• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh. Derp

And John, I'd hate to play the Devil's Advocate with one of my favorite characters, but Cranky Kong being playable isn't the same thing as Doc being playable. Cranky Kong isn't the same character as DK, Doc is LITERALLY Mario himself. I think that's the main problem Breadbug has with Doc; not the fact that he's another Mario, but that he's essentially the same Mario that we already have in Smash as playable
Can you prove that Donkey Kong is different from the original Donkey Kong (which Cranky is)=???

Still, I agree with Mario and Doc being too similar, but without Doc in Melee, Mario would be bottom tier in Brawl. Dr. Mario was a better, more exciting version of Mario in Melee. I think Mario should take several moves from his play style, specifically dat up B (make it kill easier) and dat forward air.

Still, I do agree that Doc needs his own move set or needs to be at least a semi-clone if he should return.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Didn't Otacon in one of Snake's codecs say that Cranky Kong is the grandfather of the DK we have now? If I'm wrong, please tell me, this whole DK timeline thing confuses the hell out of me lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That is terrible.

Did the Pokemon Trainer always start on Squirtle?
Iiii don't think so? I don't remember, but when you select the Trainer without selecting a specific Pokemon, isn't it random? I figure because that RANDOM system is already there for the character, then that would be why he's not effected in the same way as Sheik and Zamus.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
Nintendo and Rare (back when they were a part of Nintendo) both have said multiple times that Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong's father.
Nintendo and Rare (back when they were a part of Nintendo) both have also said multiple times that Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong's grandfather.

Confused=??? :awesome: :laugh: :shades: :confused: :joyful:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
ALSO,I don't get what's so wrong with multiple times the same character,you can choose the same character four times in a fight...
I thought the same thing at first, but there is a difference between having two representatives being the same person, and more than one person playing the same character. The latter is simply something that can't be prevented, the former reduces the "Nintendo Franchise Characters Together" feel a bit for me. Hell, that feel is why everyone had to go and pick up the original game when it first came out (of course, when we got it, the gameplay was amazing as well). That is partially the reason why I advocate interesting alternate costumes because it adds to that without ruining it by having multiple characters being one in the same dude in canon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I hope Doctor Mario doesn't return as a playable character. He was designed to pad the roster. Very little differences to Mario.

I hope Sakurai uses his time for new features, more diverse characters, ect. rather than eating up balancing deadlines by working with the doctor.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Lolyes. XDD He'd refuse to put it on, but someone /maybe Airan or even Nerdy-Glasses Palutena/ would force it on? (-ñ▼ñ-)

Marth too would be given a tennis skirt, and maybe Pit. /He's also seen as quite "girly-cute"/

I'd love to see Super Smash Tennis by Camelot and Nintendo, Isaac, Garet and Jenna playing tennis would be the best testament what Camelot can do in their career. Power Shots are a must! It should be also as deep in gameplay as Mario Power Tennis.

:phone:

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
I liked playing as Dr. Mario in Melee, but I don't really care if he makes a return in the next game. I'd rather have Toad and Rosalina over Doc anyway.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hope? More like expect

Doc ain't never finna come back, you don't gotta worry about that. Honestly though, when it comes to features, I just want Sakurai to expand on the features we already have in Brawl *cough* Stage Builder *cough*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hope? More like expect

Doc ain't never finna come back, you don't gotta worry about that. Honestly though, when it comes to features, I just want Sakurai to expand on the features we already have in Brawl *cough* Stage Builder *cough*
Actually, I disagree with this on one factor; He was supposed to come back in Brawl.

He very much has a fair chance to come back. Whether he should or not is iffy.

Yes, more features. And I don't mind the Coin Launcher, but let's bring back the Vending Machine as well. That way players can choose lazy or hard-working by choice.

It's not like Stickers are hard to get. :lol:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah... you got me on that one for real lol. I'll just go with none of the above haha
Yeah, we don't know for sure if Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong's father or grandfather. It is however possible that Cranky Kong is both, and that Donkey Kong's grandfather named Cranky died. /theory :awesome:
I hope Doctor Mario doesn't return as a playable character. He was designed to pad the roster. Very little differences to Mario.

I hope Sakurai uses his time for new features, more diverse characters, ect. rather than eating up balancing deadlines by working with the doctor.
Dr. Mario probably took 1/50th of the time to create a "original" character, given that has stats are barely any different from Mario (he's basically just Mario with more power and weight) and his pills are the only move that have noticeably different frames.

Besides, it's not like we're choosing between Dr. Mario over Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad if Dr. Mario is a late add-on.

yani

Smash Lord
So I finally purchased a Mega Man game today. I bought the first one on the VC and I'm definitely enjoying it. A bit difficult though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ yani
That last boss fight is super hard in the original Mega Man. If you like that game, definitely look up Mega Man 2 and 3. Those are excellent games, too.

Also, we got 1,896 posts to go until the 100,000th post! o.O

Even if any of us had all of those posts left, we would all still be 3,000 or more posts below Omega's posts on this thread! :laugh:

yani

Smash Lord
@ yani
That last boss fight is super hard in the original Mega Man. If you like that game, definitely look up Mega Man 2 and 3. Those are excellent games, too.
Thanks, I'll definitely look into them :awesome:. Any DS /GC games you recommend?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Smash should have a boxing minigame

"Yo dawg, I heard you like fighting in Smash Bros so we gave you a fighting minigame in your fighting game so you can fight while you fight"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ yani
The final boss in the original Mega Man is actually two super hard final bosses that alone require perfect execution.

The best Mega Man games IMO are 2 and 3, as previously mentioned. You should definitely check those out whenever you can. ;)

Gamecube games to recommend... uh... F-Zero G/X (if you like technical racing games), Resident Evil 4 (if you like games that BLOW YOUR MIND!), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (if you like platformers and/or RPGs), Tales of Symphonia (a great RPG that takes a long time to beat and you can beat it with friends; I beat it with my brother and two friends, and it was straight up awesome!), both Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (excellent first person shooters/adventures)...

...I'll think up a few more. Oh, and Wario World and Luigi's Mansion are fun, yet sadly short games. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles isn't a bad Gamecube game, either, although it is better with other people. You should play it before you buy it, because you may not like it. If it's super cheap, though, go ahead and get on it! :laugh:

As for the DS... Final Fantasy III (awesome job system), Final Fantasy IV (epic story and game play), Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Advance Wars game on the DS (if you like strategy RPG's), the Final Fantasy Tactics game on there, and anything Castlevania are great. Seriously, there are SOO MANY ridiculously good 2D side-scrolling Castlevania games on the DS.

yani

Smash Lord
Ahh sorry I meant Mega Man GC/DS games, I've have all of those GC games except RE, but I am looking for more DS games in general, so thank you :awesome:

So far in the original MM I beat Cutman and I attempted Ice Man but I couldn't get passed these damn moving blocks :mad:

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
Ahh sorry I meant Mega Man GC/DS games, I've have all of those GC games except RE, but I am looking for more DS games in general, so thank you :awesome:

So far in the original MM I beat Cutman and I attempted Ice Man but I couldn't get passed these damn moving blocks :mad:
The Mega Man games are some of the most difficult games I've ever played. I remember when I used to have a SNES as a kid, I rented one of the Mega Man games for it. I rented the game for seven days. I spent the whole week trying to get past either the first or second levels!(can't remember which):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom