• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, pretty much Mr Saturn, but does more damage and is less aerodynamic.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Top Five pointless arguments:

5 - Waluigi can not be in smash because he is a character Spin-off exclusive.
4 - Cut Ness because he stinks!
3 - Ridley can not enter because it is too large.
2 - Toad can not enter because he is move of Peach
1 - Goku for Smash!

#5: I should have seen #5 coming, yea, now I feel like an idiot, I can't believe I used to argue that Waluigi had no chance due to him being solely a spin-off character, plus no moveset potential, just look at Peach, her moveset is made up, even uses a golf club for crying out loud. :awesome:

#4: Ness does not stink, that is just a stupid little argument made up by Oasis, nothing to do with his chances at all, he isn't going anywhere, he hasliterally been the face of Earthbound since the beginning, if anybody gets axed it will probably be Lucas, but even that I pretty much doubt. Maybe replaced..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, I'm on the fence with Waluigi. He definitely has potential, but I do think that Bowser Jr. has a bit more priority. Once again, just a personal opinion.

What really gets me mad is when people make rosters and group him in Wario's series. Waluigi's never been in a Wario game, he's a Mario character.

I think the roster will be about 50 characters, not including transformations. Maybe 55, but that may be pushing it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
After tallying my stage concepts recently I realize I have 21 stage concepts in total! That is a lot more than I had ever thought I'd do! What began as a fun little comment/idea has turned into a series now. Wow!

I'm going to add to my count by bringing concept #22.

Kirby's Epic Yarn! Again, much like a couple of other stages I have done this one is a given. This game is way too artistically creative and unique to not be a stage in SSB4. In fact I would be more surprised if Sakurai didn't!

The stage name is "Fountain Gardens", taken from the very first level of the game. Although as with many Smash stages it will incorporate aspects of other stages too. Luckily with this stage there are no gimmicks. You will have three platforms in total; all on different sides.

The bottom most platform to the right is a single thread of string, being on it causes the string to buckle underneath the characters. The more weight the greater the buckle. Above it to the left is a fabric tree, the tree and it's branch act as a platform. The branch will lean slightly with the weight, but not nearly like the string platform. And all the way at the top, to the very right, is a building. You can fight on the top of it without having to worry about it being to weak.

There is also a door on the very roof of the building allowing you to go "inside". Which will cause your character to go behind it, causing a "lump" on the building. Once you reach the bottom you will appear under the string platform.

In the center of the stage is a fountain that will squirt "water" into the air, any character under it will be lifted into the air. Nothing game breaking, just an added feature.

In the background you will watch many stringed iterations of Kirby's enemies Bronto Burt fly along the sky. Clouds will drift along the stringed breeze and aspects of the stage will fold along the background as Waddle Dees pull strings and cross bridges.

Stage Example:
...................D
.............._______
_______
..................____
________o_________

Stage Name: Fountain Gardens
Stage Icon: Kirby Star

-Tracks-
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Fountain Gardens
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Ice Cream Island
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Squashini
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Dino Jungle
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Yin-Yarn
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Secret Island
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Future City
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Outer Rings
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Above The Clouds
Kirby Block Ball - Credits
Kirby Canvas Curse - Drawcia
Kirby's Adventure - Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

Don't need to be afraid of the Epic Yarn tracks, they aren't all mellow. Even the ones that are fit right in with this stage. Overall this one stage excites me, I hope the real thing is even better than this!

Just to make the announcement again. Now you can easily find individual stage concepts from the very first page of my blog. Added a little navigation menu and linked them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Peach's B moves are all Canon, and there are a hell of a lot more reasons why Waluigi shouldn't be in Smash Brothers. It's like, picking week old milk over Coke, Juice, and Sprite. We have these awesome candidates, yet you choose the ****iest character of the bunch.

So you're right, him being soley a Spin-Off character shouldn't be your whole argument, there are about 50 other reasons why he shouldn't be in SSB4, and if you can't see them, you shouldn't be debating in the first place!

@Star Diggin' the fan service. I'll be suprised if Sakurai doesn't add a stage based on this level as well. It just seems, so . . . likely.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Peach's B moves are all Canon, and there are a hell of a lot more reasons why Waluigi shouldn't be in Smash Brothers. It's like, picking week old milk over Coke, Juice, and Sprite. We have these awesome candidates, yet you choose the ****iest character of the bunch.

So you're right, him being soley a Spin-Off character shouldn't be your whole argument, there are about 50 other reasons why he shouldn't be in SSB4, and if you can't see them, you shouldn't be debating in the first place!
It's not fair to say he "shouldn't be in SSB4." Though it is fair to say other characters should be in brawl over Waluigi. =P

There's plenty enough reason to put Waluigi in SSB4. There's simply a heck of a lot more reason to put other characters in.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Nice Stage, you're right, Sakurai's jealous that he didn't make that game. lol

Also nice move including Ice Cream Island, it's one of my favorite songs from Kirby's Adventure.

OmegaXXII

Top Five pointless arguments:

5 - Waluigi can not be in smash because he is a character Spin-off exclusive.
4 - Cut Ness because he stinks!
3 - Ridley can not enter because it is too large.
2 - Toad can not enter because he is move of Peach
1 - Goku for Smash!

#3: The Ridley size argument is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen, size does not matter in Smash since it's a non-canon game anyway, if you want to argue sizes look at Olimar for example, he is a very small character, but despite that Sakurai still included him as a playable character, it didn't and doesn't matter, as long as Sakurai recognizes a charcters potential to be playable, he will not hesitate to resize and add a said character to be playable.

#2: The Toad Argument is one of the most controversial I've seen by far, sure he's a neutral B move, but that does not mean that he could never be promoted to be playable, look at Charizard for example, people thought he would never get in because he was part of an item, despite Sakurai knowing this, he didn't hesitate and upgraded him to playable status, same goes with Toad, and if you argue that the Foad that peach has is "The Toad" it's pretty much irrelavent, if anything Sakurai could subtitute Peach's neutral with a entirely new move, a color swap of Toad, or a Toadette, it's NOT impossible just because he happens to be a neutral B move, it's a silly argument.

#1: Goku is only wanted by Chris the Ripper, sadly he doesn't stand a chance at all, realistically he will never be in Smash since Sakurai already acknowledged that NO anime based characters would ever be considered for Smash, unless he happened go chance his mind and decided to go against that rule, even if he did, I still doubt it would be Goku, if anything, he'll would most likely go with the Pokemon anime, but again this is only saying if he decided to break that rule.
:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As a newer thought, if SSB4 includes a story mode similar to Brawl's (though hopefully with more level diversity...), who do you think they'll choose as bosses? Personally, I'd enjoy seeing King Boo (You kinda need a Mario boss, and he's follow up Petey Piranha), Emperor Bulblax (Pikmin bias:D, but could really work), King Hippo (we could use some smaller bosses), Arceus (Smaller boss, plus is supposed to be a god-like Pokemon), and maybe some third party bosses such as Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman. I just like the idea of the bosses having a more "regal" feeling. Any other boss ideas?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
LIFE ISN'T FAIR.

WALUIGI SHOULDN'T BE IN SM4SH HUUUUARRRGH.

Nice stage, but I just thought of something VERY GIMMICKY. What if on an Epic Yarn stage, the stage was made of pieces of fabric and thread that could be "unthreaded" by attacking certain points. The stage would be made of a few large pieces, each piece being able to be undone independently of the other. An unthreaded piece will reveal a new stage behind said piece. Once they are ALL undone, it's like you have a new stage. There would be three or four "stages" to cycle through.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As a newer thought, if SSB4 includes a story mode similar to Brawl's (though hopefully with more level diversity...), who do you think they'll choose as bosses? Personally, I'd enjoy seeing King Boo (You kinda need a Mario boss, and he's follow up Petey Piranha), Emperor Bulblax (Pikmin bias:D, but could really work), King Hippo (we could use some smaller bosses), Arceus (Smaller boss, plus is supposed to be a god-like Pokemon), and maybe some third party bosses such as Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman. I just like the idea of the bosses having a more "regal" feeling. Any other boss ideas?
Yeah, we could use some more bosses.

But for Pokemon instead of Arceus (being a boss is beneath him), :cool:

Giratina should work better and the stage could be based on the Distortion World.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, we could use some more bosses.

But for Pokemon instead of Arceus (being a boss is beneath him). :cool:

Giratina should work better and the stage could be based on the Distortion World.
Giratina could definitely work. Seeing as Rayquaza was a boss in SSBB, it'd be sort of a pattern if Giratina was a boss in SM4SH.

Distortion World is a cool idea, too. If only Platnum was made before Brawl, we could've had a Distortion World based stage earlier.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
LIFE ISN'T FAIR.

WALUIGI SHOULDN'T BE IN SM4SH HUUUUARRRGH.

Nice stage, but I just thought of something VERY GIMMICKY. What if on an Epic Yarn stage, the stage was made of pieces of fabric and thread that could be "unthreaded" by attacking certain points. The stage would be made of a few large pieces, each piece being able to be undone independently of the other. An unthreaded piece will reveal a new stage behind said piece. Once they are ALL undone, it's like you have a new stage. There would be three or four "stages" to cycle through.
Yes. Please.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Ah, nice, Boss Talk. Let's see...

Mario- King Boo is good because he doubles as Luigi's nemesis since Luigi's Mansion.

Metroid- Ridley... but even if he's playable it still works. Could make him Meta or Omega so resizing him bigger makes sense. Otherwise, Omega Metroid would be really cool.

Zelda- Oh so many good options for a boss fight... Gohma, any OOT boss really, Majora. Majora would be cool because it's the neglected partner to OOT. Three phases to the boss battle would be refreshing too.

F-Zero: Deathborn in Dark Schneider. Battilng his racer while speeding down a track. EPIC.

Paper Mario: Hooktail

Fire Emblem: Ashnard on Rajaion, Black Knight, or Medeus. Actually, Black Knight could work like a Darknut too, exposes his weak point only when striking and his armor falls off when hit.

Yoshi: Kamek, maybe a gauntlet of bosses at the end where Kamek magics them up huge?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mother Brain, Kraid, Crocomire, or Queen Metroid are also iconic Metroid bosses that could replace Ridley. :I

Also the inevitable absence of Sootopolis City and Distortion World as Pokemon stages is depressing, lol. I think they would be better than N's castle and Bell Tower. u3u

[collapse=Also, DO I NEED TO POST THIS AGAIN?]

Should probably update it... :I[/collapse]

OmegaXXII

The Ridley being too big arguement is probably among the worst arguements. He can easily be downsized. Olimar was upsized, as were Squirtle, Pikachu, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, and Kirby. Hey, in the original Metroid, he was about Samus' size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHxmmSreusM&feature=related
Exactly, just like it was seen in the Melee intro, ridley can be downsized to be playable, he also has alot of moveset potential as well.

The size argument is stupid, if anybody argues against it, then they are dumb.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Mother Brain, Kraid, Crocomire, or Queen Metroid are also iconic Metroid bosses that could replace Ridley. :I

Also the inevitable absence of Sootopolis City and Distortion World as Pokemon stages is depressing, lol. I think they would be better than N's castle and Bell Tower. u3u

[collapse=Also, DO I NEED TO POST THIS AGAIN?]

Should probably update it... :I[/collapse]
Oh nice pic! I may need to steal that to display it to Trolls.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ah, nice, Boss Talk. Let's see...

Mario- King Boo is good because he doubles as Luigi's nemesis since Luigi's Mansion.

Metroid- Ridley... but even if he's playable it still works. Could make him Meta or Omega so resizing him bigger makes sense. Otherwise, Omega Metroid would be really cool.

Zelda- Oh so many good options for a boss fight... Gohma, any OOT boss really, Majora. Majora would be cool because it's the neglected partner to OOT. Three phases to the boss battle would be refreshing too.

F-Zero: Deathborn in Dark Schneider. Battilng his racer while speeding down a track. EPIC.

Paper Mario: Hooktail

Fire Emblem: Ashnard on Rajaion, Black Knight, or Medeus. Actually, Black Knight could work like a Darknut too, exposes his weak point only when striking and his armor falls off when hit.

Yoshi: Kamek, maybe a gauntlet of bosses at the end where Kamek magics them up huge?
I won't say anything on Ridley except Kraid would work better in his place.

As for FE, no Ashnard or BK, their armor is blessed so it can't fall off plus it makes them invincible to most attacks. Medeus would work, but he'd be better for an FE stage (look at Star's Blog :cool:). But a basic Mamkute/Dragon would work fine in his place.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Ridley's poor wings... I like his large wings on his more recent renditions better. But the small wings are definitely canon for the older games.

..Is charizard really that small? o.0

OmegaXXII

So... Would Ridley actually look like that? Meh I don't like that look, he needs to look better, Meta-Ridley should happen IMO.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I dunno. Ridley's appearance is so inconsistent in the first place.

I think the look of normal Ridley in brawl was just fine.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why you never posted that pic before?? :c
I did ages ago. Should probably update it since I just doodled up the wings really quickly because I hate drawing them. Especially from that ANGLE. And I could probably get away with making him a tad bit bigger, lol.

His height in the original Metroid is actually pretty perfect for Smash.

AAAA and then there's that moveset of mine I keep being lazy about...

And Meta-Ridley could be a alternate costume, Omega. >8O

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
yeah, Ridley's wings should at least be as big as Charizards.

Poor guy. XP

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He should be just a tad bigger I think, and his wings and tail should be much larger.

But should he look like the 1st Ridley (Black or Purple) or the Other M cloned Ridley?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
He should be just a tad bigger I think, and his wings should be much larger.

But should he look like the 1st Ridley (Black or Purple) or the Other M cloned Ridley?
Euuuurgh, if Other M Ridley makes it in I may vomit.

Other M Ridley

Such an awful design... Looks so disproportionate.

I really would like Meta-Ridley, it has a cool design, and would open up lots of moveset potential.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I say Giygas should be a boss, you'll fight him in three modes.

First mode is his stable mode:

Pokey Mean's Business

Behind you is a machine housing a giant orb that takes on the face of the character opposing it. A shield will spin around it, in order to attack it you have to attack the area not covered by the shield.

His attacks will consist of multi-colored beams firing forth, PK Rockin'. Shifting around as fired as if almost serpent like.

He then enters damaged mode:

Giygas' Intimidation

This is the Giygas we expect, the entire stage will go black. The menacing, evil red face of Giygas will swirl along the back. Jumping up and hitting towards the center of the stage will cause him damage.

Fighting him will be a mind bender, as he'll throw distorting, red ovals at you that have no dfined shape to them. Among this he will also shower the stage with mist that will obstruct certain area's view. Another attack is raining balls of light upon the stage.

After much fighting he is wounded even further...

He now enters unstable mode:

Giygas is Wounded

This is it! You have him on the ropes. The stages is comepletely distorted, the background swirls and waves. Attacks have no shape anymore and are just blobs emanating from the background. Voices can be heard in the midst of the "music"? Deep, soft meaning cries of anguish.

Survive and win this fight. Once over, everything shuts down. And it all fades to black...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom