• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
semi quit, come back the day of the tourny and rayhpe

lol kai " evertime i throw a naner u shield, evertime i jump at u, you nair"

then dont do it!

but don't go sonic either XD
Whenever I glide toss MK's they sheild UpB then I get hit......you jump and Nair.....WTF? It's confusing :laugh:

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Your addressing my personal reactions but it's different people. If you beat me, I wouldn't try to demean it. It will vary with person to person how I will react. I may not mention it but I will have my personal view on the match either way whether I express it or not.

I'm not talking about good sportsmanship and friendly competition. I'm talking about what I think is fair. If I was being nice to everyone conflicts like this wouldn't involve me but I'd rather speak on what I think is fair(whether I care or not). I could say the same thing about you. Why bother to count your win over me knowing I'm not at full strength? That sounds rude too
I'm simply saying that these kinds of problems would not exist if GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP was still around.

You know I of all people am willing to debate page after page, but I feel as though there is a more simple solution. At the rate we are going, there could honestly be a point where a set doesn't count if a player trips in it. Or if someone sd's the set doesn't count. These are all, unexpected turns within a match. Turns that can literally GIVE someone a win regardless of whether they out played the other.

people, not just you Kai, people, create these reasons for losing( so that they can disgard,justify them w/e) and this compromises the practice of crediting the opponent. If credit and respect were given more often I personally feel that you wouldn't feel any type of way about someone using a victory over you in low tiers. I mean REALISTICALLY, there are very few people in NJ who will or who have beat you. So if you didn't feel, as does most of everyone else in NJ, that you have to FIGHT for your right to be respected as a player via arguing on the boards, then you would be more likely to see someone beating you simply as someone beating you because you'd know that the same would be done in return when you get your wins.

Also, be serious about the low tier stuff. You are more than capable of beating anyone in NJ with sonic in low tiers. You are holding on to a technicality imo. Regardless if you would use diddy vs falcon irl, you are not automatically some brain dead person who has no clue what to do because diddy is not available to you.

Also, you have been entering low tier tournies for how long? If out of the 4 characters allowed in low tiers, you are still unsure about any mu, then maybe you should actually practice them w/ sonic, so you don't suffer any weird losses.

Honestly, I don't think I would screw someone out of a win over my marth because I didn't have sheik and falco available to me. Regardless of who I might have chosen to use, my marth is more than capable of executing my vs snake gameplan, and I personally feel the same about your sonic vs like any low tier char. You are adequate in every low tier mu bro, you really are.

Cable

Smash Lord
wtf is going on up in here? iight NJ were a strong state but not as before top 10 sounds good more competition getting into the rankings. a few more panelists could be better idea but choose wisely dudes is sneaky. and idk what else to say mario kart double dash anyone?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well I'd agree about the sportsmanship but I personally feel that we(low tier mains) didn't begin the bad sportsmanship by denying wins but rather those who impose that we should take losses when it's completely understood that LT's are side events.

Yeah maybe I should take more time to practice the LT matchups but if sonic losses he losses.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Well I'd agree about the sportsmanship but I personally feel that we(low tier mains) didn't begin the bad sportsmanship by denying wins but rather those who impose that we should take losses when it's completely understood that LT's are side events.

Yeah maybe I should take more time to practice the LT matchups but if sonic losses he losses.
I agree. This bad sportsmanship crap came long before you entered this community.

I am going to work hard at changing the way NJ acts.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If somebody stretches the page with an image again I'm going to report them. Take that **** to the spam room and crew threads, please.

Panelists being too self-serving has been around for a long time, and you can't expect it to go away; people being selfish is nature, and I would be concerned if people didn't want the best for themselves. That said, the panel should ideally be composed of those who have no or little stake in the rankings, or the people who have the final decision on the list should not be people on the list.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I would agree with that cyanide. It would actually be kool for there to be a panel of people are not going to be ranked. As long as they can handle the bribes that are sure to come. Imagine the kinds of "favors" Inui would offer to be ranked number 2 LMAO. Who could really resist??!? jk jk

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Doubles wins so far,

Wes+ Hellfox
Meep+ Takeover
Mr Clutch Vaja
Friday weeklies( i know these count very little but at least its something)
Orion+Thinocyde
Doom+r3mix.

here?

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
remember old rankings ...

NJ Brawl Summer Rankings List 7/19/08 -=Posted for Recording purposes=-

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. dmbrandon
4. Inui
5. Atomsk
6. Yes!
7. BlackWaltz
8. Emblem Lord
9. Lord Knight
10. Keitaro
11. Bajisci
12. Ether
13. Blue
14. Eazy
15. PRiDE

NJ Brawl Fall Rankings List 10/24/08 -=Posted for Recording purposes=-

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. Atomsk
4. Inui
5. BlackWaltz
6. Keitaro
7. DaPuffster
8. Pierce7d
9. Blue
10. Yes!
11. PRiDE
12. Eazy
13. ksizzle
14. Orion
15. Kai

NJ Brawl Winter Rankings List 1/18/09 -=Posted for Recording purposes=-

1. Mew2King
2. teh_spamerer
3. Atomsk
4. Inui
5. BlackWaltz
6. Yes!
7. Malcolm
8. dmbrandon
9. Keitaro
10. ksizzle
11. Izumi
12. Eazy
13. Pride
14. Pierce7d
15. Umbra

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Doubles wins so far,

Wes+ Hellfox
Meep+ Takeover
Mr Clutch Vaja
Friday weeklies( i know these count very little but at least its something)
Orion+Thinocyde
Doom+r3mix.

here?
Important results are gnerally known to the panel without you having to bring them up in the thread.

I also still find it funny that you consider Orion and I a significant win, considering neither of us were using mains until the last match.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Important results are gnerally known to the panel without you having to bring them up in the thread.

I also still find it funny that you consider Orion and I a significant win, considering neither of us were using mains until the last match.

Wrong. You used YOUR main the whole set and orion still carried you. DID I NOT SAY i know these count VERY little, honestly can you ****ing read what i say jesus.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wrong. You used YOUR main the whole set and orion still carried you. DID I NOT SAY i know these count VERY little, honestly can you ****ing read what i say jesus.
What are you talking about? MK isn't my main, kiddo. As far as trash talking goes, your brother's backpack was FAR bigger than Orion's.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
After careful consideration, I have decided that Kai makes an extremely valid point. Not having access to Diddy in MUs where he would normally go Diddy if someone were to choose certain low tier characters against him does affect the outcome.

I think that only low tier matches resulting in the winner placing in the money should count towards rankings.

Panel, can we vote on top 10 vs. top 15?

EDIT: And wow, lolololololol, how am I a nazi for breaking up pointless fights and trying to keep things together and on topic? In the old thread, there was so much spam (unfortunately there is still spam in this thread, but I'm not a moderator so . . .) and I hated going in there, because the useful information was cluttered with all the junk. It completely sucked as a player finder and because the junkyard of NJ. I fear that's going to happen to this thread too, but I'm not going down without a fight.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
me and pierce talked and weve decided in killing atomsk.

nah jk. i dont need help to do that.

Pigs fly

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Is the panel aware of who is active this season? Personally I think a majority of the tournys this season were in terrible locations(in terms of me not liking the venue or it being too far) so I've only been to one event. I was just curious how it looked for other people. Will it look accurate?

Zucco

Smash Master
Is the panel aware of who is active this season? Personally I think a majority of the tournys this season were in terrible locations(in terms of me not liking the venue or it being too far) so I've only been to one event. I was just curious how it looked for other people. Will it look accurate?
I think your sonic needs to take a closer look at the rest of the season:

while it may not be completely accurate atm, theres still time to score some wins. November has just started and I believe there are 4 or so more weekends for tourneys.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yup, but Inui's is the only thing fun I plan on going to. Regardless small one, I still want an update how things are now :bee:

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
After careful consideration, I have decided that Kai makes an extremely valid point. Not having access to Diddy in MUs where he would normally go Diddy if someone were to choose certain low tier characters against him does affect the outcome.

I think that only low tier matches resulting in the winner placing in the money should count towards rankings.

Panel, can we vote on top 10 vs. top 15?

EDIT: And wow, lolololololol, how am I a nazi for breaking up pointless fights and trying to keep things together and on topic? In the old thread, there was so much spam (unfortunately there is still spam in this thread, but I'm not a moderator so . . .) and I hated going in there, because the useful information was cluttered with all the junk. It completely sucked as a player finder and because the junkyard of NJ. I fear that's going to happen to this thread too, but I'm not going down without a fight.
Clearly you are confused, my post was merly a distraction, to post my video. It was intended for you, to be blinded by the name calling and not consider it a spam post. I succeeded in this, that is why I should be King of the Universe. You clearly didn't address, the part of you eating uncooked liver. For this, you are the failure of a dark room with plushies.Also, the thread being a junkyard is what made it popular anyway.
People post in it more because of its' appeal and then they care more about the rankings. The Junk=promotions=people caring.

Zucco, don't ever post cyclops sonic again, I lost all respect for you because of that
disturbing and inappropriate image.

Ksizzle, you know best about icarly, doesn't the kid look like ADHD? JG suggests different. Oh and keep up your voilence.

Now, on topic. Kai for panelist? That syide guy too..Thouysuide? that guy, you know, him, he posted here, yeah, that guy.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I agree with everything Dan said, except NJ is still super **** because new players replace the old all the time. Did you notice how Seph got beastly? Don't sleep on NJ, broski. We are gdlk.
i love NJ/NY but we arent some superpower. seph isnt amazing im sorry :/, i like him as a person and i RARELY trash talk (if i do its in person and its obviously me screwing around) so im not putting him down. but hes not "good" in my books. i dont consider him a tourny threat

top ten would be awesome.

Nj is considered the best state in the US. Whats wrong with a top 15?
its considered that in NJ..... maybe?

whats wrong is that sub par metaknights wont be able to make the list and embarrass everyone when they go last hit last stock matches with cyan. oh wait.... thats a good thing :laugh:

edit. cyanide really doesnt use mk as a main.....

he uses mk for like. falco. Maybe marth or diddy? vs all the top characters that matter in tourny hes 90% ZSS.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Now, on topic. Kai for panelist? That syide guy too..Thouysuide? that guy, you know, him, he posted here, yeah, that guy.
You not knowing my name is probably the best sign that I haven't caused any drama.

Hoo-rah!

whats wrong is that sub par metaknights wont be able to make the list and embarrass everyone when they go last hit last stock matches with cyan. oh wait.... thats a good thin
Gahahahahahahaha. You have the most random posting schedule.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I don't want to be a panelist. I don't want to be responsible for screwing people over because of stupid things I disagree with but count due to myself being outvoted.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
cyan would be a good panelist.

Pros
-knowledgeable about the game (very good matchup knowledge, theory, debated well in the anti ban and stage discussion poll, ect.)
-good at analyzing tourny data, and making unbiased results
-is NOT a puppet of many of your garbage "politics".
-smart and reasonable person, sticks to what he thinks but if you give him a well thought out argument and not garbage he will really listen and consider it.

Cons
-pretty sucky in game
-could be more active (not like keitaro is super active either though, no offense. just being honest)
-loses to bigM

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I don't know if it was addressed, but...

Kai says he uses diddy for certain matchups, and he's not allowed to do that in low tiers. How is that any different from the mk ban tournies?

Low tiers wins should only count as a tiebreaker or not even that.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Scenerio A.

Eazy and Kai enter the same amount of events in a season. We somehow fight the same people in brackets in our events and beat the same exact people.

There are just a few differences between our performances.

I have a win over
kirin
boss
ryko
shugo
puffster
all in low tiers.

I think it unreasonable not to rank me ahead of kai in this scenerio. I find it reasonable, based on a "I COULD HAVE USED" claim, to devalue my wins to NOTHING. Because if they wont help me get ranked, and the players can just say they would use their other chars for the mu, then no 1 even takes my win seriously at all. Which is BULL my friends, bull.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Using certain mains for certain characters is not bull. I'm sorry but Diddy does much better vs Olimar, Wario, Lucario etc. That "I could of used" factor is a very big deal when trying to win a set that matters. I don't use Sonic for PT and Ike. That "I could have used" factor matters because if "I could have used" Diddy, I would win.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Ok so what if you lose to a falcon in low tiers?

Are you honestly, and not for the sake of your argument, claiming that you have such a problem with any low tier character that you have no real chance at winning? That these characters hinder your smashing ability to the point where their victory is to be devalued to nothingness? Victory that I would presume is inevitable since you can't beat them with sonic? So your record vs pt and ike has a 0 in the W column?

How often do you even lose in low tiers? I'd guess pretty rarely. Who has beaten you? Are they 100% vs you? I mean if they are not. isn't that proof that you know the mu's enough? I mean if you beat my mario 2343242 times in low tiers, and I finally get better and beat you, it just sucks that YOU can say meh I'd go diddy, it means nothing. Getting outplayed is getting outplayed, I don't feel as though any technicality should keep everyone from accepting this in certain situations.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Ok so what if you lose to a falcon in low tiers?

Are you honestly, and not for the sake of your argument, claiming that you have such a problem with any low tier character that you have no real chance at winning? That these characters hinder your smashing ability to the point where their victory is to be devalued to nothingness? Victory that I would presume is inevitable since you can't beat them with sonic? So your record vs pt and ike has a 0 in the W column?

How often do you even lose in low tiers? I'd guess pretty rarely. Who has beaten you? Are they 100% vs you? I mean if they are not. isn't that proof that you know the mu's enough? I mean if you beat my mario 2343242 times in low tiers, and I finally get better and beat you, it just sucks that YOU can say meh I'd go diddy, it means nothing. Getting outplayed is getting outplayed, I don't feel as though any technicality should keep everyone from accepting this in certain situations.
Ally is 100% on me in low tiers. He is who I lose to. Like I said I don't care much for the rankings and I have no fear of losing to anyone in our area in low tiers if Sonic is allowed(forgive the arrogant sounding tone of the sentence) but we are discussing what would be fair. IMO counting low tiers is not fair for a select few on the arguement of mains. The whole point of my mains, literally the only reason why I play another character than Sonic is bc he gets wrecked by certain characters and some are just much easier with Diddy.

If I lose to someone who's using a low tier with my character why is it surprising that I would want to switch to another character I play who might give me a better chance in a real match?

Getting outplayed is one thing, matchups are another. I can offer my mm with Blue as an example or a more well known situation including that Ness player in the CA event where he beat one of the best MK's then gets horribly WRECKED by SK's Falco. He outplayed his opponent's mk but had a huge disadvantage against Falco.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
mu's are numbers bro. You have beaten mk's with sonic, and I'm sure mk gives you a worse mu than any low tier does. Falco's cg is stupidly gay. Fow got cg'd like 3 times. That is his fault. Maybe he practiced vs mk so much that he forgot about falco?

Point is, we can't only decide to judge fow when he is fighting vs mk. He got ***** by falco...ok he got ***** by falco. Bleachigo loss to zucco in that same mu lol. We don't take how good certain people are at certain mu's when we decide what should count do we?

You said you lose to ally in low tiers (because he is simply a better player than you). But please tell me how THAT fact has any positive impact on your argument? If you feel ally is your only threat in low tiers, you are obviously confident. So how is it that you can be confident vs anyone in this area in low tiers, but if they beat you it shouldn't count because you all of the sudden aren't confident? And you somehow need diddy to be confident again.

I would have accepted if you said " I know I can't beat any ike or pt with sonic". But you did not. You are perfectly capable of winning these mu's, as you have proven unless you are outplayed. So again. The tl;dr version If
1. you are confident that you can win vs anyone in THIS area in low tiers accept ally.
2.Ally is NOT ranked in this area so it doesn't really matter at all.
Why are you willing to devalue someone's win vs you when you are CONFIDENT????

I'm being far less objective than usual, but I am seeing the value in it. The concept of right and wrong can be argued until death, but what about those waiting for the answer? You know in your heart whether someone deserves a noted win over you. If you were trying( if not PRESENT THIS ARGUMENT), and you were confident, don't crap someone out of a victory. It doesn't do anyone any good.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
low tiers should Only be used for tie breakers >_>. seriously. and honestly i would count dubz before that **** but now we have this amazing doubles ranking (sarcasm) so **** it.

LOW TIERS IS A SIDE EVENT. time for orion logic:
Low tiers costs half the entry of singles. Instant. 50% of what it is worth in comparison to a singles match is gone.
Low tier attendance is less than singles. lets say 2/3rd of the people that enter singles even enter low tiers. then i would take away at least another 3rd of its value since most people dont care about it.
thats like 18%, in comparison to 100. its not worth it, and so little people want it.

MK banned events should count though. its a WHOLE EVENT without mk. if your an mk main and you go to one of those and get wrecked, its your own fault. you made a conscious decision to go to an entire event without mk. it obviously shouldnt hold the same weight as a true set vs a mk main but it shouldnt count for nothing.

honestly if a majority of the community is anti mk banned events ill go with it, but thats just my opinion.

Lucas. your my friend, and we're chill. im not going to start a deep discussion on this, i dont even care if you reply or not. but please take keitaros note on taking what a majority of what the community wants a bit more seriously. we arent stupid.

edit: i dont think kais arguing for his own sake eazy, if im wrong let me know kai XD

fkacyan

Smash Hero
MK banned events should count though. its a WHOLE EVENT without mk. if your an mk main and you go to one of those and get wrecked, its your own fault. you made a conscious decision to go to an entire event without mk. it obviously shouldnt hold the same weight as a true set vs a mk main but it shouldnt count for nothing.
It completely changes the tier list. ZSS has an auto-counter in Falco; certain characters become notoriously hard to kill; it requires, essentially, people to pick up different characters. It's a different game.

In a game that is so MU-based, it's ridiculous to assume you can remove a character or a subset of characters and expect that to count alongside the full roster matches.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
What people do not seem to realize is that I am speaking of certain instances. I am in no way making a generalization unless it is about a player who MAINS a low tier character. Kai's situation is one of the more iffy one's tbh. There are people like rhyme and pride where they were going to use their mains for like every single possible mu.

I know rhyme uses kirby but u get my drift.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
mu's are numbers bro. You have beaten mk's with sonic, and I'm sure mk gives you a worse mu than any low tier does. Falco's cg is stupidly gay. Fow got cg'd like 3 times. That is his fault. Maybe he practiced vs mk so much that he forgot about falco?
MU's are numbers true but numbers from what? About how difficult the match is for each character. If someone beat my Sonic with Snake and I made a comment about the matchup being terrible(I'd keep my mouth shut if I respected them) and they responded that mu's are only numbers I'd be shocked. And no, squirtle is a much bigger threat than mk imo.
Point is, we can't only decide to judge fow when he is fighting vs mk. He got ***** by falco...ok he got ***** by falco. Bleachigo loss to zucco in that same mu lol. We don't take how good certain people are at certain mu's when we decide what should count do we?
No, and we shouldn't have to. This is more of my point. If my options weren't limited there would be no reason to stay in a bad matchup.

You said you lose to ally in low tiers (because he is simply a better player than you). But please tell me how THAT fact has any positive impact on your argument? If you feel ally is your only threat in low tiers, you are obviously confident. So how is it that you can be confident vs anyone in this area in low tiers, but if they beat you it shouldn't count because you all of the sudden aren't confident? And you somehow need diddy to be confident again.
I don't think it helps my arguement. I was just answering your comment truthfully instead of saying some lie to help my side.

I would have accepted if you said " I know I can't beat any ike or pt with sonic". But you did not. You are perfectly capable of winning these mu's, as you have proven unless you are outplayed. So again. The tl;dr version If
1. you are confident that you can win vs anyone in THIS area in low tiers accept ally.
2.Ally is NOT ranked in this area so it doesn't really matter at all.
Why are you willing to devalue someone's win vs you when you are CONFIDENT????
You're right, I can win those matchups. Let me ask you though, if I played an Ike who used only Ike and was able to wreck him with Diddy and go even with him with Sonic then lose to him in LT then beat him in Singles(with Diddy), do you think these should hold the same weight?

I'm confident because I'm sure I am just as good as a PLAYER as every other entrant in LT events(except ALLY). I wouldn't be trying to devalue anything if it wasn't 6-7 people getting screwed over in rankings and not everyone else. NOBODY enters LT or any event without some grasp of the character they will be playing. If it counts for anyone, it counts for all.

I'm being far less objective than usual, but I am seeing the value in it. The concept of right and wrong can be argued until death, but what about those waiting for the answer? You know in your heart whether someone deserves a noted win over you. If you were trying( if not PRESENT THIS ARGUMENT), and you were confident, don't crap someone out of a victory. It doesn't do anyone any good.
It's already obvious the panel will vote that it counts for me and a few other people and that every match we play is a rankings risk while the others it's gain only. It's not suprising and I know the vote favors it anyway considering the panelists expressing their views already.

Inui is not doing this to, as I've said, "screw me over" bc if he was really trying to do that he just wouldn't allow sonic all together. Unless of course he thought he'd win and/or cares more about rankings than money which I just don't believe.

edit: i dont think kais arguing for his own sake eazy, if im wrong let me know kai XD
No, I'm not arguing for my own sake. Ally is the only player that will win vs me in low tiers so it'd be pointless. More to that I don't care much for the rankings, but this concept of this side event counting for a few people and not others being fair to me is very unfair.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I feel as though you have never understood that you or whoever, being defeated in low tiers does NO WRONG to you. It does not hurt you, except for the fact that it helps the other person. If you find problem with them beating you helping them, but you respect their win, I am most certainly confused.

If you wrecked the ike with diddy, that is great, it is what is supposed to happen. But he beat your sonic, and he should get noted for that.

If I fight pierce in singles, and he goes falco, I will not get the same plus that I would had he gone marth.

If max ***** me in tourny and I'm marth, he will get the same plus that anyone who beats my marth would.

It is all about the person who wins, and how big of a win it is for The person that loses doesn't really matter.

Also, you are saying "side event" like it is not for money or something. You aren't sandbagging so why is the position of the tourny( top, bottom, center, side) even relevant?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I feel as though you have never understood that you or whoever, being defeated in low tiers does NO WRONG to you. It does not hurt you, except for the fact that it helps the other person. If you find problem with them beating you helping them, but you respect their win, I am most certainly confused.

If you wrecked the ike with diddy, that is great, it is what is supposed to happen. But he beat your sonic, and he should get noted for that.

If I fight pierce in singles, and he goes falco, I will not get the same plus that I would had he gone marth.

If max ***** me in tourny and I'm marth, he will get the same plus that anyone who beats my marth would.

It is all about the person who wins, and how big of a win it is for The person that loses doesn't really matter.

Also, you are saying "side event" like it is not for money or something. You aren't sandbagging so why is the position of the tourny( top, bottom, center, side) even relevant?
If I cared greatly about rankings, how would other people benefitting while I wouldn't be NOT hurt me? They'd be getting a head start so to speak.

He'd get noted for how much? A regular win?? Nonsense imo. A tie breaker? Acceptable.

A side event to me implies a tournament with specific conditions that change the way the game is played from normal Singles/Doubles. Balance Brawl Brawl+, mid tiers, low tiers, etc

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've taken maches and sets off of ranked players before at gamingworld, where there are set payouts to a $3 entry fee. There is no way that the people I beat there cared nearly as much as if they were going to be playing for non-set payout $10 entry fee matches.

In the same vein, there's no way that people are going to take a side event as seriously.

Top Bottom