• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I still think Peach could do marginally better as a tournament threat by having a little discipline and perhaps not taking that fair punish every time it's presented. It won't make Peach a better character, but it might make her feel less wimpy late stock.

Look at it this way: fair is 15% damage when it isn't stale but every time you use it (and if you're spamming fair punishes it isn't even doing 15%), you're making the guy tankier by like 20%. Think about that.

When I play Peach these days (which is rare as I don't even play as much as I'd like to these days) I kind of avoid dropping fairs as much. Peach can do a ton of work until like 70% without ever even touching fair, and then all she has to do is poke for 40-50% and smack them with a fresh fair. It sucks, but Peach probably makes herself less viable by taking every punish.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cross up with Bair sounds good but dropping with a Nair after Floating Dair vs IC's sounds risky as hell considering its range. Even if Peach can get a Jab out, there's a good chance you'll trade hits (i.e. IC's will take Jab damage and Peach will get grabbed)

I'm fairly certain that even 2nd hit Dash Attack doesn't connect with MK - he can jump/SL out the way. It's so frustrating considering she can force a Jump Release but is too slow to actually hit him with anything lol
Nair on shield is not safe. The only time I would do that is if I feel the opponent is gonna push buttons after I dair their shield from what I observed in the match. Other wise, I would space a dair and auto cancel to jab and do w/e I feel is right after.

Dark Peach, I like you, you know we are boys.

But you need to seriously scale your posts down. It really serves nobody to make your posts that long. Bubba ask you to explain the peach mk matchup in depth, for those situations, sure go all in.

But in most circumstances, all youre doing with these dissertations is straining the attention span of everyone here.

No matter what you say, zinoto is right. Peach cant kill, and she gets walled out heavily by characters with more range than her and thats why she loses matchups. There is no amount of text you can drop here to convince anyone otherwise because weve all seen it in practice. I can go out and find a half dozen video right now where peach loses because of those 2 things. No matter what you do, you cant talk those things away. You can suggest possible work arounds but that doesnt make those statements false.

also, you cant say that youre not trying to convince anyone of things when you write out giant posts trying to tell people that peach actually CAN kill or w/e.
People choose not to read things I have said, then wanna hit me with things like this like I am crazy. Look at what I have said before. Manly to YOU:

" Me knowing my character, I know Peach does not end lives early. Thats a flaw. So how can I deal with this. Well ........"

This is me stating how she can deal with that issue. It's not me stating how deal with this issue so she can kill people at 90-100. That is not gonna happen unless I get a gimp or solid edguarding.

Now on your walling out part? I have also said that Peach mid range defense option are not good. I said this many times. So really I know that and have been stating it. I also remember stating her flaws and how to deal with them. This does not mean they are not there.

This is what people fail to see. Because they are sooooooooooo sure I am here just trying to make her look good and she has no problems.

And I don't try to convince anyone. I stated I make long post cause I like to give alot of information out on something. That's how I am. I don't give cheap info/advice. From there if you agree with me, cool. if you don't thats fine too. I do this to correct things and people and state whats right from all aspects. Once that is done, my goal is done. wether people believe me or not is on them.

Again, if people don't wanna read my post then don't. I don't care. But for being lazy in not ready what I say, don't assume things of me when these assumptions could have been taken care of with what I have said already if people would have read my post.

MJG

Smash Hero
MJG vs vinnie is the only set I've seen between top players in that matchup.

At the very least rob, peach and TL go even with IC's as well as Wolf and Yoshi apparently.

I wanna play vinnie again. The MU at worst is even. I ended up reverse 3 stocking ESAM's ICs at Whobo 4. TL has all the tools in the world to beat ICs.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Does anyone else run his posts through spell check or is it just me? Sometimes it's like I'm reading another language o.O.

Also, I never knew you played Vinnie, when was this and if it was recorded can you link it for me?

MJG

Smash Hero
Does anyone else run his posts through spell check or is it just me? Sometimes it's like I'm reading another language o.O.

Also, I never knew you played Vinnie, when was this and if it was recorded can you link it for me?
There was a running joke on the ICs boards that I was an ICs slayer until I came across Vinnie. Vinnie 2-0d me at apex and he exposed my recovery with down tilt (my head was above the ledge during bomb pulls). We played at Revival of Salt and he 3-0d me in LFs (match can be found on youtube). He came down to Kansas for a tourney shortly after and 3-0d me AGAIN in WFs and it wasn't until after that set that I realized that I need to step it up if I wanted to beat a player of vinnie's caliber. We went 3-2 in GFs and he sealed the deal again with a really nice bait at the end. I want to play him again so that I can restore my former glory and regain my crown :)

Just another story for the god of misery.

We out.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Nair on shield is not safe. The only time I would do that is if I feel the opponent is gonna push buttons after I dair their shield from what I observed in the match. Other wise, I would space a dair and auto cancel to jab and do w/e I feel is right after.

People choose not to read things I have said, then wanna hit me with things like this like I am crazy. Look at what I have said before. Manly to YOU:

" Me knowing my character, I know Peach does not end lives early. Thats a flaw. So how can I deal with this. Well ........"

This is me stating how she can deal with that issue. It's not me stating how deal with this issue so she can kill people at 90-100. That is not gonna happen unless I get a gimp or solid edguarding.

Now on your walling out part? I have also said that Peach mid range defense option are not good. I said this many times. So really I know that and have been stating it. I also remember stating her flaws and how to deal with them. This does not mean they are not there.

This is what people fail to see. Because they are sooooooooooo sure I am here just trying to make her look good and she has no problems.

And I don't try to convince anyone. I stated I make long post cause I like to give alot of information out on something. That's how I am. I don't give cheap info/advice. From there if you agree with me, cool. if you don't thats fine too. I do this to correct things and people and state whats right from all aspects. Once that is done, my goal is done. wether people believe me or not is on them.

Again, if people don't wanna read my post then don't. I don't care. But for being lazy in not ready what I say, don't assume things of me when these assumptions could have been taken care of with what I have said already if people would have read my post.
If you are truly trying ot educate people, you should consider phrasing your information in a way that is easier to digest for the common forum reader.

And z'z, it is like a different langauge, but if you read it for long enough you start to learn it and then you dont notice it anymore.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you are truly trying ot educate people, you should consider phrasing your information in a way that is easier to digest for the common forum reader.

And z'z, it is like a different langauge, but if you read it for long enough you start to learn it and then you dont notice it anymore.
Really not that simple around here. It won't happen. People don't like to read long post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Really not that simple around here. It won't happen. People don't like to read long post.
Thats the point. Its not like people dont want to listen to you, you just make it excessively difficult to do so for no real reason.

Its simple logic.

You want to properly educate people about your character (2)
+
In this thread people dont like posts that are too long (2)
=
When you are here, make your posts more condensed (4)
Two plus two equals four.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
One thing at a time cj.

Shortening his posts is one thing but the grammar stuff would require a miracle worker. Just take what you can get

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats the point. Its not like people dont want to listen to you, you just make it excessively difficult to do so for no real reason.

Its simple logic.

You want to properly educate people about your character (2)
+
In this thread people dont like posts that are too long (2)
=
When you are here, make your posts more condensed (4)
Two plus two equals four.

I already said I'm not gonna do that. I'm not cheap when I explain something. Again that's how I am. And will dish out all that I know based on what is being talked about.

And I have said, if people don't wanna read, that's fine. All I tell people is don't assume stuff of me and pinn this internet image of me to sound cool and funny cause you choose not to read what I say. As long as people do that, it's fine with me if people don't read what I say.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I already said I'm not gonna do that. I'm not cheap when I explain something. Again that's how I am. And will dish out all that I know based on what is being talked about.

And I have said, if people don't wanna read, that's fine. All I tell people is don't assume stuff of me and pinn this internet image of me to sound cool and funny cause you choose not to read what I say. As long as people do that, it's fine with me if people don't read what I say.
If thats really how you feel than saying you only come here to try and educate people on your character is a rather disingenuous statement.

In reality all your doing is flexing and showing off that you supposedly know more about peach than anybody else. AND THAT is the reason everyone has this impression of your internet persona that you say you dont appreciate.

If there is a problem that you have the answer to and knowingly refuse to fix, dont complain about the consequences.

And for the record, learning how to condense what you are saying and cater it to the people that you are talking to isnt being cheap. Its a learned and applied high level skill.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If thats really how you feel than saying you only come here to try and educate people on your character is a rather disingenuous statement.

In reality all your doing is flexing and showing off that you supposedly know more about peach than anybody else. AND THAT is the reason everyone has this impression of your internet persona that you say you dont appreciate.

If there is a problem that you have the answer to and knowingly refuse to fix, dont complain about the consequences.

And for the record, learning how to condense what you are saying and cater it to the people that you are talking to isnt being cheap. Its a learned and applied high level skill.
Im not complaining, Im correcting. Big difference. And I find it hella funny how this is a big deal. Long post are problems cause people. Like really? What is this, middle school?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean... you can do what you want.

Its just a bit hypocritical to say you want one thing and than act (or in this case, post) in a way that is contradictory to what you say you want.

btw. are you going to apex?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I mean... you can do what you want.

Its just a bit hypocritical to say you want one thing and than act (or in this case, post) in a way that is contradictory to what you say you want.

btw. are you going to apex?
I'm use to what people think or assume or me. it may suck but I just take it. It does not bother me anymore like a few year back so im fine.

And yea, I'll be at apex.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Teachers want to educate their students. If they get good grades, so does the teacher. If the students are having an issue paying attention due to something being long or drawn out, you can't just keep teaching in said fashion. If they do bad, you do bad and could possibly lose your job.

IMO.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Even 5th graders can put together a more coherent sentence than DP. I don't mind reading long posts; but if every other word is misspelt or the grammatical flow mimics Asian language structures my brain gives me a massive "I don't have enough will to translate this". And that's literally what you have to do, translate his posts while you read them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Then you shoulda won.

If not, you're still doin' it wrong. :bee:
Nah I win those ones, just giving an example to say I do play dumb enough lol.

Regardless though, I feel like we have to work harder and make a lot fewer mistakes in order to win, hence why I think we lose slightly. Definitely more than winnable for us though.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Even 5th graders can put together a more coherent sentence than DP. I don't mind reading long posts; but if every other word is misspelt or the grammatical flow mimics Asian language structures my brain gives me a massive "I don't have enough will to translate this". And that's literally what you have to do, translate his posts while you read them.
Have some respect, dude.

Judo777

Smash Master
Range is in no way related to transcendence. My earlier definition is correct. I'm also rather positive on the Ganon dair, cause i read it then tested it.

I'm telling you, if you want to test if a move is or not, try to beat a samus missle, you will find its a pretty great test (easy enough to execute for most moves). If it beats the samus missle, its not transcendent (MK can't hit a Samus missle with any move thats not DA, Glide attack, tornado, or drill rush, maybe down b but not sure.)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You could also just see if the attack collides with the hitbox of a bouncing suitpiece.
Or if it collides with ZSS' nair/MK glide attack.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Also, PLEASE write your posts in Word and spell check them.
Are we seriously gonna focus on this? Like, really? The grammar's not perfect but it's easily readable, I've seen plenty of posters who have far worse grammar. I don't have to mentally translate that, personally I find that easy to read compared to some stuff i've seen here. Why is everyone making an issue of THAT? I don't like telling people they're saying something silly but... to me that's silly. :glare:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
By the beginning of this page I actually read DP's posts like:
"I'm not gonna write shorter sentences, I have to write long posts, because I have to give a lot of information when I speak, and it's not my fault you won't read it all, because I already gave a full explanation; I have spoken, and I spoke a lot because that's how I am, and it's your fault if you don't understand or don't agree with my post just because you didn't read it all."

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Regardless though, I feel like we have to work harder and make a lot fewer mistakes in order to win
See, but that kinda applies to EVERYONE'S MU against ICs.

ICs are the "**** up once and lose a stock" MU. It's incredibly dumb to deal with because you always have to make a lot fewer mistakes than the ICs to win. Theoretically, three mistakes will cost you the match.

I don't think our tools fail to give us enough options to avoid the CG reliably while damaging the ICs, so I don't think we lose the MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom