• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently next month's issue of CoroCoro is going to reveal two new Pokemon.

Here are some details from NeoGAF about:

No there are two black spaces on the new CoroCoro advertising page for plushes saying that they will be for new pokemon and that that they will be revealed in next months edition. Since one of them is next to Meloetta people are guessing it's the Piroutte form. But unless they plan to make a Genosect plush, and since that obscured page in on the cute page people are guessing it's either a new forme or the first sixth edition pokemon.
If it is the first sixth generation Pokemon, it has the possibility of upending the Pokemon newcomer speculation for Smash 4.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If it is the first sixth generation Pokemon, it has the possibility of upending the Pokemon newcomer speculation for Smash 4.
As I said before, seeing as how this is the 2nd set of games in a series of 3 sets of games in a trilogy. Thus it most likely will be seen as an extension of Generation V. I like to call this forthcoming new Pokémon as part of Generation "5.1" and the one after it Generation 5.2.

It could undo all momentum for Zoroark and Victini. However, chances are one or both of these "updated" versions of the 5th Generation will only add a new Pokémon or 2 to compete with them. Of course, that is a coin flip if it will happen or not. Heck, Genesect was suppose to do that, and all it has been is the 3rd wheel and "other" option.

Consider Genesect like the Independents and 3rd parties compared to Republican and Democratic Parties. Independents and members of 3rd parties generally are indifferent towards the two superpower parties (Victini and Zoroark in this analogy). For this reason, liking Genesect, or other reason, they are drawn to a solid answer: Genesect. Yet while the 3rd option has a reasonable amount of support, it pales in comparison to the 2 superpowers that get nearly all the attentino. Thus the 3rd party/independent options (and Genesect) are outmatched.

It is possible that the rise of another candidate could seriously contend with these two superpowers. However, it is also likely it won't, and it will divide the opinions of those who do not already support the two superpowers. This is much like how support for a 3rd party candidate for the Presidency turns out. It could be like Ron Paul and Ralph Nader preventing each other from getting even making a dent in who people vote for. The only time such a 3rd party minority can take over is when one of the two dies out (which could happen, but not in the near future), or when one of said 2 superpower groups merges with a minority group (which would mean this new combination of say Genesect and Victini/Zoroark supporters would have to support only one of those Pokémon). That's pretty hard to do, and rarely happens in smash speculation... or politics.

Edit: This was my reaction when I found out Mewtwo wasn't playable in Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Stop poking Oaster to the weak spot-- I totally agree that it's more than a huge failure to not include Sukapon, the most 1st real fighter of Nintendo after Urban Champion.

*Offers a mint chocolate ice cream cone*

That being said, I better change my avatar again, Cilan shall do great return.

/And I really wanna play some Shantae and other Wayforward's games/

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So Wolf might have indeed been planned to be playable in Smash 64? Wow, didn't know that, that's actually pretty cool. Yeah, it doesn't really do much but help prove what we already know, but still, what interests ME is that if that is really true, Star Fox would have gotten 2 characters while series like DK and Zelda would have only gotten one. I guess Star Fox 64 really was a pretty big thing at that time (not that it doesn't deserve it or anything, that game is boss)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't believe that "Wolf in Smash 64" stuff until I hear it from the horse's mouth. I haven't heard that stuff in the past 12 years, whereas I've seen several valid links of interviews with Sakurai about King Dedede, Mewtwo, Bowser, and arguably Peach being considered for Smash 64. Heck, even the rumors that Pit and Meowth were originally planned as potential characters in Smash 64 holds more weight than this Wolf nonsense. Besides that, it doesn't matter. Wolf was playable in the last smash bros, duh! :laugh:
it's more of a possibilities list than anything really... tuxedo snake? link me!
It's unlockable at the end of each Metal Gear Solid game. ;)
Since January, Capcom's Christian Svensson explains that some Capcom vs. crossovers come about from within the company, stating that there's a pretty natural process these titles go through to see if things will work for both parties involved. The funny thing is that he easily gave away that there would be a new crossover by 2014. To be fair, this was posted after Project X Zone was first announced. I woonder what it will be?
Probably Capcom vs. Namco, Capcom vs. DC, maybe Street Fighter vs. Dead or Alive, or Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat.

Also, Metal Elton John for Smash! :awesome: OHHHH MANNNNN, OHHHH GAWWDDD that would be cool :awesome: ...and awesome! :cool: :reverse:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm a HUGE MK fan so I'm gonna get it regardless, but yeah, the only crossover I really want to see MK-wise is MK vs Killer Instinct, but that'll never happen. Although MK vs SF would still make a lot more sense AND be a lot better than ****ty MK vs DC Universe (toned-down fatalities aren't the only thing wrong with that game), I still think Eyebrows Ed Boon and company just need to focus on MK10 and personally, another Shaolin Monks-type adventure game

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ed Boon is too biased against MK: Special Forces to put in Tremor or any of those other characters; hell, he even flat out refused to put him in both Armageddon and MK9 as DLC when he had the chance. Honestly, Tremor's chances of making it into a future MK game are about the same as Hsu Hao's :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ed Boon is too biased against MK: Special Forces to put in Tremor or any of those other characters; hell, he even flat out refused to put him in both Armageddon and MK9 as DLC when he had the chance. Honestly, Tremor's chances of making it into a future MK game are about the same as Hsu Hao's :/
Atleast Hsu Hso wasn't in beyond crappy games, though.

He's more in Silver's position. Could come back, who knows.

Tremor is sadly more in Mighty's position.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The thing with Mortal Kombat though is that Ed Boon's bias along with story at times is pretty much is the main deciding factor for the entire roster of all the games (well, at least, now that Tobias is gone). It's probably even more influential on the roster than Sakurai's bias might be with Smash. Ed Boon hates Hsu Hao and doesn't like Tremor (for reasons I have no idea Oasis), so chances are, as long as he's in charge, they probably won't come back at all, regardless of how requested by fans they might be (as in the case of Tremor)

Oh well, at least there's still hope for Havik in more games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing with Mortal Kombat though is that Ed Boon's bias along with story at times is pretty much is the main deciding factor for the entire roster of all the games (well, at least, now that Tobias is gone). It's probably even more influential on the roster than Sakurai's bias might be with Smash. Ed Boon hates Hsu Hao and doesn't like Tremor (for reasons I have no idea Oasis), so chances are, as long as he's in charge, they probably won't come back at all
...What was interesting about Hsu Hso anyway? I can barely remember what he looked like. That cop with no shirt and a shown heart, right? As for Tremor, well... he came from a terrible game. That's one memory not needed, perhaps.

Oh well, at least there's still hope for Havik in more games
Indeed. Too bad his "counterpart" is less than interesting from the Orderrealm. I can't even remember his name. :lol:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, pretty much, that's who he was (Hsu Hao). Worked for the Red Dragon as Mavado's right hand man. Yeah, he didn't have much story or personality behind him at all so he wasn't all that interesting (just your typical henchman, is all he was), but then again, a lot of the post-UMK3 characters aren't either (I like a lot of them though, especially Kenshi, Havik, and Shujinko)

Oh, and the Orderrealm guy is Hotaru :laugh:

Anyway, we should probably get back on topic

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, pretty much, that's who he was (Hsu Hao). Worked for the Red Dragon as Mavado's right hand man. Yeah, he didn't have much story or personality behind him at all so he wasn't all that interesting (just your typical henchman, is all he was), but then again, a lot of the post-UMK3 characters aren't either (I like a lot of them though, especially Kenshi, Havik, and Shujinko)
"Get... over here." ~Shujinko

Indeed. Kind of felt that Kano and Kabal were the only non-flat [Color] Dragon members, really. The others were okay, though.

Oh, and the Orderrealm guy is Hotaru :laugh:
More like Bore-taru.

Anyway, we should probably get back on topic
...I totally could see Subzero in it. Ice is barely repped character-wise. His style is also extremely different from the Ice Climbers, anyway. As is his weapon(s).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum, Opelucid, and Oasis all online...only the o's are here.

But anyway, speaking of Isaac, how do you guys envision him playing?

EDIT: Hyper Falcon ruined the O thing! He wasn't online before!xD

Now we are HOOO. A Mighty Owl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Trying to beat Old Man Lobber for the millionth time. He's a tough S.O.B. The old guy goes SUPER SAIYAN when he has two health left. Get hit, and it's a one-hit kill. :fuuu:
That sure has to hurt. In a similar story, in WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, the Punch Out boss microgame has two opponents which can use 1-hit KO attacks, which can really irritate those who have been having trouble with Jimmy's Remixes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's gonna be Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

I'm calling it right now

Oh, and uh, Ray the Flying Squirrel for Smash
Not gonna happen. Fatalities would be just as inappropriate for the SF characters as they were for the DC characters. The closest ones it'd be applicable to would be be Balrog, Vega, Bison (regardless of region), Juri, Seth, and Blanka. Otherwise, Guile can't tell people to go home and be family men.

Now I'd be all over a Super Smash Bros. vs. Street Fighter.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Not gonna happen. Fatalities would be just as inappropriate for the SF characters as they were for the DC characters. The closest ones it'd be applicable to would be be Balrog, Vega, Bison (regardless of region), Juri, Seth, and Blanka. Otherwise, Guile can't tell people to go home and be family men.

Now I'd be all over a Super Smash Bros. vs. Street Fighter.
I saw a video of a guy who also made a facebook account of nintendo vs capcom as the new smash,but he is as stupid as the kids who want spongebob

-he want to take out half of the nintendo chars,including pit,marth,iceclimber,ect.,he thinks they are not important
-he want the game with nintendo characters on PS3,HAHAHAHAHA,+he said he want to take out the characters to make room on the disk while he want it on ps3
-he said things like "i want moveset to be changed",he wants ike to do his Uspecial,without the stall and fall at the end,wich lead to : unbalanced(while ike is already broken),not canon,+it means that the guy main ike,a broken character

THIS.GUY.KNOWS.NOTHING

yani

Smash Lord
So Wolf might have indeed been planned to be playable in Smash 64? Wow, didn't know that, that's actually pretty cool. Yeah, it doesn't really do much but help prove what we already know, but still, what interests ME is that if that is really true, Star Fox would have gotten 2 characters while series like DK and Zelda would have only gotten one. I guess Star Fox 64 really was a pretty big thing at that time (not that it doesn't deserve it or anything, that game is boss)
Well Sakurai loves SF64 so I do believe Wolf was planned. Looking at that picture, I can also believe Meowth was planned to be playable also. He would have gone right next to Mewtwo and under Jigglypuff. Leaving the open space for Pit or a FE rep that was "planned".

I know four Pokemon is a lot, but we also have four "Mario" characters if you will. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK. So I think it's quite possible actually.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I saw a video of a guy who also made a facebook account of nintendo vs capcom as the new smash,but he is as stupid as the kids who want spongebob

-he want to take out half of the nintendo chars,including pit,marth,iceclimber,ect.,he thinks they are not important
-he want the game with nintendo characters on PS3,HAHAHAHAHA,+he said he want to take out the characters to make room on the disk while he want it on ps3
-he said things like "i want moveset to be changed",he wants ike to do his Uspecial,without the stall and fall at the end,wich lead to : unbalanced(while ike is already broken),not canon,+it means that the guy main ike,a broken character

THIS.GUY.KNOWS.NOTHING
Ike isn't broken. In fact, he's low tier.

And now for some fun. A quick SSB vs. SF roster.
[COLLAPSE="Roster"]
  1. Ryu vs. Mario
  2. Ken vs. Luigi
  3. Chun-Li vs. Samus
  4. Guile vs. Fox
  5. Blanka vs. Pikachu
  6. Zangief vs. Donkey Kong
  7. Dhalsim vs. Yoshi
  8. E. Honda vs. Kirby
  9. Balrog vs. Little Mac
  10. Vega vs. Marth
  11. Sagat vs. Bowser
  12. M. Bison vs. Ganondorf
  13. Cammy vs. Krystal
  14. Akuma vs. Meta Knight
  15. Guy vs. Ness
  16. Cody vs. Lucas
  17. Sakura vs. Peach
  18. R. Mika vs. Jigglypuff
  19. Ibuki vs. Zelda
  20. Dudley vs. Diddy
  21. Elena vs. Olimar
  22. Abel vs. Link
  23. C. Viper vs. Mewtwo
  24. El Fuerte vs. Toad
  25. Rufus vs. Wario
  26. Juri vs. Pit
[/COLLAPSE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kuma- Yeah, but NetherRealm Studios already said they were interested in the idea of more crossover games (as if them putting BOTH Kratos and Freddy in MK9 wasn't already sort of indicative of that), and Street Fighter was one of the ones they brought up the most. I'm not saying that it WILL happen because of that, but it is possible. A lot of people out there actually want to see MK vs SF unlike DC Universe

Here's the link just so you know I'm not bull****ting: http://www.2d-x.com/mortal-kombat-ps-vita/

Also, like I said, putting aside the toned down fatalities that the game would most likely have, I still think MK vs SF would be a much better game than MK vs DC Universe. MK vs DC Universe had more problems than just the finishers, the game had VERY little replay value, and the gameplay just wasn't all that good; it wasn't even close to being a game worth the $60. After SFxT, I doubt that a potential MKxSF would be as boring and barebones as MK vs DCU was

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Well,to me he always was broken,with his ability to kill you with his smashes at low %
When i was a ike noob,i've beaten 3 pretty good guy on online,on of them was meta knight(wich i almost killed the most)so,to me,ike is broken!

LOL,i think there should be a mode where you're broken(infinite jump,recovery,and mega damage)everyone is broken,so it's still "balanced",but with super powerful chars

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well,to me he always was broken,with his ability to kill you with his smashes at low %
When i was a ike noob,i've beaten 3 pretty good guy on online,on of them was meta knight(wich i almost killed the most)so,to me,ike is broken!

LOL,i think there should be a mode where you're broken(infinite jump,recovery,and mega damage)everyone is broken,so it's still "balanced",but with super powerful chars
Lol I feel Ike is broken too a lot of times because I have to fight Ryo sometimes at our locals lol.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I know,but multiple things stay wrong,like i said,the smashes,i don't even need to charge,it KO to easily,there is a tier but even low tiers have something broken!
Don't forgot that he's really slow though. And that all his moves are slow except for jab and grab basically. But REALLLY good Ike players know how to use it well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Metal Overlord: Actually, about that... they decided they wouldn't do a MK vs SF game overall. They liked the idea, but didn't think it would fit the characters well enough.

Really, the SF characters that would do fatalities is a small list. Cammy, Vega, Bison, and Akuma. That's... it. Atleast of the SFII cast. Not sure of the later ones, heh.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Eh, like I said, I'm just going off of what NetherRealm said. I don't really care if it happens or not (I just want another MK action-adventure game like Shaolin Monks :urg:), I'm just saying that it's possible based on what I've seen NRS themselves say

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see Capcom make a Marvel vs. Disney game.

[COLLAPSE="Disney Roster"]Disney Shorts
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Goofy
- Pete

Disney Afternoon
- Scrooge McDuck
- Gizmoduck
- Darkwing Duck

Disney Villains
- Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
- Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- John Silver (Treasure Planet)
- Doctor Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)

Disney Princesses
- Mulan
- Rapunzel (Tangled)

Animated Movies
- Dumbo - with Hypers involving Pink Elephants
- Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)
- Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
- Aladdin - with Hypers involving the Genie
- Simba (The Lion King)
- Hercules - with Hypers involving Pegasus and the Titans
- Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
- Wreck-It Ralph

Live-Action Movies
- Elliott (Pete's Dragon) - the obligatory obscure character
- Tron

Pixar
- Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
- Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles) - with Hypers involving Elastigirl, Dash, and Violet

Boss
- Chernabog (Fantasia)[/COLLAPSE]

I cannot really think of an interesting Marvel roster without rehasing whatever we had in MvC2 and MvC3... I guess they could add Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, the Punisher, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Emma Frost, and Lockjaw (with Hypers involving the Pet Avengers). I don't really read the Marvel comics but I watch the cartoons and movies.

Well Sakurai loves SF64 so I do believe Wolf was planned. Looking at that picture, I can also believe Meowth was planned to be playable also. He would have gone right next to Mewtwo and under Jigglypuff. Leaving the open space for Pit or a FE rep that was "planned".

I know four Pokemon is a lot, but we also have four "Mario" characters if you will. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK. So I think it's quite possible actually.
I wish that was true. Every time someone brings up "Meowth in Smash 64", my heart breaks a little. He is my Sukapon. :(

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Don't forgot that he's really slow though. And that all his moves are slow except for jab and grab basically. But REALLLY good Ike players know how to use it well.
Yeah,that's his flaw!
there is always a reason to why a character can do something,even if the reason is far away but the character really did it(ex:his double jump seems to come from a cutscene)he jumped high,but one of his advantage(unexpected)is that he is not that heavy!
now,to make it balanced,have guys who know how to use him!
And one of the things that is boring about balance is if it's bad,you have to fix it yourself by learning how to play it!
Damn,they need to balance t.link's Dair,my friend main him and he often spam it,and it's not even for tactical reason!He can hit me 3 times with this cr*p!

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Damn,they need to balance t.link's Dair,my friend main him and he often spam it,and it's not even for tactical reason!He can hit me 3 times with this cr*p!
Lol, its not that hard to avoid really. If he uses it so much, than when he is in the air you should know its coming and avoid it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I want Nintendo vs Capcom, dammit :cry:

I want to be able to use Viewtiful Joe against Nintendo characters even though he won't get into Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom