• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure jiggs is only going to stay as long as Hbox stays
There will always be foxes
Marths are so sporadic, it's weird.

Also samus will rise tiers, I promise you that lol.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i love this tier list.. the only thing i dont agree on is link vs DK's placement... but thats prolly cause i havent seen much DK metagame as of late

strawhats

Smash Master
I predict Marth will ultimately come out on top along in a couple of years. He will see his glory days once more..
:chuckle: i'm gonna bring marth back to his throne where he belongs...AT THE TOP.

Thats if mango doesnt do it first. (im pretty sure he will though).:)

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering but is the Gengar Tier a joke because im trying to help the smash wiki and on it there's no Gengar Tier on there and an admin keeps saying that it's a joke. So I'm just wondering if Gengar Tier is a joke or not.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If you don't know whether or not gengar tier is a joke, thats a pretty strong indication that you should NOT be trying to edit smash wiki at all.

Please leave that job for people knowledgeable about the game.
help the community by not helping the community kthnx

john!

Smash Hero
On paper Peach looks great, but this is a tier list which measures tournament viability. So let's compare Peach's matchups among top tourney characters to Marth's matchups among those characters...

Marth does much better against Fox
Peach does a bit better against Falco
Peach does moderately better against Sheik
Marth does a bit better against Puff
Marth does a bit better against Falcon
Marth does moderately better in the head-to-head matchup

Now let's compare to Falcon...

Falcon does a bit better against Fox
Peach does moderately better against Falco
Peach does moderately better against Sheik
Both do about the same vs. Puff
Falcon does moderately better against Marth
Falcon does moderately better in the head-to-head matchup (I would argue much better, to be honest)

Keep in mind that Fox and Falcon are the most common characters in tourney, and they are also Peach's worst matchups.

But Peach does slightly better than both of them against Ice Climbers! Because that totally matters.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
1) this tier list measures nothing. its opinion and speculation.
2) match-ups are determined by players in the current metagame, and 100% opinion based on subjective experiences.
3) fox and falco are actually the most common characters in tournament, according to the CRL (going by total top8 placements)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I would go as far to say that she is top tier material, but the fact that all of her worst matchups are in high/top tiers shows us that the list is heavily based on matchups, because peach is better than falcon.
Riddle, bro, I can't help but agree.

imo you better stop sucking m2k **** so much first, ****in ******
where did he mention m2k?
oh, you're trollfesting
Keep in mind that Fox and Falcon are the most common characters in tourney, and they are also Peach's worst matchups.
Isn't marth>>>>peach? he is pretty common. Falcon usually doesn't dominate.
I herd

Yeah Peach just has trouble comparing with characters above her.
See above

john!

Smash Hero
sorry, i forgot that i live in the midwest, land of the falcons. :lick: falco is probably more common than falcon overall. i think my point still stands though. there's a gap between the top 5 and peach.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
sorry, i forgot that i live in the midwest, land of the falcons. :lick: falco is probably more common than falcon overall. i think my point still stands though. there's a gap between the top 5 and peach.
I agree with john!, I see more Foxes, Falcos, Jigglys, MARFs, and Sheiks than Peaches and Falcons, and the like.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think peach players need to realize how broken their aerials are in terms of priority and speed (both start up and lag). Peach doesn't have a lot of range on her fast moves, but she can smartly and safely double hit with almost character -- if she doesn't hit through their attack.

Peach's dsmash is really overrated. Its probably her riskiest move, even though lots of peach players love the damage returns for it. There are a billion ways to punish it, and it only really works if the opponent puts himself into it (like fox nairing peach when she is at 0% or a shield grabber). With most characters you can shield the dsmash and aerial or wd OoS stuff.

Peach's dash attack is also a really **** move. It combos and is difficult to CC but shield grabs wreck it. The hitbox allows it to beat move aerials and the quick rush allows her some ground range she otherwise doesn't have.

Not to mention no peach has taken advantage of the edge canceled turnips. If you press down b as you run off a platform you cancel part of the turnip grab animation and continue falling off the platform. I think if peach players took advantage of this, many match-ups would become easier (falco and fox come to mind).

Oh yea, and a lot of peach players still don't realize how **** her combos are. Some of the stuff armada can do rivals m2k's marth in its prime. Im sure if you've watched an armada video you know this.

tl;dr peach metagame still can grow

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i agree 100% the peach metagame isnt fully developed. her oos game is amazing and armada is the only person i see utilizing it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
my peach aint bad, not that i practice her. i dont have the patience to learn all the weird tech skill required to boost my peach to the next level. I'm satisfied with sh/fh nair OoS instead of super fast float cancel OoS. Its keeping me down in certain clutch situations. I'll just stick to the stupid fox tech skill where all i have to do is press downb or y->a in order to beat someone, screw having to press y->down->(neutral)->a->down that fast.

Also, i found out peach's dash attack turnip throw hits fox and falco through their upb (not start-up)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'd say that off all the top tiers, peaches metagame still has the furtherest to grow of any of them

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, peach and ics can improve

the thing about these characters though is that since their movement capabilities are a tad slower than spacies/sheik/falcon, they are more often than not found on the defensive end of matches. they require better uses of defensive options and reactions. it's great because they punish hard, but they have trouble simply seizing momentum at will.

they can definitely improve though, because they can create brick walls for certain characters

calling out any puff to get at my ic's

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yes, peach and ics can improve

the thing about these characters though is that since their movement capabilities are a tad slower than spacies/sheik/falcon, they are more often than not found on the defensive end of matches. they require better uses of defensive options and reactions. it's great because they punish hard, but they have trouble simply seizing momentum at will.

they can definitely improve though, because they can create brick walls for certain characters

calling out any puff to get at my ic's
the beauty of peach is that her defensive options are among the best in the game when she has to use them so she's not really concerned about being on the defensive.

Though she falls victim to camping, im not convinced that camping if such a strong strategy in melee (and im a pretty big camoer myself)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
jpobs, you're definitely right.

rhan: ic's vs puff is EEEAAAZY, get at me. just gotta totally change your mindset, theres a strategy that beats her easily lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
jpobs, you're definitely right.

rhan: ic's vs puff is EEEAAAZY, get at me. just gotta totally change your mindset, theres a strategy that beats her easily lol.
Jiggs breaks you away from Nana easy. And once that happens it's kinda juts an easy stock...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I love when people separate nana and popo when i'm playing ICs. Its a lot easier to punish someone for hitting nana when they can't hit popo and nana at the same time, meaning they have to leave themselves open to attack if they hit nana.

if wobbling is on, the match-up shouldn't be that bad, really. Even with it off you can pseudo CG and combo and dthrow->usmash kills around 80-90 depending on stage.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Well... generally when you separate nana and popo, it's easiest to just immediately for for a rest on nana. It's kinda hard to miss, if you miss nana might hit you out of it, and when you hit (which a competent player usually should) you get hit by a fully charged smash and are now playing SoPo vs jiggs... I'd take that lololol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
haha that sounds... annoying to say the least. i've never seen a puff straight up rest nana from neutral, but i can see how it could work. I figured the puff would just try to abuse her AI with bair then chase offstage or something

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo camping ***** what are you talking about
meh.

i think most chars are bad at camping, its really only falco and fox when they insist on doing one particular thing. falco under platforms with lasers is hella gay, and a fox who insists on playign a brital platform game can be mean.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yes.

I was referring to camping that can directly help you win the game (or as directly as possible)

For example, Fox's laser camping is a direct correlation to him winning the game because he has a lead and can expand it. Falco under a platform shooting lasers is a direct correlation to winning because you HAVE to apporach and your options are severely disadvantaged vs him.

on the other hand, Marth/Falcon dash dance camping for example isnt a direct way to win the game, because the opponent isnt at all forced to do anything. In fact, this style of camping auto loses to characters with projectiles.

So i guess when i say "most chars are bad at camping", what i really meant was "Most chars don't have a camping strategy that in and of itself can win a game for them"

hopefully that made a little more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom