• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

army man

Smash Ace
Does anyone here want to see the Ray and Paper Mario alliance as part of PCAM?

Personally, I feel as both characters deserve to be in as a playable character. Ray would represent a new series which many people want and Paper Mario would represent the Mario RPG-spinoff games. I'll say "yes" on them.

Do you agree?

(note that I am putting the Starfy alliance will be part of PCAM regardless, I just need Young Horsetail to set-up a website dedicated to him).
i don't know who ray is but i'm all(or most) for
paper mario, i see a ton of potenial, that potenial just has to be used well

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it's just Kirby so far, so not much in the way of design to judge. =P

Though what's with his hand? That is his hand, right?

The eyes are a little off. Right now, they look misaligned, rather than conforming to the curvature of the sphere. Also, his eyes look a bit too short. Should be a bit longer and slightly more square.

But that's being nitpicky. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to kirby. XP Looking back on the Kirby Hats, a lot of them look bad to me.
Oh you mean the squiggly? Yeah that was from using the freeform tool to curve his hand. The squiggles are going to be taken care of, it's simply an outline.

Eye alignment is temporary. Mainly I was wanting to know about the eyes which, thankfully, you picked up on. His eyes have always been trouble for me. So thank you, I'm going to work on it some more.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Bald Bull would probably do his famous charge attack (hense Bald BULL), which would be slow to charge up and easy to dodge, but once charged up would be very fast and have extremely high knockback.

But for kicks if you hit him at the right moment he would be knocked out just like in Punch Out.

As for Little Mac, it would probably be all punches and counter moves. Although I'm working on a moveset and taking inspiration from Street Fighter for more varity. I'll have it up soon. ;)
I've already did that on my blog. I used more actual boxing moves and various moves from Punch Out and Super Punch Out. I could use some help on special moves (Namely foreward B).

Also I'm looking at Bald Bull as an Assist Trophey which means he can be a bit broken.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've already did that on my blog. I used more actual boxing moves and various moves from Punch Out and Super Punch Out. I could use some help on special moves (Namely foreward B).

Also I'm looking at Bald Bull as an Assist Trophey which means he can be a bit broken.
I guess you beat me to it. lol

But I still may make one, the more movesets the better. ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually Army Man what you said kind of hit the nail on the head. It's why i don't like it when people criticize other people's wanted characters for any particular reason. Then again, this has already been said, so...

Oh and another comment i found, this time for the knock on the door:

*Ness opens door*

Pokey:"Oh Ness,I'm glad you-"

*Ness slams door shut*
Found another tune from earthbound i like:

Kraken of the Sea

It's funny because although i beat him first try i really didn't think i would, he had some insane attacks.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Growing smaller characters like Oli just seems a lot simpler to me than shrinking the gargantuan ones like Ridley though :\
Have you seen Bowser in ANY recent Mario game? Recent being since Mario 64.

They made him pretty small in Brawl & he was a LOT smaller in Melee.

D

Deleted member

sw96 said:
i wanna see
Project Character Alliance Movement (PCAM)
PCAM Social Group
army man said:
i don't know who ray is but i'm all(or most) for
paper mario, i see a ton of potenial, that potenial just has to be used well
Ray is a robot who is the main protagonist of the Custom Robo series. He comes in many designs such as Ray 01 and most recently, Ray MK III and is one of the possible new candidates for SSB4. Google "Ray Custom Robo" for more information or I can link you to some places if you need help.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
i don't know what to side with until we have a little more on the game. right now we're fantisizing alot, and we need to confirm some of this fantasizing so we can sleep.
Actually we have NOTHING on the game. Like, sorry to dissapoint this 1000+ page thread, but there is not a line of code made for Smash 4. It literally does not exist yet outside of Sakurai's head.

Smash 4 right now can be summed up in 3 lines:

Iwata: Make a Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS
Sakurai: But I'm working on Kid Icar....Okay :urg:
Reggie Mother****ing Fils: WE'RE MAKING SMASH BROS!!

And that's literally as far along as the game is.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Actually we have NOTHING on the game. Like, sorry to dissapoint this 1000+ page thread, but there is not a line of code made for Smash 4. It literally does not exist yet outside of Sakurai's head.

Smash 4 right now can be summed up in 3 lines:

Iwata: Make a Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS
Sakurai: But I'm working on Kid Icar....Okay :urg:
Reggie Mother****ing Fils: WE'RE MAKING SMASH BROS!!

And that's literally as far along as the game is.
Of course. Right now, all speculation is based on what is pretty much standard. Characters, movesets, etc. In fact, we're barely speculating. We're just sharing ideas that we think would be good for smash.

I certainly hope none of us are under the impression that anything we come up with will be used beyond a coincidence.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Of course. Right now, all speculation is based on what is pretty much standard. Characters, movesets, etc. In fact, we're barely speculating. We're just sharing ideas that we think would be good for smash.

I certainly hope none of us are under the impression that anything we come up with will be used beyond a coincidence.
Right now I'm playing a guessing game with myself, to see how many of my stage concepts come to fruition. If they do how close are they to the real stage? How many of the tracks did I select were correct?

So far I have 23 concepts in total.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I keep daydreaming Sakurai is going to register on the smashboards and come to the threads asking what we think should be in the next game. Then we'd go nuts on ideas and he'd leave in the first few minutes because 30 pages would come up instantly and the thread would be jammed. That'd be awesome, even though the chance of it happening is 0.000000000000000000000000001%.

Yeah, it's fun to dream. :-P

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I keep daydreaming Sakurai is going to register on the smashboards and come to the threads asking what we think should be in the next game. Then we'd go nuts on ideas and he'd leave in the first few minutes because 30 pages would come up instantly and the thread would be jammed. That'd be awesome, even though the chance of it happening is 0.000000000000000000000000001%.

Yeah, it's fun to dream. :-P
I've often wondered what it would take for some of my ideas to reach Sakurai's ears... I imagine I'd have to do a whole lot....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
1 more post and you're a journeyman hex. Believe it or not i am on a forum where most people only get up to 1000 posts. The big 1000 is royalty, but that forum has almost no spam, trolls, etc etc. It also barely ever goes off topic. But yeah, it would take quite a bit. I wish i lived in Japan sometimes :p

D

Deleted member

I've often wondered what it would take for some of my ideas to reach Sakurai's ears... I imagine I'd have to do a whole lot....
So, what are some of your ideas?

In regards to characters, if it's one of {King K. Rool, Victini, Deoxys, Starfy, Lip, Saki Amamiya, Slime and/or Chocobo, Toad, Roy's return, Black Knight}, you can join the up and coming PCAM group if you want.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I liked that Kirby pic, looks kinda like Paper Kirby. :)

:phone:
Actually I'm working towards this.

[COLLAPSE="Kirby v2"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Any more advice Hex? Tried squaring the eyes a bit. Did some realignment and did some early shading to try and get an idea of how it will "flow". Alignment is still off a bit, but mainly I want to know about those eyes.

If I were a lazy man I'd just rip them from the Kirby's Brawl artwork...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
actually thats an interesting thought: What would kirby look like if he swallowed slime and Chocobo together?

I may not be an artist but what if you tried making kirby's mouth a little smaller(in that position). I seem to recall it usually being only a crack open when he's in that expression...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So, what are some of your ideas?

In regards to characters, if it's one of {King K. Rool, Victini, Deoxys, Starfy, Lip, Saki Amamiya, Slime and/or Chocobo, Toad, Roy's return, Black Knight}, you can join the up and coming PCAM group if you want.
Well, my ideas for Adventure Mode, for one, and the stage builder, both of which are outlined in my blog.

And I should definitely look into PCAM.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Actually I'm working towards this.

[COLLAPSE="Kirby v2"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Any more advice Hex? Tried squaring the eyes a bit. Did some realignment and did some early shading to try and get an idea of how it will "flow". Alignment is still off a bit, but mainly I want to know about those eyes.

If I were a lazy man I'd just rip them from the Kirby's Brawl artwork...
That's what I did at first. =P I ripped them straight from a high res version of Kirby's brawl art and warped them accordingly. Until eventually I created my own base Kirby eye, as achieving certain angles became difficult using the ripped eyes.

The eyes are a little too square now. XP It's a bit difficult to describe Kirby's eye shape unless I actually describe it in terms of a vector path.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's what I did at first. =P I ripped them straight from a high res version of Kirby's brawl art and warped them accordingly. Until eventually I created my own base Kirby eye, as achieving certain angles became difficult using the ripped eyes.

The eyes are a little too square now. XP It's a bit difficult to describe Kirby's eye shape unless I actually describe it in terms of a vector path.
I know what you mean, it is like the baby bear of vectors. Not too square, not too circular, but just right. Even the slightest bit will throw it off. lol

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I know what you mean, it is like the baby bear of vectors. Not too square, not too circular, but just right. Even the slightest bit will throw it off. lol
If you've done any work with vectors, then I can recommend taking an ellipse that is composed of 4 anchor points, and extend the handles of each slightly.

army man

Smash Ace
HextupleyooDOT you're a smash journeyman!! LEGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luco: is there really a character named poo? and are the mother games released in Australia.

and now I'm a smash apprentice, BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i also imagine the guests viewing our threads:what is wrong with these creepy people lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, although, except for ness, i gave everyone else different names. I remember Jeff was Henry in my one, Poo was Kai, and i can't remember who i named Paula.

And no they're not, but shhhhhhh!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's certainly not hard to gain posts when you try to keep up with this thread. XP

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Errr, ask my brother, he's the one that got it.

A small 30 second song that is just... beautiful:

Birth of a Continent

The ending and the message of this game is another that made me cry.

That's interesting... It seems the boy from terranigma is called Ark.

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A NAME! WOOOHOOOO!

Well this thread has cooled down, so i might jump off for a little bit. Bbl ^^

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Star, your Kirby is coming along very nicely. Have you thought of some yummy Slime alternate colors? I'm thinkin' metal, she-slime, and one with a crown would be cool. I haven't played DQ for a while. I should really finish Sentinals.

Aaaaand...? Thought's? Since you are probably the better authority.
Linky and I'll give you a legitimate post about it.

On another note, this thread moves fast, I forget how annoying it is to be off for half a day and literally miss over seven pages of topic. Then again, I've seen the topics many times before, so Kathy Griffen was worth missing it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well I've been working on my project. So that explains my absence.
It's starting to look good.

My advice is that you study how Kirby is shaded in official art. There's a good bit of ambient lighting happening, and the color temperature does change a bit as you go towards the darker parts of the shadow.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about the shape of the shading itself. It makes kirby look slightly flat, as the shadow's form doesn't properly wrap around Kirby's head in an elliptical fashion. It looks rather like the edge of the shadow is the shape of an eye, when it should be the shape of an oval.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
anybody else wish they did not announce this until next years e3, the wait is going to kill me, 2 years is a lot longer then it used to be when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom