• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
*sees people thinking their opinions are facts*

*closes window*

Seriously? Whats so bad about any of that? I agree with tl/falco and don't know about shiek because I don't have experience in that match-up. GW also seems very very even.

Vinnie

Smash Master
:gw: : :sheik: is very even. But the BBR decided that the matchup's even because nobody knows what they're talking about when it comes to odd matchups like that.

:gw: : :falco: is -2 on neutrals and even on CPs. Why in the world is that considered even?

When you factor in counterpicks, :gw: : :toonlink: is extremely even...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
A step in the right direction for BBR, IMO.

More accuracy than inaccuracy from what I can tell.

Just wondering when PT became as hard as MK for Mario. That, and Lucas being even with Mario both are the biggest issues I see (Mario loses to Lucas by at least -1).

Oh yeah, and MK is at least as hard as -3 for Mario. The general consensus is that it's our most difficult match-up. I think that's prolly the bulk of the issues with Mario's match-ups.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I approve for the most part.
It's a good first try.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shiek I agree with. After playing Light and watching him play Zac, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 55:45 either characters favor.

G^W vs TL... dunno. Probably a tad in TL favor.

GW vs Falco I think Falco wins.

That's just my thoughts on that

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why is Yoshi good vs ICs? Is it hard for ICs to grab/CG Yoshi?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh yeah, I forgot about the air mobility. That makes sense, thanks.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
>Read ZSS's MUs
>Laugh
>Click last page
>See reactions to other characters' MU listings

Oh man, BBR, rich as usual.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That's it. On the 6th tier list Peach should definitely go up. Seriously... -2 against Wario and she's at #19?! Gimme a break.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Overall, I'm pretty happy with Peach's results. Hopefully the recent Peach hate will stop now lol :awesome:
Or maybe it'll be even worse xD

I personally would move a few characters round by a point. For me, it'd be putting DeDeDe as a -1, swapping Wario (+2) with Luigi (+1) and stick Zelda in +3 (especially if Link is in there)
I'd also be inclined to swap Samus (0) with Ike or more likely PT (+1) and probably stick Wolf in -1

All of these a really minor issues though. I must admit - I was pretty shocked to see that MK and to a certain extent Snake weren't put down as -3 for Peach...not that I have a problem with that :troll:

Steam

Smash Hero
whoa wait a minute.

DK/MK is only a -2?

Looking at all these characters that are apparently -2 against MK... Lucario should definitely only be -1 against MK if this is the case.... lol

though I think most of these -2s are really -3s :/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Why is Yoshi good vs ICs? Is it hard for ICs to grab/CG Yoshi?
Yoshi is fantastic at separating, killing, and gimping the Ice Climbers. He has great spacing tools against them, doesn't really get camped that much, and is good at running away from them, too. He also has Egg Lay, which is his #1 important tool in this match-up (this is probably the match-up where Egg Lay is most vital).

I'm being pretty serious.

Wolf vs Yoshi is pretty much :089: vs
It's a bad match-up, but Wolf doesn't **** Yoshi as much as you would think. He's not Lucario, you know. :laugh:

Anyways, Wolf has a lot of things going for him in this match-up. He has great aerial mobility, a fantastic b-air, a good reflector, and nice shield pressure. He also doesn't get chain-grabbed, either. Despite all of this, though, he's not the best at dealing with Yoshi's own pressure and tends to take on a lot of damage at a time. He also has a bad recovery that Yoshi can take advantage of.

It was actually argued that Wolf as only a 0 or -1 match-up for Yoshi, but I managed to get everyone to agree to a -2.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yoshi is fantastic at separating, killing, and gimping the Ice Climbers. He has great spacing tools against them, doesn't really get camped that much, and is good at running away from them, too. He also has Egg Lay, which is his #1 important tool in this match-up (this is probably the match-up where Egg Lay is most vital).

It's a bad match-up, but Wolf doesn't **** Yoshi as much as you would think. He's not Lucario, you know. :laugh:

Anyways, Wolf has a lot of things going for him in this match-up. He has great aerial mobility, a fantastic b-air, a good reflector, and nice shield pressure. He also doesn't get chain-grabbed, either. Despite all of this, though, he's not the best at dealing with Yoshi's own pressure and tends to take on a lot of damage at a time. He also has a bad recovery that Yoshi can take advantage of.

It was actually argued that Wolf as only a 0 or -1 match-up for Yoshi, but I managed to get everyone to agree to a -2.

8:2 bro. Flowchart wolf keeps yoshi out. I literally use 4 moves to beat any Yoshi I've played, including Deltagod and Pride back in the day.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Overall, I'm pretty happy with Peach's results. Hopefully the recent Peach hate will stop now lol :awesome:
ikr? So much hate yet Peach has been getting loads more of attention and better matchups...

But she'll most likely move up for the next tier list for once.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Why is Peach vs Samus in Peach's favor?

No Peach back there has sufficient Samus matchup experience.
Wrong amigo.

Samus was one of the first matchups I've ever learned inside and out. I just don't encounter them as often as you still do nowadays.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks Polt + Yoshis for your quick responses to my ICs question.

IMHO

For Ike I think vs Falco is -1

Ike vs Pika, ICs, Samus, Wario, ROB, wolf, sheik are at least even. Some I am unsure about whether they might be better worse or the same, such as Kirby, G&W, ZSS. I think Ike possibly beats Wario but I'm not 100% sure. Need to play Trela again to see how it is vs Lucario. -1 sounds right, but I want to make it better =)

I think Ike beats sheik. Ike is at least +1 vs Bowser and Jigglypuff. I thought we were +0 against Yoshi, too. We may be +0 against Ness but we have an advantage vs Lucas.

Steam

Smash Hero
ikr? So much hate yet Peach has been getting loads more of attention and better matchups, I have a feeling she'll be top tier some day... some day.

But she'll most likely move up for the next tier list for once.
not much if at all. she still goes absolutely nowhere at significant tournies :/

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Samus Peach is even.
Samus ROB is even.
Samus Olimar is -4 (or even -17)
Samus ICs isn't -3

Not that it matters because at the end of the day Samus is still Samus.

Oh hey Jekyll I see you there.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
8:2 bro. Flowchart wolf keeps yoshi out. I literally use 4 moves to beat any Yoshi I've played, including Deltagod and Pride back in the day.
Well, considering that PRiDE stopped playing a long time ago and Deltagod is some player I've never heard of (:troll:), maybe those techniques worked well in the past but won't be as effective now. A lot of things change over time. For example, Yoshi vs. Samus used to be listed as 35:65 in Samus' favor (which I wholeheartedly disagreed with, by the way), but now it's listed as a even match-up.

inb4 Xyro raging.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well, considering that PRiDE stopped playing a long time ago and Deltagod is some player I've never heard of (:troll:), maybe those techniques worked well in the past but won't be as effective now. A lot of things change over time. For example, Yoshi vs. Samus used to be listed as 35:65 in Samus' favor (which I wholeheartedly disagreed with, by the way), but now it's listed as a even match-up.

I played pride in 08/09 and Delta in '10. Same crap worked on both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom