• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Sorry college has started since then lol. I still think we beat Yoshi on bf. So throw Yoshi in the neutral/close pile.
I'm almost positive that Falcon still gets chain-grabbed at BF, not that that is the most important aspect of the MU (it's the fact that Falcon has a hard time approaching Yoshi).

I think it's a bad match-up for Falcon, like 60:40, but everyone else seems to think it's a 55:45. *shrug*

:069:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Also a lot of this can realistically apply to Mario as well, if Luigi's nair is supposedly bad at getting him out of situations, Mario's is not that much better if at all.

If he's bad, ok that fine, but we're trying to compare how good/bad he is with everyone else at that point and if he is around the same level as everyone else in his tier. He's not on the same level as E tier.
You misread what I said. I said his Nair GETS him out of bad situations. Problem with that is that he'll be Nairing like every instance he's in a ****ty situation. Plus, Nair is stupid easy to bait.

If you compared Luigi to the rest of D-E tier, he's better than like 3 of them.

... lol well if we're gonna list the reasons why he's bad I can pull out a whole list. I dropped Luigi because I used to play NAKAT all the time (who recently just beat Boss with MK not too long ago at Inui's Great Revival)

Look guys, Luigi has a problem getting camped, you'll realize this when getting camped haaard by ROB's, Foxes and Snakes that Luigi really can't do anything to stop them except running at them and trying to BS and approach. Fireball doesn't work to be that good of a projectile at all.

Another problem is Luigi's mobility in the air... once Luigi gets popped into the air how is he going to land when he has no air mobility and even his fast fall is slow..

If you want to get specific Metaknight really is the death matchup that Luigi's complain about,
mach tornado destroys every single one of his options except if the MK is being predictable with it; but no good experienced MK will tornado when they can be punished. Then we add Luigi's traction problem and bla bla bla....

Luigi can't get in on players who play safe/reactionary. If you play aggro, then maybe Luigi can BS an approach while you weren't looking and F u up, until then the character can really just stand in one place and wait for Luigi to do something lol.

Sorry to say, but Luigi can't camp as well as most characters and he can't approach as well either... so what does he have going for him except stupid kill power and good aerials? Nothing.
^ALLLLLLL OF THIS!

If Marth is right next to Luigi, maybe.
If Marth is doing any sort of spacing, you're insane.
Nair is also only good as a landing move. You get hit by a rising nair below 40%? You can probably hit him for it.
^This as well.

Did JBAndrew just say that Fox walls Luigi??? Like really?
No. He said he gets camped. Fox can't wall Luigi, but he sure as hell can dip and not have to play Luigi's game.

Around the Sonic boards we say Luigi's really tough if you actually fight him. In order to beat Luigi, you walk away.
Luigi isn't even hard. Play Sonic like a character and Luigi becomes cake.

I didn't even want to sign in and post. I was just lurking and saw a bunch of Oscar Meyer in here and had to co-sign and clear some **** up.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
*Sees location*

You sir have no idea how good Luigi can be.
I know exactly how **** Luigi can be. We have a damn good Luigi player here and he is very hard to beat. Doesn't change the fact that his weaknesses are too damn abusable to be actually viable against good chars who have moves safe on a shield or are fast.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You misread what I said. I said his Nair GETS him out of bad situations. Problem with that is that he'll be Nairing like every instance he's in a ****ty situation. Plus, Nair is stupid easy to bait.

If you compared Luigi to the rest of D-E tier, he's better than like 3 of them.
D tier sure, E tier, no. I do think he is clearly better than everyone in that tier, while he does have abusable weakness' a lot of characters in this tier have similar issues or don't have as good strengths.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm almost positive that Falcon still gets chain-grabbed at BF, not that that is the most important aspect of the MU (it's the fact that Falcon has a hard time approaching Yoshi).

I think it's a bad match-up for Falcon, like 60:40, but everyone else seems to think it's a 55:45. *shrug*

I could be wrong on this, but I think Falcon is free of Yoshi's CG on BF. Whenever I play a Yoshi at BF, I'm always released onto the platforms.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi does release Falcon on the platform, but at the same time, he flies almost a pltforms distance away before he can land up there, so you only cant regrab if you get him around mid stage.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Dang bro, you been living under a rock or something?!

I couldn't make MLG Dallas because I was shooting one of my super 16mm short films, which is now hitting film festivals across the nation.

Falcon-Bowser MU is 50:50, straight up. I've played it a pretty good bit.

You're DFW, right? Play me next time we're at the same tournament!
Yeah actually I do lol. DFW is the region I'm closest to(and what I claim as "home"), and that's two hours away. Sorry I forgot about you man I couldn't remember if you were from tx, though you were like one of the two bowers that came to mind. I'm going to try to make it to whobo3 so maybe there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Walls/camps doesn't matter. No way in hell does Luigi have a problem approaching Fox. Maybe if Fox had a lot of range or a projectile that actually had hitstun.....but as it is Fox only has ground speed. His horizontal aerial mobility is not good enough to avoid confrontations from characters.

Now Snake/MK/Marth/Falco are valid points but not Fox. People really overrate Foxs' camping abilities.

He forces approaches on almost every character and thus has the advantage in that position against characters but it's quite easy to get in on Fox.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But dude, mixing up between Shine Stalling, Dair, and fast fall Airdodge is so good it makes his matchups even!

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Walls/camps doesn't matter. No way in hell does Luigi have a problem approaching Fox. Maybe if Fox had a lot of range or a projectile that actually had hitstun.....but as it is Fox only has ground speed. His horizontal aerial mobility is not good enough to avoid confrontations from characters.

Now Snake/MK/Marth/Falco are valid points but not Fox. People really overrate Foxs' camping abilities.

He forces approaches on almost every character and thus has the advantage in that position against characters but it's quite easy to get in on Fox.
hahahah you are so wrong it's hilarious. Do you play either of those characters? I wouldn't expect you to know what can ACTUALLY happen in that match-up.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
hahahah you are so wrong it's hilarious. Do you play either of those characters? I wouldn't expect you to know what can ACTUALLY happen in that match-up.
Wait so your telling me Fox has a ton of range and his laser has hitstun???

Wow man i shoulda played Fox and then I would have found this out. Silly me commenting on characters I don't play.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But not as good as the better ones, keeping him in the lower tiers.
This explains Sonic's sudden raise.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
luigi's final smash is really good
I was going to make a drug reference, but I guess that's inappropriate.

Luigi's Final Smash -is- really good.

I wish Pokémon Trainer's didn't suck so much.

And I'm glad that Wario's is great, and that he has a ridiculous ability to obtain it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

At WHOBO1, they had 2v2 Item Standard Play.
PhantomX and I went Wario/Sonic. Good times where had by all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kosmos and I wrecked that somehow. At least until we had to play gay people like Lee and Zac

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't remember who knocked us out in winners, but I do remember them whining about taking off Smashballs. We took them off just because we didn't really care.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We played a regular set with Tyrant and DSF. I don't remember anyone else asking to turn off the items.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Clearly you guys are forgetting about the best Final Smash of all time.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Gee I think somewhere on this site I've seen someone get called out for the exact same thing...

Beautiful, too bad I do occasionally use her just because of 3x a more notable Zelda than you haha. Not in tournament though god knows I'd lose. I just feel bad you "main" her yet you have the slightest hope of her ever doing good at anything and you said Ganon could even camp her. good **** :)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Beautiful, too bad I do occasionally use her just because of 3x a more notable Zelda than you haha. Not in tournament though god knows I'd lose. I just feel bad you "main" her yet you have the slightest hope of her ever doing good at anything and you said Ganon could even camp her. good **** :)

So what if Mars occasionally uses Fox?
Don't try to excuse being a hypocrite.

3x a more notable Zelda than you haha.
Oh lawd yes, hes too good. I'll never be able to match him getting 25 out of 55 in a tournament while going MK , I should just quit right now. :cry:

Ganon could even camp her. good **** :)
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Camping

NAKAT

Smash Champion
So what if Mars occasionally uses Fox?
Don't try to excuse being a hypocrite.

Oh lawd yes, hes too good. I'll never be able to match him getting 25 out of 55 in a tournament while going MK , I should just quit right now. :cry:

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Camping
Everyone is a hypocrite ^_^, I know what camping is It seems like YOU don't. He went MK one match lmao a match he didn't even care about which is why he did it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
lol Yoshi's FS is broken. Fire breath does 90% and combos into his fireball, which will kill anyone at around 80%. :laugh:

...Wait, why are we talking about this? More pertinent discussion, please. :glare:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is Wario still a very relevant character in the current metagame? He has some serious trouble with Meta Knight. Most of the characters he shuts down are in the lower half of the tier list.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
lol Yoshi's FS is broken. Fire breath does 90% and combos into his fireball, which will kill anyone at around 80%. :laugh:

...Wait, why are we talking about this? More pertinent discussion, please. :glare:

Cause deep down in our souls, we're all casual***s who'd one day love to play in a tournament with items on.
JUST AS PLANNED Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom