• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@SSBFan: Yes and with that said I believe Megaman is still the most likely but not so much as he once was before all this started, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Capcom were to ignore Megaman's inclusion and decided to include a character such as Ryu or Phoenix Wright for that matter.

But this is only speaking if we get any Capcom reps, much less if Sakurai is even willing to include any new 3rd party character aside from Sonic and maybe Solid Snake.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Someone said earlier we haven't thought of any Pokeall pokemon ideas.

I posted in the SSB4 thread before this one a group of 5th gen pokemon that I would like to see added. The post is here.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc brought this one up before, but would anyone here like to see climbing mechanics in SSB4? For example, being able to climb up the ladders of 75m? I think this would be a good situational mechanic to have.

OmegaXXII

Someone said earlier we haven't thought of any Pokeall pokemon ideas.

I posted in the SSB4 thread before this one a group of 5th gen pokemon that I would like to see added. The post is here.
Nice suggestions, anyway would you still consider Victini as part of an item rather than a playable character even though he has the most recent movie out and is quite popular???!

I'd like to see Blazakin as a Pokeball Pokemon as well, as seeing he was a highly suggested character during the Brawl hype, that's just me I guess since I used to support him and all.

JavaCroc brought this one up before, but would anyone here like to see climbing mechanics in SSB4? For example, being able to climb up the ladders of 75m? I think this would be a good situational mechanic to have.
That Donkey Kong stage already let's you do this. :/

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nice suggestions, anyway would you still consider Victini as part of an item rather than a playable character even though he has the most recent movie out and is quite popular???!

I'd like to see Blazakin as a Pokeball Pokemon as well, as seeing he was a highly suggested character during the Brawl hype, that's just me I guess since I used to support him and all.

Yeah I think I lean more toward Victini as playable now, but I posted that a while back. If Victini is viewed as a "mew"-like Pokemon, which is likely, that is what his pokeball ability could be. Let's hope Sakurai has good judgement when he isn't the only one making the decisions this time around ;)

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I was looking around online and now, it seems like Black Shadow has far overtaken Samurai Goroh as the most desired F-Zero newcomer. Seems like his popularity shot way up in Japan after F-Zero GP legends Anime made him a infamous villain. I'd welcome it personally, Captain Falcon has always been a humorous, yet serious staple of Smash Bros. And the only original franchise since S64 to not receive a newcomer.

Black Shadow. I wanted to appease the discomfort Sakurai mentioned when he revealed why Ganondorf's moveset was not changed: he didn't want to alienate players. Now, I think we'd be hard-pressed to find Ganondorf mains since the Brawl-days, but it's a concern worth noting. So, as such, Black Shadow is a Luigified Captain Falcon with Ganondorf's old moveset lingering in there.

B- Bull Rush: This as around the same charge-time as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, except Black Shadow hunkers down, and when released, he charges quickly forwards horns down. If it collides with an enemy it does massive damage. Sort of a Falcon Punch-Raptor Boost hybrid.

Bv- Shadow Stomp: Used on the ground, Black Shadow stomps the ground, letting out a dark aura which stuns enemies and does minimal damage. However, if used in air, it shoots him down about as fast as the Bowser Bomb but does significant damage. Different than Falcon Kick, but not too off.

B>- Black Void: Black Shadow creates an aura of Dark Energy and launches it ahead of him, puts enemies into Helpless state as they wriggle for a couple seconds. This is the biggest deviation, but really, it's needed because it's actually seen used in GX.

B^- Millenium Riser: Same as Ganondorf's Up-B except it has better recovery. If it snags an enemy it will meteor smash if in the air as Black Shadow clouds them with Dark Magic.

Bam, a luigified moveset that makes itself different enough

Thoughts?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Squirtle, Bayleef, and Blaziken for Pokemon trainer.

Mewtwo, Deoxsys, and Zoroark for Opposite trainer.

Vicinti or Meowth for standalone.
Hmmm... possible. I'd find it very off to find Mewtwo, Deoxys, etc. To be lumped with a trainer while jigglypuff is it's own character.

Pokemon Trainer- Starters, don't care which gen. Gen II would be nice.
Pokemon Rival- Female Trainer, has Jigglypuff, Victini (or Togepi), and Meowth.
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Misc. (Lucario, Zoroark, Genesect, Darkrai, Deoxys, Gardevoir, etc.)

Dunno, that makes A LOT of sense to me.

OmegaXXII

Yeah I think I lean more toward Victini as playable now, but I posted that a while back. If Victini is viewed as a "mew"-like Pokemon, which is likely, that is what his pokeball ability could be. Let's hope Sakurai has good judgement when he isn't the only one making the decisions this time around ;)
Well to tell you the truth, the "mew-like" status is probably the only thing that stands between him being playing in Smash 4 and I personally I support Victini for the sole reason of potentially bringing back Lucario, Mewtwo or perhaps both, but really Mewtwo.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I personally think that (Classic) Mega Man is the #1 candidate for a cameo spot on the roster. He's been on the Nintendo scene ever since the days of the NES, and he definitely brought success to THAT console. He's been in fighting games before, including having games set in his very universe (read: Power Battles/Power Fighters). He has qualities that make him a viable Smash contender (a library of possibilities in regards to movesets, graphical design, play-style, etc.).

One possibility for Mega Man that I've heard from a friend: When Mega Man KOs an opponent, he gets their neutral special attack. "But that's just a Kirby-clone mechanic!" Well, for starters, Mega Man wouldn't have to lose his gained power after taking X amount of hits. Also, imagine if he could collect more than one power from opponents. For example, imagine him in a doubles match. He KOs Mario, and he gains his Fireball. During the same stock, he KOs Pikachu, and he would add Thunderjolt to his arsenal. Assigning down-b as his "switch-weapons" move, he would be able to switch to Fireball to camp his opponent, and he could switch to Thunderjolt to aid his edgeguarding game.

On second thought, the move he adds to his arsenal wouldn't have to be the exact neutral special of his opponent. Maybe KOing Ice Climbers would give him something akin to Ice Man's weapon. Gaining new weapons that are throwbacks to the weapons he used in his own games. It's just an idea, but it really stuck it for me. Mega Man is truly fit for a spot on the roster. He HAS been since Brawl development.

Xubble

Smash Ace
He's not being ignored. Just, uh, not on Capcom's current agenda.

If anything, Capcom would just toss the rights to Sakurai for him to use Mega Man and say, "Here, go nuts. We don't want him right now."

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Paint switch between three can work just fine with 1 button, I think.

Let's say you start with the goo paint, as that is the "regular" one. If you press down-b, you will switch to the fire paint. If you SMASH the input of down-b, you will skip fire and go to electric.

Now let's say you regularly pressed down-b. You now have fire paint. If you were to press down-b normally again, you would switch to electric paint. If you smash input down-b, you will switch to goo paint.

Normal input again, you are now at electric paint. Regular down-b gets you goo paint, smash down-b gets you fire paint. Let's say you smash this time.

You have fire again, skipping by goo. With this method, you could always skip goo and just alternate between fire and electric if you so desired.

G->F->E->G->F->E
That's a good alternative idea for Bowser Jr.'s paint switching. It seems like the best compromise, however one of the benefits that I saw to the Up/Down/Left/Right Taunt+B idea was that you can have a form of swapping while DownB could be used for something else. Finally there could be a "swapping" character whose DownB didn't switch his moves.

OmegaXXII

He's not being ignored. Just, uh, not on Capcom's current agenda.

If anything, Capcom would just toss the rights to Sakurai for him to use Mega Man and say, "Here, go nuts. We don't want him right now."
Well, the way you say it, I really hope so.

I see you suggested his classic form, what about X? What do you think about that? As an alternate costume perhaps? A moveset?? Dr.Wily as an SSE Boss or Assist Trophy??

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If Mega Man gets in and can take powers, I hope that in some cases he doesn't get someone's neutral special. An example could be Samus; instead of her charge beam or whatever its called, he gets her missiles. Mega Man already has a blaster similar to Samus's neutral special.

EDIT: this could help it stand apart from Kirby's copying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Megaman JUST gains their neutral and they change Kirby to gain all specials of the person he copies?

D

Deleted member

How about Megaman JUST gains their neutral and they change Kirby to gain all specials of the person he copies?
I don't think that would work because once you absorb a character, Kirby loses all of his own signature moves, plus if Mega Man absorbed only neutral B-moves, in Samus's case, Mega Man would have practically the same moves.

This is something that the team needs to work out if Mega Man gets in.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I was looking around online and now, it seems like Black Shadow has far overtaken Samurai Goroh as the most desired F-Zero newcomer. Seems like his popularity shot way up in Japan after F-Zero GP legends Anime made him a infamous villain. I'd welcome it personally, Captain Falcon has always been a humorous, yet serious staple of Smash Bros. And the only original franchise since S64 to not receive a newcomer.

Black Shadow. I wanted to appease the discomfort Sakurai mentioned when he revealed why Ganondorf's moveset was not changed: he didn't want to alienate players. Now, I think we'd be hard-pressed to find Ganondorf mains since the Brawl-days, but it's a concern worth noting. So, as such, Black Shadow is a Luigified Captain Falcon with Ganondorf's old moveset lingering in there.

B- Bull Rush: This as around the same charge-time as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, except Black Shadow hunkers down, and when released, he charges quickly forwards horns down. If it collides with an enemy it does massive damage. Sort of a Falcon Punch-Raptor Boost hybrid.

Bv- Shadow Stomp: Used on the ground, Black Shadow stomps the ground, letting out a dark aura which stuns enemies and does minimal damage. However, if used in air, it shoots him down about as fast as the Bowser Bomb but does significant damage. Different than Falcon Kick, but not too off.

B>- Black Void: Black Shadow creates an aura of Dark Energy and launches it ahead of him, puts enemies into Helpless state as they wriggle for a couple seconds. This is the biggest deviation, but really, it's needed because it's actually seen used in GX.

B^- Millenium Riser: Same as Ganondorf's Up-B except it has better recovery. If it snags an enemy it will meteor smash if in the air as Black Shadow clouds them with Dark Magic.

Bam, a luigified moveset that makes itself different enough

Thoughts?
The biggest problem I have about Black Shadow is that he supposedly died in F-Zero GX (unless you can survive void of space in F-Zero series). Samurai Goroh has been around since the beginning and even his son races now.

OmegaXXII

How about we keep Kirby as is and not give Megaman a copy ability, it sounds less complicated to be honest.

Plus if Kirby copied all specials, how would his recovery work??

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Psychoincarnate
Then Kirby's other specials go, and you'll have to re-learn how to play as him during the match. Why can't Kirby take one special while Mega Man takes another?

EDIT: Okay, so there's many approaches to implementing Mega Man's copy ability. Here's the options I've seen:

-Give him copied abilities from his games through fighters that are likely to have it. Example: Metaknight gives him Cutman's ability.
-Have him take his opponents' actual powers. He either gets the neutral special strictly like Kirby, another special (strictly), or a combination where he gets the neutrals of some and the other specials of...others.
-Have him take his opponents' specials (only 1 btw), but use them in his own unique way. Imagine Kirby's inhale in reverse as an example.
-Avoid copying moves altogether.

I think that's everything.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Classic would fit the Smash Bros. style best. While X is probably the more popular candidate, one must remember that X is usually found wearing one of his 4000 armors from the Light Capsules. Having him in his regular form kinda cuts back on what makes his series so fun in the first place. As an alternate costume, I could see this happening.

Now, the moveset is where it starts to get interesting. As I stated earlier, his neutral and down specials could work around his "switching weapons" gameplay that I want soooo badly. Before he KOs anybody, he could shoot his Mega Buster and charge it up for a more powerful projectile. This natural neutral special could be kept after he accumulates more attacks during the match, in case one gains an unfavorable weapon.

His up special couldn't really be anymore obvious: Rush Spring. The dog was designed to get Mega Man to high places, so how could he NOT be used as a recovery move? I can also see Mega Man using Rush Jet as a side special to ram into opponents for damage (and also aid recovery). As for Final Smash, the Rush Adapter (no, I don't have a thing for Rush. He just meshes well for Mega Man in Smash Bros. >_>) could activate and give Mega Man his basic "I'm in a super alternate form and can destroy you" form.

Standard attacks could utilize the Mega Buster sort of like Samus's Arm Cannon, as in he can set off small explosions at a decent range. His aerial game is still in question, but I'm sure it couldn't be THAT hard to think of something.

As for Wily, he'd make a great SSE boss. Flying around in his saucer throwing Metools at you. Sniper Joes could make great SSE stage enemies. Bass, Proto Man, Roll, Eddie, Beat... All great Assist Trophy options.

Mega Man HAS all he needs to join the Smash Community. Sakurai just needs the rights.

OmegaXXII

Because it would take development longer to implement, Doesnt Megaman have originallity of his own that he has to depend on other character moves??

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Kirby is a pretty solid character in Smash. I think changing current good character so some other character can "fit" better is a really dumb idea.

If you want a unique copy idea for Megaman then

1. he can only copy those he KO's.

2. He copies the Foreward B. Since a lot of Forward B moves are range attacks (Link's Boomerang, PK Fire, Samus' Missles, etc.) It would work better.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Oooor you can go back to one of my original ideas: Based on the character he KOs, he gains a weapon that's based off of a weapon from his own franchise (i.e. KOing Mario gives him Fire Man's Fire Storm weapon, etc.). That could work very well, especially when one thinks about how the heck he would copy Captain Falcon's neutral. >_>

OmegaXXII

@xubbles: I agree with the weapon switching idea alot, it sounds very original. :)

I really don't like that copy move, very unoriginal, a 3rd party character as special as him should be unique in all ways.

OmegaXXII

Of course, Megaman would make alot more sense using his own weapons rather than a knockoff move from another character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman takes the weapons from enemies he defeated in the games and can switch between them.

All he has by himself is a Mega buster, which works almost exactly like Samus' charge beam.

I guess he can have Robot Master weapons as his specials and some of his basic attacks though

D

Deleted member

In regards to Mega Man's copy ability, I've been thinking about this; why not let him use moves he gets from Robot Masters he defeated and suit it to ones that he KOs?
Xubble said:
Personally, I think Classic would fit the Smash Bros. style best. While X is probably the more popular candidate, one must remember that X is usually found wearing one of his 4000 armors from the Light Capsules. Having him in his regular form kinda cuts back on what makes his series so fun in the first place. As an alternate costume, I could see this happening.
I think the Classic version is by far preferred.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Oooor you can go back to one of my original ideas: Based on the character he KOs, he gains a weapon that's based off of a weapon from his own franchise (i.e. KOing Mario gives him Fire Man's Fire Storm weapon, etc.). That could work very well, especially when one thinks about how the heck he would copy Captain Falcon's neutral. >_>
But can you match every Smash Character to a Robot Master Weapon? And what about clones or similar characters (e.g. Link/Toon Link, CF/Ganondorf)? I would like to see this list with all of the current characters and some Newcomers as well.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The biggest problem I have about Black Shadow is that he supposedly died in F-Zero GX (unless you can survive void of space in F-Zero series). Samurai Goroh has been around since the beginning and even his son races now.
I was wondering about that too. I think he was just banished by Deathborn but he's back again. Dunno. It does seem like Goroh is more viewed as the likely candidate, but I'd say it's pretty neck and neck for number two. Either way, F-Zero should probably get a new character and NEW GAME! Sheesh, I'm dying for a GX sequel... so much fun.

---

I like the Megaman copy abilities in this thread. It's so integral to his schtick to leave out.

The Mega-Blaster could be his normal B-special, until he KO's. Then he can take on a Robotmaster styled thematic weapon based on the character perhaps?

IE- Pikmin Shield ala Plant Man

Dunno, I just wouldn't want him to edge in on Kirby's originality.

---

There has has yet to be comment on the idea but I think N has the potential to be the rival trainer, seeing as he is plot driven, not a mainstream rival, and has a significant command over pokemon. Mewtwo and Deoxys are just nice touches to make it less of a Gen five over rep. and more so a Legendary Rep (Lucario has already fit the bill of what makes that category).

I also find it hard to accept Jigs' return as it is, pikachu is already a standalone so its not Impossible to imagine another such as Victinti.
Yeah, I've thought a bit about N. He seems to be more touted than any other team boss aside from Giovanni in terms of rep, and that definitely is something.
What would he carry? Zoroark is one of his staples. Genesect was made by Team Plasma. So those make sense...

Jigg's needs to leave. Nuff said.

Xubble

Smash Ace
But can you match every Smash Character to a Robot Master Weapon? And what about clones or similar characters (e.g. Link/Toon Link, CF/Ganondorf)? I would like to see this list with all of the current characters and some Newcomers as well.
There have been over 90 Robot Masters in the Classic series. And I'm not even counting some from the Game Boy games. It's roughly 100 Robot Master Powers. It really can't be THAT hard.

D

Deleted member

Is there a good Samurai Goroh move set anywhere? I think he would be a likely clone and I'd like to be proven otherwise.

OmegaXXII

Have Megaman original period!!!

As for Samurai Goroh, not really, I'd like to see an antagonist such as Black Shadow instead, he could takes Ganon existing moveset and Ganon could finally get his own original moveset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom