• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Giygas for Smash 4 (Anyone else keep wanting to say Brawl?)

I still want Giygas' place from Earthbound as a stage. It would be really creepy

What do you mean? Like Mushroom Kingdom?

Meh..IMO they should be redone kinda like the classic tracks from Mario Kart Wii, they didn't keep their original graphics right? No, of course not they were redone to look spectacular, maybe the same could apply to any N64 stages as well, (if we get any that is)

:phone:
It's just my opinion though. I wouldn't mind if it moves to HD graphics but I'd prefer it if it had SNES graphics.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hang on. While i agree that a lot of the stages should definitely be redone, there are some that i'm willing to accept as SNES graphics purely for the nostalgia. I'd actually prefer to do it on a case by case basis. Since this stage has multiple areas, we may as well evaluate each area, then see which style gets more areas, and therefore we'll convert the entire stage to that style.

First up is the bridge. Since the SNES never actually had lightning or rain on death mountain( would've been cool if it did though) this wouldn't be as nostalgic if it was done in SNES graphics. For this area i'd be leaning towards HD. Thoughts? My opinions can easily be swayed, but i'd prefer some good arguments.

I mean, we may as well have some logical arguments to get the thread going a bit again, why not? ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They need to make this guy playable somehow, he's not impossible since he's been on Nintendo handhelds, c'mon!!

@Psycho: Giygas would be sweet

OmegaXXII

@Luco: Well I will agree with you, some stages wouldn't necessarly be converted to HD, some like Game & Watch or Paper Mario are good "as is", meaning they don't need graphical enhancement to look good.

As for your Zelda stage, I'd say any stage hazards that wouldn't otherwise be on the SNES wouldn't necessarily stay SNES style, if course such things would be better of enhanced in HD, but if it's a simple kind of stage without any major hazards, like Mushroom Kingdom 2 from Melee then I could see that style being used, and I do agree, some stages are just better off looking like their original counterpart.

Hang on. While i agree that a lot of the stages should definitely be redone, there are some that i'm willing to accept as SNES graphics purely for the nostalgia. I'd actually prefer to do it on a case by case basis. Since this stage has multiple areas, we may as well evaluate each area, then see which style gets more areas, and therefore we'll convert the entire stage to that style.
A good example of an NES graphic (Not exactly) stage would be 75 m and Mario Bros.
They need to make this guy playable somehow, he's not impossible since he's been on Nintendo handhelds, c'mon!!

Not a fan of Sora but I wouldn't mind him joining the game I guess.

Silver's awesome. His Lol bad voice acting awesome voice acting with his telekinetic powers are Glitchy awesome plus he's a silver version of Sonic a unique character.

Ridley hat for Kirby (Credit to Drshnaps for Kirby and Semi Juggalo for Ridley.)

OmegaXXII

...who would be a clone of Sonic just like Shadow, Sora on the other hand would carry a keyblade to unlock secrets use as his weapon with spells and of course his special moves such as Trinity.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm as it turn out i won't be able to brawl online for a little longer so i've come back to the thread here.

Hmmm, i see what you mean. Therefore this stage would probably be converted to HD. However if i was creating it with nuances purely from the original death mountain then i would be happy to keep it SNES style, depending on what i thought would be better. If only there was a preview....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anniversary (07.17.2011)

Oasis_S (6 Years)

Apparently it's Oasis' SWF anniversary today.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ehhh? Neat. I remember joining to find some Melee tournies nearby. :V

BUTBUT, NO COMMENT ON THIS? >:
That looks nice, especially for a rush job. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point, after all Geno was the fastest (and strongest) character in SMRPG after all

My was on 7/4//2011 (5years)

Good times!

Mine was 07-04-2007. You joined exactly 1 year before me

OmegaXXII

You live in TEXAS (inb4texasnamesearch) that's one of the top 4 Brawl states
Yea Fox, it's pretty weird, I want too join the competative scene soon but idk if it should be for Brawl or SSB4 which I doubt I'll wait that long.

Hey not a bad doodle at all, should have been the Black Knoght facing Ridley in the wild west instead. <_<

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That looks nice, especially for a rush job. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point, after all Geno was the fastest (and strongest) character in SMRPG after all
"We could use a man like you... Join my band of Space Banditos!"

"...I serve..."

Well. Y'know how that goes.

It's too fun imagining them fighting... I've been saying Geno's inclusion would be the biggest and most pleasant surprise. Must be unimaginably frustrating knowing Square owns the rights, yet they don't care one bit about the character. By all means they should just give the rights to Nintendo. Anyway, I remember he and Ridley were very popular back in the day. It's too bad things apparently went sour between the two groups.

I don't suppose there's a moveset lying around? I'm guessing he could have a gimmick where if you attack and press a button at the correct time, the attack would do a bit of something extra?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww, now i want to verse you Iblis, even if if the lag disrupts my PK thunder so much i fail purely for that reason.... :/

Ahhh, now i get it! NOW i understand the FF story. Thankyou Oasis! As for the bit at the end, do you mean like marth's dancing sword technique?

majora_787

Smash Hero
That picture is almost as good as the one of R.O.B. trying to look like Ridley and saying "Do you love me now? ;-;"

=P

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*blink blink*
Sorry, hehe.

We need a topic to discuss. I'm proud to say i made a stage that kept a few people interested for a little while, but lets face it, the thread is going downhill. I think we need some real firestarters to get this thread moving again and/or information on the new smash bros., neither of which has happened. The thread will keep coming back, no doubt about it, but we need a mountain before we can climb.

Got any ideas?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol what's up on topic? The thing that we repeat so many times? This is a big social thread tbh and if you haven't noticed it I'm quite dissappointed.

Luco, sure we can play but I won't use fox. Also I said the same thing you said in the post above 10 pages ago. The same thing repeated and I've given up on anything until some news come out lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Then we have similar minds.

Although if we are gonna brawl we would probably either take this discussion to the arena or PM, just out of courtesy. ^^

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hum. What stages do you think will be coming back? Brawl didn't have really any stages like the Temple... But the Temple won't be coming back probably.

I'd guess the Bridge of Eldin, Norfair, and Lylat Cruise will probably come back.

D

Deleted member

@majora_787: Hey there, it's been awhile! Welcome back. Not really sure on what stages will come back, thought I am expecting the Halbred to return.

@PsychoInncarnate: How did I miss the R.I.D.L.E.Y and A.S.H.L.E.Y's ED article while it was still up? Can someone provide me a link to some (or all) of their lulz?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Perhaps they'll do what they did with melee in brawl, and add a fair few stages entitled Brawl stages. That's what i'd expect. I'd imagine they'd keep pokemon stadium, Delfino plaza, and really just about one stage each for every iconic character. I'd also imagine they'd put in ones for the chars that only got 1 rep in brawl. My question is, will they have any melee or 64 stages anymore do you think?

(umm yeah i'm rdy iblis whenever you are ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom