DI (Like me, to an extent) believe some of the following characters were good candidates for SSB4.
The same thing happened pre-Melee and pre-Brawl. There is a chance some of them may be revived (ie: ROB and Ness in Melee), but don't get your hopes up. The "character pool" slowly gets smaller initially, the categories become a bit more clear.

I remember pre-Brawl when the Assist Trophy was finally revealed on the (current) Brawl Dojo, the "character pool" had fairly clear different categories (in terms of "chances"), and less characters at an extreme rate. I remember when Deoxys, Samurai Goroh, and Saki were unconfirmed in a pretty close time span to each other.

Also, your roster ideas posted a few pages ago were pretty spot on shorts. I commendeth you for it. :cool:

Edit: I'm really loving changing all of your guys' names around! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't it be "Wawuweegee"? Lol.

Cuz "Wawaweegee" makes me think of Wawaluigi from that Dorkly video...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wouldn't it be "Wawuweegee"? Lol.

Cuz "Wawaweegee" makes me think of Wawaluigi from that Dorkly video...
Whatever, he's still had too much purple drank clothes. :awesome: And that video was friggen hilarious. If another lamer "partner" character is made in Mario Tennis (other than Baby Daisy; perhaps Baby Waluigi=???), I would laugh my butt off... :bee: ...and support their inclusion in smash over Waluigi! ;) :troll: :smirk:
From Shortie's poll, would people be content if this was Smash 4's newcomers (assuming there was a 50 slot roster, with all of Brawl's characters returning, and one slot being random)?
[COLLAPSE="Here is the character list"]Okay, since I'm commenting here, I want to say first off that I have two want scales. Mine and what I view as the general smash communities' want level for a particular character.

A 0 means I/the community super opposed said character.
A 5 means I/the community are neutral or have mixed feelings on it.
A 10 means I'd/the community would give their left leg for (not literally).
Now onto the characters.

Toad - My want level: 7/10. The communities': 6/10 (the community seems split).
Bowser Jr. - My want level: 6/10. The communities': 6/10 (Shadow Mario is where most of the hate comes from).
K. Rool - My want level: 9/10. The communities': 9/10. I haven't seen much opposition to K. Rool.
Dixie Kong - My want level: 9/10. The communities': 7/10 (a bit forgotten, yet rarely opposed).
Ridley - My want level: 10/10 (my #2 most wanted character). The communities': 8/10 (size n00bs).
Waddle Dee (Bandanna) - My want level: 5/10. The communities': 6/10 (a few, small number of supporters).
Krystal - My want level: 5/10 (if I liked her personalities and games, I'd be all for her). The communities': 6/10.
Mewtwo - My want level: 10/10. The communities': 10/10. Not many people oppose him returning.
Samurai Goroh - My want level: 8/10. The communities': 7/10. Some fear him being a Captain Falcon clone.
Roy - My want level: 10/10. The communities': 8/10. Some people hate the idea of a clone returning.
Palutena - My want level: 6/10 (still kinda neutral). The communities': 8/10. Opinions on her are still developing.
Little Mac - My want level: 8/10. The communities': 7/10. Some don't like the prospect of him being playable.
Isaac - My want level: 9/10. The communities': 9/10. People tend to be either neutral or all for Issac.
Mega Man - My want level: 11/10 (he's my #1 pick!) The communities': 9/10.[/COLLAPSE]It would basically leave many series without a popularly requested character for Smash 5 at the very least, but I think it would leave most people happy. Though I can see some complaining about the lack of newcomer series (though Melee only added three new series with playable characters).
My comments are in my typical green in the collapse tag. ;) Overall, this roster would be a good one. While it could use a random character or two and maybe a few character choice changes, it is a pretty consistent and interesting roster (with all the returning Brawl characters). :reverse: I would give this roster a 8.5/10. :bee:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My comments are in my typical green in the collapse tag. ;) Overall, this roster would be a good one. While it could use a random character or two and maybe a few character choice changes, it is a pretty consistent and interesting roster (with all the returning Brawl characters). :reverse: I would give this roster a 8.5/10. :bee:
The roster was not based on my own choices/opinions for Smash 4 but rather the Top 14 newcomers ranked within Shortie's poll. The only difference though is that Medusa was swapped with Palutena, since I feel Palutena is legitimately a more important character to the series and Uprising.

Also, I don't think there is going to be a goddess war like I was theorizing months ago.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Whatever, he's still had too much purple drank clothes. :awesome: And that video was friggen hilarious. If another lamer "partner" character is made in Mario Tennis (other than Baby Daisy; perhaps Baby Waluigi=???), I would laugh my butt off... :bee: ...and support their inclusion in smash over Waluigi! ;) :troll: :smirk:

Rethink yo decision.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGge4DNJqs8

This is the last part to Palutena's OVA, and the last of the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. Its in Japanese though.

Two things of note:
1. Simply wow that they actually showed Palutena soaking in a bath. I guess Shaft managed to shoe horn in fanservice afterall. I wonder if this part will be removed or censored when it gets brought over here?

2. We actually get to see Palutena fight. She uses the Beam Claws. This makes me think that the idea of giving Palutena some of the new weapons in Uprising is not as far fetched an idea afterall.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGge4DNJqs8

This is the last part to Palutena's OVA, and the last of the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs. Its in Japanese though.

Two things of note:
1. Simply wow that they actually showed Palutena soaking in a bath. I guess Shaft managed to shoe horn in fanservice afterall. I wonder if this part will be removed or censored when it gets brought over here?

2. We actually get to see Palutena fight. She uses the Beam Claws. This makes me think that the idea of giving Palutena some of the new weapons in Uprising is not as far fetched an idea afterall.
Wait, WAT?! I'm watchin' it, now >\-/>

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm going to be very disappointed if Palutena fights with Beam Claws and other weapons.

If that does turn out to be the case, I think Medusa will be a no-go.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is the online for Uprising still being praised? I don't quite remember, but wasn't Sakurai not really fond of the idea of online in Brawl? Or was it just that he thought it was really hard to implement? PROBABLY THE LATTER, but if Uprising shows MORE LOVE for the online experience, then maybe it would show that Sakurai will be more serious about the implementation of online for Sm4sh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How about that:

Can you see the ground where the character-whose-name-I-don't-really-remember-and-I-feel-totally-bad-for-it is standing? It's the main platform, floating ove the park.
Here's the deal: Mr. Whatshisname doesn't really pull the blocks. He sits there, in front[or beside, I don't care] of the stage, watching the match.
As the fight progresses, some pop-out buttons[I'll call them that way. It's those buttons that pull a specific color all the way out.] appear on the ground.
If they're pressed, the blocks of its color pop out.
If you're in front of the block, you receive minor damage and knockback up[or maybe down, if you're in the air].
The blocks work as walls, platforms etc.
From time to time, the little nameless dude runs to the button in front of the stage and presses it, emptying the stage, restarting it.

Something like that. The cool part of that is: The stage could be a different image everytime you play it!
Good thinking there. Maybe add manholes into the mix for easier transportation.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Is the online for Uprising still being praised? I don't quite remember, but wasn't Sakurai not really fond of the idea of online in Brawl? Or was it just that he thought it was really hard to implement? PROBABLY THE LATTER, but if Uprising shows MORE LOVE for the online experience, then maybe it would show that Sakurai will be more serious about the implementation of online for Sm4sh.
I hope so. I really like the online, especially Light vs Dark. It's too bad though there isn't enough to the game that we could make a competitive metagame out of it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I'm worried about a few things, but definatly this one, due to having no release date:
The pokemon crossover game might not be hitting anywhere else.

That sucks -_-

EDIT: All Serebii's been talkin' 'bout was that crossover game, so no news yet on B&W2 -_-

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently had the following thought...

You know how the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon may feel fatigued when they're out for too long. Maybe all the playable characters should have a fatigue animation if their damage is 100% or higher. It's only fitting, seeing as when fighters grab hold of ledges, they'll move much slower if their current damage is 100%+.

This wouldn't affect their stats in any way though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I suppose that would be a nice aesthetic touch.

Maybe it should instead replace the two idle animations. Because a problem could arise in the IMPLICATIONS of it. It's really not a big deal either way, but when the Pokemon do it then it implies they're weaker and they should then be switched out. If every character has the same thing, then when the Pokemon become fatigued, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I played Uprising last night till I fell asleep. I had a dream where Sakurai came to my school and I asked for his autograph. He signed on my 3DS... but when I looked at his autograph, it wasn't anywhere on my 3DS. Turns out he had sent me an autograph via Swapnote where he said something about the goddess of the light. I thought immediately "Palutena confirmed! Swapnote stage confirmed!" :awesome: :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good thinking there. Maybe add manholes into the mix for easier transportation.
The manholes would be like the pipes in Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64!

EDIT: I was playing Uprising and Palutena mentioned Super Bash Sisters and Pit corrected her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon should get stronger elemental attacks when fatigued, like their abilities in game.

Also, Palutena is now considered to me as a shoe-in pretty much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IMO, the only Nintendo newcomers I consider a shoe-in are Little Mac (Wii game, WiiWare game, the first non-Ambassador NES game) and now Palutena. Toad is close enough but he needs moar playable roles in main games besides New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was playing Uprising and Palutena mentioned Super Bash Sisters and Pit corrected her.
Teehee.
The Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon should get stronger elemental attacks when fatigued, like their abilities in game.
I don't know why that made me laugh. Good point.

So anyway, with Uprising's release and E3 roughly 3 months away, would it be good to have Palutena revealed in a possible trailer due to her being... what's the word... Topical?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking about how many of Kirby abilities in Kirby games influenced some non-Kirby characters' special moves in Smash.... I was wondering if we might see some of Pit's Uprising weapons influencing some non-Kid Icarus characters' special moves in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also:

Hey if I see one more Diddy Kong post with Impa in it, I'm gonna force you to all listen to me wanting King Boo for the next 1000 pages.
Impa support ain't dead yet at least. Don't worry Impa, I won't,be Impatient with awaiting your Impartment of being a playable character. It'll surely make an Impact on the fans and the series! :awesome:

Had to do this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Diddy's Impa ravings always make me chuckle.

Anyway, I was thinking what if Smash 4's name is Bash? Like Super Smash Bros. Bash? I am not too excited about the name but it's possible given what Palutena had said in Uprising.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's just call it Super Smash Siblings and call it a day. The sisters want some loving to you know...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think it should be super smash bros. Showdown.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
From Shortie's poll, would people be content if this was Smash 4's newcomers (assuming there was a 50 slot roster, with all of Brawl's characters returning, and one slot being random)?

Toad
Bowser Jr.
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
Krystal
Mewtwo
Samurai Goroh
Roy
Palutena
Little Mac
Isaac
Mega Man

It would basically leave many series without a popularly requested character for Smash 5 at the very least, but I think it would leave most people happy. Though I can see some complaining about the lack of newcomer series (though Melee only added three new series with playable characters).
I guess I'd be content, although I'd change two characters up there.

Surprised to see Bandanna Dee up there a lot. Guess people really like him.
Yep. Nice to know that out of all of the Wii characters Bandana Dee is maintaining a pretty decent, steady support. I think he'd make a good surprise addition.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bandana Dee won't be the only Wii-only character Imparting on the roster is my guess. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Brawler Claws is one of Uprising weapons. The description given in the official website is:

Melee weapons, made specially for a champion prize-fighter. They lack power, but allow the greatest speed of all the weapons. Sadly, their range is very short—one arm's length only—but they allow you to rain down hundreds of punches in a vicious flurry.

Well, who is Nintendo's most famous and popular champion prize-fighter? Little Mac. I think Little Mac is pretty much a shoe-in now.

Wolf Claws is also one of Uprising weapons... Wolf confirmed to return?

Tiger Claws is yet another Uprising weapon... the description given reads:

Claws are melee-specialized weapons that fire talons. They improve speed more than any other weapon as they are lightweight, which makes up for their short attack range. The Tiger Claws allow Pit the impressive speed of a wild animal.

I really want to say Meowth... but I cannot bring myself into false hope. :(

Samurai Blade is one of Uprising weapons. The given description is:

Based on the traditional weaponry of an island nation with a unique culture. Its slashing attacks are the most powerful of any Blade; although it allows for rapid movement, its ranged attacks are weak and it takes a long time to charge shots.

Traditional weaponry? Unique culture? Rapid movement? Charge shots? It sounds like Takamaru based on his NES game. Takamaru confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom