• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's something that might interest you: Back before Brawl was announced in 2006, I ran across a fan site that had a lot of pages on ideas that he thought would be cool in the next Super Smash Bros. called "Super Smash Bros. Online". The website is no longer up/running but the website has been archived so 90% of the stuff is still accessible.

What really got me interested is the site creator made a HUGE page of a list of character that would be great ideas to put in Brawl (even including names of special moves, what their taunts be, and even their victory music). He ended up listing every Brawl newcomer except Lucas, Ike, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, R.O.B., Snake, & Sonic. Please note that this was an IDEA list, NOT a wish list. I managed to put ALL of the characters he thought of in one picture (but I excluded any character that have been playable in 64, Melee, or Brawl) but I made plenty of changes on the pictures used on the site:

- Changed pictures that were fan art (or the wrong picture) to official artwork (if possible)
- Poor quality images were replaced with higher quality ones.
- Several outdated artworks were replaced with a more up to date one.
- If there's any I missed/messed up on please tell me

So here are all the characters he suggest that haven't been in any of the Smash Bros. games yet (warning: big image):

What do you think? Are some of his choice good/bad/what?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True, but I'm not getting my expectations high at E3 so I don't disappoint myself if they really don't show a lot. I think Brawl was pretty far in production when it was shown at E3 2006 but I can't say for sure. But here is some things that could result in a big revealing at E3:

- If Sakurai has been lying about how far in developing he's in.
- If he uses the Brawl engine for a start.
- If he uses his scrapped Brawl ideas and put them in the next game.
- If he already gotten a team of some sort to work on it.

But, again, I'm not expecting something too big so I don't get disappointed.
Sakurai has stated already that they're using the Brawl engine as a start. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be using Brawl's engine, just something to have so they don't have to rewrite everything from scratch.

And something tells me that the conceptual level of development started earlier than at Uprising's release. The game was delayed a few times and you can't have prospective employees in limbo.

SpongeBob for SSB4!!!! :troll:

Reminds me of dattebayo on the serebii forums years ago who wanted Spongebob in. Needless to say, everyone thought he was an idiot.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Igglybuff but no Mewtwo? **** dat

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE POPPY'S BADASS POST UP THERE. Doc Louis in any codec would be amazing

:phone:
Thank you.

The best codec: A character from each franchise that could have a codec interrupting the others, leading to an all-out fight. Includes every mentioned character(Moe, Doc Louis, Palutena, Slippy, Colonel) and then some. Like Oak, Toadsworth, etc.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Here's something that might interest you: Back before Brawl was announced in 2006, I ran across a fan site that had a lot of pages on ideas that he thought would be cool in the next Super Smash Bros. called "Super Smash Bros. Online". The website is no longer up/running but the website has been archived so 90% of the stuff is still accessible.
Holy ****!
You found it!!

I remember this website. I used to read and look at it every day, so I could have an idea of what I wanted for Brawl.
Ah, those were good times. I didn't even consider myself the gamer I am now.

The best codec: A character from each franchise that could have a codec interrupting the others, leading to an all-out fight. Includes every mentioned character(Moe, Doc Louis, Palutena, Slippy, Colonel) and then some. Like Oak, Toadsworth, etc.
Pit: Oh, look! It's Pokémon Trainer.
Pit: Lady Palutena?
Oak: Are you a boy or a girl?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Thank you, thank you.

*bows*

I love the dialogue between the two in that game. It's seriously one of my favorite things about Uprising. I also like writing them.

A lot.
Pfft Breadbug did you know I used to write these codecs before you posted em? I'm still having em in my Deviantart-page, under name IndyGoNagaretton.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmmm... Whenever I think of a codec with Moe in it, I always imagine him with Knuckle Joe's VA from the Kirby anime. Both VAs, too.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just read them. The codecs were very entertaining to read, please do more!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Thanksies- (-^^-)

It's quite a long time when I've continued doing em, but since I cleared Uprising, I'll be more confident to do some more with much better incharacterising. Last ones left for me were Marth, Toad and /I think/ Shantae.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More possible conversations from the likes of Doc Louis...

Little Mac vs. Captain Falcon
Doc Louis: Hey Mac baby, you're up against old Captain Falcon, eh? He may have raw power and quick feet, but he's not a fast attacker. Take advantage of his slow attack speed whenever you have the opportunity. Got it?!

Little Mac vs. King K. Rool
Doc Louis: Boy oh boy, this guy must have one heck of a sore eye there. Makes me want to duck and cover. K. Rool is big, super heavy, and powerful, but he's also a very slow fighter. Get to him before he gets to you. After all, the bigger they are, the harder they'll get knocked out. *laughs*

Little Mac vs. Kirby
Doc Louis: You might want to be on your toes for this opponent Mac. Kirby may not look like a threat, but his ability to inhale his opponents is not something to underestimate. If he gets you, he'll copy your moves. In other words, don't get swallowed out there. Hmm, with an appetite like that, I wonder if he likes chocolate bars, because I can sure go for one right now.

Little Mac vs. Sonic
Doc Louis: Wow, Sonic sure is one fast character there. Therefore, you just have to be faster when facing him Mac. Beat Sonic to the punch, and you should do fine. Man, just talking about Sonic makes me rather hungry; maybe I'll get a chocolate bar to hold me over. *laughs*

D

Deleted member

More possible conversations from the likes of Doc Louis...

Little Mac vs. Sonic
Doc Louis: Wow, Sonic sure is one fast character there. Therefore, you just have to be faster when facing him Mac. Beat Sonic to the punch, and you should do fine. Man, just talking about Sonic makes me rather hungry; maybe I'll get a chocolate bar to hold me over. *laughs*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice codecs, Horsetail and MSG!

At that SSB Online site...that Muddy moveset...bleh. Way to use only one of his attacks from the games in his specials and not give him a Victory Theme:/

I did like his ending theme, though!:D

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Muddy Mole, I completely forgot that Sakurai has shown great interest in him.
Can someone link me to a moveset?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just rewatched Pico's Master Class profile video yesterday

Oh my god, he is such a ****ing BAMF. He should get his own game, he should get in Smash, he just needs more exposure in general (like Samurai Goroh)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mario

General Mario
Doctor Mario COSTUME (Pills work just like normal fireballs, speed/hitbox, identicle attack, different model)

Zelda / Sheik

Skyward Sword outfit / Inspired Sheik
General Outfit / OT Inspired Sheik

Wario

Biker Wario
Overalls Wario

I think these are all the costumes we really need. All other costumes are bonus IMO. Although I do think Krystal is one of the few characters who actually has a legitimately GOOD costume swap.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mario needs a new Down B, end of story

I REFUSE to accept the horse**** he got in Brawl

Or, they just make his down B useful. I'm sure it could be good anti recovery moved, if given the right properties.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Just rewatched Pico's Master Class profile video yesterday

Oh my god, he is such a ****ing BAMF. He should get his own game, he should get in Smash, he just needs more exposure in general (like Samurai Goroh)

Wow, I just so happened to watch that today... I think Pico would be a great newcomer for Sm4sh considering his skills with a gun and stuff. And what do you think about Miyamoto kind of considering the possible chance of F-zero coming to Wii U?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Muddy Mole, I completely forgot that Sakurai has shown great interest in him.
Can someone link me to a moveset?
Well, here's my moveset for him.

Muddy Mole

A: Right Claw Swipe 2%
AA: Left Claw Swipe 3%
AAA: Alternating claw barrage. 2% per hit
A Side: Muddy does a small punch. Can be performed in quick succession. 8%
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up. 12%
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet. 14%
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward. 13%

Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt. 18%
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.22%
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides. 20%

Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage. 5%
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair. 4%
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair. 7%
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc. 4%
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash. 9%

Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso. 4%
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him. 10%
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario. 8%
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward. 15%
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process. 12%

His Neutral B would be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole. It does 15% when pushed forward with no charge, 22% when charged. Going backwards, it does 20% uncharged, and 30% when charged.

His Side B will be the Bomb Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However, it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a bomb that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the bomb to ram opponents. It then explodes. Can be a decent horizontal recovery. 15%

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's. 16% with the corkscrew, 10% if the cabbage hits you.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage (50%) and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Taunts: Up: He adjusts his sunglasses with a shine and smiles. (With the clichéd *ding* sound of course)
Down: He digs a small hole and pulls out a small cabbage. He proceeds to eat it.
Side: He holds out his paw and extends his claws.

Costumes: Red: Normal color
Blue: Blue neckerchief
Green: Green Neckerchief
Others: Pink, yellow, and black neckerchiefs.

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a pair of shades and a handkerchief.

Codec Conversation: Snake: Colonel, who's the mole wearing sunglasses?
Colonel: That's Muddy Mole, Snake.
Snake: Never heard of him. He's probably no big threat.
Colonel: Be careful, Snake, Muddy here can do something that no one else here can do. He'll dig right beneath you and hit you from the other side.
Snake: That's pretty cheap, wouldn't you say?
Colonel: Coming from the man who's fighting a mole, while using a ton of explosives...just make sure to watch out, Snake.
Snake: What else is there to watch for?
Colonel: Besides digging, Muddy can also launch giant iron balls. And bombs, too.
Snake: ...Ugh.

Playstyle: Basically, Muddy Mole is your trap user to the extreme. Block off certain spots with the Iron Ball, dig underneath it, and hit the foes on the other side is a pretty good tactic. If time is running out on it, throw it for good damage. Being a mole, Muddy is best on the ground, of course. Many of his smashes and throws are powerful. That being said, if you’re playing Muddy in the air for any reason other than recovery, you’re using him wrong. Muddy is just plain bad in the air. Low fall speed, bad aerials, and semi-lightweight an aerial fighter does not make. All in all, Muddy is an interesting character to play as, and will leave the opponents guessing as to which move he’ll use next.

EDIT: By the way, in the event we get a new type of Special a la the Side in Melee and Final Smash in Brawl, I was thinking Muddy could use a Pipe from his game to redirect projectiles. The pipe can be moved around the stage, but also thrown off. It is an elbow pipe, so it could make some interesting strategies with Muddy going behind it to hide from Projectiles. I dunno. Just an idea. Any comments on this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank you very much, Golden. I tried to stay true to Mole Mania, while still making it fit the style of Smash.

By the way...are the damage percentages too over or underpowered?

D

Deleted member

I am honestly not good at determining what is fair for damage percentages unless its something I can try out and visualise like on a fangame.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. Funny, I'm similar in that regard. I tried just looking at ranges of other character's percentages and basing it off of those, but balancing weak air game with nice smashes and throws, as well as some useful specials.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Using percentages is just to give your moveset FLARE. Doesn't mean anything. Just looks cool.
I only started doing them on my movesets after I saw your Ridley moveset. You're a trend setter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Funny. I only put percentages because everyone else was, and I thought I needed it to be complete. xD

Iblis would be proud of us. :cool:

Anyway, anyone have feedback on the possible new special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom