• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
This would easily make him(ridley) the biggest character up for
suggestion in SSB4 (not assuming K.Rool). He's huge.

But even still, if he got in, he would be the first one I'd try.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fun Fact: Mewtwo was inspired by Giygas.

I would love to see that showdown!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Meh, I feel like Meta-Ridley isn't pure Ridley. Plain Ridley is like, the real Ridley.

I don't like the idea of Giygas being the final boss of the adventure mode as a whole. Why should an earthbound character be the final boss?

I honestly want Master Hand to be the final boss.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Meh, I feel like Meta-Ridley isn't pure Ridley. Plain Ridley is like, the real Ridley.
Well, yeah. If Ridley's making it in, it'll likely be using the purple dragon appearance that he looked like in his boss battle. It's his overall appearance. He's had so many subforms that choosing one is kinda random. Maybe an alternate costume though.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Didn't say he was the final boss, just a boss.
That was in response to Omega.

I think Plain Ridley's look from Melee or Brawl is fine.

Classic mode and Adventure mode could have two takes on Master Hand, y'know. I just don't think the last boss of adventure mode should be from a Nintendo franchise, but I don't want someone lame like Tabuu.

Master Hand is the original "mastermind" character of Smash Bros. I absolutely hate their treatment of Master Hand in SSE.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
How was Master Hand treated in SSE?O_o

:phone:
They essentially made him a puppet controlled by Tabuu. Absolutely dumb.

Master Hand shouldn't be a character that interacts on the same level as the characters. He should be the actual source of Smash bros. Just like in SSB64.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They essentially made him a puppet controlled by Tabuu. Absolutely dumb.

Master Hand shouldn't be a character that interacts on the same level as the characters. He should be the actual source of Smash bros. Just like in SSB64.
Yea, I thought he was the creator of Smash as well, kind of acting as Sakurai's hands, hence the creator of the Smash universe with absolute power, if anybody needed controlling it should have been Tabuu not Master Hand, what about Crazy Hand though?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yea, I thought he was the creator of Smash as well, kind of actict as Sakurai's hands, hence the creator of the Smadh universe with absolute power, if anybody needed controlling it should have been Tabuu not Master Hand, what about Crazy Hand though?

Master Hand and Crazy Hand are both implied to be two sides of a child at play. One is creative, one is destructive. I have a whole writeup of the SSB64 premise in my blog if you haven't read it.

Wait... you have read it. I shouldn't have to re-explain that. XP

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is what I think Smash needs to NOT do or just fix that Brawl brought to the series.

Floaty Gameplay - Fine, we have it for Brawl, anyone who likes it can stick with Brawl. That's just dandy. But I want some sort of change. I know I'm not alone.

Lack of "Combos" - Well, Smash has those weird combos, they don't look like the usual Fighting game ones, but we see them in SSB64 and SSBM. They should be brought back, but done up better than ever.

SSE - Was bad. No matter how you slice it, it was bad. The orginal enemies, Tabuu, the way it unlocked all the characters, the way it wasn't cool like it should have been. Ideally, I would like something where the characters actual worlds meshed.

How to Unlock characters - Needs to be Melee hard, at least. Mewtwo kind of difficulty is perfect.

Trophies - Should be made from Scratch. The coin launched needs to be edited, so does stickers and the whole master peice idea can be just dropped.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You should check out the link Hex provided over Adventure Mode or "SSE", some good stuff is there.

@Hex: yea, I know what you mean, SSE was kinda if lame, I only say kinda because I've never finished playing, I was thinking about finishing it up soon but now I'm having second thoughts since people complain it was horrible.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I don't see what's wrong with Adventure Mode unlocking characters.... why should unlocking characters be super difficult?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I personally like the way that the unlocking of characters was done. I'd want them to get rid of the sticker idea, though. That annoyed me to no end. Once again, just a personal opinion.

One thing I want them to do is give ROB an actual stage. That was pretty stupid having to fight him on the Mario Bros. stage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see what's wrong with Adventure Mode unlocking characters.... why should unlocking characters be super difficult?
Because it adds the the suspence, it makes it a better game to play when you have to work for a character or even better, when you stumble upon them. Them being difficult only adds to the fun of getting them. I mean, when I first played Melee, it took me like two months to get Mewtwo, and I like that value it brings to the game.

I like to work to for the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom