• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Awww man, really? were going back to this " DIS IS MY DREAM ROSTER" thing again? Thats what ruined the old SSB4 speculation thread. Please no. Instead lets focus on how we can make smash bros better, faster, quicker, funner not...brawl.
I'd much rather have dream rosters than people just coming in and saying Sakurai sucks and Brawl sucks. Which all the newcomers seem to be.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'd much rather have dream rosters than people just coming in and saying Sakurai sucks and Brawl sucks. Which all the newcomers seem to be.
Agreed. I mean, if your idea of a thread is a long string of 1 sentence comments like "Yeah Brawl was too slow" then pardon me, my good man. I love Brawl. I still play it. I have played every Smash and I have been good at all 3 and Brawl is my favorite. So what if it's easier to be good at Brawl than Melee? I don't want to have to have severe autism every time I play a damn video game and demolish my controller to win. I enjoy that Brawl is more about decision points, than memorizing advanced techniques. Not to mention Melee had a weak roster. I'll take my Diddy and Wario over wavedashing any day.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Can't we just aim for what truly matters and focus on things that would make this game truly better?

Like heres one that I know EVERYONE had a problem with. Wifi.

Now, the lag is somewhat irritating, but alot of games have lag. It could be improved on but thats not my biggest concern. NOW WHAT TRUUULY BUGGED ME is the lack of options!

I want to fight people one on one. Heck alot of people do. Is it really asking too much to add a one on one feature? Or maybe an option to change time to stock matches? That way every player can find what they want.

I'd also like there to be the option to talk to others online. So far my only form of communication is crouching, running in circles, and taunting. yea. But what if I meet someones thats really awesome, or I had a ton of fun playing with? man I wanna hang out with that guy again!

I can understand how sakurai doesn't want kids to get into online flamwars or any of that BS, but then couldn't he just give us the option to disable messages from anyone? Problem solved!

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Rutherford, New Jersey (Blowin' **** Up!)
Agreed. I mean, if your idea of a thread is a long string of 1 sentence comments like "Yeah Brawl was too slow" then pardon me, my good man. I love Brawl. I still play it. I have played every Smash and I have been good at all 3 and Brawl is my favorite. So what if it's easier to be good at Brawl than Melee? I don't want to have to have severe autism every time I play a damn video game and demolish my controller to win. I enjoy that Brawl is more about decision points, than memorizing advanced techniques. Not to mention Melee had a weak roster. I'll take my Diddy and Wario over wavedashing any day.
Yeah, Brawl was a great game, not smashin on it. There was just a few kinks here and there that needed to be fixed and weren't. (Snakes sex kick)

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
especially YOU, Geno haters.
Trade out Geno for Shantae and you've got a deal. Honestly I hope Nintendo focuses more on their downloadable title characters. I'd love especially on the DS maybe , characters like Commader Video, Shantae, The dude from Cave Story, maybe that armadillo? especially if they could be on the Wii U seeing them come to life in HD would be amazing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

okay I'm gone until the scrub wave goes away. See yall later.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well what's the point of having a dream roster if the mechanisms are bad, brawl had good characters, stages, etc, but it's handling was not up to par IMO.

:phone:

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I would really love to see Ryu from Street Fighter in SSB4. His moves would be perfect in a Smash Bros game.

Why all the gripe over no GC controller?? Was it an official statement?? The 360 wired controllers have a weird little chord for idk why, but the other end is the USB plug-in.. That's pretty unclear so I'm okay to take some bombing for clarification
Nintendo can still make a few changes for the Wii U until the day of release.

The only thing I want from Smash Bros Wii U is a balanced roster (Asides from other new characters I want in Smash Bros. Wii U).

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
I would really love to see Ryu from Street Fighter in SSB4. His moves would be perfect in a Smash Bros game.
I'd like to save that for Nintendo Vs. Capcom. But maybe, I think we'd see Megaman from Capcom before a SF character.

Pickle

Smash Apprentice

The only thing I want from Smash Bros Wii U is a balanced roster (Asides from other new characters I want in Smash Bros. Wii U).
Theres plenty of room for improvement, its still to early to make any assumptions. Im just wishing for some new controllers to go with games such as smash.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
..... Haduken?
I was thinking, his down b could be his super charge from SFIII/Alpha (Not sure which one had it) that increased his super bar. In SSB4 it could make his hadoken bigger and more powerful.

Also, dragon punch/shoryuken would be cool as a recovery.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Well, the "scrub wave" was the primary posting group for several years in the old thread. You are the newcomer here. If all you can do is complain about Brawl, then why come here in the first place? Especially if you then start going into tier discussion and the like, which should definitely be in a different location.

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking, his down b could be his super charge from SFIII/Alpha (Not sure which one had it) that increased his super bar. In SSB4 it could make his hadoken bigger and more powerful.

Also, dragon punch/shoryuken would be cool as a recovery.
Something like that may be better saved for later projects, still like the idea of street fighter charactors joining the smash series tho

OmegaXXII

I'd like to save that for Nintendo Vs. Capcom. But maybe, I think we'd see Megaman from Capcom before a SF character.
Yea, while Ryu is cool indeed, I think Megaman has more of chance than any Capcom character, personally I would LOVE to see Cloud Strife vs. Link

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Well even if they don't is it possible that they might be able to make a gamecube controller attatchment for the wiimote? It would suck that we would have to buy new controllers, but it would be better than nothing.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Yea, while Ryu is cool indeed, I think Megaman has more of chance than any Capcom character, personally I would LOVE to see Cloud Strife vs. Link

I agree. But in MvC3, they included Zero instead of Megaman. Maybe Sakurai will do the same?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want Sonic to return.

Even if the novelty of Mario vs Sonic has been done to death by now, he still feels like one of the team.

I actually quite enjoyed playing as sonic

Also, Megaman didn't even make it into Marvel vs Capcom 2

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I agree. But in MvC3, they included Zero instead of Megaman. Maybe Sakurai will do the same?
IMHO, Ryu has seen enough fighting games. He is simply not interesting enough when compared to Nintendo characters.

D

Deleted member

Here we are. Just yesterday, we learn that Super Smash Bros. 4 is going to happen. Needless to say, I am beyond excited, I absolutely can't wait for this game to release as I'm sure it'll be great. And as a Super Smash Bros. Fan, I will make sure to at least get one version of SSB4, which is the Wii-U version. I still may get the 3DS version depending on how well that game turns out.

I'm glad that both the 3DS and Wii-U versions will be different. I think they'll work best if they are separated as they can work to what the team wants them to do instead of trying to merge the two versions together. Either way, I'm expecting fantastic things from both versions. The Smash franchise is huge and from these two games, it has only gotten even larger.

I think the game will come out in 2014, considering how long it'll take to get set up and all that fun stuff.

This is where the majority of my posts will be in. This is the bigger game and as such, will probably be more exciting then the 3DS version, plus I'm much more likely to get a Wii-U then a 3DS.

My thoughts on the Wii-U version:

- As this focus less on single-player, it will probably have of a name that represents more of a fighting tone. I'm a fan of Clash. Revolution would be good as well, although unlikely due to not fitting the description I mentioned.

- I'm expecting around 50 characters in the game. Note that Sakurai said something about hypothetical putting in 50 characters, so that's a good place to put our speculations in.

- I'm not expecting as many removals as the 3DS version. The only ones I can easily see happening is Lucario and clone characters.

- As the 3DS version will primarily focus on handheld characters, the console will probably focus on console characters. So almost all of the new characters will from console installments, with the obvious exception of Pokemon; which is a primarily handheld franchise with (Nowadays) mediocre spin-offs.

- Third-party characters are very likely to come back in this game due to the popularity of having them. However, despite supposedly better third-party support, overall third-party support will have no bearing on how many third-party characters gets in. I think we'll see three or four third-party characters; anymore and it starts to get unrealistic.

- Despite local multi-player being butchered on the Wii-U, SSB4 on Wii-U will have a lot of emphasis on multi-player, but most of it will go to online multi-player. Let's hope the online isn't screwed up again.

- Unlike the 3DS version, online multi-player is going to be very, very important. With local multi-player being seen as an afterthought, they must make online multi-player worth it. If it sucks, it's going to severely hurt the quality of the game, more so then it affected Brawl's rating.

More to come once I finish reading the thread.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well, the "scrub wave" was the primary posting group for several years in the old thread. You are the newcomer here. If all you can do is complain about Brawl, then why come here in the first place? Especially if you then start going into tier discussion and the like, which should definitely be in a different location.
Fine, I'll agree with you "vets" That Melee is mindless button pressing and Brawl is an intricate, decisive, game that's takes way more brains than melee even though this is extremely ignorant and wrong. Happy? Even though he's been here doesn't mean he didn't say something ********.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ryu's moveset would make it seem like hes just there to 1up mario. xD

better fire ball, better SHORYUUKEN! And better spinning around in place like a ceiling fan move. xD I'd love having Ryu in though.

Anywho, I think its perfectly fine to talk about how previous games messed up IF and only if you suggest new things. After all, this is about what we want to see in the new game right? lets face it, the old games had flaws that made it so they didn't appeal to everyone. Thats what sakurai envision! To have this game appeal to as many people as possible.

TOTALLY TOTALLY UNRELATED! And tell me if i'm slobbering too much on ya
...But pickles, you're like the best poster here dood~! <3 Maximum love.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping the new Smash will have proper combos. But not as much hitstun as Melee had. The hitstun was one of the factors that put me off playing Melee competitively. Was so frustrating.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Very interesting. I was reading the Japanese interview just for the hell of it, and Sakurai mentions 2 things that I think people here would appreciate:

1. He's going to try to make sure that there isn't any characters that are way too strong or way too weak (obvious but still nice to hear him directly say it).

2. When he's presented with a character that is too strong, he doesn't necessarily think that making the character weaker is the right answer. Rather, he believes that it would be better to instead give that character a weakness (jakuten, a single point of weakness, like an Achilles's heel) so that players can gain the knowledge of how to beat that character over time.

Just some interesting insight into his balance philosophy.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Fine, I'll agree with you "vets" That Melee is mindless button pressing and Brawl is an intricate, decisive, game that's takes way more brains than melee even though this is extremely ignorant and wrong. Happy? Even though he's been here doesn't mean he didn't say something ********.
How was it something ********? I acknowledged that you need to be much more of a tryhard to be good at melee. I know, I did it. I'm just saying that I preferred Brawl over that style. Just because you were good at melee wanted a Melee 2 and didn't get it doesn't mean that the game is shallow. Epeen isn't everything. No need to be so upset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope this is more competitive. please. pleaseeeee. please...

Brawl left a sour taste in my mouth. It was a good game but I want to be challenged, and that didn't happen.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
You don't need to change your opinion. I didn't even say anything until one of you tournament players tried to shoot down Hoots's dream roster, not because of its absurdity, illogic, or anything like that, but because you don't want to talk about it. To tell someone to stop talking about something just because it doesn't interest you is extremely self-centered, and you should accept that others might not want to hear what you have to say. It's hypocritical.

Frankly, Hoots's irrational (and inexplicable, as he has never played SMRPG himself) obsession with Geno irks me. But if that's what he wants to talk about, and it doesn't offend anyone, more power to him. If you want to talk about tiers and your hatred for the creator of the series you presumably love, that's fine, but don't keep others from talking about what interests them.

OmegaXXII

I'm hoping the new Smash will have proper combos. But not as much hitstun as Melee had. The hitstun was one of the factors that put me off playing Melee competitively. Was so frustrating.
If Ryu were to be includede over Megaman, I guess it would be okay, don't know if L-cancelling would play a part, but I could definetly see Ryu dodging Mario's F-smashes :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't believe cometition in the biggest problem here... The question on hand is: "What changes will be made?" and if so, is it for the better?
I need some sort of comboing system. I can't stand the "I hit you, you hit me, lets try to dedge in the meantime" gameplay that I felt from Brawl. It's fun, but I'm tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom