• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I still don't see why Victini should be playable... Zoroark is a very popular Pokemon and it would bring something new Illusion I can't see Victini bringing anything interesting.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4808

According to this list Zoroark is more popular than Victini in Japan according to the japanese fans.
Pokemon is a ***** to predict for. I'll get to Zoroark's popularity, but may I ask how you envision his Illusion ability being implemented in Sm4sh? I believe it could be used as a very interesting gimmick, but aside from that his standard moves seem like they would be boring. Victini on the other hand may not have a gimmick, but with its pyrokinesis abilities, I think it would have more interesting standard moves. It's all subjective at that point, though. :V

OKAY. Zoroark is popular, but with Victini's new movie its popularity will increase in the 3 months before Sm4sh's development begins. That poll is kind of old, and will undoubtedly change. Zoroark and Victini's amount of votes are hardly any different, and (AGAIN) with Victini's movie, it will surely overtake Zoroark in popularity.

I don't really care that much either way, but I'm just leaning toward Victini since it seems more likely at this point. It is definitely between Zoroark and Victini.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just figured they were some kind of twisted meme thing

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^And this is why I'm for having Cadea become a playable character.:)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Are you serious? I can't believe I came here expecting to talk about SSB4. I'm an idiot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you serious? I can't believe I came here expecting to talk about SSB4. I'm an idiot.
Yeah, that's the same thing I thought. I wondered if anyone had opinion on my idea of Ridley's moveset.

Than etwist came in with his oral pony fetish. edit: Sorry wrong person I blamed

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess I don't really care if this place goes overboard because I have a strong discussion group. But it's pretty slow, only a few updates a day, so i like to come here and talk with everyone. But, if everyone chooses to be off topic, Idrc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was simply weather Ridley's signature tail stab should be a special attack or a down aerial.
I don't know much about Ridler, but down aerial would be my pick. It leaves the four specials open to more. . . innovative? techniques.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^And this is why I'm for having Cadea become a playable character.:)
Agreed, Caeda should definetly be a Fire Emblem rep, and let me explain why Caeda would be a good candidate:

Caeda

•She is somewhat important to the FE, she appeared along side Marth in Shadow Dragons.

•She is a female protagonist, Smash needs more female representation in Smash.

•She is unique, she would use lances as opposed to the tiring cast of sword users that we have been getting from the series.

The point is that she would offer a unique style of play, the argument of her riding a pegusus would not apply since the same could be said about Captain Falcon, she can very well be adjusted for Smash play.

The only thing that's hurting her chances is that if a new FE lord would appear, but other than that her chances are probable next to the Black Knight's who is another likely character from FE: PoR and RD.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It was simply weather Ridley's signature tail stab should be a special attack or a down aerial.
I'M CONFLICTED ON THAT.

Which is not good since I'm doing a Ridley moveset. I believe shorthopping + dair would give the same effect?

Also I guess you're not a fan of Burger Knight, Omega. How dare you speak of any other FE character. FOR SHAME.

SHAME.

Rofl, I'm not even fixing that. So silly.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'M CONFLICTED ON THAT.

Which is not good since I'm doing a Ridley moveset. I believe shorthopping + dair would give the same effect?
After watching the Ridley battle in Super Metroid, Down Aerial seems more appropriate. He stabs down without repeating on occasion.

However, it also revealed a good aerial attack where he spins his tail around

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Shortie, what time is it for you there? I'd ask you to brawl, but i don't know when i can jump on....

Yeah, caeda sounds like an interesting play style. Btw for anyone that says bad things against a character for having a quirky play style that wouldn't fit 'smash', just look at how quirky ness and lucas are. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
However, it also revealed a good aerial attack where he spins his tail around
I'm thinking Nair. I'd like for his Bair to be sort of like Yoshi's, twirling his tail around rather close to his body. Should his Fair be tail oriented and a KO move?

ALSO. I would post it sooner, but every time I start typing something up, I have to go check with some BUDS and get their opinions and then I get all UNCONCENTRATED and DISTRACTED.

SHAMEon me.

Oh, also Wind Waker. :V

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

OmegaXXII

Oasis said:
ALSO. I would post it sooner, but every time I start typing something up, I have to go check with some BUDS and get their opinions and then I get all UNCONCENTRATED and :V
SHAME ON YOU!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QffD9R-SP9I

The first few seconds he simply whips his tail forward. Looks rather weak though, looks like he's not putting effort toward it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVfVRiYh96M

Shows the tail whirl attack at :50
I've seen him extend that sort of circular whipping REALLY far, so that's what makes me think Nair would work. A quick swat going all around his body just to get people off him in the air. His Dair would be a sort of awkward to aim sweetspot at the tip of his tail, causing a meteor. Otherwise, maybe he'd bounce like with Link's Dair? Sort of give that "pogo" effect like in the Super Metroid battle? Anyway, even if he's not giving it much effort in that fight, his Fair should probably have the most KO potential out of his aerial attacks. He's Ridley - has to be great in the air, lol.

@Omega: :V

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've seen him extend that sort of circular whipping REALLY far, so that's what makes me think Nair would work. A quick swat going all around his body just to get people off him in the air. His Dair would be a sort of awkward to aim sweetspot at the tip of his tail, causing a meteor. Otherwise, maybe he'd bounce like with Link's Dair? Sort of give that "pogo" effect like in the Super Metroid battle? Anyway, even if he's not giving it much effort in that fight, his Fair should probably have the most KO potential out of his aerial attacks. He's Ridley - has to be great in the air, lol.
It could be a juggling move, knocking the opponent up, keeping them in the air.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It could be a juggling move, knocking the opponent up, keeping them in the air.
Combo into Fair maybe? Maybe even a command grab. Dair > Command Grab > Pummel with tail > Toss upward > JUMP AND F-AIRRR.

All while in the air too. I dunno, y/n???

Your name is ridiculously familiar, btw... Were you a R.I.D.L.E.Y.? And I'm glad to see Sukapon has your support too~

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Combo into Fair maybe? Maybe even a command grab. Dair > Command Grab > Pummel with tail > Toss upward > JUMP AND F-AIRRR.

All while in the air too. I dunno, y/n???

Your name is ridiculously familiar, btw... Were you a R.I.D.L.E.Y.? And I'm glad to see Sukapon has your support too~
Yes, but I was most widely known as the most vocal of Geno Supporters.

Ridley and Geno supporters often had feuds and I was the first to lead the assault upon those too big to be a character lizard supporters

OmegaXXII

Both of you guys must be the biggest Ridley's supporters around here, glad to see some good discussion pertaining his moveset, but what about Meta-Ridley/Omega-Ridley? Would they be part of a Final Smash? A mouth beam?

R.I.D.L.E.Y.?

Was that group created by a guy named samusrules93?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes, but I was most widely known as the most vocal of Geno Supporters.

Ridley and Geno supporters often had feuds and I was the first to lead the assault upon those too big to be a character lizard supporters
I remember feuding with the Sonic guys... We were going to have a on-release tournament using our respective characters... obviously that didn't work out... FROM THE SOUND OF THAT THOUGH, PERHAPS THOSE DAYS ARE BEST LEFT OUT OF MIND. May new memories of Ridley (and Geno) support spring from our efforts.

According to my old Photobucket stuff, maybe I tried to end a Ridley/Geno feud?

ANYWAY, regarding Meta/Omega Ridley: I really don't want them as a Final Smash. Especially when they'd be better as alternate costumes. My idea for a Final Smash would be called "Space Pirate Raid" which I will elaborate on (AGAIN) when I actually post a moveset.

@Omega: Lol. That guy's a basket.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember feuding with the Sonic guys... We were going to have a on-release tournament using our respective characters... obviously that didn't work out... FROM THE SOUND OF THAT THOUGH, PERHAPS THOSE DAYS ARE BEST LEFT OUT OF MIND. May new memories of Ridley (and Geno) support spring from our efforts.

According to my old Photobucket stuff, maybe I tried to end a Ridley/Geno feud?

ANYWAY, regarding Meta/Omega Ridley: I really don't want them as a Final Smash. Especially when they'd be better as alternate costumes. My idea for a Final Smash would be called "Space Pirate Raid" which I will elaborate on (AGAIN) when I actually post a moveset.

After searching though more than 50 pages of threads in the Brawl character archive, I finally found a Ridley thread.

Apparently Ridley threads were banned due to character wars

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113986

Might have some ideas.

Apparently I wasn't an official member of club RIDLEY, probably because I was one of the leaders of the Geno Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom