• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
who are the hard characters to fight despite their spot on the list? i always thought DK was pretty scary. same with ike. bowser could be depending on who it is. who do you not look forward to fighting? i have like no mu experience so that could be it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lucas because I barely understand the character. And Peach because she's actually a *good character*.

:059:

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
i've been thinking of changing my main. one with good mix ups and doesnt need much to get good with. just experience. that might be a stupid request but still. i dont want mk because thats kinda cheap i think. getting good because he's good

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
They have gender icons now? I'm not putting mine unless it comes in "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince" form.

I hate fighting Sheik more than anything. I don't fight Sheik with anyone not named Ice Climbers.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
who are the hard characters to fight despite their spot on the list? i always thought DK was pretty scary. same with ike. bowser could be depending on who it is. who do you not look forward to fighting? i have like no mu experience so that could be it
**** Sonic my reaction time feels balls against him.

Other than that... MAYBE Sheik for the same reason.

And Ganon, while I never really lose to him, makes me tense up cuz its like OH **** IF HE TOUCHES ME IM ****ING DEAD IN TWO HITS

They have gender icons now? I'm not putting mine unless it comes in "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince" form.
I never even noticed those were added until now... lol.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm horrible at fighting DK, Bowser, and Ganon unless I'm playing DK, Bowser, or Ganon myself. :smirk:

I can't play lightweight projectile campers to save my life.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
okay thank god im not the only one afraid of ganon.. worst character and all i thought i was the only one that got nervous at him..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
MK, ICs, Lucario, Falco, Snake, Diddy, and Olimar.
Everyone else feels like you're actually playing the game. :applejack:

Jet300

Smash Ace
I only hate fighting Zelda, sheik, pikachu and ice climbers. I use to hate Olimar when I didnt know how to do foxs SHTL. Now that I learned it, Olimar isn't annyoing for me anymore.

I see iota hates fox.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I do not like dying at 100% from random hyphens. Fox's mobility is quite frustrating.

I feel like I'm the only one that enjoys playing Olimars :happysheep:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally dislike fighting Peach. Period.

/irony.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Marth is the one character I hate fighting. I know how to fight and beat him. but the stuff I have to do to win is annoying. Fighting him makes me not wanna play this game anymore wether I beat him or not.

everyone else in this game means nothing to me and can shut down.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth is the one character I hate fighting. I know how to fight and beat him. but the stuff I have to do to win is annoying. Fighting him makes me not wanna play this game anymore wether I beat him or not.
This is exactly feel about Marth and many matchups.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
-LzR- doesn't play Puff anymore afaik

That's a dumb-*** MU though
though not as bad as MK/Snake

I feel like Puff can handle any MU at top level except those two, and a lot of the other MUs she can't handle unless she is adequately warmed up (which is basically just luck and dedication)

**** low tiers lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You play jiggz I would assume?

I can feel your pain. Jiggz takes hella work to deal with the BS in this game.
People always assume that because of my avatar. Though I understand that. I play GW and Peach mostly so I can relate to your problems a bit. Peach can handle Marth just fine, but it's still annoying no matter what because it's just not fun imo.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
More focus should be put to underratted characters in stead of these boring over used ones to make the game more interesting and fun.

And Peach vs Marth is bad. Marth has a solid advantage.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You think so? My opinion towards the MU has changed a lot, but I think it's just a MU where you have to work hard and play different to your usual style and it's manageable. Like a -1. Though I can understand how Marth edgeguards us like a joke, juggles us like a joke, kills us just like that and doesn't give a **** about our good shield pressuring ability.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You think so? My opinion towards the MU has changed a lot, but I think it's just a MU where you have to work hard and play different to your usual style and it's manageable. Like a -1. Though I can understand how Marth edgeguards us like a joke, juggles us like a joke, kills us just like that and doesn't give a **** about our good shield pressuring ability.
He kills nearly all of our good qualities. Peach needs pressure or else she isnt ****. I can't open anyone up or get damage without it. Marth just takes that away. Leads to a point where I have to let Marth swing. for me to punish anything and get hits. I have to give him momentum so I can take it away. it's ********. I can't really camp him ether. the time I take to get a turnip and toss it, thats time he can close the gap. And be mid range with me. which my defense options mid range suck.

The only way I beat marths now is just mindgameing the hell out of them and giving them something they don't expect from peach. When people play her they usually expect the typical BS gameplay from her. I use that to my advantage and hit them with something different or random.

Screw marth, i rather fight a top MK then him.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess that's true. Marth kills all of Peach's good qualities just like that. Maybe it's just how used I am to the matchup that makes me think it's fine.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Next tier list will be out like, late spring maybe?

@ jab lock stuff: did anyone try shellshifting with Squirtle instead of rolling? Jab the opponent while the momentum from the SS carries you through them, then walk back and jab across the stage?

:059:

:phone:
You got me excited... Then I remembered that you guys live in the Northern Hemisphere. -_-

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There are couple of cool, consistent things which Peach can use to fight toe to toe with Marth, but it's definitely easier at practically every level for us. Less (i.e. like none) grounded-area float, different zoning styles for turnips and ... down air. At least that's the progression Illmatic made over the course of playing the MU with me a metric ton for 2-3 weeks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ Marth vs. Peach: Imagine a situation where both chars use counter at the same time. In theory, whose animation would end earlier? I know it's not so much as a factor in the match-up, i'm just curious. =)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth would win the situation. Peach should never use her counter because it's ****. There is like no reward for using it successfully and it's too slow and laggy.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
And it's **** as a landing mixup because it gives Peach a small jump that's too small and laggy to be of any use except for a slight recovery boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom