• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Violence

Smash Lord
don't fret asking for the money and DEFINITELY don't even consider 'eating a few bucks'. There's absolutely no reason for you to pay anything out of pocket; it's a cost that should be paid by everyone, not just you
^This. This is what I love about Norcal. Someone steps up to make a tournament, people have no problems putting up a venue fee.

Good ****, Julian, good luck with this.

Violence

Smash Lord
Hey guys, it's been half a year now...

Isn't it about time we took Dajuan off the PR updated the PR?

We have plenty of tournaments and matches to go on, don't we?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for norcal pr its usually about how much the panel cares, not how much legit info we have

or maybe they're waiting for when dajuan gets 2nd place at a local.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
the prob with the updating the panel, is that most of the panelists have quit smash or hardly play anymore/keep up with the scene

mostly thinking about lunin/sheridan/falcomist/phil

edit: just realized i pretty much just said what andre already said lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
the funny thing about new panelists is that there's no approval process

if you want to be a new panelist, you ARE a new panelist. gather your panel and make a list!

the community itself will validate whether they accept the results or not, no need to worry about what makes it 'official'; nothing about this is 'official'!

unless you specifically want to know what me sheridan and peter think of you, then there's no reason not to just make your own list!

L__

Smash Master
After discussing, we (SFAT/PewPewU/L) present January's rankings as perceived by us.

version 1
1. Shroomed :drmario:
2. Lucien :sheik:
3. SilentSpectre :falcon:
4. SFAT :fox: :sheik:
5. Falcomist :marth:
6. PewPewU :marth: :falco:
7. Darrell :samus2:
8. HomeMadeWaffles :drmario: :fox: :falco:
9. Bob$ :marth:
10. Replicate :fox:
11. Scar :falcon:
12. LunInSpectra :fox:
13. HyugaRicdeau :jigglypuff:
14. Phil :marth: :mario2:
15. Zelgadis :sheik: :fox:
16. Mooninite :marth:
17. L :fox: :falco: :marth:
18. Ky :marth:
19. PockyD :sheik:
20. Zoap :peach:

v 1.1 - with help from jb
1. Shroomed :drmario:
2. SilentSpectre :falcon:
3. SFAT :fox: :sheik:
4. Falcomist :marth:
5. Bob$ :marth:
6. Darrell :samus2:
7. HomeMadeWaffles :drmario: :fox: :falco:
8. Replicate :fox:
9. Scar :falcon:
10. HyugaRicdeau :jigglypuff:
11. Zelgadis :sheik: :fox:
12. Ky :marth:
13. Mooninite :marth:
14. L :fox: :falco: :marth:
15. PockyD :sheik:

blah blah comments

EDIT:

subject to revision since

stuff

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah i understand, it's just that if someone isn't on this list, then it's going to be really hard for that person to make it on the final PR since placing is the major issue here.

anyways, nice list, i'm just curious about how good ky is

WassupJB

Smash Lord
take out lucien, phil, lunin and maybe pewpewu due to inactivity.

and unless darrell has some amazing wins at rom3 he may need to go below hmw and bob$.

1. shroomed
2. ss
3/4. sfat/falcomist (maybe i'm just bumping justin up because of his placement at gsg2, who knows?)
5/6. bob$/hmw
7-15. the higher the number the harder it becomes.

SFAT

Smash Ace
The basic activity criterion the panel uses for determining activity/rankability is participation in, on average, 1 tournament every 6 weeks for the ranking period, and continued residency in Norcal. Satisfying this guarantees being considered as "active." Not satisfying it does not necessarily guarantee being "inactive" however - exceptions may be made depending on specific circumstances. In the case of this period, 2 tournaments were required to be considered active. For a tournament to count towards the quota, it must have a minimum of 3 ranked players and 24 total in attendance, or the unanimous acceptance of the panel. The tournament you held with the local noobs in your dorm doesn't count.
What the. Why would we take Lucien/PewPewU off? I understand Phil...maybe? But Lucien went to 2 tournaments for sure and I know Kevin went to more than 2. There were only...

2 CGCs
4 Ownaploozas
2 GSGs

..this ranking period. Not as many tournaments as we (I) thought. I think they should just be lowered instead of removed.

But I do agree Darrell was too high.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I have gone to almost no tournaments, I went to one at the beginning of the period and then one just recently. I also have no idea when I will get back into tournaments. I say boot me for inactivity. When I get free time again I will get back up there. It's not fair for people who are active to not have the chance to play the higher ranked people.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Lol I don't really care if I get booted just cuz being unseeded is fun so I don't have to beat Darrell all the time. Jk. I'm just tired of always having to play Darrell and Rey if he goes. Like seriously, I have played Darrell every time for the last six (I think) tournaments. But anyhow, for the record, I went to three tournaments I think. A small CGC, CGC Axe, and GSG2.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
our rankings are so janky now
i kinda feel you haha.

lucien for first IMO :)

unless hes inactive? idk
shroomed's gotta be first hands down. won nearly every local and beat ss, lucien and lucky this period. lucien does have zhu, lucky and 1-1 set wise with ss, but's all at gsg1 (kinda long ago with a 6month gap between tournament attendance. but to take that long of a break and considering lucien's placement does show that he's a solid player). 2 out 8 tournament's for a ranking period is too few to me.

What the. Why would we take Lucien/PewPewU off? I understand Phil...maybe? But Lucien went to 2 tournaments for sure and I know Kevin went to more than 2. There were only...

2 CGCs
4 Ownaploozas
2 GSGs

..this ranking period. Not as many tournaments as we (I) thought. I think they should just be lowered instead of removed.

But I do agree Darrell was too high.
going to 2 out of 8 tournament it a little low. 3 out of 8 sounds like one is barely scraping by with enough data to be ranked.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
What happened to norcal? This ranking looks so ****ing ugly lol

Im like 9 or 10 or something

Top Bottom