• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like all of those outfits, although again, I doubt alternate characters (the Pokémon Trainer aside). :cool:

The rest I agree with... especially... DAT EYE PATCH!!! :awesome:

Edit: Anyways, I specifically like the Wolf, Fox, and Falco alternate costumes. They each had great and different outfits from Star Fox/SF64, Adventures, Assault, & Command. ;)

As I've previously stated, I feel Ike's Radiant Dawn appearance should be his default look, while his Brawl/Path of Radiance appearance should be the alternate costume. :)

I also specifically like the idea of Lucario getting his shiny color. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, & Mewtwo should also get their shiny color IMO. Oh & glasses. :shades:

Edit 2: One of Marth's looks requires boobs. That is all! :psycho:

Edit 3: Thrillhouse needs to thrill us. GET HYPED!!! *grabs some popcorn* :grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We need to save and archive some of these ideas, specifically in the Backroom Group (I got some stuff to save, too). ;)

Plus it will be fun to dig up like a Time Capsule! :bee:

Also I got a feeling in May and June we'll get a bunch of pre-Brawl speculators like myself back because of the end of finals and the beginning of Summer! :cool:

Then I won't be one of the 5 or so oldest people on here. :laugh:

Seriously, being in your 20's here is like being in your 100's in a retirement home! :chuckle:

Edit: Also to clarify my opinion on "alternate character costumes" isn't something I disagree with you on. :)

I just want to make it clear I think that Sakurai won't make such "alternate character costumes." :grin:
I don't expect such things to happen at all in Smash Wii U or 3DS. :cool:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Why are alts so popular now? I posted a Alternative Brawl skins sometime back, but...I can't find it. Will someone find it in this huge thread.;)(trusts in anyone)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Recently, I had this following quote to input, which relates to Little Mac and his secret taunt...

Wario

Doc Louis: Hey Mac baby, Wario is one gross competitor that you don't want to take lightly. He's got gas, and if he grabs you with his teeth, you'll be in for a biting. I must say though, I've heard that he loves to eat chocolates. Makes me want to eat a chocolate bar after this. *laughs*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I dunno why Metal. Maybe it's because we've actually begun debating them for realZs! :laugh:

Before we were all like "oh, alternate outfits or alternate character costumes would be cool." Now we are specifically stating what we want, why we want it, how it would look, who else wants it, etc. We've also began discussing what "alternate costumes" we view as "likely" or not, much like characters, stages, items, and everything else! :laugh:

Also on a random side note, I just made the GREATEST INTRODUCTION POST OF ALL-TIME on the SMYN forum. :chuckle: Check it out here! :grin:
I had most of it archived from a previous introduction post years ago and I rewrote it over the years and added a lot to it just now for that post

Edit: Little Mac getting "advice" from Doc like Snake and Star Fox codecs would be awesome. That's a great idea/concept/speech idea Malt Liquor and Soda Guy! :rotfl: :cool: :shades:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I don't like being a cynic, but I find it difficult to conceive of a F-Zero game better than GX.
- Non-garbage multiplayer
- Course builder and X Cup
- Deathrace, team modes, etc.
- Adjustable circuit speeds (ala MK's 50/100/150cc)
- HD 10,000,000p or whatever
- No ****ing techno

And that's just the bare minimum. GX is great, but you might as well be saying that the regular Super Mario Bros. can't be improved.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
- Non-garbage multiplayer
- Course builder and X Cup
- Deathrace, team modes, etc.
- Adjustable circuit speeds (ala MK's 50/100/150cc)
- HD 10,000,000p or whatever
- No ****ing techno

And that's just the bare minimum. GX is great, but you might as well be saying that the regular Super Mario Bros. can't be improved.
'Applauds'

I have to say though, I love Captain Falcon's theme song. It's so corny it's beautiful.

I just was thinking, the campaign in Kid Icarus Uprising was amazing, especially compared to the Subpar Emissary in Brawl. Who else is looking forward to a new single player adventure now that Sakurai has shown such virtuoso in level design?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
[COLLAPSE="Final Batch of Alts!"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Out of all of them, the Ice Climbers were probably the hardest ones to come up for.
Couldn't get any decent pics for Lucas but you should get a jest of it.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ooo! i forgot about Lucas' Pig Commander jacket! i should update my alt list... at any rate, here's mine.

SUPER MARIO

Mario - Dr. Mario; Charged Football; Tanooki Mario
Luigi - Mr. L; Charged Football
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - Shadow Queen Peach (when having alternatives for peach, she must retain her float ability and have it practical so the dress must stay, which means no biker outfit, no strikers outfit)

YOSHI

Yoshi - Charged Football; Pirate Yoshi

WARIO

Wario - Classic Plumber; Charged Football

LEGEND OF ZELDA

Link - Ordon Link; Fierce Deity Link (however, fierce deity must either have the Master Sword, or have a shrunken Fierce Deity Blade.)
Zelda - Twilight Robes; Tetra; Midna
Ganondorf - OoT Ganondorf; King of Hyrule

POKEMON

Pikachu - Pichu
Mewtwo - Armored Mewtwo

METROID

Samus - Fusion Suit (i mean actually model the fusion suit not this color swap crap); Dark Samus (in the event where there is no dark samus playable)
Zero Suit Samus - Justin Bailey 1; Justin Bailey 2; Military Dress
Ridley - Meta-Ridley

DONKEY KONG

Donkey Kong - Smash Football; Charged Football
Diddy Kong - Charged Football
King K. Rool - Kaptain K. Rool; Sluggers Outfit

STAR FOX

Wolf - Assault
Krystal - Cerinian Outfit; Kursed
FIRE EMBLEM

Marth - Shadow Dragon
Ike - Hero Ike; Vangaurd Ike

MEGA MAN

RockMan/ MegaMan - Hitoshi Ariga style (but of course there will be legal issue when using this model.); Shieldless Blues/ Protoman
X - Command Mission; New Armor Online; Shadow Armor; Neutral Armor; ~ First Armor; Force Armor; Falcon Armor; Gaea Armor; Blade Armor; Glide Armor; Ultimate Armor.

METAL GEAR

Snake - Old Snake; Naked SnakeTuxedo Snake

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Did you know that flamingos are pink because they eat lots of shrimps?same for coach
Let's just have a codec of chars from all the universe on final destination!
Impa much?impa isn't a choice of wisdom,Sheik who is Zelda is a choice of wisdom:troll:

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I refuse to read any alternate costume list without Snake in a tuxedo.

(But nice list. I don't see that many costumes happening though.)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's more of a possibilities list than anything really... tuxedo snake? link me!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And there ain't gonna be any big news until Sakurai or Nintendo decides to reveal something. As many already know, the most likely time that will happen is at E3 this June. But since Sakurai announced he finally started developing the games back in February 21 of this year, I don't think we'll get anything super big at E3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nah, there's always the possibility of getting a mostly CG trailer like before, or even getting the intro like we did with Melee.

CG Trailers can always be outsourced to another company. The Melee intro was done by Studio IG, known for doing the Ghost in the Shell series and Thanatos' Rising. The Other M cutscenes were done by D Rockets.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nah, there's always the possibility of getting a mostly CG trailer like before, or even getting the intro like we did with Melee.

CG Trailers can always be outsourced to another company. The Melee intro was done by Studio IG, known for doing the Ghost in the Shell series and Thanatos' Rising. The Other M cutscenes were done by D Rockets.
True, but I'm not getting my expectations high at E3 so I don't disappoint myself if they really don't show a lot. I think Brawl was pretty far in production when it was shown at E3 2006 but I can't say for sure. But here is some things that could result in a big revealing at E3:

- If Sakurai has been lying about how far in developing he's in.
- If he uses the Brawl engine for a start.
- If he uses his scrapped Brawl ideas and put them in the next game.
- If he already gotten a team of some sort to work on it.

But, again, I'm not expecting something too big so I don't get disappointed.

Victini disucssion
No need to be so salty asage
Toad VS Krystal

NO. IM GUNNA PICK KRYSTAL OVER TOAD. OLOLOLOL.
Hyper and Arca talk about Toad's potential
Unique-ness is never questionable. Throw out anyone you want. If Sakurai can make a moveset for 2 kiddies who just fling their hammers around and a slow *** robot controller then Toad should be no problem at all. It all comes down to his abstract mind.
More Toad ****
You guys probably expect from me 100 reasons why Toad is awesome but I'll leave this message as my answer :

hi
How many goddamned Toads are there
What's 9 x 1,000,000?
This thread, where in we argue whether Toad was playable in NSMB Wii
NOOOO

IT'S BOWSER JR. WHO WAS PLAYABLE IN NSMB WII

/serious mode

Toad was suppose to be playable. He was split in half.....

****, you already know what I mean anyway

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I felt scared!
There has been a new on a famous french video game site saying that the wii u isn't as powerful than the actual console,i could unserstand that it's not very powerful,but LESS POWERFUL THEN ACTUAL???WHAT???
But it was fastly disaproved,because a "dev" said it,but his word looked like HATE,and he was anonymous,but real devs said it was not,and they're not anonymous,this rumor didn't last long...

**** that ****.

It's powerful and that's what matters anyway. Plus, it's rumored to cost $300. IT CAN BE THE NEXT PS2 OF THIS GEN. *gasp*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Holder of the HEELS
myPANTIESgone
Young COATtails
SHORT SHORTScanbrawl
Oasis_Skirts?

Maybe I'm the only one to notice these things. The next Smash needs a dress-up function. Yes, definitely. It would get way more use than Chronicles.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Nice dialogue Breadbug! I love both Pit's and Palutena's senses of humor

Better yet, how about one special codec where they all (Star Fox, Kid Icarus and Metal Gear) accidentally mess up and all of them end up in each other's conversations, lol

EDIT: Seems like you already had that idea I just had, lol Breadbug

:phone:
I know this is a bit late, but...

Throw in Moe and Doc Louis. BEST CODEC EVER. :laugh: :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom