• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't trust the fat kid from UP! He's actually the Dictator of North Korea!!!!!!! o.O

:dk:
I don't want half of my TV screen eaten by a giant zombie dragon. :troll:

To be serious, I'd love to see Ridley in SSB4.
Well you need to love to see Ridley in SSB4, 5, 6, 7, all the way through SSB 10 gazillion million trillion billion pillion gillion!

(all of those were real words and numbers) <<< NOT A JOKE

Edit: Shulk is gonna be the next Geno. He's got a cult, and he's got good reasons to be in. Plus he's a lot more likely than Geno is. That's coming from a Geno fan BTW! ;)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
:dk:

Well you need to love to see Ridley in SSB4, 5, 6, 7, all the way through SSB 10 gazillion million trillion billion pillion gillion!

(all of those were real words and numbers) <<< NOT A JOKE
Well, I personally just wish to see him fail. You know, grab the Bowser crown, have a ****ty moveset. JUST to piss everyone off. I didn't say I wanted to play as him ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Edit: Shulk is gonna be the next Geno. He's got a cult, and he's got good reasons to be in. Plus he's a lot more likely than Geno is. That's coming from a Geno fan BTW! ;)
Plus, unlike Geno, he is actually owned by Nintendo, which just by that fact alone makes him much more likely.

Although I believe if Geno were owned by Nintendo, he would be playable in Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno about Geno being playable in Smash if he were owned by Nintendo. If he were, say, a reoccurring Mario character, then he may have been in smash or would be one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4. :ohwell:

It sucks that Square Enix owns Geno and does nothing with him. :(

Also, Shulk's game is gonna have a cult fan base for a long time. Think Final Fantasy VI long! :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I promise you, if Geno was owned by Nintendo, he would have been in Brawl. Promise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno about Geno being playable in Smash if he were owned by Nintendo. If he were, say, a reoccurring Mario character, then he may have been in smash or would be one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4. :ohwell:

It sucks that Square Enix owns Geno and does nothing with him. :(

Also, Shulk's game is gonna have a cult fan base for a long time. Think Final Fantasy VI long! :cool:
I don't think that Geno actually should be a playable character in Smash over other Mario or 3rd party characters, but I think that due to his somewhat illogical overwhelming popularity, he would get in eventually. (Especially if Sakurai is basing most of the new characters off pre-Brawl popularity)

edit: Hell, like Shorty said, he most likely would've got in in Brawl.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The thing is though, if he had been owned by Nintendo all along, he obviously would have been in more games. Don't you think? Under those circumstances, Brawl or maybe even Melee would have probably gotten him.

Though, like Shortie is saying, even if they simply owned him and without any further appearances, his chances would have almost guaranteed him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The thing is though, if he had been owned by Nintendo all along, he obviously would have been in more games. Don't you think? Under those circumstances, Brawl or maybe even Melee would have probably gotten him.
Well, I have my kooky theory about Geno and Brawl. I don't wanna go searching for the links and junk. I'll look for an older post and whatnot.

BRB

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fun fact: Paper Mario was originally titled "Super Mario RPG" until Square Soft forced Nintendo to change the name.
(notice the similar plot between PM and SMRPG=???)
I will as well and it will be as awesome as yours. Remember, I came up with the idea of being Wiseguy's successor first.
Well you weren't Wiseguy's #1 rival now were you=??? Also, I did run a (small) character prediction thread, and have the most viewed and most accurate Brawl character prediction video on the internet. :p
I guess I could see Tails if Sonic became a permanent guess and we were a few games off, but I feel it's a bit premature to add both in this time.
I don't necessarily think so. If Sakurai feels Tails is more fit than some other heavily considered candidates, then I think he could be added. I am pretty confident Tails will at least be considered. Then again, I feel that upwards to 200 characters will probably be considered for Smash Wii U and 3DS! :psycho:

Edit: Random and off-topic, but I HYPED for a tournament I'm going to this weekend! :shades:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think if Nintendo had owned him all along, they would've planned to put him in Super Mario RPG 2 (before it was called Paper). By that alone I think he would have more reason to be in Smash.

I'm not sure if he would've gotten in in Melee (wasn't he towards the bottom of the Mario characters on the poll?) but definitely by Brawl (even if he hadn't appeared in any more games since SM:RPG).

yani

Smash Lord
Although I can't accurately predict what will happen in the future
I c wat u did thar :awesome:

I actually had a dream of Geno being playable in a Mario Baseball title :bee: :rotfl:

Nice find, yani!

I hope both Sonic and Snake stay
You and me both :sonic:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't necessarily think Geno would have gotten in Brawl, but he would have definitely gotten in by Smash 4. Geno's popularity might actually have rivaled King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mega Man, Roy, and possibly even Mewtwo given his cult fan base. :ohwell:

Also, I can accurately predict what will happen in the future. I got 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls right! :shades:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, I have my kooky theory about Geno and Brawl. I don't wanna go searching for the links and junk. I'll look for an older post and whatnot.

BRB
Cool~ :D

Fun fact: Paper Mario was originally titled "Super Mario RPG" until Square Soft forced Nintendo to change the name.
(notice the similar plot between PM and SMRPG=???)
Oh yeah, that's right! I love the Paper Mario games... but I wonder if it would have been better as Super Mario RPG?
wait, why the **** couldn't we get both!? D< Maaaan...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I always have a little sliver of hope that Geno will be in a Mario sports game developed by Square (even though he wouldn't fit for ****)

Never comes true though :(

@John

Sorry, forgot you were psychic, my bad! :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thought I would repost this now, because it's more active~

Okay so THIS is what started my crackpot theory, this quote:

When deciding on which characters to include, Sakurai laid out certain criteria a character had to meet for inclusion. Firstly, and most importantly, a character had to individually stand out. "There had to be something that only that character could do," Sakurai said. He knew that characters couldn't be included at random, since including any old Nintendo character would throw off the overall game balance. Sakurai also mentioned that even among Nintendo characters, there were some they couldn't consider due to intellectual property rights issues. In addition, characters within a series needed to have proper balance and representation.
So I went, what Nintendo character is material to be a playable character, who has been consistantly requested, AND DID NOT SHOW UP AT ALL, in Brawl?

Some said, Krystal, because she was "owned by Rare" (Not true), but SHE DID show up in Brawl, a few times, actually. Some said F-Zero obscure characters, but why would they be playable?

I said, GENO. We all know he has licensing issues, we saw his little Square Enix shoutout at the end of M&L: Parnters in Time.

You may say: "But SAKURAI SAID"

IGN: Have you received interest from other third parties who would very much like to have their characters included in Smash Bros. Brawl?

Masahiro Sakurai: Nope. No other ones.
Well, I bolded YOU and FROM because Sakurai clearly states some NINTENDO characters could not be added, like HE looked into it, not that he was approached, ANNNNNND, we know Sakurai doesn't consider Geno a third party:

Super Mario series
(1) Koopa: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach: 66
(3) Wario: 65
(4) Kinopio: 27 (Toad)
(5) Nokonoko: 9 (Koopa Troopa)
(6) Kamec: 8 (Magikoopa)
(7) Kuribou: 7 (Goomba)
(8) Mallow (Mario RPG): 5
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5
(10) Baby Mario: 3
So, what requested, and hyped NINTENDO character who DIDN'T SHOW UP IN BRAWL, would have IP ISSUES ACCORDING TO SAKURAI?

Motha ****in' Geno.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shorts (and kinda sorta anyone with an answer to my question)
Do you know if there is a lot long process to get a character playable than in the game just in general=??? Or is it all the same=??? :confused:
Oh yeah, that's right! I love the Paper Mario games... but I wonder if it would have been better as Super Mario RPG?
wait, why the **** couldn't we get both!? D< Maaaan...
I imagine Paper Mario could have a lot more elements of Super Mario RPG directly in the series. I hope that in a future Paper Mario game, Nintendo at least tries to get shared rights of a few of the characters from Super Mario RPG to appear in said game. That would rock my socks! :shades:
I don't think there's any consistency based off only one decline in increase of characters. While the increase have been between twelve and fourteen characters per game, there's no real pattern to show up how large the roster will be. It could be our largest expansion, it could be more conservative with it's expansion, and it could just as likely be a similar amount of expansion that we got in the last three games.
Oh no, I think there could definitely be more or less than the decline. We could go up in characters. However, developing all of these characters, and putting them in and balancing them in 2 completely different games requires a lot more work than doing this with just 1 game. I just don't expect a huge growth or decline in number of character slots.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Shortie

Very good theory, I remember reading it before. I hope it was true, if only to show that Sakurai should pursue getting Geno in SSB.

I think more evidence that sort of supports that theory would be how Sakurai tried to get in SM:RPG music, but it was yanked. (For licensing and IP issues no doubt)
If he thought that music from that game would be ok to use, he might've thought the same about characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Nintendo had their way, we probably would have seen Paper Geno and Mallow.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai stated that the game would take two to three years. 3 1/2 might be possible if Sakurai starts with a 2 1/2-3 years development, but I don't think we should expect an gigantic amount of time in development as there is only so much money they can throw at this game before they have to release it.
I need to see a reliable source before I believe that. :woman: And if you don't give me one... :kiss:

P.S.: THAT AIN'T FALCO! (start at 3:10 for the good stuff)
Forgot to add this as a reason for why I picked Toad as the Mario newcomer in my prediction roster. Toad is, after all, one of Miyamoto's favorite characters and one that easily came up.
I think you need more reasons than that bro. :bee:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd honestly take Paper Geno over no Geno. edit: (in Paper Mario games, not Smash)

I'd hope his Smash appearance wouldn't be the paper version, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because Bowser Jr. totally isn't based off another character and Geno is... :awesome: :troll: :shades:

Edit: Is it me, or is Geno the Mario's series version of Boba Fett=??? :bee: :cool: ;)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That sounds more like something Mallow would do. XP Though I'm not hating on Mallow, I like him too even though as soon as I could switch him out of my team in SMRPG I did haha.

I see where you're coming from Shorts, not entirely convinced because I am a skeptic by nature and Sakurai is such a mysterious being to me. Though, my Geno support likes the sound of it still.

And I think the music Chaoskid is talking about was the forest music? Some people think it could have been the music from the Partners in Time game because there was a song with a similar name or something... eh I can't remember. >_<

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Because Bowser Jr. totally isn't based off another character and Geno is... :awesome: :troll: :shades:
Bowser Jr.´s popularity is bigger than Geno´s :dazwa:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And I think the music Chaoskid is talking about was the forest music? Some people think it could have been the music from the Partners in Time game because there was a song with a similar name or something... eh I can't remember. >_<
Yeah, I was talking about Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzKN3sjqZ2w

I wish it had been in Brawl, such a good song...

Geno's would be overwhelmingly more if he had appeared in as many games as Bowser Jr.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I said that, because MIYAMOTO HIMSELF said that.
But based on the context why he said Toad is his least character. He meant that Toad is his least favorite character in Mario Kart 7. And I am pretty sure he didn't mean that. Toad was in his mind when the interviewer told him his favorite character is Toad... The interviewer then asked who is Miyamoto's favorite character... And he appeared to having a hard time playing favorites so he said Mario... And then when asked who is his least favorite, Miyamoto said Toad and then he laughed. It sounded like Miyamoto was trolling the interviewer who is a Toad fan.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because being more popular = being better. That is exactly why Tim Tebow is a much better quarterback than Eli Manning despite less championships, playoff wins, accuracy, awareness, arm strength, and skill. Clearly. ;)

Edit: If you don't get the football analogy, I'll use another one. :chuckle:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Because being more popular = being better. That is exactly why Tim Tebow is a much better quarterback than Eli Manning despite less championships, playoff wins, accuracy, awareness, arm strength, and skill. Clearly. ;)

Edit: If you don't get the football analogy, I'll use another one. :chuckle:
Why did peoples think only because I live in Brazil I like football? ._.

I think Volley is much better.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Anyway,I have understand his point,and I agree with it.

But Bowser Jr. has more chances in getting on SSB4 than Geno,that doens´t matter who is better.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I confess I still have to understand this Geno's obsession, not having played the game itself. But I guess it's something like the Renamon's obsession of most people, me included. Outsiders can't understand (I myself couldn't understand, till I saw the anime she is from).
However, I would bet some money on his appearance, since Nintendo can't have be dheaf to the voice of his his fans.
You know: Sonic was in SSB Brawl because MANY fans wanted it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why did peoples think only because I live in Brazil I like football? ._.

I think Volley is much better.
I'm talking about American Football, which is why I don't expect non-Americans to get it (which is fine by me; you like what you like, and that's what you like so you better like RIDLEY OR YOU WILL BE EATEN ALIVE!!!). And trust me, I know all forms of football. :cool:

I also knew that volleyball was popular in Brazil, especially given that it is a country near a cost and with warm climates.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, I was talking about Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzKN3sjqZ2w

I wish it had been in Brawl, such a good song...

Geno's would be overwhelmingly more if he had appeared in as many games as Bowser Jr.
Yep, upon further research I confirmed what I thought I had read before.

There never was a SMRPG song in SSBB, 'tis fake.

Unfortunately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yep, upon further research I confirmed what I thought I had read before.

There never was a SMRPG song in SSBB, 'tis fake.
No, i know it's not in SSBB, but Sakurai had the intention to put it in, it was in the extra data found on disc with a bunch of other "lost songs"

It was most likely licensing issues that kept it out of Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Geno's popular because he is:
1. Broken in Super Mario RPG.
2. Has quite a number of awesome long-ranged moves.
3. Looks awesome.
4. Is the "silent but deadly" fart character. :awesome:
5. His mission is the central focus on the plot of Super Mario RPG.
6. Super Mario RPG is an awesome hybrid of SNES Mario 2D platform games and Square Soft SNES RPGs.
7. Because seven is a lucky number if you wear it seven times over seven days. Plus Geno is awesome! :cool:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom