• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I could definitely tell icg has some pichu skill.

I was entertained. that thunder was a bit too much. I understand the walling aspect but imo overused.

in his defense, pikachu is ALOT better that pichu. zhu is alot better than icg. solid performance because I would expect the better player by a large margin to be able to win vs a negligible tier with most of the characters.

ive also heard awhile ago that zhu had a decent pikachu so that would mean zhu does play a lil pika if its true.

N64

Smash Champion
zhu's pika is sickkkkkkk

I just haven't seen anything from it in a while : (

on topic: pichu > kirby (sorry pink reaper). I wanna see pichus abusing quickattack with no land lag more!

edit: Merkuri stop saying things you don't know about! Zhu's pika is soooo 7 months ago!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's so painful to watch me spamming thunder I had a problem with that because everytime I played someone new they would be to aggevie and run into it. so I started spaming it so. side-B I still spam that normally better thou.

but wow I'm much better now. i'm impressied.

also i'm disappointed how you can only barly hear me srceaming. but LOL at me spacing f-tilt and it working and the taunts and spaming of bad B moves. I cried at the end. I suck and sometimes can't play serious to save my life

Merkuri

Smash Lord
zhu's pika is sickkkkkkk

on topic: pichu > kirby (sorry pink reaper). I wanna see pichus abusing quickattack with no land lag more!

edit: Merkuri stop saying things you don't know about! Zhu's pika is soooo 7 months ago!
:confused: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Pikachu is character Zhu doesn't main or second, therefore it makes ICG not getting ***** less impressive. You make these weird comments a lot.

Are the mods defending ICG or something? I noticed that they deleted the pages where I was pressing him about him defeat.

N64

Smash Champion
shameless vman plug! but everyone should see that anywayssss

merkuri i was just saying zhu has played pika a decent amount so he knows his way around the rat. I meant for there to be a lighthearted connotation to it (i tend to use exclamation marks in jest), no hard feelings. I do make weird comments a lot.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Such shameless and pathetic johns.

@N64: I took the post the wrong way. We're cool.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have a question? how many charcter johns have a made? one pichu's sweetspot makes me wanta die. Why do you care if i suck? Even if i'm the worse pichu player out there I still know more about pichu than you ever will. Also have i ever said I was any good? Really I have no massive ego to hurt. I can stand losing to poeple I cshouldn't have but you're just rubbing salt in the wounds. I don't think you understand me.

my name is there for a reason friday I curved into my arm till I had enough bloood to make a painting. 3 itches long and I nearly got to bone. your reasons why pichu are worse are f***ing ********. because ONE pllayer isn't all that great pichu isn't better than kirby? you are some kind of stupid.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I disargee with you and mindlessly spamed it in that match.if they try to use an air move on you geuss what? 2d jump away thunder. you fall faster than if you were FFing and get a free combo if they run into it. plus it's free extra damge if you up-smash and they don't die with good predictions you can thunder them more than once.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
zhu's pika is sickkkkkkk

I got 3rd with Pika at the Arcadian tourny (ranked players had to go low tiers) LOL. Falco / Sheik / Marth are really tough, I'll learn the matchups eventually =(. But yeah, Stab / Wesballz got 1st / 2nd / both play Falco / both destroyed me, and I think Pika is supposed to do ok against Falco so I'm probably not very good yet.

Anyways you guys continue!

Terrible use of Thunder.

And Kirby is the worst character. Sakurai gave his darling son a ****ty recovery and limited options in general.
And Armada would tell you otherwise. I used to think Kirby was the worst but after playing Armada, I think that title goes to Ness LOL

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I have a question? how many charcter johns have a made? one pichu's sweetspot makes me wanta die. Why do you care if i suck? Even if i'm the worse pichu player out there I still know more about pichu than you ever will. Also have i ever said I was any good? Really I have no massive ego to hurt. I can stand losing to poeple I cshouldn't have but you're just rubbing salt in the wounds. I don't think you understand me.

my name is there for a reason friday I curved into my arm till I had enough bloood to make a painting. 3 itches long and I nearly got to bone. your reasons why pichu are worse are f***ing ********. because ONE pllayer isn't all that great pichu isn't better than kirby? you are some kind of stupid.
I think this is the last conversation I'll have with you. You've responded to my posts like 5 times and you still haven't answered my question yet. While you were getting 3 stocked by the Kirby did you still feel as if you were playing the better character?

And I never implied that you thought you were good.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
falco kinda stomps pika. pika's combo fodder and his tech is stupid slow and easy to destroy. pik does have some nice things though and edgeguarding is pretty brutal. Pika is prolly one of the better chars in the game at edgeguarding falco cuz her effing ftilt is sooooooo broken. but ya, falco is falco so lol

unless its FD then its a little closer.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
falco kinda stomps pika. pika's combo fodder and her tech is stupid slow and easy to destroy. pik does have some nice things though and edgeguarding is pretty brutal. Pika is prolly one of the better chars in the game at edgeguarding falco cuz her effing ftilt is sooooooo broken. but ya, falco is falco so lol

unless its FD then its a little closer.
It's not closer on FD; Pika stomps spacies on FD. You haven't seen Shiz vs Axe? One grab is death! Falco can't really fight Pikachu there.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
not quite.

pika's grab combos are brutal and more garuteed than marth's even, but its not that hard to just not get grabbed. Pika's grab range is tiny and his sheild sucks so theres not a whole lot of threat coming from a sheilding pika (other than upair OoS)

Pika isnt going to be CC grabbing you the way sheik/marth might so thats another tool he really loses.

i guess what im saying is, pika's grabs ****, but he has less ways of getting them than the good characters.

unless ur a balla like axe.
i think spacies still have the advantage on FD though, its not like they cant get their usual massive combos.
edit: inb4 "dd grab and techchase grab"

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It's not closer on FD; Pika stomps spacies on FD. You haven't seen Shiz vs Axe? One grab is death! Falco can't really fight Pikachu there.
falco can fight pikachu just about anywhere.

fd just gives pikachu another option. the MU is a bit closer there but pikachu also pretty much has to approach head on everytime. lasers are good for stopping pikachu's momentum when he approaches.

I still think its in falco's favor on fd.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm really not interested in arguing about this. But all of the advantages that Falco is supposed to have on Pikachu become moot because it takes on grab to take a stock. In a match if Pikachu gets 4 grabs there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't have won the match.

DJRome

Smash Hero
I'm really not interested in arguing about this. But all of the advantages that Falco is supposed to have on Pikachu become moot because it takes on grab to take a stock. In a match if Pikachu gets 4 grabs there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't have won the match.
bad logic. is the same true for sheik vs spacies? marth vs spacies? fox vs falco?

these are all possible 0-deaths, but it's no guarantee

N64

Smash Champion
Pika does ok vs spacies on FD, but I don't CP them to there that often anymore. Getting a grab anywhere on falco is bad news for falco. On other stages you can bthrow if you're anywhere near an edge and set up edgeguard stuff. If not, you can uthrow. If there isn't a nearby platform, regrab or usmash->options. If there is, platform techchase regrab. It doesn't as often lead to guaranteed death as on FD but it still definately can (it at least results in decent damage and positional advantage for pikachu).

What falco does gain on FD is his camp game is a little better. Without platforms pika has a bit more difficulty getting around lasers, as his approach options are more limited and thus more predictable. If falco plays a defensive projectile and poke game there it can be really frustrating for pikachu.

Overall FD is still probably one of the best stages to CP falco, as grabs are difficult but very rewarding, but I don't think it has a big effect on the matchup as falco gains important tools there too.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
merkuri f*** you u'd rather be talking to VBM about why roy sucks. At least he listened to logic is some cases.

I know pichu has decent set-ups for grabs twice the range better throws and etc. but really if pikachu can land a good jolt, up-upsmash, tech chase with nair knocking them down, upair them below 60% or up-tilt he can get a free grab. they don't lack set-ups as bad as ness or bowser here. plus raw speed is nice.

pikachu has decent set-ups for a grab vs space animals.

N64

Smash Champion
He does have decent setups, but most of them require a mistake on the spacies' part. His pressure game (which is where he's likely to get a grab from) requires him to get right up next to fox/falco first, while they have plenty of stuff to keep you out. And even if you get in, being a bit too slow / not having enough time allows them to shine->wd out or in falco's case, shine->simple combo for like 20-30%->techchase option or escape.

So yeah, everyone makes mistakes and a mistake leading to death or decent damage can be pretty influential, but a mistake on pika's part either gets the spacey out of pressure and pika has to work his way back in, or damage/death to pika. With the right setup falco combos hurrrrt.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
all puff needs is 4 rests. seems to me she always negates everyone's advantages.
U serious? A grab is much easier than getting a rest, also the potential for punishing a grab isn't comparable for the potential to punish a rest. I hope you were joking because that was a ******** point.

bad logic. is the same true for sheik vs spacies? marth vs spacies? fox vs falco?

these are all possible 0-deaths, but it's no guarantee
Sheik doesn't have a chain grab spacies :confused: wut? And Marth does beat Spacies on FD. Fox vs Falco on FD is probably a bit in Fox's favor but it's not as evident because half the time Fox seemingly can't end it with a finishing move(I'm not sure how it works) and because for whatever reason Fox mains mess up the chain grab a lot.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also, Pikachu's CG on Fox and Falco is certainly much better than Fox/Marth's CG on those characters. Considering that Pika's goes all the way to 95%+ and links to an U-smash that kills off the roof so you don't have to edgeguard or something.

All Fox can really do is CG to 55/60 and then wait a lil' bit so Fox/Falco falls sort of low and then U-tilt and then if they DI away he dashes/WDs into U-tilt again. And if they don't DI away after the U-tilt he has to just U-tilt again (sometimes you can get a 3rd I think?) and then try to manipulate DI into an U-smash or something but if Fox/Falco DIs correctly nothing is guaranteed for a straight up KO and you have to tech chase or try to go for an edgeguard or whatever. You can also try to like U-tilt --> Uair --> Uair to KO off the roof but that's really hard, DI dependent, percent dependent, SDIable, etc.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pikachu doesn't lose terriblely against space animals but it isn't easier, really because it's a fun MU I think that would help.

I think falco vs pichu is fun if they are aren't uber campy or something. even if you sit there for 70% till they F*** up their combo and you get a grab or whatever. still isn't as painful it sounds.at least vs pichu falco make think about laser height.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'd never **** someone. I had a dream I thought was real and refused to **** a hot chock and they killed me. I've ha sooo many warped drams like the moqutioes attacked me for stealing that asain guy's pickles.

but yeah H-box won't know what hit him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom