• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Have Megaman original period!!!

As for Samurai Goroh, not really, I'd like to see an antagonist such as Black Shadow instead, he could takes Ganon existing moveset and Ganon could finally get his own original moveset!

:phone:
This is why if we have to get a second F-zero rep, I prefer Black Shadow over Samurai Goroh. At least he would guarantee that Ganondorf becomes unique and him being a lugified clone would make sense.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@SSBFan: That's the sole reason why wNt Bkack Shadow whose an an antagonist rather than Samurai Goroh who is a rival and uses a sword, too many sword users.

Mewtwo best be coming back, else I'd be ragin' mad.
Well so you better prepare yourself, rage!!!

OmegaXXII

Pitchfork. Ball of evil light that gets reflected by only Master Swords. Sword. WARLOCK PUNCH.

That's all I got.
That sword would be awesome for Ganon, but isn't a requirement for him to be unique, he could definetly utilize dark magic as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As a little plus for Black Shadow: he does fit into the "Japanese superhero" (er... Tokusatsu my friend is saying?) theme much better than Samurai Goroh. Or well, in his case, Black Shadow would be that corny super villain.

D

Deleted member

Not exactly sure what you're talking about. It you're talking about the red ones, it's correction marks from Word that I was too lazy to get rid of.
I was trying to figure out who you had as unlockable and who you had as starters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bored yet again (I have too much free time :awesome:), so this time I made a Mega Man moveset.

Mega Man

Notes:
Light/Medium Weight
Both his Walking and Running speeds are average
Is a Fast Faller and has average Air Speed (just like in his games)

Pros:
Able to rack up damage easily
Great special and Smashes
Thunder Wool makes for a great edge guarding
Great Recovery
Great ground game

Cons:
Lack of killing moves
Light weight
Poor aerial game
Fast faller means he can be chain grabbed and easily edge guarded by opponents

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Forward - Slash Claw (MM7)

Up - Pharaoh Shot (MM4)

Down - Slide - moves MM forward,

Dash - Charge Kick (MM5) - moves MM forward

Aerials:

Neutral - Thunder Claw (MM8) - pulls MM slightly forward

Forward - Electric Shock (MMV) - has less range then MMV version

Up - Top Spin (MM3) - think Mario Tornado

Down - Sakugarne (MMII GB) - works like Toon Link's D-Aerial but has less knockback,

Back - Flame Sword (MM8)

Smashes:

Forward - Hard Knuckle (MM3) - launches a fist forward, very laggy, can be slightly angled, high knockback, less range then MM3 version

Up - Mega Punch (MM:the Power Fighters/MvC) (Shoryuken!)

Down - Wild Coil (MM7) - launches 2 bouncing springs forward/back, when charged they also bounce higher, less range then MM7 version

Throws:

Pummel - shoots uncharged buster shots

Forward - Super Arm (MM1)

Up - Gravity Hold (MM5) - does no damage, great launcher,

Down - Water Shield (MM10) - produces WS, opponent is hit by all 8 water droplets,

Back - Super Arm (MM1)

Other Moves:

Wall Jumping (MvC, MMX and beyond series)

Taunts:

1. Removes Helmet
2. MvC Taunt
3. Powers down into Rock for a second

Costumes:

Green - Quint MM2 GB
Red/Gray - Rush/Proto Man
Black/Orange - Bass
Blue/Yellow - Bad Box Art Style
Blue/Orange/White - Model A (There was a 8bit style minigame in MMZXA)

I made his moveset entirely of Robot Master weapons.
I also avoided his MvC moveset as much as possible, it sucked and barely resembled MM in his games despite having the largest moveset potential of all the characters. I hate you Hyper MM! :mad:
Since there are a lot of weapons in this moveset here is a link to a list of RM weapons: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Special_Weapons_in_the_classic_series

Also on another train of thought, I've been thinking of starting a separate Moveset Thread for posting potential, buffed, or nerfed movesets, any thoughts?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So who here knows enough about Ganny to make a well rounded moveset?

Barbosal, nice touch there. I don't know who he'd carry, however my Bias tells me that Mewtwo would fit in his crew.
B - Wizard Ball: Sends an energy ball forward that can be reflected by an item such as a sword or bat.

Forward B - False Wizard Ball: Sends forth an energy ball that explodes and propels many smaller balls of energy in different directions radially.

Down B - Trident of Power: Throws his trident forward. Will act as a boomerang, but slower and more powerful. Also covering a greater radius.

Up B - Illusion: Warps leaving a trail of shadows behind him.

Forward smash and tilt will utilize a bulking blade, the rest are melee moves.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sure, knock yourself out.

Also, to those interested I finally updated my sig shop.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Another round has begun on my blog! This time, Marth vs. Geno is the topic. Make sure to get down there and participate if it interests you :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yo Chu, did you write that in a hurry?
Yeah. I don't waste too much time on internet post.

Agreed. Lets distinguish my standpoint here though.

There are many good nintendo titles that can't accumulate the popularity that they are worth because they are either new, indie, or limited by demographic.

Operation Rainfall is an indication of that last note, the demographic of its supporters are likely nearing adulthood. I think you and I can both agree to the notion that the Smash fanbase isn't limited to Gung Ho nintendo fans or Competitive players. I'd say that age 9-16 are the highest selling points, except many of them (at least stateside) wouldn't have the slightest clue as to what Xenoblade is doing in a "Nintendo All Star".
Ness got in Smash and Earthbound didn't take off. Same for Fire Emblem or Ice Climbers. There are a lot of people who like Xenoblade (played the Japanese one) and I'm sure the same is true of the Last Story. Operation Rainfall proves there is demand for these games. This means demand for Smash too.

Have you any backing on these statements? My reply is invested interest, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Also how do you mean with this statement?
I mean that Smash, alone, did not recreate the series. The demand was there; Smash just made it more viable. Pit came back because now other people know Pit. Fire Emblem had an excuse to be released with Marth and Roy in Smash. The series could come back on their own merit. Smash just helped.

I'm moreso concerned about what does 'good' means here. Doesn't that counter your defense for Pit?
I wrote that backwards. Good characters get in. I mean those characters who are recognizable, prominent in their own series, and would make a good character on their own maret. This is opposed to "This character is female/villain/forcibly unique."

Who is Masked Man? :troll:

Batman
Has he updated it yet? :o

It didn't really convince me before.
:|
I don't think any Jr. supporter thinks he would be a clone. With his paintbrush, he'd be one of the most unique characters in Smash. More unique than Paper Mario and ESPECIALLY Toad.
Wut?

And yes. Kuma told me to add new things. Specifically, a fully changed Toad rush. It's now more of an el fuerte playstyle character depending on which option you prefer.
What's wrong with Shadow Mario anyway? If I may ask.

He'll most likely become a clone due to laziness. (Looks at Junior)
Jigg's needs to leave. Nuff said.
No.

@BowserJrsemiclone: Bowser Jr. has a potential unique moveset potential. The problem is, he has a good chance of becoming a semi clone despite the paintbrush. Toad has no chance of becoming a clone and also has a unique moveset potential. IT'S HARD TO GUESS TOAD'S MOVESET. IT'S EVEN HARDER THAN GUESSING WHICH CHARACTER WILL GET IN. IF ONLY SAKURAI WILL LET US SHOW OUR MOVESET TO HIM BUT I DOUBT HE'LL ACCEPT OUR SUGGESTIONS. (Not the MYM movesets. I think Sakurai is too lazy to make them. Looks at the Nurse Joy moveset)

@Yink: Well this is rare. The only Snake I see that goes here rarely is EY (eternalyoshi). The others are either inactive or still in the snake boards.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Solid Snake vs. Snake Eater

Are they different? Because Snake eater is the latest "Snake" on a Nintendo system. Can someone say replacement?

Seriously though, does anyone know the difference between them. How important is Snake Eater? Who is Naked Snake? And is there a Liquid Snake?

I hope no one here is afraid of these little buggers.

Jigg's needs to leave. Nuff said.
Put up or GET OUUUUT. Seriously though.

3DS OWNERS, PLEASE WATCH THIS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Are they different? Because Snake eater is the latest "Snake" on a Nintendo system. Can someone say replacement?

Seriously though, does anyone know the difference between them. How important is Snake Eater? Who is Naked Snake? And is there a Liquid Snake?

I hope no one here is afraid of these little buggers.

Put up or GET OUUUUT. Seriously though.
THE snake is a clone of Naked Snake, though I don't know THE snake's title. I don't play that series

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Snake we have in Smash is sort of an amalgam of Naked and Solid Snake. I'm guessing they went with his skin-tight suit get-up from MGS2 because it fit in better with the rest of the characters.

It's hard for a character with no chance of getting in to have a chance at being a clone.

Ohohoooo
Seriously. What's wrong with you and Toad?

If you hate him SO much then no need to say it like over a hundred of times. We get it. You also do that with Ness. You do know we also hate some characters that also have the potential to get in the game but we don't post it in smashboards. Shortie hates Megaman because of his fanboys but he doesn't post about it that much. SSBF hates or isn't much with the addition of Zoroark but he never shows his hatred to him. I hate Waluigi but I don't show pictures of some guy killing him.

I know this is a website to show your opinions but seriously, if you have something negative (In a bad way) to say in the forum then no need to post it. I'm not even sure if you think Toad is unlikely or likely. You're probably gonna say unlikely.

OmegaXXII

I hope no one here is afraid of these little buggers.]
So since you know so much, how about you tell us the differences then?

I pretty much know this, but I want to see if you know your stuff, so......?

Naked Snake is the Snake in MGS 3. He's also the nake that appears in the ending. His name is Big boss.

Liquid Snake is the antagonist of MGS 1. He also appeared in MGS 2 through Ocelot.

OmegaXXII

L-Cancelling better make it's return, although modified from Melee, also shield stun should be less??

More invincibility frames when dash dancing and such.

Like what Kuma and Oasis said, why not just reduce the frames of the landing animation. I don't know if Sakurai will do that, he might go realistic again. Lol

OmegaXXII

Screw Sakurai, remember now he's not really going to actually be doing this himself, this time around his staff from Sora Ltd. Is there to help him with such things, this reason is why I am optimistic about Smash 4 as far as gameplay is concerned.

But yea, less laggy drop and less frames for any delay attacks as well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
BAAAAWWWWWWWW

:troll:

...It's ...It's a troll face. A Ridley troll face.

Anyway, yeah, Dash Dancing needs to come back. Even if I only ever did it after making a KO, lol.

I like the idea of SMASHING the control stick while air dodging to influence your ...air dodge. Maybe it could only be done once in the air though. Or with each successive use the momentum gained lessens.

OmegaXXII

It would be nice to be able to control air dashing completely in the direction you want, thus you would land where you want.

Stronger tilts would be cool though, specifically uTilts also Dairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom