• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I hope it's just a rumor, otherwise it might happen, I do agree with augustoflores though, any game can go back and be re-done, regardless of the storyline, so far I will be having my doubts whether we'll even see Caeda or Roy.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh well, I'd still be glad if it was true. But I don't think it would lower the chances of any of the FE characters we've been hoping for.

Ex. Michiah or Sothe, or even Ike (FE10 Style) didn't get into Brawl, so I doubt it'll happen again, at least with the FE series. Even in a Shadow Dragon interview, Sakurai stated he was surprised during the Brawl development when he found out about Marth's new look.

If anything, a promotional character will be someone from the Wii RPGs or Jiro.

OmegaXXII

Hmm..I see where you're getting to, but it also has to deal with Intelligent systems as well, remember Roy was going to originally be in Brawl according to Sakurai, but somehow Intelligent Systems wanted Ike who at the time was the newer Fire Emblem rep, this was in 2005 when Brawl development started, seeing this you have to ask yourself, wouldn't Intelligent Systems consider their newest FE rep if the rumor of a new FE game is true? I'd say it would most likely happen, of course this is all rumor but if it were to happen, then whybshouldnt they consider a new lord during SSB4's development such as they did with Ike? I'm pretty sure that will end up happening if this were indeed true, if not like you say, it might be fake and we'll just end up getting any of characters that are already known to us, but this really got me thinking whether we'll even see them or not.

OmegaXXII

Samurai Goroh definetly has potential to be unique, ans since he's already popular enough why not have him as well? Personally I'd go with Black Shadow solely because he could potentially replace Ganondorf and take his moveset while while Ganondorf would most likely end up incorporating a new moveset of his own.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's the funny part. Black Shadow isn't popular, GANONDORF is lol.

Also that is a nice moveset, ChronoBound. I still think Black Knight would bring more to the roster (THOUGH THAT IS VERY VAGUE AND SUBJECTIVE), but I also still think he's a long shot, so I'll just accept Roy. ...Not that I ever doubted Roy could be unique.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm fine with either Goroh or Black Shadow. But I do lean towards Black Shadow as he's more of a villian while Goroh is a rival and he should take Ganondorf's old moveset.

Plus it would be awesome to reenact the end of the F-Zero anime. FALCON PUNCH!!!! :cool:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, I don't know anyone who supports Black Shadow as a character. He has no merits whatsoever. He's bland, has very little potential to be unique, he's not recognizable, and he's a horrid villain who cowers under other, more important villains.

Samurai Goroh is a much more deserving character.

OmegaXXII

While Samurai Goroh seems to have it going for him, I wouldn't mind getting Black Shadow for the sole purpose of finally giving Ganondorf a unique moveset, it actually would make sense to give Black Shadow his own moveset if you looked at the comics/episodes? they had, somebody mentioned this and said he actually had the same moves as Captain Falcon so it would seem fitting.

@Oasis: Glad to see you support The Black Knight, though as of now I'm really having my doubts towards any FE rep because of a potential new lord.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I actually supported Ephraim for a new Fire Emblem rep like in June but I realized he wasn't very likely it would be pretty cool if he got in though, if we got another Star Fox rep that wasn't Krystal who could it be Leon?

OmegaXXII

If it were another Star Fox rep, it would be Krystal and Krystal only, I say this because there isn't another significant rep that would come close to her, I'm even having doubts whether we'll even get a 4th Star Fox rep which seems unlikely because Krystal isn't as popular or significant as the other 3, though if Falco got axed then Krystal would be a good solution since she would provide a unique moveset, though I'm doubting Falco is going anywhere.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah if Krystal is not involved, Leon would probably be the next Star Fox rep, considering that he has worked with Wolf ever since they joined the Venom army. Additionally, he is Falco's main rival.

OmegaXXII

Maybe so, but I doubt Leon's inclusion due to his lack of popularity, not to mention he isn't as prominent, though that's not to say he doesn't have a chance because anybody could be considered, it's just unlikely though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe so, but I doubt Leon's inclusion due to his lack of popularity, not to mention he isn't as prominent, though that's not to say he doesn't have a chance because anybody could be considered, it's just unlikely though.

At least Leon made some mainstream appearances, unlike Waluigi. But yeah his inclusion isn't the greatest.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Yeah I really don't see why some people expect Waluigi to get in, anyway off topic I'm aware but does anyone want to Brawl?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pretty sure it'd go something like Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, then maybe Leon. I know he could provide a nice moveset and all but... Leon is just out there.

ALSO I FORGOT:
HUUUUBJECTION!!!

I know this is an old statement.
But like, I here that far too much!
Zoroark controls illusions dood. Only illusions. He doesn't actually take the form and powers of other people like shang Tsung. If they put him in I want him to do some tricky illusion stuff like copy himself and rush the foe at diffrent angles with the clones, but only ones real and the others are illusions. Ya know, like make him heavily mix up and mindgame related~! :D
You hear that too much? I thought I was the only one suggesting he be like Shang Tsung, lol. Your MORE CANON way works too, but Smash doesn't always depict THINGS as they are in-canon, so I thought being similar to Shang Tsung would be a nice spin on it, lol.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's great you're aware, but this thread has been locked already once. Please use the smashboards arena to coordinate brawl matches.

Leon is pretty cool, he reminds me of Randall from Monsters Inc. Does he have any unique qualities? What does he have going for him?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it's just the fact that he's a chameleon. Tongue attacks, camouflage... Also he's an assassin or something.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
Some stuff regarding the FE rumors:

Looks like a 2ch rumour. There's a new FE announced there every other month, I'm not joking.
Man, that's the kick needed for Fire Emblem to finally become mainstream!

About the rumour spreading, don't you just love it when the rumour goes full circle (this Japanese site is reporting the rumour originating from foreign sources).
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27775&view=findpost&p=1671554
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27775&view=findpost&p=1672334

If you couldn't tell, I'm not seeing it. I'd say if we see anything from Elibe in the near future, it'd be a FE6 remake, given that it was never released in the west.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If we get another SSE like adventure mode do you guys think certain characters will pair up again? Here's a few pairs that I think would be pretty cool

Mario
Link
Pit
Sonic
Megaman
( 5 Hero's or main Hero's of the story line)

Kirby
Yoshi
Pikachu
Starfy
Slime
( Kirby and Starfy pair up and eventually bump into Yoshi and Pikachu they eventually all join up they fight against Mario's group at some point in the story line and join forces to fight the final villain)

Ike
Marth
Takamaru
( Takamaru and Marth partner up after fighting against each other Ike they joins them against some boss)

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Little Mac
Captain Olimar
( Not much to say here I think it would be a pretty funny group though)

Ness
Lucas
Issac/ Matthew
( They all have similar powers, well at least Ness and Lucas)

Meta Knight
Zoroark
Snake
*Insert some other cool newcomer*
( That would be a pretty cool group maybe add Wolf in the group but he's an antagonist so I don't know...)

Of course most of the villains would be partnered up....

Bowser
Ganondorf
Ridley
Medusa
Wolf
-------
Wario
King Dedede
King K. Rool
(They'd pretty much do whatever they want they'd be seen togethter from time to time for some comic relief.)

OmegaXXII

Some stuff regarding the FE rumors:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27775&view=findpost&p=1671554
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27775&view=findpost&p=1672334

If you couldn't tell, I'm not seeing it. I'd say if we see anything from Elibe in the near future, it'd be a FE6 remake, given that it was never released in the west.
So..I see some rumors spreading around about FE ey? Yeah, now I'm in a twisted loophole where I wouldn't be able to figure out which FE rep is going to be the 3rd rep, it's one of the greatest questions I seek from Sakurai.

Edit: I found this very interesting:
ニンテンドー3DSでFE新作『ファイアーエムブレム 碧の聖剣と紅の魔槍』が発売する事が決定した!

舞台は『封印の剣』の約100年後、リキア王国の王子ラウとベルン王国の王女レイアの二人が中心となる物語である。
戦乱は治まり、大陸に平和が訪れていたのだが、突如大きな戦乱により再び争いが起こる・・・。

今作にも仲間が死なない「カジュアルモード」が搭載されており、高難易度「ルナティック」も搭載されている為シリーズファンから初心者まで安心して遊べる設計になっている。
ラウは剣の扱いを得意とし、レイアは槍の扱いを得意とする。今回は最初にどちらかの主人公を選ぶ事で全く違った視点での物語が楽しめ、二人の主人公それぞれに分岐シナリオも用意されているので何度でも遊ぶ事が出来る。

発売は2012年を予定しており、価格は未定との事。
Hmmm....

D

Deleted member

Here's what I got from a shoddy translator:
To:
Translate
Nintendo 3DS determined that an FE new work [聖剣 of ファイアーエムブレム 碧 and a deep red devil spear] released it! The stage is the story that two people of prince bamboo pipe-stem of the re-Chia kingdom and princess レイア of the Bern kingdom play a key role about 100 years of [the sword of the seal] later. ... which the war is slowed down, and peace came in the continent, but has a fight by big war again suddenly. [a casual mode] that a friend doesn't die is put on a product now, and can play from a series fan to a beginner in peace because the high degree of difficulty [ルナティック] is equipped with; is designed. The bamboo pipe-stem is good at handling of the sword, and レイア is good at handling of the spear. The story in a viewpoint different at all enjoy it, and the divergence scenario can play in two chief character each again and again first this time by choosing a chief character of either because it is prepared. The release plans 2012, and the price is with openness.
Someone who can translate this better should do it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Pokemon Ranger
The Pokemon Ranger joins the fray with his trusty Capture Styler! Unlike Pokemon Trainer he is incredibly acrobatic and he is able to do his fighting directly.

Stats
Attack: 2/5
Speed: 3/5
Attack Speed: 4/5
Jump: 3/5
Jump speed: 4/5
Reach: 3/5
Gravity: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Traction: 3/5
Height: 3/5
Moveset
A: Punch
AA: Punch with the other hand
AAA: Swipe with the Capture Styler

Dash A: Pokemon Trainer dash’s at the opponent does a cartwheel and elbows the opponent.
Side A: Pokemon Ranger swipes in front of himself with his Capture Styler.
Up A: Pokemon Ranger does a roundhouse kick above himself
Down A: Pokemon Ranger sweeps his feet on the ground.

A Air: Pokemon Ranger spins around in the air with his Capture Styler smacking the opponent.
Down Air: Pokemon Ranger does a front flip and kicks down on the opponent.
Back Air: Pokemon Ranger does a back flip and kicks behind himself.
Forward Air: Pokemon Ranger launches forward with both feet and kicks with both feet.

Smash Attacks
Up Smash: Pokemon Ranger performs a handstand showing off his athletic abilities and kicks above himself with both feet.
Down Smash: Pokemon Ranger attacks the opponent with a split kick.
Forward Smash: Pokemon Ranger aggressively smashes the opponent with the Capture Styler.
Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Capture Disc, Pokemon Ranger takes out his capture stylist and launches the top at the opponent when it spins around them they take damage it can also be used to slam into the opponent it is able to be charged up but it much recharge after use.
[IMG139] http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/b/b1/Capture_Disc.png/150px-Capture_Disc.png [/IMG139]
Up Special Move: Field Move Fly, Pokemon Ranger summons a Staraptor and he flies upward if Pokemon Ranger is attacked while on Staraptor he will fall of and Staraptor will send a powerful gust of wind before disappearing pushing the opponent back. The Capture Stylist must be recharged

Side Special Move: Field Move Tackle, Pokemon Ranger summons a Heracross and it tackles into the opponent. It has very high knockback the Capture Stylist must be recharged after using it though.

Down Special Move: Field Move Cut, Pokemon Ranger summons a Staryu and it uses Flash on the opponent temporarily making them dizzy for a little bit leaving them vulnerable for attack. The Stylist must recharge after using this move.

Grabs
Pummel: Knees the opponent
Forward Throw: Throws opponent in front of himself.
Down: Slams the opponent on the ground.
Back Throw: Brings opponent behind him and trips them causing them to fall.

Final Smash still thinking about it I’ll have it shortly.

OmegaXXII

What's so interesting about it? It's just the same (dumb) rumor going around. :/
Well, for starters it might indicate that there's a possibility of getting of getting a new FE game, I'm not saying that rumor is true by any means, I'm just not so confident that Roy, Caeda or The Black Knight might not be considered if a new FE is indeed in the works, I'm just not going to rule out that possibility for a new FE for any reason whatsoever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The new fire emblem should star a lord that wears heavy black armor, is really slow but strong, and carries a lance.

New awesome smash character

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean this guy no?

FYI, before you say he uses a sword he also utilizes a spear/javelin very well, sound like him? :awesome:

With a spear, all he'd need is a nice chest and he'd be everything caeda offers and more

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
With a spear, all he'd need is a nice chest and he'd be everything caeda offers and more
I can't help but laugh at that. :awesome:

Although if that's true, then all Caeda needs is black armor. :cool:

At this point I think most everyone would be happy with either one of them getting in: one's bad-*** and one's eye candy. lol

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but laugh at that. :awesome:

Although if that's true, then all Caeda needs is black armor. :cool:

At this point I think most everyone would be happy with either one of them getting in: one's bad-*** and one's eye candy. lol
WHat about Roy? He'd be eye-candy for Mecha at least. Altough I think Snake might already cover that ;) .

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm very limited in my knowledge of FE. I saw my roommate play the GBA one his hacked Wii, I only played the beginning of the Gamecube and a little bit of 3 (on a ROM hack).

I would like to see an FE character that uses something else other than a Sword. An axmen or spearman would be interesting to play. You could then have the FE triumvirate.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Something I had been saying a few months ago was that a new FE tends to come out every two years, meaning we'd get one by next summer probably. It may be a bit later than that this time considering they're working on a new console, but who knows. Plus, Intelligent Systems are currently finishing up Paper Mario 3DS, so maybe they have their hands full. I'm not quite sure what to think of a FE13 lord appearing, especially since the polls would quite obviously be demanding Roy's return. FE13 may be in the conceptual stages at this point, could even be in development to some extent...

There will definitely be a FE13 before Sm4sh is released... I guess it depends on whether they want to go with what's already in demand, or what they hope will be well-received. OR BOTH, lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
WHat about Roy? He'd be eye-candy for Mecha at least. Altough I think Snake might already cover that ;) .
lol, I forgot about Snake, I guess for some people he's the best of both worlds. :awesome:

I would like to see an FE character that uses something else other than a Sword. An axmen or spearman would be interesting to play. You could then have the FE triumvirate.
Well technically, Ike can use both swords and axes, while both BK and Caeda can use both swords and lances.

Marth and Roy, however, can only use swords/rapiers.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does Paper Mario 3DS sounds a bit of a Paradox? I know they could do some cool things with it but the name sounds weird.

Now it from what I looked up. Marth is from the first FE and Ike is from the latest games. In Melee Roy was the latest (since his game hadn't come out yet). Now will they keep Ike or switch him out for another FE character?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well even if a new FE lord comes to pass, I doubt Ike will be replaced.

Ike is still quite popular and well known thanks even more to Smash, he has a unique moveset due to Aether and other skills he can learn in-game; and based on hacked data, FE was going to get a 3rd slot in Brawl. So FE's way overdue for another slot by the time SSB4 comes out.

Plus Sakurai is also a FE fanboy, so I'm pretty sure some of his bias will come into play. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom