• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean, that actually pertains to Smash. But THEY were making an argument against Toad like it meant anything. Who cares if Toad in Toad wasn't Toad. It's still Toad. I know this whole thread is full of trivial arguments, but that one is PRETTY DARN trivial.

Unless it was one of those "I just want to prove I'm right" sort of things.
If you'd actually read, you would realize that the argument didn't pertain to Toad in Smash, nor was it being used as an argument against him.

The argument was about THE Toad being playable in NSMBW, which he wasn't; two generic Toads were. Shortie kept claiming that he was and saying I was wrong for saying Toad wasn't playable.

I would hope you read next time, and this be the last of the Toad debate.

Anyways, if Dr. Mario does come back, should he get his own icon to represent the Dr. Mario series?
Similar to this: http://siegkingkirby.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Mario-SSBB-80397217
And I got to thinking, maybe a stage like this? http://omegajohn.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Mario-Stage-68222559
But bigger, obviously. I mean just fighting in a giant pill bottle as giant Megavitamins fall from the sky and giant viruses attack.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
But funny

Wasn't there a GBA game for Dr. Mario, anyway? I remember seeing one for the Nintendo GameCube Preview Disc, I think (god, I loved that)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal Overlord
Because while Zero was good and the 40 trillion original remakes of Resident Evil 1 are good, nothing compares to Resident Evil 4.

@ yani
The only Mega Man Gamecube game worth mentioning is Mega Man: The 15th Anniversary collection. It has Mega Man 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 on it, along with 2 arcade Mega Man games that are so-so.

Another Mega Man game on the Gamecube you might want to check out is Mega Man Battle Network: Network Transmission. If you like Mega Man Battle Network and 2D Mega Man games (you have to like both to be into it), you might enjoy this game. However, it is unforgiving in difficulty with all kinds of cheap enemies and deaths. I would, again, only suggest it if you are into both of those types of Mega Man games.

As for the DS, you might want to check out Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent. They play more like Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero, but they are your typical and fun action/platform Mega Man games. They aren't great, but they are pretty good and overall fun games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah, Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 3 are good games. However, they are nothing compared to the greatness that is Resident Evil 4. ;)

Dat cut scene ain't no cut scene good sir! IT'S A TRAP!!! :shades:

Speaking of which, it would be funny if Smash had "action cut scenes" like Resident Evil 4... except easier. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think there was a NES Classic title for the GBA.
There was also a formal new release for Dr. Mario for the GBA. It was Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (or Dr. Mario & Pandel de Pon in Japan).

The list of Dr. Mario games are:
Dr. Mario (NES)
Dr. Mario (Game Boy)
Vs. Dr. Mario (Arcade)
Tetris & Dr. Mario (SNES)
Dr. Mario 64 (N64)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GCN)
Classic NES Series: Dr. Mario (GBA)
Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (GBA)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (WiiWare)
Dr. Mario Express (DSiWare)

Dr. Mario has had a lot of releases.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- I'm gonna be honest, I'm probably just being biased with Code Veronica because Claire is my favorite RE character (other than Nemesis). They're all great games (well, except for Survivor, RE5 and Gaiden lol)

I would love an RE character in Smash (I don't care if it's Jill, Nemesis, Leon, Tyrant, Wesker (STARS version), Claire, Ada, Chris (NOT the RE5 version) or even mah boi Barry Burton)

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ahh sorry I meant Mega Man GC/DS games, I've have all of those GC games except RE, but I am looking for more DS games in general, so thank you :awesome:

So far in the original MM I beat Cutman and I attempted Ice Man but I couldn't get passed these damn moving blocks :mad:
One thing I'd recommend is get the Super Arm from Gutsman. Go to Elecman level near the end to move some Guts Blocks and get the Platform Beam. That would make you're life easier in Ice Man's level, I did it once.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yeah, we don't know for sure if Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong's father or grandfather. It is however possible that Cranky Kong is both, and that Donkey Kong's grandfather named Cranky died. /theory :awesome:

Dr. Mario probably took 1/50th of the time to create a "original" character, given that has stats are barely any different from Mario (he's basically just Mario with more power and weight) and his pills are the only move that have noticeably different frames.

Besides, it's not like we're choosing between Dr. Mario over Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad if Dr. Mario is a late add-on.
Just give Mario a little more weight and power. No point in putting Mario in and a character just like Mario, but better in every way.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
What argument? I don't care about the facts he was telling me about who's making that Project X whatever game. We aren't playing Trivia Pursuit. That's why I don't feel like addressing whatever he is trying to tell me. Okay, so Capcom is not making that game with Mega Man X. Okay, thanks for telling me that. :awesome:

I'm sorry.. I just don't feel like in the "arguing on the Internet" mood this morning. :(
It just makes you look rather blunt to be pressing such "facts" that are viewed in more ways than just your opinion. It can really piss someone off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Super Smash Curling would be amazing! lol
This so much. Imagine Mario as a skip, Link as a lead, Muddy and the Ice Climbers as Second and Third, going against Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley and King K. Rool in a full ten end showdown.

/Curling fan IRL

So yeah, more likely, I think the Black and White 2 news sealed the deal for me on Zoroark.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
I would love some Resident Evil trophies, stickers, and maybe even enemies or assist trophy characters.
Just give Mario a little more weight and power. No point in putting Mario in and a character just like Mario, but better in every way.
I agree with you on that. However, Dr. Mario's impact on how we think Mario should play cannot be understated. Still, Dr. Mario as a late add-on IMO isn't all that big of a deal whether he makes it or not. What would we get instead, a few trophies instead=??? I would much rather have a playable clone than that! :rolleyes:

Regardless, if Dr. Mario got an actual move set based off the Dr. Mario series, I doubt many smash fans would be that upset.

Also if Smash were to be any sport, it would be football. Captain Falcon is dah best wide receiver in the world. :cool: Plus, he shows you his moves every play! :laugh:

Bowser would be a great defensive linemen, too. :chuckle: Pit can be the booth referee. :troll:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You know I've been thinking about this a lot recently what if Pandora from KI:U got in as a Kid Icarus rep? I mean I know it's not really likely but she actually fights so why not?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Besides Palutena and Medusa who else is there?
Well I'm not that big on those characters, either. But still, Paletuna is clearly the #2 character of the series. Besides, I think there is no chance we'll get 3 Kid Icarus characters playable in Smash 4. Heck, I think it is pretty unlikely we'll get even 2.
If Captain Falcon is the wide receiver, then who would be the quarterback? And who would be the kicker? Ganondorf? lol
Ganondorf is a defensive end, next to Bowser (the defensive tackle).

The kicker in all likelihood would be Yoshi! :laugh: That or Lucas or Ness. :grin:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Viridi? That pink-haired goddess? That's Falchion's boo lol

Oh yeah I meant to mention Viridi.. Hades seems like boss material to me I can actually see him being the main antagonist in the adventure mode. And Magnus I don't know he just seems really boring to me..

Btw, is Asage still around I miss his adventure mode ideas.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well I'm not that big on those characters, either. But still, Paletuna is clearly the #2 character of the series. Besides, I think there is no chance we'll get 3 Kid Icarus characters playable in Smash 4. Heck, I think it is pretty unlikely we'll get even 2.

Ganondorf is a defensive end, next to Bowser (the defensive tackle).

The kicker in all likelihood would be Yoshi! :laugh: That or Lucas or Ness. :grin:
Kirby is the kicker. Have you seen him Side Smash a Soccer Ball? Thing flies FAR. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of sports, Smash basketball would be so legit. I mean who wouldn't want to some make some free throws with Link or get a ****load of turnovers with Wolf?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of sports, Smash basketball would be so legit. I mean who wouldn't want to some make some free throws with Link or get a ****load of turnovers with Wolf?

It'd be pretty funny, too. Like winning a game with a slam dunk from Olimar or G&W. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kirby is the kicker. Have you seen him Side Smash a Soccer Ball? Thing flies FAR. :awesome:
No, Kirby is a the free safety because he can suck up a lot of balls. King Dedede is the strong safety (linebacker???) because he can also do that, as well as get big hits. ;) :awesome: :smirk:

Link would be a pretty OP forward, and Wolf would be the perfect guard. :chuckle:

Seriously, one of these ideas needs to be a smash bros mini-game! :laugh:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

I actually tried doing something like this on Brawl custom stages. Although, Bowling was probably the most successful brawl sport that I made lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom