• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok sorry i haven't been around much, the other computer has been messing up because the CRT is losing contacts. Although i must admit cotton palming my computer is pretty fun sometimes. :p

Anyway, as for the topic on hand... Since i never played melee, were the shields in melee like the ones in brawl or in 64: Did they stay the same size and only broke if you were hit too much or did they go down as you used them?

The shields were always the same. Well, sort of. The only difference is that melee's shield can deflect projectiles

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
I actually find brawls shields to be better due to them being more punishable or is that just me?.. brawl shields aren't as strong as in melee and i actually like that xD

:phone:

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to figure out who you had as unlockable and who you had as starters.
I had them marked with an astreik at some point. I think the list was something like

Luigi
Paper Mario
King K. Rool
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Medusa
Wolf
Marth
Caeda
Black Shadow
Isaac
Saki
G&W
R.O.B.
Tetris (or whomever replaces it as the WTF character)
Megaman
Black Mage

I'm also finishing up a list of veteran revisions.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That is where I leave the discussion.
So you don't want to contine the discussion because I don't spend a lot of time writing forum post? Doesn't make much sense. There is little I or anyone else gains from writing these. No reason to invest so much in to it when I can put that time to better use.

Screw Sakurai, remember now he's not really going to actually be doing this himself, this time around his staff from Sora Ltd. Is there to help him with such things, this reason is why I am optimistic about Smash 4 as far as gameplay is concerned.

But yea, less laggy drop and less frames for any delay attacks as well.

Doesn't matter. He is still the boss. He will likely shoot all of those down for good reason. Smash is suppose to be accessible and open. Things like less landing lag are not (same reason why L-Cancel isn't)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Regardless whether he is the boss or not at least he's not doing it all himself, plus Brawl was made to appeal casual gamers, this time around he might want to appeal both casual and competative players alike, ideas change!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And yes. Kuma told me to add new things. Specifically, a fully changed Toad rush. It's now more of an el fuerte playstyle character depending on which option you prefer.
You know, when I was making those followups, I was tempted to almost create an attack to attack remake of Fuerte's Habanero dash, but then I realized that it didn't really matter as those attacks were made to counter different kinds of blocking and we don't really have that in Smash, so I went for the Ultra Spark like attack with his Down B followup. In essence, I suggested the Smash-equivalent. One of his attacks like the Toad Meteor would be a good mindgame move.

All in all, this game needs more mindgame characters. Mewtwo and Sonic are great starters, but the mix-up archetype has yet to be fully explored in Smash.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Something I agree with SmashChu on. I don't waste too much of my time trying to win cyber debates. I could spend an hour typing out long rebuttal and factoids that truly change nothing. At the end of the day the only opinions that matters are the developer's, trying to persuade people that character x, y, and z can or will make it in is pointless.

If they don't get in it was my fault for expecting more than I should have, if they do than I have the personal satisfaction of being correct. Really all there is too it.

As far as the other topics go, I say leave Smash as it is. Inevitably we are going to get Nintendo vs. Capcom, so all of the technical mechanics I'd enjoy will be realized in that time. There really isn't any need to try and change too much with the next game. Just refine it further.

Don't think I'm just taking SmashChu's side on everything. I still vehemently disagree with him on third party characters place in the series. But to each their own, regardless of the outcome it won't perturb me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Regardless whether he is the boss or not at least he's not doing it all himself, plus Brawl was made to appeal casual gamers, this time around he might want to appeal both casual and competative players alike, ideas change!

But SmashChu doesn't change.:troll:

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Listen man, if you don't care enough about what you're saying, why should I invest time in reading what you have to say? You've already made a few contradictions via mistake, I'm not going to waste time figuring out whats right or wrong about them

Star, I don't see why you're stepping in on this. We know the roles, no need to explain how it works. Most of us aren't here to win debates anyhow.
Amen bro!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Doesn't matter. He is still the boss. He will likely shoot all of those down for good reason. Smash is suppose to be accessible and open. Things like less landing lag are not (same reason why L-Cancel isn't)
Decreasing the amount of landing lag makes Smash more inaccessible...?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Star, I don't see why you're stepping in on this. We know the roles, no need to explain how it works. Most of us aren't here to win debates anyhow.
Pretty much this. Although I have to laugh at Smashchu trying to be the voice of Sakurai and gamers everywhere. It's like he wants to win some of these arguments.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's no good. I've always thought that I took on an agenda of being open minded to be labeled as such.

About the mechanics- I still think that certain moves could use cancels, regardless of the game being considered sub-fighting by genre.
I was referring to SmashChu, not you.

Something I agree with SmashChu on. I don't waste too much of my time trying to win cyber debates. I could spend an hour typing out long rebuttal and factoids that truly change nothing. At the end of the day the only opinions that matters are the developer's, trying to persuade people that character x, y, and z can or will make it in is pointless.

If they don't get in it was my fault for expecting more than I should have, if they do than I have the personal satisfaction of being correct. Really all there is too it.
This like over a hundred of times lol. The only reason why I debate is either when I feel like it or when it's for teh lulz
You know, when I was making those followups, I was tempted to almost create an attack to attack remake of Fuerte's Habanero dash, but then I realized that it didn't really matter as those attacks were made to counter different kinds of blocking and we don't really have that in Smash, so I went for the Ultra Spark like attack with his Down B followup. In essence, I suggested the Smash-equivalent. One of his attacks like the Toad Meteor would be a good mindgame move.

All in all, this game needs more mindgame characters. Mewtwo and Sonic are great starters, but the mix-up archetype has yet to be fully explored in Smash.
El Fuerter's story is "amusing" in SSF IV. To find the ultimate the ultimate recipe :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Well it is possible to implement recolors and alternate outfits at the same time. Wario pretty much proved that.
Yea, Mario could use his Dr. Mario costume as well, I actually like the idea of alternate costumes, but without actually taking another characters swap colors, like Daisy for example.

@SSB4 Thread: You need some lulz, too much seriousness as of now.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Here are some changes in the moveset of characters what I would like to see:

Mario: FLUDD cause damage
Dr. Mario: If he return, a radical change in the moveset.
Peach: Change toad, for the character can get into the game.
Yoshi: Up special move will lead to jump, for as long as you press the release of the egg.
Ganondorf: Radical change in normal movement and in the down special move.
Toon Link / Young Link: Radical Change in the moveset if he continues.
Roy: Similar to Dr. Mario.
Pichu: Similar to Roy
Jigglypuff: Similar to Yoshi
Pokemon Trainer:
Charizard: Up Throw change, uses the Seismic Toss.

@Omega: I do not like this idea very much, Dr. Mario was a great potential in Melee, and that would be a slap in the face of his fans.

OmegaXXII

No Dr. Mario!! Just make him an alternate costume.

Mario's FLUDD should be changed to his metal powerup or something.

And as for Roy and Pichu, only if they offer them through DLC and such, but even then I doubt they'll go through dractic changes for them lol..

OmegaXXII

An item I always wanted to see from the newer Mario games is that mega-mushroom item, basically the same as a regular mushroom but a charcfer grows way bigger and can cause stage destruction while using, knocking down stuff and such.

Let the people like who they want to like nLiM8d.

I want the spiny shell. It will damage 50% and it will target the 1st placer. Lol.

OmegaXXII

Speaking of items:

Rainbow Star:

THIS is what I would love to see, it's basically the "super" version of the Starman but it's definetly more powerful, a player would glow as seen in the pic, it would cause a burning knockback just like it's been seen in Mario games, it would even boost a players speed as well and as a bonus it would even have it's own theme, how awesome would this be.

Yea I like items, deal with with. :cool:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario is the only character cut from Melee that I see potential return ... Well even more than Roy, my favorite of Melee. Dr. have potential of a moveset of his own, without luigification.

off for now

I liked playing as him in melee. I prefer him over Mario in terms of playstyle.

Before I leave, I'll leave this picture of Link:

I'm off for now

OmegaXXII

Dr. Mario is the only character cut from Melee that I see potential return ... Well even more than Roy, my favorite of Melee. Dr. have potential of a moveset of his own, without luigification.

off for now
Actaully have that the other way around, I see Roy coming back with a potentially new moveset, Dr. Mario is the same guy with the same moves, just looks different, why waste a slot over him when you can easily make him an alternate costume, simple as that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of items:

THIS is what I would love to see, it basically the "super" version of the Starman but it's definetly more powerful, a player would glow as seen in the picand as a bonus would cause a burning knockback just like it's been seen in Mario games, it would even have it's own theme, how awesome would this be.

Yea I like items, deal with with. :cool:

I had that idea myself, but it was more of a Starman buff. People considered my idea to be too powerful, so I later considered giving my input to the Rainbow Star, and make it a rare item.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12957999&postcount=10276
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12958461&postcount=10291

Yea, Mario could use his Dr. Mario costume as well, I actually like the idea of alternate costumes, but without actually taking another characters swap colors, like Daisy for example.
Well, here are some examples that I have...

Mario
Normal
*Default (Red)
*Fire Mario
*Ice Mario (Blue)
*Flying Mario
*Wario Outfit
*Green
Dr. Mario
*Red
*Blue
*Green