• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2010-2011 Super Smash Bros. Melee MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah i've been getting lots of infractions lately I know i'm frakin asking for them anymore. But to some worth whining about topic. saums is better than gannon. gannon shouldn't land as many hits and a lot of people don't know the maych-up. I treat gannon like a easier to abuse marth with easier edge gaurd. alos to see their head's suggest with someone ducking is pretty cool it's fun to sit in front of his sheild and just d-tilt.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
maaaybe. chok is prettty hot XD I'm out of my minf right now I can't tell how fast time is going anymore. But falcon's manilyness should be God tier because midwest falcons all know this we have to much fun not being amazing.

rhan

Smash Hero
false, captain falcon has a gun clearly strapped to his waist. he simply has no use for it due to the fact that he runs faster than bullets and hits harder than a freight train.

I love you. Lemme bare your children.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm glad you guys think each other's avys and w/e is cool and all but stop posting that HERE.

This thread is to discuss the tier list.

If you plan to go off that idea I'm going to infract you. Please, take the unrelated stuff to the social thread.

Naki

Smash Rookie
after reading this entire thread I've come to some conclusions. one of them being i can't believe i read 92 pages of this nonsense.

1. make [an] actual tier list(s)
meaning using match-ups agreed upon by the community to make tier listings of all characters.
I mean if every other community of fighting-esque games can do it, I don't see why melee can't.

2. make a tournament viable character list (or whatever the hell you want to call it)
meaning make a list using raw data from tournaments that includes characters and their placement and how often they place.
notice how this isn't a tier list.
also if spanning over a year this would reflect the metagame of the current era.
things like these should change wildly. it's only natural.
this would also cut out everyones desire to play super smash theorists.

my two pence
Vanilla SF4/Super Turbo has Sagat/O.Sagat on the top of all the tier listings. However, there isn't/wasn't/weren't Sagats/O.Sagats winning every tournament. Tiers list the matchups and how often the character should win the matchup if the players were evenly skilled. Even then, bad matchups are what they are. They're bad for one character, but it's still possible for them to pull out a win. If mango can use character xyz and beat hbox this would uphold the foundation of a tier list. Either: he has figured the way to defeat pudding as whatever character and the matchup would change accordingly, the matchup is still terrible but winnable, mango is too good and it's apparent that his power level is greater than hbox's so the tier list doesn't matter for this instance. that last instance doesn't disregard any shortcomings the matchup might hold, it just means mango is too good.

imo make 2 mango clones and make the clones fight every matchup possible 100x. record data, that's your tier list.

tl;dr
come up or algorithms or whatever to state who you think is the best
but in the end it's not a tier list. It's a new list that should be named accordingly.
DLX melee character rankings, et cetera.

Especially if you have people that make a "tier list" and go
"yo saltines/*****s/***** falcon is the bestest 'cause his knee gives the *****es asbestos"
" yo s/n/s juggz is ****,
that ***** can't take a hit,
if she don't get on the block,
it won't be a shock
when i jv 4stock"
then it's not even a tier list to begin with.

Naki

Smash Rookie
i dub the new melee character ranking system the
"naki melee character organizational chart of most winningest characters list"

JPOBS

Smash Hero
see...i cant suscribe to the notion that "peach is underrated" because jiggs, fox, falco, sheik, marth are all undeniably better than her

so its like

she's underrated, but shes still clearly worse than everyone above her...
unless we spit the list into top 6>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
see...i cant suscribe to the notion that "peach is underrated" because jiggs, fox, falco, sheik, marth are all undeniably better than her
i dont believe that is true.

wow go crashboards!

i swear im not doing this intentionally to boost my e-peen :rolleyes:

Doc King

Smash Lord
im starting to agree with you on that.

sooo frustrating to fight.

all of her moves are stupid good.
If you think that she's frustrating to fight, then play :marth:

Peach is just too slow and not as strong to really overcome her poor speed to become a top tier character. I mean look at Ganon, he's in middle and there about the same speed but Ganon is a lot stronger than Peach. Peach should be in middle tier, shame on MBR. :(

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im only addressing your trolling because you spoke directly to me.

I use to main marth and its still stupid. Peach vs marth is in marths favor but peach can still get off. dsmash is plenty strong for everyone. 1 hit of that does like 24 so idk what to tell you.

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
which one(s) do you think peach is better than?
Definitely not Fox, because that's who he believes is the best character, since he says that Fox has an answer for everything. Not Puff because I think Sveet has a pretty high opinion of Puff. Probably not Marth, considering how Sveet thinks that he is underrated.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh, you guys.
Me still not knowing what the tier list is based on, I would like to say that peach is good. I would go as far to say that she is top tier material, but the fact that all of her worst matchups are in high tier shows us that the list is heavily based on matchups, because peach is better than falcon.
EDIT: HIGH/TOP tiers

JPOBS

Smash Hero
word on the street is that this isnt even a mbr fully sanctioned list, just a rag-tag list thrown together by 2-3 people.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
im just predicting the future guys. nobody has played peach on the level i'm talking about, though armada is obviously the closest. armada's punishes are probably the best possible and his stage game is really impressive as well. I still think there is more to be tapped tho.

Yeah ganon is slow in running speed. So is puff. I don't see the correlation. Peach has the #1 fastest aerials in the game.

also, marth is overrated. he can still do well in certain match-ups but his lack of reliable kill options on most of the cast is pretty significant. he has to keep the opponent in a zone that is fairly small whenever he lands any hit or else he will get CC'd or they will leave lag before him. Also, whenever he uses his sword he sticks his arm with it allowing lots of opportunities for double hits.

Puff/Fox/Falco
Peach/Sheik
Marth
Falcon (i think falcon could be tied with marth if his match-ups with fox falco and sheik weren't terrible)

Dewky

Smash Cadet
why dont you make the tiers:
S- Top
A- High
B- Upper
C- Middle
D- Low
E- Bottom
F- Negligible

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
Ah, so I guess you changed your mind. I remember you saying Marth's ground game is underrated and defending him.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
meh, if you're predicting the future, who can really say yanno?

I just think currently, its pretty easy to see that marth/sheik > peach. But with the current semi decline of those two, and peaches upsurge, who really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom