• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oy da K.I.D

It appears under the users profile picture and can be changed by going to "User CP", then "Edit your details"

I'm certain the majority of people won't put there accurate gender, but ey, I think it's a neat feature still.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
By the beginning of this page I actually read DP's posts like:
"I'm not gonna write shorter sentences, I have to write long posts, because I have to give a lot of information when I speak, and it's not my fault you won't read it all, because I already gave a full explanation; I have spoken, and I spoke a lot because that's how I am, and it's your fault if you don't understand or don't agree with my post just because you didn't read it all."
Had to re-read that in his voice once I saw the image.

My sides.....they hurrtttt

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
By the beginning of this page I actually read DP's posts like:
"I'm not gonna write shorter sentences, I have to write long posts, because I have to give a lot of information when I speak, and it's not my fault you won't read it all, because I already gave a full explanation; I have spoken, and I spoke a lot because that's how I am, and it's your fault if you don't understand or don't agree with my post just because you didn't read it all."

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Here's some fun information for you theorycrafters to mess with:

I don't know how common this knowledge is, but it's uncommon enough that GIMR got it wrong in his MK dtilt loop video. In the video he states that one has 26 frames to continue a lock during a forced get-up, and that MK's roll+dtilt was exactly 26 frames, allowing him to continue the combo.

As it turns out, that's not true. The end lag on MK's dtilt is 10 frames, which makes the entire thing go on 36 frames, which should be impossible. After some prodding by DeLux I tested it this morning and discovered something really interesting: while you have 26 frames to hit someone after they fail a tech or fall on the ground after ledge slip, you have 46 frames before invincibility starts during forced get-up, after which they are vulnerable again for a brief period (hence stuff like snake's reset->fsmash).

I already checked: MK is the only character that can force reset->roll->force reset, but Squirtle comes close. Interested in seeing if anyone can think of some lame uses for this.
I said in the video that MK only has 26 frsmes after his Dtilt ends. I NEVER said it was some universal rule that applies to all moves that cause forced get up. That'd be silly.'

It's common knowledge that you have extra time to hit some one when you do a force get up. I show it a lot in my vids. It's just so common that I never explained it thoroughly.

Yeah I tried with Squirtle when making the first video and realized it don't work

:phone:

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
does anyone know when the next tier list is predicted to come out? i like seeing changes

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Next tier list will be out like, late spring maybe?

@ jab lock stuff: did anyone try shellshifting with Squirtle instead of rolling? Jab the opponent while the momentum from the SS carries you through them, then walk back and jab across the stage?

:059:

:phone:

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I've already tried everything I can and nothing seems to work, hydrojab is too slow.
The only thing that works is F-tilt -> dash and release immediatly -> Jab1.

Depending on the SDI of your opponent, you can go past him with Jab2 and continue the lock in the other direction.

When fatigued and at low%, SH B-air while drifting towards the opponent and then turnaround jab also works.

Iirc, you can also Jab1 -> true pivot -> Jab1, but I doubt Squirtle can do a sort of infinite lock if the opponent doesn't mess up (DI/SDI). :(

Vinnie

Smash Master
This is way late, but ICs don't lose to :yoshi2:, :toonlink:, :zerosuitsamus:, :peach:. They probably lose to :rob: or go even, but they definitely don't lose to the first 4 characters. Unless you're talking about mid-level play.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I pick whatever side makes Gheb stop talking.
There's a third side?
And Life, I never called him stupid. I'm not that petty. :applejack:

@Xeylode: Not sure at the moment. It'd be nice to set it up like that. No MK does have some influence.
Like Ike.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I doubt it'd happen. We didn't have an MK-banned tier list when the ban was most popular (ie when the URC was active) so idk why it'd happen now when MK-banned tournies are even less common.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Nah it's at least +2 Peach, son.

:059:
I could write an essay explaining the intracacies of this matchup and why it is even or possibly 55-45 in peach's favor at worst. I have more experience against Peach as DK than any other DK main, having played Illmatic both online and offline many times over the past 2.5 years as well as other notable peach mains such as Nicole, and Razmakazi. I also have an impressive peach (according to Illmatic) giving me the unique vantage point of knowing the matchup from both perspectives. Since it's obvious that you're overestimating peach/trolling I doubt that I'd actually ever give you the pleasure of debating me in this matchup, which I am far more knowledgeable in than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom