• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Everyone is a hypocrite ^_^, I know what camping is It seems like YOU don't. He went MK one match lmao a match he didn't even care about which is why he did it.
If you knew what the definition of camping is then why have you for the past few months been trying to act like the idea of Gannon camping Zelda was ridiculous and impossible?

What have I posted that implies that I don't know what camping means?

Honestly the best thing you could do right now is just man up and admit you're contradicting yourself and making a very poor argument.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
If you knew what the definition of camping is then why have you for the past few months been trying to act like the idea of Gannon camping Zelda was ridiculous and impossible?

What have I posted that implies that I don't know what camping means?

Honestly the best thing you could do right now is just man up and admit you're contradicting yourself and making a very poor argument.
Not making a poor argument I am just taking in the fact you think Ganon can camp Zelda lmao.

Coney

Smash Master
Is Wario still a very relevant character in the current metagame? He has some serious trouble with Meta Knight. Most of the characters he shuts down are in the lower half of the tier list.
now you know how weegee DDD feels!

to actually answer your question though yeah, i think he's prolly top of b tier. push down wario, push up olimar, rethink positions on ICs and marth

Exdeath

Smash Master
You aren't the brightest crayon in the box now are you?

Dunno how much simpler I can make this for you.
The first definition is closer to being running away or retreating. In either case, Ganon is not good at camping Zelda, if only because Zelda is both faster and has a projectile.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
The first definition is closer to being running away or retreating. In either case, Ganon is not good at camping Zelda, if only because Zelda is both faster and has a projectile.
How could I forget Din's fire?!
It's soooo good at forcing the approach.
If only Gannon had some sort of u-air to cancel it out ]:.

You're right, when he has the percent lead she can just use her running speed and incredible approach to get in and deal damage right.
Maybe throw out that frame 11 dash grab to catch him?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Is Wario still a very relevant character in the current metagame? He has some serious trouble with Meta Knight. Most of the characters he shuts down are in the lower half of the tier list.
Wario is an awesome character that is able to compete with MK on high level.
He would be relevant in the current Metagame but no one plays him =(

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
How could I forget Din's fire?!
It's soooo good at forcing the approach.
If only Gannon had some sort of u-air to cancel it out ]:.

You're right, when he has the percent lead she can just use her running speed and incredible approach to get in and deal damage right.
Maybe throw out that frame 11 dash grab to catch him?
What is the goal of your posts? Are you trying to discuss a match-up or do you just want to bash a character? Or something else?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wario is a very good character. he just suffers from the golden rule of brawl, he really shouldnt drop more than 1 or two spots.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
who doesn't suffer from that rule :(

except mk LOL

its not a matter of who doesnt suffer from The Golden Rule of Brawl. Its more of a question of intensity levels.

Ice Climbers have it worse than almost every other character. Snake suffers from it, but nearly to the same extent. And characters like Ike, and toon link suffer from a completely different problem entirely, even tho the cause of the problem is the same.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What is the golden rule of brawl exactly? I want the definition. The one at the ledge/camping wins?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What is the golden rule of brawl exactly? I want the definition.

'Why make it hard on yourself when you can just play metaknight.'

alternatively, the problem that tink/ike/ddd have is "Im a good character but I get reamed by Metaknight." Which is a completely different problem caused by the same character.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The golden rule of Brawl: why learn a lesser character when you can main/second MK?

There's no point in most people learning a lower character when MK is more efficient.

E.G

I could learn Wario as a secondary/use him to CP with, or I could turn to something that won't leave me exposed. I'd rather beat DK and just about everyone else in Brawl with MK, than learn Wario to hard counter DK but have to deal with Marth, Dedede, Peach, MK, etc

The only 2 reasons you would strongly consider picking up a different character out of the blue would be for novelty/surprise, or to "metagame" your region.

Everyone plays Snake and Wario here, I'll learn Dedede. Or my toughest opponent plays as Wario and I have a tough time with him, so I'll learn Marth/whatever. Besides that, there's not much reason to go "Hey I want to main Marth or Wario" when you can go "Hey I want to main MK".

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Generalizations" about life tend to be right though lol.

$1000 is more money than $500, why take only 500 if you can take 1000 with no repercussions?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah.

Except it would be broader instead of "pick MK".

Golden Rule of Brawl without MK: Stop picking ****ty characters

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I guess some people could say Snake.

- But oh wait, Snake's counters make that risky. Use them instead.
- Oh ****, those are too risky too. What about Snake's counters counters? Those are prolly the best choices.
- BUT WAIT, what about the counters to Snake's counters counters, which may or may not include Snake? Clearly the best option.

Loop back to the start.

Metagame.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gtfo!

There's no metagame unless you have the meta in the game.

*stabs myself for making that painful joke*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought the Golden Rule of Brawl was "Don't get hit"?

That rule is much more valuable than the one KID said.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yeah.

Except it would be broader instead of "pick MK".

Golden Rule of Brawl without MK: Stop picking ****ty characters
yes, but remember when we had that conversation about what we define as bad characters?

everyone then goes on to interpret this differently, and therefore is allowed to pick from a much broader view of characters. resulting in much more diverse tournaments.

Much different then saying, "pick mk."

some people say diddy would fill that void of the go to character that everybody should play. but that doesnt work.

When most of us first realised mk was broken, we all went to work learning all the intracies of tornado and shuttle loop and the like.
Personally I feel I can recite about 90% of each and every single way to beat the tornado with every single character. And i know im not the only one.

If people put that same amount of time and work and research into dealing with diddy, I honestly dont think he would be nearly as strong.

@espy
why would something a 64/melee person said be the golden rule of Brawl?

Thats more like the first rule of Smash in general.

Savon

Smash Ace
Hell no. Without MK a huge portion of the cast is no longer being oppressed by the tyrant that is Meta Knight. Some people might try to jump on the Diddy train since I am convinced he would be top tier without Meta, but Diddy is one of those characters that you either hate or love. Most of the Diddy players I know love his entire playstyle, but I feel like he is very polarizing. The next thing you know you will start to see even MORE variety in tournaments. I think Espy worded it best although I am slightly taking his statement out of context

Ironically enough, Sonic's probably so successful BECAUSE Meta Knight exists.

PROBABLY. There's definitely the chance that I'm wrong. I mean, no Meta Knights could mean more Dededes...
...wait, but then there could be more Falcos to counteract that...and more Pikachus for that...and more Marths...and more mid tier...and...oh god...

...more Lucarios...

...oh god.
Besides the whole part about how it slightly hurts Sonic, look at the general idea. Without MK who is impossible to counter, you start seeing people using characters to counter diddy, which results in an awesome chain reaction resulting in more character variety

Coney

Smash Master
okay yeah but honest question

who does diddy lose to? i can't think of anyone off the top of my head except maybe snake, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom