• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You honestly don't expect me to believe this, do you?
I bet you understood that the wrong way....I didn't say a SSBB programmer but someone who is good with data and he told me that he dug the data and saw that clones take lesser space than the original character....well I don't know if he was telling the truth or not...take it with a grain of salt.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lottery. It was called Lottery.
Thank you.

Anyways, to Sonic, Generations is definatly his best game to today's standards. Colors was a bit overhyped. I personally didn't like some of the wisp effects. Spikes being the worst on my list. But to those who did like Colors, it was seen in Sonic Gens. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved colors, but the wisps pissed me off a little bit. They brought Colors into Gens., But what irritated me? They brought Rocket and Spikes as the wisp boosts. Are you kidding me?

@Metal Sonic Heroes as Sonic Adventure 3? LOL no.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ike Sama, we're gonna just have to agree to disagree, because the controls for me couldn't have been better. I do agree that the 3D gameplay in either that game or Colors wasn't as good as the Adventure games, though, and I don't think the 2D sections in the 3D levels were necessary considering we already had Classic Sonic for the 2D gameplay in Generations. But they were still enjoyable, IMO, and I really loved Classic Sonic's gameplay

I want the Chao Garden back, too, but there's nothing saying that they might not bring it back in a future 3D Sonic game

vicgur

Smash Ace
I personally liked Coin launcher better than how you got trophys back in Melee. What was the thing called?
I always feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like that mode.
I mean, I know Lottery had no thrill at all, but at least it wasn't terribly calibrated like Coin Launcher.
It was terrible playing that [mini]game. The controls felt awkward as hell. Not to mention it's more repetitive than Space Invaders. :glare:

I don't mind if it comes back in Sm4sh, as long as they make some adjustments, so it lowers my desire to kill someone while I'm playing it.

PS: Getting Idols in Kid Icarus works a little bit like Lottery... Just sayin'.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, getting the Idols in Uprising felt like the Melee Lottery. I wonder if the Trophy Stands might work like the eggs in Uprising... Different colors of Trophy Stands, you know?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I think the Brawl poll was to help reassure Sakurai that his Brawl roster was decent. Maybe the Brawl roster was like this:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Wario
9. Link
10. Zelda / Sheik
11. Ganondorf
12. Toon Link
13. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
14. Pit
15. Ice Climbers
16. R.O.B.
17. Kirby
18. Meta Knight
19. King Dedede
20. Olimar
21. Fox
22. Falco
23. Wolf
24. Captain Falcon
25. Pikachu
26. Pokemon Trainer
27. Lucario
28. Plusle & Minun
29. Ike
30. Lucas
31. Snake
32. Random

After checking the Brawl poll, he liked the idea of a Diddy & Dixie team so he tried to add Dixie to Diddy. He also wanted to make the roster bigger so he added back the characters he cut and cut Wolf and Plusle & Minun.

CUT
- Wolf
- Plusle & Minun

ADD BACK
- Dr. Mario
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Marth
- Roy
- Ness
- Mr. Game & Watch

ADD
- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik

Finally, the Sonic-less Brawl roster would have looked like this.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Dr. Mario
6. Donkey Kong
7. Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
8. Yoshi
9. Wario
10. Link
11. Zelda / Sheik
12. Ganondorf
13. Toon Link
14. Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik
15. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
16. Pit
17. Ice Climbers
18. R.O.B.
19. Kirby
20. Meta Knight
21. King Dedede
22. Olimar
23. Fox
24. Falco
25. Captain Falcon
26. Pikachu
27. Pokemon Trainer
28. Lucario
29. Jigglypuff
30. Mewtwo
31. Marth
32. Roy
33. Ike
34. Ness
35. Lucas
36. Mr. Game & Watch
37. Snake
38. Random

While Sakurai was still working on Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik, Mewtwo, and Roy... Nintendo and Sega agreed to have Sonic in Brawl so Sakurai stopped working on those characters and just added Sonic and then added back Wolf to bump the roster.

CUT
- Dr. Mario
- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik
- Mewtwo
- Roy

ADD
- Sonic

ADD BACK
- Wolf

And that's how we got the final roster we have in Brawl.
Sakurai had stated that there was a reason Dixie was cut from Diddy; he couldn't get the tag-team system to work for them. It had nothing to do with Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Wait... Did you just call Unleashed a SA3? UNLEASHED? Get outta here.
It's called Sonic World Adventure in Japan.
And it was originally intended to be a third installment to the Adventure games.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Someone who is a programmer, told me that clones are not made because they were lazy (it might still be the reason ) but it's because they didn't have enough memory for more characters....so they had to clone some and make adjustments a little bit on their movement to look less cloney and slap the skin of the other character over....but still I'm against the idea of clones.
The reason they added the clones was because someone one the team pointed out that 20 characters was to few. So they made 6 new ones which were the clones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The fact that you made that reference, caused me to die a little on the inside.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha I love that, nice one vicgur. XD I lived a little inside because of that.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
They should just nerf MK's attack speed and overall priority.
Or they should just try to make all the characters balanced.
REMINDER: In exactly 5 hours Nintendo is having another Direct Feed.

I probably won't be home, so I won't be able to remind you again when it starts. So be sure not to miss it.

Oh, there are rumors about a Kirby announcement...

And once again, Sakurai tweeted about it, so it might have something interesting to look forward to.

Thank you for your attention.
Yes, I hope there really is a Kirby announcement!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or they should just try to make all the characters balanced.
Agreed. Sakurai is looking towards balancing SSB4 this time. I'd like it if he balanced it based upon no items and Battlefield, mind you. It'll be fun regardless of items, so why balance it based upon one specific style?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Agreed. Sakurai is looking towards balancing SSB4 this time. I'd like it if he balanced it based upon no items and Battlefield, mind you. It'll be fun regardless of items, so why balance it based upon one specific style?
This. Balancing needs to have as little random factors as possible to achieve consistent results. Battlefield is probably the best choice as it has all the fundamental pieces of any Smash stage.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yawwn... anything announced on Nintendo Direct?

Just tried Project M Demo 2 today... Quite nice emulation of Melee if I can say.
Bowser's damn badass.

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
or he'd do like he did with Uprising and balance it around items.

also another thing is with all the previous game they were all balanced around 4player free for alls, so maybe singles balance would be nice?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or he'd do like he did with Uprising and balance it around items.
The people he's looking towards for tips to balance the game will ignore the items anyway. Since, you know, they're a terrible way to balance.

Also another thing is with all the previous game they were all balanced around 4player free for alls, so maybe singles balance would be nice?
Because he dd the balancing himself, not professionals who concentrate on player vs player. It's based upon his logic and all. Not to say that they aren't fun that way, of course. :)

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'm trying to sit here and think of how a gravity trick would work on a Galaxy stage, and I honestly don't think it's too far fetched an idea. I mean, not sure how likely Sakurai is to implement it, but I think it would be nice considering the role that the mechanic has in those games.

Just saying that there's certainly a way to make it work, and have it be really fun.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Probably wouldn't be too hard to do a 1v1 balance. I can't see how they would break free for alls when those aren't exactly balanced at all LOL

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm trying to sit here and think of how a gravity trick would work on a Galaxy stage, and I honestly don't think it's too far fetched an idea. I mean, not sure how likely Sakurai is to implement it, but I think it would be nice considering the role that the mechanic has in those games.

Just saying that there's certainly a way to make it work, and have it be really fun.
wasn't there gravity effects on Spear pillar?

also, the inertia on Summit affected falling speed too iirc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably wouldn't be too hard to do a 1v1 balance. I can't see how they would break free for alls when those aren't exactly balanced at all LOL
Well, it's hard to balance a free-for-all anyway.

1 VS 1 is really the only realistic way to balance a fighter, heh.

:jigglypuff: You'll never hear me protect Jiggz like this again, but she definatly deserves to be a tiny bit higher via tiers.
I agree with ya. Jigglypuff should be a little higher.

If only she wasn't so damn easy to kill. I think her real weakness is that there are many other characters have the same playstyle as her only easier and better. It sucks, really.

Take Rightside down Galaxy from SMG 2 for an example except without those arrows. I don't think a galaxy stage should be all about gravity though.

It should have 3 or 4 different galaxies. Probably Good Egg, Cloud court, Star ship/Observatory, other galaxies. Each galaxy has a stage hazard or something unique. Something faithful to the Galaxy series.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Yeah, I'm absolutely thinking a Galaxy Tours stage is necessary. I really would like to see Beach Bowl in there somewhere. Ooooh ooh, or Sea Slide. I'm a sucker for the tropical-themed ones.

I also wondered, should one song play the whole time, or should the song change depending on the galaxy? I think the stage could have two music modes: one that changes songs to match the galaxy, another that plays the same song throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom