• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just use craig's list...save me some money. Still holding onto a 50 dollar GS card I won a over a year ago...maybe put it into Uncharted 3 or Dark Souls depending on what you get if I preorder it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've played (own Demon's Souls) both, and so I'm looking forward to both games. I might lean towards buying Dark Souls, because I'm not big on the multiplayer mode of Uncharted. Just interested in the story. Dark Souls though....I can spend a good 40+ hours.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I got the CD Soundtrack after calling Nintendo about the site glitching up.

But yeah, I got a 10% discount on the Prima guide and since I'm a Zelda collector, I was like "Sure, why the hell not?"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wonder who will be in charge of ensuring the 3D works well on the 3DS...the shows or Netflix?

In any case, it'd only be usable in a wifi zone.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
how about on the cuckoo minigame in Ocarina of Time 3DS, I got the right 3 luckily on my first 3 pickups. >>;

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
3DS sales are waning, for yet another month. What is Nintendo going to do? I'm interested to see how that take on their current situation.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I don't think it's a big deal imo. They have so many great games on the horizon it'll be fine. Vita is intimidating, but so was the psp. They'll be Aight.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
3DS sales are waning, for yet another month. What is Nintendo going to do? I'm interested to see how that take on their current situation.
That is odd, from what I have seen on the numbers the couple weeks prior to the release of Oot has seen increases and I am sure that is going to be a continuing trend at least until the next dry spot.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Maybe people wised up and decided not to spend 300 bucks on a system and a 10 year old game with decent graphics.

Seriously though, Nintendo needs a better line up...but that might secretly not be their core issue assuming the Vita provides a challenge and with Wii U on the horizon.

Don't forget, smart phones are part of the portable gaming industry as well.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
not even going to lie...out of the like 50+ games the 3DS has out...the fact I only seem to Find 2 interesting is somewhat of a downfall.

I wouldve been happy if they had delayed the release just to get some better release games.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maybe people wised up and decided not to spend 300 bucks on a system and a 10 year old game with decent graphics.

Seriously though, Nintendo needs a better line up...but that might secretly not be their core issue assuming the Vita provides a challenge and with Wii U on the horizon.

Don't forget, smart phones are part of the portable gaming industry as well.
eh, Smart Phones. I don't really think App-Games rival PSP/DS things imo.

I think the biggest issue stemmed from games, but when games come out, it'll pick up. Especially Starfox64/Kid Icarus.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
im at tthe zora temple :DDDDDDDD

Im not trying to beat the game to quick or my fun would be spoiiled so don blame me I alwayse played this game when i was 6 and never beated I think the fire temple when your older link.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
eh, Smart Phones. I don't really think App-Games rival PSP/DS things imo.

I think the biggest issue stemmed from games, but when games come out, it'll pick up. Especially Starfox64/Kid Icarus.
You're not looking at it properly. I'm not talking about guys like us who can tell the difference between a app game and a 3ds game...but newcomers, kids, older adults, and maybe even teens are simply investing their money in that direction.

Plus, the economy still stinks, so that's another factor.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ehhhhhhh my friend showed me her 3DS when school was still on and I have to say it's not that alluring. The only thing I really liked about it were the AR cards, which were just because it was cool that the camera could do all that stuff.

When I asked her about the games, she said that all the stuff that they had at the time sucked and seeing as the first major title for the 3DS just came out this weekend, I honestly still don't care because I hate Zelda. Before the 3DS came out, I honestly wanted to pick one up because they were making SF643DS, but then I realized that all it is is a remake, which I can easily play on the Wii or N64 for a cheaper price.

Tbh, the 3DS looks mediocre. Last year's E3 made the 3DS look much more impressive than it actually came out being. I'm much more impressed by the Vita which has better looking graphics, more apps than the 3DS is probably gonna have, wi-fi (even if it's crappy AT&T, which could probably change before the Vita's release), two analog sticks, and compatibility with the PS3, which is good if it allows for games on the PSP to be downloaded on the Vita.

Eh, I'll probably just wait for the 3DS Lite to come out for more games that take advantage of the software and for the longer battery life/better 3D/ whatever

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ehhhhhhh my friend showed me her 3DS when school was still on and I have to say it's not that alluring. The only thing I really liked about it were the AR cards, which were just because it was cool that the camera could do all that stuff.

When I asked her about the games, she said that all the stuff that they had at the time sucked and seeing as the first major title for the 3DS just came out this weekend, I honestly still don't care because I hate Zelda. Before the 3DS came out, I honestly wanted to pick one up because they were making SF643DS, but then I realized that all it is is a remake, which I can easily play on the Wii or N64 for a cheaper price.

Tbh, the 3DS looks mediocre. Last year's E3 made the 3DS look much more impressive than it actually came out being. I'm much more impressed by the Vita which has better looking graphics, more apps than the 3DS is probably gonna have, wi-fi (even if it's crappy AT&T, which could probably change before the Vita's release), two analog sticks, and compatibility with the PS3, which is good if it allows for games on the PSP to be downloaded on the Vita.

Eh, I'll probably just wait for the 3DS Lite to come out for more games that take advantage of the software and for the longer battery life/better 3D/ whatever
She said that all the stuff that they had at the time sucked and seeing as the first major title for the 3DS just came out this weekend, I honestly still don't care because I hate Zelda.
I honestly still don't care because I hate Zelda
I hate playing good games

stopped reading

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
stopped reading
I'm sorry but I hate every aspect but the music from that series.

Played Zelda 1, got bored, played Zelda 2, also got bored, played OoT, was way too easy, played MM, was way too hard, played WW, I like the style of the game, but I honestly found the ocean parts tedious, played ST, I found that playing a Zelda game on the DS sucks, I played TP, it just sucked

I'm sorry, but I've given nearly every game a chance and I didn't like any of them. The only thing that captivates me in every game is the music. Whoever composes it needs to get a medal for all the good **** he's composed. I honestly was gonna do that offer for the free CD of the Zelda soundtrack because I wouldn't mind listening to the music, until I found out I had to buy OoT3DS, which A. I wouldn't have because I don't like Zelda, and B. because I don't have a 3DS anyways.

Yeah, I like every Nintendo franchise ever except Zelda. That's the one thing that I hate.

Life

Smash Hero
You found MM too hard? I don't recall it being so bad... there were a couple difficult spots, and it's certainly tougher than OOT, but I wouldn't call it TOO hard. (Gyorg probably should have been toned down a bit.)

I'm doing a three-heart run in Master Quest (this is my first time running it). I get one-shotted by Stalfos' jump attack. There are two places (as far as I've gotten) where you fight three at once. I won't be surprised if there's a room with four at some point. THAT's hard. (Funny, I've only Game Over'd once, and that was to a Keese in the very first room of the Deku Tree that I didn't have the reflexes to shoot before it came up behind me. And they do a full heart in MQ.)

(Also, protip, sequence breaking is a good idea in certain areas.
There's an Iron Knuckle in a small room in Fire Temple and I have no clue how I'd have beaten it--except that I did Water Temple before Fire Temple so I had Longshot, so I visited the desert and picked up Nayru's Love. So I just Leeroy'd it with Nayru's Love up.
)

v Agreed about LA being awesome, but I never got around to ALTTP :c

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Played Zelda 1, got bored, played Zelda 2, also got bored, played OoT, was way too easy, played MM, was way too hard, played WW, I like the style of the game, but I honestly found the ocean parts tedious, played ST, I found that playing a Zelda game on the DS sucks, I played TP, it just sucked
You missed A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, my two favorites in the series :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Makes me wonder if Nintendo would ever bother putting VAs for the Zelda cast. A game that has so much more potential for story and depth would go so well with the right VAs. And by right VAs, I don't mean the cast from Metroid: Other M.

Till then, I'll stick to Link going "Ha! YA! HIYA"

Top Bottom