• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That would actually make for a pretty cool stage, although no one outside of FE fanboys would know a lot of those locations and battles?

Since when is she the FE mascot?
Since Famitsu said so.

EDIT:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@GoldenStar: That was kind of creepy.

And it's funny that they had to say she was the mascot since no one considered her as such prior.

Anyway, Anna is a bad idea like Nook and Waluigi.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have played Smash 64 extensively since I got the Virtual Console version. Meowth stays in place and merely flips it's one-dimensional image left and right like the other Pokemon...
In fact, Meowth was no different from Koffing, except he flipped left and right like Charizard.[COLLAPSE="Click here for an image of Meowth"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I believe Meowth has frames to move around. Maybe I'm getting Brawl and Smash 64 Meowth mixed up a lot.
[COLLAPSE="Click here for an image of King Dedede"]
[/COLLAPSE]Beta image of beta King Dedede using a beta Warp Star on beta Dreamland in beta Smash 64.
I'm pretty sure that is game footage from Kirby 64.

Also, Chrono Trigger music is on here! YEAH-YUH!!!
Chrono Cross isn't a worthy sequel! Speaking of Famitsu, they gave Cross a 40/40 but Trigger a 39/40. Dumb a**es.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just read that Famitsu refers to Anna as Fire Emblem's mascot.
That's right; it's not Marth. It's Anna. Think maybe IS will push for her in Sm4sh?[COLLAPSE="Click here for image"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I do not take a magazine that almost gave Kingdom Hearts II a perfect score seriously. Seriously, Kingdom Hearts II had the same score as Chrono Trigger too. Stupid magazine is stupid.
(who in the hell thinks that FFXIII or Chrono Cross is superior to Chrono Trigger=???)

Besides, anyone who knows anything knows Marth is and has always been "the guy." Anna also doesn't do anything until this Fire Emblem game. Plus maybe .0001% of smashers know who she is. Comparing her to Pikachu (who everyone in the civilized world knows of) is silly.

D

Deleted member

I believe Meowth has frames to move around. Maybe I'm getting Brawl and Smash 64 Meowth mixed up a lot.

I'm pretty sure that is game footage from Kirby 64.

Also, Chrono Trigger music! YEAH!!!
Chrono Cross isn't a worthy sequel!
You are. And even then, Brawl Meowth stayed in place and didn't hop around the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc8aFF9p7E8
This is a video showing a glitch that involves Meowth, but notice before hand that Meowth just stays in place in the air and flips left and right.

@Tri:
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312B.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312D.jpg

These two scans talk about Anna. According to a translator, part of it refers to her as the mascot.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I believe Meowth's Pay Day in Brawl was intended to be Meowth's Final Smash. :( I want to believe that Meowth was planned to be in Smash 64 and possibly Melee... there has to be a reason why Meowth wasn't in Melee. The months leading up to Melee was when Meowth's game relevance was at an all-time high.... he appeared in Pokemon Yellow with Team Rocket... Pokemon Puzzle League was based on the game... he was even going to have his own game, goddamit! Meowth was reduced to a trophy... a trophy based on Meowth's Party.... a trophy based on a canceled game... a canceled game that was based on the anime. :(

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Personally, I believe Meowth's Pay Day in Brawl was intended to be Meowth's Final Smash. :( I want to believe that Meowth was planned to be in Smash 64 and possibly Melee... there has to be a reason why Meowth wasn't in Melee. The months leading up to Melee was when Meowth's game relevance was at an all-time high.... he appeared in Pokemon Yellow with Team Rocket... Pokemon Puzzle League was based on the game... he was even going to have his own game, goddamit! Meowth was reduced to a trophy... a trophy based on Meowth's Party.... a trophy based on a canceled game... a canceled game that was based on the anime. :(
Sad... :scared:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Meowth's Pay Day was meant to be an attack for a playable version of said character, it would be his down B or neutral B.

There was no Final Smash data in Smash 64, other than the 1 sound test phrase by the announcer.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I do not take a magazine that almost gave Kingdom Hearts II a perfect score seriously. Seriously, Kingdom Hearts II had the same score as Chrono Trigger too. Stupid magazine is stupid.
Funny you would mention that. I remember when everyone thought Famitsu was hot **** and them giving perfect scores was the greatest thing that could happen because those scores were rare....and then I remembered not many other reviewers hand out that many perfect scores either. How many perfect scores do they have now? 9? When the likes of IGN and Gamespot only have like 2 or 3 at most?

Famitsu is rubbish.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not having high hopes for Meowth really. If we are gonna get a 1st generation rep, I think you can count on Mewtwo best. Next would be either Raichu or Blastoise imo. Maybe next time though. Unless Jigglypuff gets cut of coarse, which I'm not expecting.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Funny you would mention that. I remember when everyone thought Famitsu was hot **** and them giving perfect scores was the greatest thing that could happen because those scores were rare....and then I remembered not many other reviewers hand out that many perfect scores either. How many perfect scores do they have now? 9? When the likes of IGN and Gamespot only have like 2 or 3 at most?

Famitsu is rubbish.
>Trashes Famitsu
>Praises IGN

Pick one. Either both or bad or both are good. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna beat the **** out of Blastoise and Charizard as Jigglypuff all of a sudden.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Meowth's Pay Day was meant to be an attack for a playable version of said character, it would be his down B or neutral B.

There was no Final Smash data in Smash 64, other than the 1 sound test phrase by the announcer.
No, I meant for Brawl. Sure, 64 Meowth's Pay Day would likely work as a Down B move... but Brawl Meowth's Pay Day seems suitable as a Final Smash.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sorry guys,but I think Lucario is a lot more cool than Mew2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tri:
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312B.jpg
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312D.jpg

These two scans talk about Anna. According to a translator, part of it refers to her as the mascot.
A tough call there, I'll let Chrono (better at Japanese than I am) look and proof it for everyone. Looking through it I honestly didn't see any mention of it.

But IF she is the mascot, she's not a very good one then. A lot of FE fans don't even know who she is, let alone gamers in general. lol

Either way common sense says trophy. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dunno why Golden Y suddenly wants her... it's like the moment he read that sentence that said "Anna is the mascot of Fire Emblem series", something snapped inside his head and Anna is now Golden Y's Impa. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If he wants to start a Impa vs Anna war, I'm on for it.

Actually, I'm not. Missing my girl... :c

D

Deleted member

Dunno why Golden Y suddenly wants her... it's like the moment he read that sentence that said "Anna is the mascot of Fire Emblem series", something snapped inside his head and Anna is now Golden Y's Impa. :awesome:
It's not sudden. When I found out she actually had a role other than tutorial lady and shopkeeper, I wanted her over Krom.
This is because 3 blue-haired swordsman makes for poor representation.
Hearing that she was the mascot for the series clicked that she actually stands a chance to me.

And no, she won't be my "Impa". I want her in Smash, but not that bad to where I cram it down people's throats on subjects that don't even pertain to her.
I'd rather let Shake King be that for me, though I am not that much of a **** to pull a Diddy. No offense, Diddy.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I don't know who here is of any faith that prays, but if any of you are, please pray for the family of my good friend Luis, who passed away yesterday.

We ran track together throughout high school (he and I always did exchanges in sprint relays), and he suddenly died Friday morning in his sleep being only 19 years old.

Sorry to post personal stuff in here, but this is the only thread I'm ever in, and I'm sure his family would appreciate the prayers from whomever of you practice any kind of religion. Thanks, guys.

D

Deleted member

Didn't you know? Daisy's a dude. :troll:

I'm afraid I rarely pray, but I feel for you, Breadbug and your friend's family.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, you just made it awkward for everyone here.

But still, my condolences, I will pray for your friend. You should feel lucky, catholic prayers are three times more effective and more purple than others....or so they say.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, now that I think about it, when it comes to appearances in games, Shy Guy beats Impa.

Every Yoshi game.
Every Mario Party.
Mario Kart DS and 7.
All of the soccer, baseball, and basketball games.
Sports Mix and some tennis games.
Super Mario Bros. 2.
Paper Mario 1 and 2.
Luigi's Mansion.
The Mario and Luigi games.
And Brawl, as a trophy.

Way more than you can say for Impa.

Shy Guy would be my Impa, except, ya know, I'm fine if someone doesn't lik him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Famitsu is rubbish.
I won't say rubbish, but they give too high of scores to Square Enix games. Plus they have something like 12-14 perfect scores. I don't mind perfect scores (actually I prefer a 1-4/1-5 scale), but they have abused it in recent years.

Sorry, but Brawl was not worthy of a perfect score over Melee and Street Fighter II didn't get one. Brawl didn't basically re-create the genre like SFII, it didn't redefine fighting games like Melee, and it didn't introduce a massive crowd of new gamers to fighting games or games in general like either SFII or Melee.

Soul Calibur deserved a perfect score (although not over Street Fighter II), though.

Also, Game Spot and IGN only give high scores to games that get a lot of hype. I think they gave Kingdom Hearts II a better score than Fallout II (a pure masterpiece) and Beyond Good & Evil (way underrated). Game Spot overall is very anti-Nintendo, and IGN sucks too much nuts to be taken seriously. Plus, they are owned by News Corp. :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Since Chrono is not here, and as the 2nd biggest FE fan on the thread, I should probably say that you all are making Anna out to be bigger than she is.

FE13 is her first real notable appearance and she isn't even a main character. Other than that she's been in charge of the in-game tutorials and menus for every FE game except Gaiden.
You pretty much nailed it.

Despite Anna making an appearance in every FE game except Gaiden (FE2), her role in almost every game is practically a cameo.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anna is basically an extension of the menu.

Let's hope the Fire Emblem female brigade doesn't get behind this. Those Fire Emblem female warriors are absolutely nuts.

I don't mind actual Anna fans who are only fans of Anna. Then again, Golden is the only one I have seen recently. I only remember seeing maybe 4 pre-Brawl! :laugh:

@ Poppy
Lulz. Also, this is the best accent joke of all-time! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You pretty much nailed it.

Despite Anna making an appearance in every FE game except Gaiden (FE2), her role in almost every game is practically a cameo.
Hopefully that's a good sign that I got an A on the FE project I did in my Japanese class the other day.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Triple Dash, you really did a Fire Emblem presentation=??? What type of class was it=??? Did any allies die in the process of this presentation=???
It was a project where we basically could do anything as long as it was related to something Japanese.

I had a bunch of import games laying around so I brought them in. And because I had FE1-5 on me, I showed them off and talked about them, while playing FE3 for my class.

I was able to tell them the sequel (FE13) to it was coming out a week later as well. My class even gave a few boos towards Nintendo for not releasing FE12 overseas. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom