• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Didn't Sakurai already admit to considering an AC character a long time ago? Not really news IMO...
It is news in the sense that this person was quoting from the actual Famitsu print. For now it has all been based off of the Japanese Smash Bros wikipedia page. Hearing the actual context of the conversation changes what I, at least, had originally thought about AC. For kicks here is the full quote from the dude.

In the February 29, 2008 issue of Famitsu, Sakurai said that he was thinking about including the playable character from Animal Crossing (using a shovel and net), but in the end he had to prioritize and include other characters who more closely fit the "image" of Super Smash Bros. With those priority characters out of the way, it's probable that the Animal Crossing character has reemerged at the top of Sakurai's list of candidates. It's also worth noting that since the completion of the Brawl planning document, Animal Crossing has gained a feature film, a Wii game, and an upcoming 3DS game. It's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.
The user is doing his own character speculation, and it is actually very reasonable.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36944703&postcount=5207

Wait, so he decided upon the "can't fight" thing for them because he had to prioritize his character choices?

So...does that mean.....the Villager has a chance now, considering that there are less characters he has to truly worry about? Interesting. Guess an AC character isn't as farfetched as I thought now...
That is what the context seems to suggest. We'll see though.

^^^^^^ That was my working model for the game. They decided to cut me out of the game early on because they couldn't animate the lips properly

That's also why I wasn't in the Forbidden 7
Dude that is hilarious. XD lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It is news in the sense that this person was quoting from the actual Famitsu print. For now it has all been based off of the Japanese Smash Bros wikipedia page. Hearing the actual context of the conversation changes what I, at least, had originally thought about AC. For kicks here is the full quote from the dude.

The user is doing his own character speculation, and it is actually very reasonable.

I guess we're all just starved for any kind of news. "shrugs"

The Video Games Live stream is starting, already confirmed Sonic music will be played. :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Watching the VGL stream, just confirmed that they're doing Mega Man in a sec, I helped with the segment so please watch. :3

What's going on with Animal Crossing 3DS BTW?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And Waluigi is probably the most popular Mario newcomer in general, but that doesn't make him a good idea.

Heard it here first, Tom Nook is almost as bad as Waluigi.
Ridley is as bad as Geno

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But you're a furry, so it's only natural that you'd prefer Tom Nook as your Animal Crossing character of choice.

D

Deleted member

You know a character that I've NEVER seen suggested not ONCE for Smash? General Scales from Star Fox Adventures

:phone:
I have seen him be suggested. While I would honestly support him over Krystal due to being a dinosaur and not a blue space fox blatantly designed for sex appeal, I understand that he has less a chance than even Andross.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will say that Samus needs to head back to her Melee status, as her attacks could actually KO easily in that game. In Brawl, her n-air hardly has any knockback.
Nah, that doesn't suit her. She shouldn't be a physically very strong character imo. She really should be all about the projectiles. At least the missiles should work like they did in Melee, but I'd like them to try their best more to make her special moves look more they actually came straight from Metroid. Her Screw Attack should be kuch stronger, and I want some Other M styled usage of her Charge Shot, along with walking and charging it up and being aboe to aim the shot. Overall she should remain much like she was in Brawl in terms of her other moves, woth maybe a slight power boost on N-Air, D Tilt and Up Smash ( along with super armor on this move). She should be difficult to play as anyways.

What's good everyone btw? Back for a bit now from a long week at my girl's place. Miss her already so I'll be back at her place again tomorrow. But yeah, checking y'all out now to check what's up and see what's new.

Also: Impa 4 Smash :awesome:

General Scales vs King K.Rool vs Donkey Kong vs Fox. Best dream match ever!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hello there Mr. person who uses the quote button even less than I do Diddy

Did General Scales even appear in Brawl? As like a trophy or a sticker?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't blame me, blame technology :awesome:

I think he maybe was a sticker. Can't really recall though.

D

Deleted member

I just read that Famitsu refers to Anna as Fire Emblem's mascot.
That's right; it's not Marth. It's Anna. Think maybe IS will push for her in Sm4sh?

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
After playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the past week, I really want Shulk to be playable in the next Smash.
I see so many possibilities for his moveset.

Shulk 4 Smash

D

Deleted member

In a way, she's kind of the ideal FE newcomer.

-She is obviously female
-She doesn't have blue hair
-She isn't another Lord (she is a Trickster; she was also a Pegasus Knight in Ike's games)
-She is recurring (every FE but Gaiden)
-She is relevant with the new FE (and recruitable for the first time)
-She can't possibly be a threat to Roy or Ike
-Apparently she is to FE what Pikachu is to Pokemon

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In a way, she's kind of the ideal FE newcomer.

-She is obviously female
-She doesn't have blue hair
-She isn't another Lord (she is a Trickster; she was also a Pegasus Knight in Ike's games)
-She is recurring (every FE but Gaiden)
-She is relevant with the new FE (and recruitable for the first time)
-She can't possibly be a threat to Roy or Ike
-Apparently she is to FE what Pikachu is to Pokemon
Guess the only thing is people will say "blah blah blah Fire Emblem doesn't deserve four reps blah blah blah". I don't know much about her so I won't say anything knocking her.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Am I the only one who noticed that Famitsu article that was posted said, "Since Brawl, Animal Crossing has gained a feature film, a Wii game, and an upcoming 3DS game."

When was Animal Crossing: The Movie released?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace

Dude's getting hung-up on Sakurai's use of the word "prioritize." He's not talking about a literal hierarchy, he's talking about where to draw the line (and how important that line is).

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who noticed that Famitsu article that was posted said, "Since Brawl, Animal Crossing has gained a feature film, a Wii game, and an upcoming 3DS game."

When was Animal Crossing: The Movie released?
Japan only.
It was an anime film.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anna wont be in Smash. Krom most likely will though. Unless Anna holds some suprisingly huge plot importance somehow, I dont see it happening.

D

Deleted member

Ironic that you support Impa but disown Anna. Anna is more important to FE than Impa is to LoZ.

I suppose Groose or Ghirahim is better suited than Impa? :troll:

EDIT: Don't bother responding, as I'm just going to ignore it since I'm being a troll.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anna was never really too important though. At least Impa has 2 noticeable appearances. Anna is about to get one, and st this point zi don't see her as much more likely than say, Micaiah was Pre-Brawl.

Too late, already replied.

Anyways. All Fire Emblem characters I expect are swordsmen. Af this point I see Marth, Krom, Ike and possibly Roy as the mot likely roster. All could be similar to esch other, but different in their B moves. Krom should use one attack with a lance, and Ike one with an axe. If customisation is possible, allow for more moves to be used by different weapons for Ike and Krom. Maybe change their main weapon in their moveset all over? Give Marth and Roy a rapier stab for a customisablr move as well. I imagine such a move to be an excelent shield poking move. Marth should hust be plain fast swordsman ship as we know him, but he could maybe use the Shield of Seals as well somehow? Roy could use hismblade to heal of damage maybe, and his long range fire attack could somehow represent the magic tomes in Fire Emblem somewhat.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wait... unless this Anna chick somehow has the power to travel through time/space, how do we know that this Anna in FE13 is the same Anna throughout all Fire Emblem games? Isn't "Anna" just a recurring name?

D

Deleted member

Wait... unless this Anna chick somehow has the power to travel through time/space, how do we know that this Anna in FE13 is the same Anna throughout all Fire Emblem games? Isn't "Anna" just a recurring name?
"Anna appears to be able to travel between the worlds of each title; Fire Emblem: Kakusei reveals that she manages the Other World Gate."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since Chrono is not here, and as the 2nd biggest FE fan on the thread, I should probably say that you all are making Anna out to be bigger than she is.

FE13 is her first real notable appearance and she isn't even a main character. Other than that she's been in charge of the in-game tutorials and menus for every FE game except Gaiden.

Playing Castlevania on the VGL stream. :cool:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Scratch that thought... wouldn't it be cool if Fire Emblem got a new stage with the Other World Gate and Anna is there in the background? Maybe Anna would make the stage travel through time, showing us battles from different Fire Emblem games? Would make sense than what we already have with Castle Siege.... randomly changing scenes just because.

D

Deleted member

Since Chrono is not here, and as the 2nd biggest FE fan on the thread, I should probably say that you all are making Anna out to be bigger than she is.

FE13 is her first real notable appearance and she isn't even a main character. Other than that she's been in charge of the in-game tutorials and menus for every FE game except Gaiden.

Playing Castlevania on the VGL stream. :cool:
Pikachu is nothing special within the games, but is the mascot for Pokemon. Pikachu is in Smash.
(Also Jigglypuff is nothing special, is not the mascot, and has been around for all three Smashes with little chance of leaving.)

Anna is nothing special within the games, but is the mascot for Fire Emblem. She now has fighting ability.
Why can't she follow suit?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Scratch that thought... wouldn't it be cool if Fire Emblem got a new stage with the Other World Gate and Anna is there in the background? Maybe Anna would make the stage travel through time, showing us battles from different Fire Emblem games? Would make sense than what we already have with Castle Siege.... randomly changing scenes just because.
That would actually make for a pretty cool stage, although no one outside of FE fanboys would know a lot of those locations and battles?

Pikachu is nothing special within the games, but is the mascot for Pokemon. Pikachu is in Smash.

Anna is nothing special within the games, but is the mascot for Fire Emblem. She now has fighting ability.
Why can't she follow suit?
Since when is she the FE mascot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom