• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I would love to see Capcom make a Marvel vs. Disney game.

[COLLAPSE="Disney Roster"]Disney Shorts
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Goofy
- Pete

Disney Afternoon
- Scrooge McDuck
- Gizmoduck
- Darkwing Duck

Disney Villains
- Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
- Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
- John Silver (Treasure Planet)
- Doctor Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)

Disney Princesses
- Mulan
- Rapunzel (Tangled)

Animated Movies
- Dumbo - with Hypers involving Pink Elephants
- Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)
- Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
- Aladdin - with Hypers involving the Genie
- Simba (The Lion King)
- Hercules - with Hypers involving Pegasus and the Titans
- Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
- Wreck-It Ralph

Live-Action Movies
- Elliott (Pete's Dragon) - the obligatory obscure character
- Tron

Pixar
- Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
- Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles) - with Hypers involving Elastigirl, Dash, and Violet

Boss
- Chernabog (Fantasia)[/COLLAPSE]

I cannot really think of an interesting Marvel roster without rehasing whatever we had in MvC2 and MvC3... I guess they could add Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, the Punisher, Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Emma Frost, and Lockjaw (with Hypers involving the Pet Avengers). I don't really read the Marvel comics but I watch the cartoons and movies.

I wish that was true. Every time someone brings up "Meowth in Smash 64", my heart breaks a little. He is my Sukapon. :(

You should google,there are tons of pictures like this

And i know it's coming,but everytime he's here,there are other friend,i'm better than some of them so we try to balance with a "noob/normale teaming with a good/exelente",so it's always a team match,and when i get attacked,i can't sheild and he try to spam,but i'm lucky,he rarely win,he is almost always the second

A nintendo vs capcom,i want too,but i want to keep all the characters and sh*t(AKA not like the stupid guy)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just because Ike has moves that can easily KO, does not mean that he's broken. His recovery is bad, and his attacks are rather slow too.

Anyway, if Ike does manage to come back, I'm pretty sure that his moveset will pretty much stay the same.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see Disney characters in a fighting game. It's just weird...
"I don't see (insert characters) in a fighting game. It's just weird..." is a commonly used phrase. Come up with something new. :embarrass:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
TREASURE PLANET. Someone in here actually referenced in that movie! I loved Treasure Planet, used to watch that all the time as a kid

Anyway, am I the only one who thought Zero Suit Samus was well done in Brawl? I really enjoyed playing as her, definitely a hell of a lot more than Samus

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
"I don't see (insert characters) in a fighting game. It's just weird..." is a commonly used phrase. Come up with something new. :embarrass:
Um, ok... well I really don't see it happening. Disney characters are more kid friendly so I don't think a fighting game would suit that. I especially don't see a fighting game like Marvel going against Disney characters.

And @Metal: Wow, I watched the movie a lot as a kid as well. I always loved it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Metal Overlord: Actually, about that... they decided they wouldn't do a MK vs SF game overall. They liked the idea, but didn't think it would fit the characters well enough.

Really, the SF characters that would do fatalities is a small list. Cammy, Vega, Bison, and Akuma. That's... it. Atleast of the SFII cast. Not sure of the later ones, heh.
That list would only apply to Cammy if we're talking about Killer Bee Cammy. Delta Red Cammy would never do such a thing.

@mypantsisgone
Learn to play the game and get better. Toon Link's DAir is NOTHING compared to Rufus or Yun's dive kicks. Seriously, the stuff you're complaining about is the kind of stuff people complain about for the first week or so before figuring it out.

@M+S
I think they will make Ike a bit faster, or at least give him more close range options besides his jab and grab. Axes would be a good pick for him.

And if there's gonna be a Disney vs. Marvel, this guy MUST be in it. No question.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've only played Shadow Dragon and I only know details of the games from the wikis.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Um, ok... well I really don't see it happening. Disney characters are more kid friendly so I don't think a fighting game would suit that. I especially don't see a fighting game like Marvel going against Disney characters.
Well, that may apply to certain Disney characters in my roster like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. but most of the characters aren't so kid-friendly. What about the Disney superheroes like Darkwing Duck, Gizmoduck, and Mr. Incredible? What about the Disney sci-fi based characters like John Silver, Tron, Buzz Lightyear, and Stitch? What about the Disney magic based characters like Maleficent, Merlin, and Doctor Facilier? What about the Disney sword based characters like Aladdin, Mulan, and Scrooge McDuck (he would use a cane like a sword and possibly use his moves from the NES games)?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Fire Emblem game I played was The Sacred Stones and that's only because it was a free Ambassador game. Fire Emblem series really doesn't interest me. I like playing as Ike more than I like playing as Marth and especially Roy... but I wouldn't be upset if Ike was cut to make room for Krom.

EDIT: Take a look at 0:36 of this video... is that Team Rocket?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
This is what I'm waiting for: A triple crossover fighting game. Tekken v.s Mortal Kombat v.s Street Fighter.

Also, MK looks too much like Meta Knight. Abbreviation is lazy.:glare:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Only if street fighter and tekken got blood that will happen bro.

Edit: you guys want me too play mvc2 with all this VS stuff.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This is what I'm waiting for: A triple crossover fighting game. Tekken v.s Mortal Kombat v.s Street Fighter.

Also, MK looks too much like Meta Knight. Abbreviation is lazy.:glare:
MK is Mario Kart too. :awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
MK is Mario Kart too. :awesome:
So many lazy abbreviations.

SF: Starfox, Street Fighter
MK: Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart, Meta Knight
KI: Kid Icarus, Killer Instinct
BK: Banjo Kazooie, Black Knight
BS: Bull****, Black Shadow

It's funny. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aw! No love for Shonen Jump vs. Capcom? :(

Seeing Ryu vs. Goku would have been awesome! It would do better than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because everybody knows a majority of their characters and is one of the most popular manga companies in history. Some say that licensing issues will be a problem for internations releases. Namco Bandai had licensed most of the character for games like the Jump Ultimate Stars and Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi series. Now hiring voice actors from Funimation and Viz Media is another obstacle. I think everything will work out since Capcom made money off DLC for the past few years.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyways, regarding that theory about how Sakurai was faced with a choice between adding either Dedede or six clones into Melee, do you all think he made the correct decision?
Well, I don't think it's true for one, but, I would say he did.

Aw! No love for Shonen Jump vs. Capcom? :(
That would never come out in the states.

And, yes, NxC will happen at one point. It WILL.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ronald MC Donald for SSB4!!!! :troll:

Which reminds me of my favorite quote from the Dubspace Emissary videos on Youtube.

Bowser: And you thought I was dead! Good thing my home boy Jack in the Box lend me his ride after I had saved him from an assassin attempt from Ronald McDonald.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i wouldn't mind seeing Jump vs Marvel, actually. ghost rider vs ryuk, anyone? or monkey vs mr. fantastic? or gambit vs. yugi.

then Ultimo could come out of nowhere and be like, "what side do i fight for?" (come on - a Jump character made by Stan Lee would end up pretty confused in such a scenario.)

D

Deleted member

I don't believe that "Wolf in Smash 64" stuff until I hear it from the horse's mouth. I haven't heard that stuff in the past 12 years, whereas I've seen several valid links of interviews with Sakurai about King Dedede, Mewtwo, Bowser, and arguably Peach being considered for Smash 64. Heck, even the rumors that Pit and Meowth were originally planned as potential characters in Smash 64 holds more weight than this Wolf nonsense. Besides that, it doesn't matter. Wolf was playable in the last smash bros, duh! :laugh:
I fail to see how Meowth, Pit, and Peach hold more weight than this "Wolf nonsense" when considering the only thing we have of those three is word of mouth. At least the guy that claims Wolf was planned lists Famitsu as a source, and if Famitsu is enough for people to believe that Sakurai considered a Villager from Animal Crossing for Brawl, why wouldn't it be proof enough for Wolf in 64?
If Peach was planned at least, wouldn't Sakurai make note of that when he talked about Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede on the pre-Melee poll page? I mean, Peach DID get 2nd place.
As for the inevitable "He didn't mention Wolf" counterargument, remember that Wolf wasn't even in the Top 20, so why would he mention Wolf at that point in time?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So many lazy abbreviations.

SF: Starfox, Street Fighter
MK: Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart, Meta Knight
KI: Kid Icarus, Killer Instinct
BK: Banjo Kazooie, Black Knight
BS: Bull****, Black Shadow

It's funny. :awesome:
Yea, I get confused when you guys mention Pit cuz I'm thinking yall are talking about Killer Instinct.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's gonna be Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

I'm calling it right now
I agree, especially with Mortal Kombat finally getting a new entry that isn't absolutely mediocre.
MK vs. SF?[COLLAPSE="Click here for the image"]
[/COLLAPSE]
My reaction exactly... unless Mortal Kombat stays good and Capcom stops charging 65 bucks for a game that will ultimately be re-released for 45 bucks and have a total of 60 dollars worth of lazily put together DLC content and 5 dollars worth of patches to the game that the developers were too cheap to add for free! :mad:
Marvel vs. Capcom vs. DC is what it will be. You heard it here first.
You know I initially thought that, but it seems to far fetched. DC and Capcom have only crossed together a handful of times, and haven't done so for decades.
^^^look up brawl -

I thought ike was mid tier. Regardless he's not broken
Ike is a mid tier character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh my...that's a catastrophe! Are you sure he's not pulling a prank?

I'm sorry, but I'm feline...uh, felling...total disbelief after that!

It's his cat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom